PDA

View Full Version : Games you have beaten in the year 2010

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Drunken Savior
03-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Typical!

Joe Redifer
03-03-2010, 01:58 AM
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time" with the help of fellow forum member Vice Viper. I felled most of the enemies while Vic just sat there and continued again and again.

Drunken Savior
03-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Typical!

Vicviper
03-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Typical!

Lol.

I wouldn't have continued so much if I had a bite of pizza or two.

Joe Redifer
03-03-2010, 10:48 AM
You were already full from the giant cheeseburgers you ate earlier. I was helping you watch your weight.

Paper exe
03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Just beaten Rockman 10 on hard without using any items.

SpaceManSpiff
03-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Lol.

I wouldn't have continued so much if I had a bite of pizza or two.

There should be plenty of pizza to go around, with Pizza Hut's $10 pizzas. My brother has gained over 12 lbs since they started that.:)

Seraph
03-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Despite owning it for 4 years now since the Wii's launch, I finally beat Zelda Twilight Princess. Awesome game.

Drunken Savior
03-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Epic final boss.

Escaflowne2001
03-04-2010, 03:12 PM
XB360 version?

Paper exe
03-04-2010, 03:15 PM
lol Darren wrong thread.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25240&page=51

Seraph
03-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Epic final boss.
I actually thought the final boss fights in OoT and WindWaker were more epic.

OoT you fight Gannondorf, had that whole scene where you escape the crumbling tower with Zelda, and then right when you think it's safe BAM you're trapped in a ring of fire with huge beast Ganon with no master sword and epic music. That entire sequence had my blood pumping.

In wind waker the last boss is a 2 on one fight with you & tetra/zelda vs Gannon in a torrent of water. it was awesome because tetra being the sassy type was not the kind of girl to sit on the sidelines, so she jumps right in the fight. And then the finish where you downward stab gannon right through the forehead, the scene pauses just like that for a moment, then you jump off leaving him frozen with the master sword sticking straight out of his forehead and he turns to stone. Best gannon death ever.

Twilight Princess, while still cool, I felt was a little out of order. You fight possessed Zelda so the game can get the traditional energy relay fight out of the way, but then it goes straight into giga gannon. Giga gannon was the most epic part of the fight yet it felt out of place. I think the order should have gone something like Horse Chase -> Knock off horse into 1 vs 1 battle -> Gannondorf is losing so he goes beast out of desperation and you end up beating him in his most powerful looking form. I felt the 1 vs 1 battle was a really lame way to end things, especially since he more or less stood like a stiff tree the entire fight.

Don't get me wrong because Twilight Princess was a fantastic game throughout.

darren
03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
lol Darren wrong thread.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25240&page=51

hahahaha .. lol .. oh yeah will shift um ..

Zachalmighty
03-04-2010, 04:12 PM
I recently beat Borderlands and Mass Effect 2 a second time.

Drunken Savior
03-04-2010, 05:11 PM

OoT you fight Gannondorf, had that whole scene where you escape the crumbling tower with Zelda, and then right when you think it's safe BAM you're trapped in a ring of fire with huge beast Ganon with no master sword and epic music. That entire sequence had my blood pumping.

In wind waker the last boss is a 2 on one fight with you & tetra/zelda vs Gannon in a torrent of water. it was awesome because tetra being the sassy type was not the kind of girl to sit on the sidelines, so she jumps right in the fight. And then the finish where you downward stab gannon right through the forehead, the scene pauses just like that for a moment, then you jump off leaving him frozen with the master sword sticking straight out of his forehead and he turns to stone. Best gannon death ever.

Twilight Princess, while still cool, I felt was a little out of order. You fight possessed Zelda so the game can get the traditional energy relay fight out of the way, but then it goes straight into giga gannon. Giga gannon was the most epic part of the fight yet it felt out of place. I think the order should have gone something like Horse Chase -> Knock off horse into 1 vs 1 battle -> Gannondorf is losing so he goes beast out of desperation and you end up beating him in his most powerful looking form. I felt the 1 vs 1 battle was a really lame way to end things, especially since he more or less stood like a stiff tree the entire fight.

But....science has proven TP to have a final boss epic factor of 5 and WW and OoT to have a 4.5. Explain that!

I think I can help us find common ground though. Zant's 'coolness' as a character:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/0xDE/FacebookDegrees.png

As soon as he became less mysterious and more.....childlike....I was over him as a character.

Joe Redifer
03-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Science comes through for the win again!

Seraph
03-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes, Zant is the common ground. he was a really cool boss till he took off his helmet and starting acting like a whiny spastic.

Vicviper
03-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Final Fight 2 on the SNES with a friend, not Joe. Ok game but the music is pure crap.

Zack
03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
re5 desperate escape on professional

SuperAngelo64
03-05-2010, 09:19 PM

I think the way the final boss battle went was perfect.

But that's because I love one-on-one epic battles because of the imagery. For example I thought that the battle between Solid and Liquid on top of Rex was way more epic than actually fighting Liquid piloting Rex. The Ganon first, Ganondorf second battle reminded me of that a lot.

Northeastmonk
03-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Dead Space on normal.

progmetal
03-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Finished Heavy Rain. Great game, but everybody died, except for the killer who got away :(

Also played the FREE dlc Taxidermist Hevy Rain episode, pretty short but great stuff. The freak killed Madison with a brutal knifekill though. 4 more endings to see.

KingOfSentinels
03-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Dammit, why do I always read the spoilers...

Escaflowne2001
03-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Finished Heavy Rain. Great game, but everybody died, except for the killer who got away

LOL. What the heck did you do?

progmetal
03-06-2010, 09:48 AM
I failed at the first two or three trials of Ethan. After I cut of his finger and drank the poison he still couldn't figure out the adress.

Lauren drowned in the car, and I made Madison jump out of the burning house. (even though she said it would kill her)
With Jayden I accused Blake because of the gold watch, and Jayden ended up dying of an overdose or something.

Ethan shot himself in the end. Then I watched "Scottie", the privat eye walk away.

Yeah LOL, some bad desicions there.

Dj Jimmi Zero
03-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Sadly Paper beat me to it, I finished Megaman 10 last night, I'm on spring break so I may be able to finally write my reviews for the five other games I've finished over the past few months. This is assuming that FFXIII and my homework don't take up too much of my time.

Paper exe
03-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I beat it four times before you. You are four times late. You got pwnd!

Elite B.
03-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Finally finished Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Such a great game :)

Seraph
03-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Beat Mega Man 10 friday night on normal with Mega Man. I then turned around at tried it with Protoman but the amount of damage he takes is ridiculosly stupid. I'm not a masochist. Protomans slide/charge is still cool though so I beat it on easy in 45 minutes.

Then after that I finally PROPER BEAT Sonic 3&K. We aren't talking just getting through the levels with Sonic. I'm talking 3 perfect save files for each character, all emeralds gotten first time through.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/Seraph830/PICT0004.jpg

This marks like the 15th or so time i've done this exact same thing. Sonic 3&K, how I love thee.

SpaceManSpiff
03-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Finally finished Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Such a great game :)

I'll probably start the campaign after I finish Darksiders and Bayonetta. How long was it?

darren
03-07-2010, 07:37 AM
its short from what i've read 6hours ish .. but its good fun .. all about the multi player tbh

Paper exe
03-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Seraph lol what up with your life and continues. Do you like actually die in these games!? Also if you want to do it like the cool people you did need to either beat the game with three main characters and sonic should be alone or beat it four times. Because sonic and tails is counted as a separate character. You really screwed up. Zero achievement there. All your work is gone for nothing.

Elite B.
03-07-2010, 02:06 PM
I'll probably start the campaign after I finish Darksiders and Bayonetta. How long was it?

It didn't really take that long. Darren was right, mostly 6 hours. It had a good story and I enjoyed every moment of it. Although I did not enjoy two of the multiplayer maps. Kinda sucks because everyone goes sniper. :/

darren
03-07-2010, 07:31 PM
just now beat Bad Company 2 myself .. enjoyable but v/short is the best way to describe it. i guess they are hoping the multi player has some legs to it

Elite B.
03-07-2010, 07:38 PM
just now beat Bad Company 2 myself .. enjoyable but v/short is the best way to describe it. i guess they are hoping the multi player has some legs to it

I heard there is going to be a DLC for when they go to Alaska. I am not to sure when it will come out but I can't wait :).

Yeah, the multiplayer is alright. But isn't there going to be more maps released in the BF:BC2 store?

darren
03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
nice . i paid an extra 2 for the uk special ed which gets me the dlc for , plus some m/player items.

Havoc2049
03-07-2010, 10:22 PM
1. Phantasy Star 0 (DS) - Jan. 18 - Single player Story Mode on Hard.
2. Alien vs Predator (PC) - Jan. 23 - Marine storyline on Realistic
3. Mass Effect (X360) - Feb. 20 - Normal
4. Crossbow (Atari XL/XE) March 7th

CRT's & Lightgun games FTW!
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/todhavoc/CBTitle.jpg

The evil Wizard is dead!
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/todhavoc/CBEnd.jpg

SuperAngelo64
03-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Wario Land: Shake It

Knuckles Chaotix (Vector & Charmy)

My ringtone is now "Midnight Greenhouse" and my text recieved tone is the Sonic ring sound.

Escaflowne2001
03-08-2010, 04:20 AM
Call Of Duty Classic on XB360 Arcade. I was sure I hadn't played the original Call Of Duty before but some of it seemed fimilar especially the russian missions towards the third part of the game.

strange unless some of the missions were included in one of the PS2 versions of COD.

Joe Redifer
03-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - NDS

God damn this game is wordy. It must have over 2GB of text alone. It just doesn't know when to shut up! Everyone always has something more to say. Oh well, at least now I can finally take Heavy Rain out of the shrinkwrap and play it!

SpaceManSpiff
03-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Just beat Darksiders on normal. Took me just under 17 hours, and I probably got 90% of the collectables. Great game, even if it copies Zelda and GoW. I liked it a lot more than Dante's Inferno, though the final boss was too easy. On to Bayonetta.

Seraph
03-08-2010, 08:35 AM
In my effort to not start a time consuming game that would get steamrolled by FF13, I beat Kirby's Dreamland 3 this weekend.

SuperAngelo64
03-08-2010, 08:49 AM
In my effort to not start a time consuming game that would get steamrolled by FF13, I beat Kirby's Dreamland 3 this weekend.

Nago the cat 4 lyfe

Yoshi Girl
03-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Bioshock 2

murray
03-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Just finished Heavy Rain, I saved the kid, got the girl but Jayden died. The very last QTE of the game was an upward flick of the pad I did but it said I didn't and he got crushed, fucking QTEs their must be a better way to tell a cinematic story. Overall I thought it was pretty good, decent characters and pretty suspenseful. a strong 7.

Beam
03-08-2010, 08:23 PM
the orange box: only have half life ep2 to finish then on to the force unleashed.

was it just me or did bioshock 1 suck? i loved the soundtrack though.

SpaceManSpiff
03-08-2010, 08:58 PM
was it just me or did bioshock 1 suck? i loved the soundtrack though.

Uh-Oh, I don't think your allowed to say that on this forum. I could never get into the game for some reason, so I watched my cousin play most of it.

Beam
03-08-2010, 09:15 PM
i beat bioshock 1 but had to force myself through the last portion of (the regular splicers were tougher than the last boss and becoming a big daddy limited vision and made the game suck more) the game sorry if it offends but it wasn't as great as most thought.

SpaceManSpiff
03-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Took me 13 hours, but I beat Bayonetta on normal. I thought I had beat the game like 10 different times, it just never seemed to end. Fun boss fights.

Joe Redifer
03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I know, right? It took me about the same amount of time. Games these days just LOVE to drag the last fight on and on and on, no matter the game, it seems. The latest Ace Attorney game was the same way. Something that thing the game industry does NOT have are editors. It really needs someone to step in and say "OK, enough here, you're wearing out your welcome by this point".

SpaceManSpiff
03-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Yah, one of the last missions where you fight all the bosses again was a real drag. Hell, even during the credits you can still play and get trophies!

And because the game is really cheap it's super hard to get platinum trophies on normal. I got all stone trophies, 2 gold, 1 silver, and 1 or 2 bronze trophies. I died less playing Demon's Soul's.

Escaflowne2001
03-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Considering who the developers I think it was a forgone conclusion that you'd have to fight all the bosses again at the end. Though it did get abit tiresome after a while.

Yoshi Girl
03-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I know, right? It took me about the same amount of time. Games these days just LOVE to drag the last fight on and on and on, no matter the game, it seems. The latest Ace Attorney game was the same way. Something that thing the game industry does NOT have are editors. It really needs someone to step in and say "OK, enough here, you're wearing out your welcome by this point".

I think Miles just seems longer because you never go to court (or do you and I just haven't got to that point yet?) At least with Phoenix you investigated and went to court, so it seperated it out a bit.

Joe Redifer
03-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Well you kind of do, but not really.

Beam
03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Yah, one of the last missions where you fight all the bosses again was a real drag. Hell, even during the credits you can still play and get trophies!

And because the game is really cheap it's super hard to get platinum trophies on normal. I got all stone trophies, 2 gold, 1 silver, and 1 or 2 bronze trophies. I died less playing Demon's Soul's.

i died quite a bit too, and what was with the eggman references? i know its a sega game and all. but i was too bored to go back and investigate further.

SpaceManSpiff
03-11-2010, 07:38 AM
I got your friend request Beam. You need to adjust your avatar's appearance to reflect your current balding situation.:evil:

Just beat Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I actually enjoyed it more than Modern Warfare 2. It doesn't have the cinematic quality and polish of MW2, but there is more tangible gameplay and less "movie like" crap. Not to mention a decent tank level and destructible enviroments. Now that I got my new internet set up after moving I will be playing a lot of multiplayer this weekend. If anyone wants to join my squad, feel free. On Xbox Live.

Beam
03-11-2010, 09:31 AM
isn't my robo-av bald enough?

SpaceManSpiff
03-12-2010, 08:18 AM
I just read that EA is taking down the BFBC2 servers from 12-4 a.m. PST tonight and tomorrow night for maintenance.:irked:

Joe Redifer
03-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Dante's Inferno on the PS triple. This is a fairly good game, but with God of War 3 coming out so soon it seems kind of redundant. So that is why I rented it.

SpaceManSpiff
03-13-2010, 07:41 AM
If you haven't tried it yet, you should rent Darksiders. Much better game than Dante's Inferno.

Vicviper
03-13-2010, 10:11 AM
How long did it take you to beat it Joe? I would like to play it but I will wait until after God of Warz III which is only 3 days away.

Tetris: NES Type B Level 9 Height 5. Awesome ending screen with Kid Icarus, Mario, Luigi, Bowzer, Peach, Samus and Link playing instruments and dancing. In the background that famous Russian church's steeples are actually nukes that Russia is launching to destroy the world. Crazy!!!

Joe Redifer
03-13-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't know how long it took because there is no in-game play clock. I rented it on Monday and played a couple hours for 3 or 4 days.

I will borrow Darksiders from fellow forum member Vicviper. Not sure if that one will hold my interest to the end, though, as I am not fond of Zelda games.

Escaflowne2001
03-16-2010, 02:23 PM
I finished FFXIII in 48hrs. Quite a nice ending though I could totally see a sequel.

It wasn't as good as FFXII but it's was still an excellent game. Straight corridors and all. I hope they keep the new battle system while expanding the rest of the game for FFXV

SpaceManSpiff
03-16-2010, 07:46 PM
After about 3 months of on and off again playing, I finally beat Psychonauts.:)

Havoc2049
03-16-2010, 08:47 PM
After about 3 months of on and off again playing, I finally beat Psychonauts.:)

Dedication! I bought it back in 2006 and still haven't beat it. Of course I haven't played it since 2006. So how did you like it? Does it live up to its cult classic status?

SpaceManSpiff
03-17-2010, 01:26 AM
I think the first time I played it was a couple years ago, just recently borrowed it from a friend. I would say it lives up to it's name. The platforming isn't as tight as a Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxtar, but overall it's pretty good, can be frustrating sometimes. The Humor, jokes, and characters are really great. The stuff people say in this game can be really funny, like the spies in the milkman level. Each world is really creative and unique. 8/10 I would say.

Seraph
03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
I beat RE5: Desperate Escape with Joe last friday. It's amazing that when Joe says "ok this is frustrating, last time we try" we manage to beat it.

It wasn't nearly as good as Lost in Nightmares. I think LiN represents everything I love about RE and DespEsc represents everything I hate about it.

Joe Redifer
03-17-2010, 07:48 PM
You were the one that kept dying! I'm not sure that this counts as an official clear to go on the lists, however. But I definitely agree that Lost in Nightmares was so much better. They need to make a full game like that instead of just a shoot-em up action fest like Desperate Escape.

Joe Redifer
03-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Heavy Rain for the PS Triple. Pretty damn cool!

murray
03-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Didn't it bother you that you controlled the killer and had access to his thoughts but it never let on it was you? What about the fact you were hunting for yourself and putting your life at risk even though it was you and they never care to explain why Scott was doing that. What about Ethans moments where he comes round holding oragami.

---Seriously, use spoilers, Murray.

--Joe

Escaflowne2001
03-18-2010, 05:09 AM
DLC is on the way. Some of it's set before, during and after the game :)

SpaceManSpiff
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Didn't it bother you that you controlled the killer and had access to his thoughts but it never let on it was you? What about the fact you were hunting for yourself and putting your life at risk even though it was you and they never care to explain why Scott was doing that. What about Ethans moments where he comes round holding oragami.

Really!? Spoiler Tags?:slap::too mad:

--fixed
--Joe

Zack
03-19-2010, 04:34 PM
i was about to play that too.. now im put off.

George Foreman
03-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Finally beat Contra Hard Corps again. It's been damn near three years since I last did it. Just wish I could come close to 1CCing it again.

I'm having a hard time sticking to one game, but I'm going to try and finish Rocket Knight Adventures, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, or SMT: Digital Devil Saga next.

Soba
03-22-2010, 01:39 AM
Beat Heavy Rain. I'm not gonna bother getting all the endings or anything. None of the good guys died, and that's good enough for me.

Vegetto
03-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Just beat Heavy Rain, not bad really.

Escaflowne2001
03-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Beat God Of War 3, excellent game... bad ending. The final battle was fine but the ending was poor. Hopefully they'll release the rest of the ending later that was apprantly cut but they were thinking about releasing.

eastx
03-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Beat Crackdown at last. I started it last year but got sidetracked by school and such. Quite a fun game; I hope the sequel retains all the fun and freedom while also tightening everything up.

I've been playing Star Trek Online regularly so I'm not making tons of progress in other games, but I'm still having fun.

PharaonicJester
03-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I beat Deadly Premonition a couple days ago and went back for the trading cards achievement. Just need 2 difficulty achieves for the 1k.

Besides that I've been playing WoW off and on with a friend, so the only other games I've finished this year were Oblivion with 1k and a couple of short XBL Indie Games, Clover and Office DisOrders.

murray
03-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Really!? Spoiler Tags?:slap::too mad:

--fixed
--Joe

Sorry :(

SpaceManSpiff
03-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Sorry :(

It's ok, I just walked down the street to the local Total Recall/Starbucks shop and had my mind erased.

progmetal
03-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Beat Flower. Rather short but shweet.

murray
03-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Great game.

Zack
03-22-2010, 09:39 PM
wasn't a fan of flOw, but flower is great. i hope their next game is even better.

just beat castlevania for like the 20th time. such a classic.

Joe Redifer
03-24-2010, 06:03 AM
God of War 3 - PS3.

Pretty cool! A little easier than the others, but otherwise identical. A few of the controls have been slightly broken due to inexperienced programmers.

darren
03-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Metro 2033 : 360 : 340/1000 achievements

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P6pAvMqQm3k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P6pAvMqQm3k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Positives:
Great post apocalyptic atmosphere. The outside world is dull, bleak and cold with an eerie feel, and the subway stages are dark, damp and drab, with a sense of dread about whats around the next corner.
Interesting story with a good script. So often FPS game have lame stories. With this being based on a book it has a solid and interesting story.
The game has great visuals, some of the best Ive seen on the 360. Great detail for all of the areas and some very nice character models
Its all about the single player, which is great for me as Im not a great online shooter fan
its harder than your average shooter, much harder

Negatives:
The gun play is not a great as it could be. Ive often stood in front of someone and shot him in the face only to see the shot had not registered.
Some of the voice acting is a bit naff, which is a shame with a story driven game.
Some very poorly laid out level map (Black Station being the worst).
The action indicator when you are next to where you might need to plant bomb is a VERY light small yellow icon which can be easily missed when walking by.

Seraph
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
I beat FF13 last night. Now to go back and get all those trophies.

NES4EVER
03-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Uncharted 2 (PS3)

Games beaten co-op with my kid
Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS3)
Bakugan (PS3)
New Super Mario Bros. (Wii)
Star Wars Clone Wars (PS3)
Lego Indiana 2 (PS3)

Escaflowne2001
03-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Beat Dragon Age: The Awakening, honestly even though it was pretty much more of the same I think I actually enjoyed it more then the original part.

SpaceManSpiff
03-30-2010, 06:02 AM
Beat God of War 3 on normal. A bit disappointing, but still a good game. I liked the first two more. Oh well, on to Heavy Rain, even though Murray probably ruined it for me.:rolleyes:

murray
03-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Sorry, again, but Quantic Dreams ruined it way before I did.

Zachalmighty
03-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Beat Dragon Age: The Awakening, honestly even though it was pretty much more of the same I think I actually enjoyed it more then the original part.

Anders was me favorite character.

SpaceManSpiff
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Sorry, again, but Quantic Dreams ruined it way before I did.

Before I take your advice about a game, I remember to take into account that Mass Effect 2 ruined every other game for you.:P

murray
03-30-2010, 04:37 PM
That is still true.

Soba
03-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Braid - 3/31

Despite how short this game is, I had been playing it off and on for a while. I decided to finally finish it up tonight.

Also, I hate how my post is on page 6. I have to go searching for it every time. Why must you all be so chatty in this thread! :wink:

Havoc2049
04-01-2010, 01:22 PM
5. Mass Effect 2 (X360) - March 31st - Normal

I'm with Spaceman on this one. While I really enjoyed Mass Effect 2, I enjoyed Mass Effect a little more.

Nem
04-01-2010, 02:14 PM
This year i've beaten:

Ace Attourney Apollo Justice (DS)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)

tackling Xenosaga 3 atm.

Joe Redifer
04-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Super Monkey Ball - Game Cube Nintendo - Expert difficulty.

I really need to play through this more than once a year.

Seraph
04-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Joe you will forever be my hero for being able to beat Expert.

Joe Redifer
04-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I had a bit of trouble this time since it had been over a year since I last turned the game on. It really requires a steady hand. That in addition to me forgetting a few of my strategies didn't help, but I made it through!

Dr. Bombay
04-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Brutal legend.

Just when it feels like that game is picking up, it ends.

Drunken Savior
04-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Just beat Suikoden 2!

Northeastmonk
04-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Just beat Suikoden 2!

Good job. I think the series didn't have much of an impact as the Squaresoft titles did back when it was at Babbages so I never got around to playing it. Knowing it's reputation and price its glad to see the PSOne rpg genre is still recognized.

Drunken Savior
04-02-2010, 06:19 AM
The first two Suikoden games didn't have the 'Hollywood' look that the Final Fantasy games at the same time did. The characters are less intimate in that the games don't delve into their backgrounds through flashbacks, but mostly through dialogue. The plots are also less black and white and are more ambiguous. For example, near the end of Suikoden 2, I was kind of thinking to myself "Damn, I kind of feel like the bad guy right now..." because the antagonist was pretty much resigned to defeat at that point but I was still slaughtering my enemies...

I'm thinking of moving onto the third game, but a BIG appeal of the series to me was the sprites and those end after the second game. The third one is all 3D polygons, which don't have the same charm.

Einhander
04-02-2010, 07:46 AM
The third one is worth playing, despite the lack of sprites. And I'm not quite sure what you mean by Suiko 1 and 2's plots are more ambiguous.

Escaflowne2001
04-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Suikoden 3 is a really top-notch game though you should give it a try if you really liked the first two. It's after Suiko3 the series' begins to lose it's way to me.

Seraph
04-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Is Suiko 4 worth getting just for curiosities sake?

Is it really a bad game or just not as grand as its predecessors?

Einhander
04-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Compared to the rest it's extremely disappointing. And the random encounter rate is too high.

Nem
04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Is Suiko 4 worth getting just for curiosities sake?

Is it really a bad game or just not as grand as its predecessors?

Afraid to say its really bad. Im a really big suikoden fan and i can tell you to avoid it. The combat system is faster than suiko3 but the world is very small and the encounter rate punishing on the sea. It has a candy for real fans of suiko 1 but its the only thing i can recommend about it. The story itself wont grab you like the other games did.

The first two Suikoden games didn't have the 'Hollywood' look that the Final Fantasy games at the same time did. The characters are less intimate in that the games don't delve into their backgrounds through flashbacks, but mostly through dialogue. The plots are also less black and white and are more ambiguous. For example, near the end of Suikoden 2, I was kind of thinking to myself "Damn, I kind of feel like the bad guy right now..." because the antagonist was pretty much resigned to defeat at that point but I was still slaughtering my enemies...

I'm thinking of moving onto the third game, but a BIG appeal of the series to me was the sprites and those end after the second game. The third one is all 3D polygons, which don't have the same charm.

Drunken did you get the best ending on suiko 2? You need to collect all the stars of destiny and then refuse to fight on the final dual. You will get the best ending then. No need to feel like the bad guy... but more like one that respected the bad guy's wishes until u needed to.

And definitly if you beat the first 2 you need to beat 3. Its gonna feel personal though the battle system can be a snore fest. :)

Drunken Savior
04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Drunken did you get the best ending on suiko 2? You need to collect all the stars of destiny and then refuse to fight on the final dual. You will get the best ending then. No need to feel like the bad guy... but more like one that respected the bad guy's wishes until u needed to.

Yeah, I got all 108. But I had to use a guide to tell me when and where to get them since some of them are time based. When I said "I felt like the bad guy" I was talking about that scene where Jowy says goodbye to Jillia and Pilikia at the end while I'm storming through his castle slaughtering everything (because I was also so damn powerful, I had double-slash and beat with Walken (my hero) and he was dealing 500-900 damage per turn. Clive's tech was so high he would sometimes just destroy everyone with his rifle.). I mean, he was all but defeated and somewhat resigned to his fate. Not really the stereotypical bad guy at the end.

eastx
04-03-2010, 04:18 AM
I finally beat Borderlands on Xbox 360. I already beat the PC version in January, so it was no big rush. There are few games I enjoy enough to play through multiple times, but Borderlands is super fun.

flamingspiral
04-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Recently beat Resident Evil 5 with my brother. The multiplayer aspect was done really well.

Risky
04-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Recently beat Resident Evil 5 with my brother. The multiplayer aspect was done really well.

I liked how they built up the buddy system, where you become reliant on your partner. They should've dropped a bomb towards the end of the game and force you to split up for a level or two. That would have been TERRRIFYING.

Also, I just got platinum trophies for God of War II & III and Assassin's Creed II. GOWIII's Titan (hard) mode wasn't very challenging, more annoying than anything, a lot of glitching out off of platforms and cheap deaths. The only trophy I need for part II was to finish completing the Challenge mode, a lot of yelling at the tv screen. I picked up ACII at Best Buy for $30, well worth the price, awesome game. The ending was a little trippy though.

Nem
04-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I got all 108. But I had to use a guide to tell me when and where to get them since some of them are time based. When I said "I felt like the bad guy" I was talking about that scene where Jowy says goodbye to Jillia and Pilikia at the end while I'm storming through his castle slaughtering everything (because I was also so damn powerful, I had double-slash and beat with Walken (my hero) and he was dealing 500-900 damage per turn. Clive's tech was so high he would sometimes just destroy everyone with his rifle.). I mean, he was all but defeated and somewhat resigned to his fate. Not really the stereotypical bad guy at the end.

Yeah. you usually reach the final castle pretty overpowered if you do the side quests and bother to customize your characters.

Anyways...

Today i finally beat

Xenosaga Ep 3 (PS2)
(replay) Streets of Rage 2 (MD game played on DS emulator)

Its funny that it took Monolith 3 games to get Xenosaga right. I also can tell what they are doing with the new Xenoblade now. Its most probably a prequal to Xenosaga.

darren
04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Wii:: Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvXKZT80wCc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JvXKZT80wCc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Positives:
Really nice story with interesting character.
Detailed, and varied environments to explore Emotionally absorbing story and atmospheric and beautiful audio, visuals and cinematic.
Xseed has included both the original Japanese dub and a new English re-dub.
Best in game torch
Nice use of wiimote built in speaker
Numerous save points, which is needed to mange the dated inventory system

Negatives:
PSX Resident evil inventory system which can only be managed at save pointed can become a chore
combat is very basic, and needs a lock on

Overall:
play time to complete was 12 hours

I really enjoyed this game. It doesn't have the grand multi million $$ production of say's the FF13 of this world. But what is does have over FF13 by the bucket load is charm, interesting characters and an intriguing story. I just hope they follow this up with a sequal. If you have a wii and want a JRPG with charm go get this title.

Escaflowne2001
04-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Considering it literally sold about 5 copies even if there was a sequel we'd never get it. It only managed No.27 in the Wii chart. A real shame because it looks really interesting.

Guwange

How was it, when they release it on XBox Arcade I hope it sees a NA/EU release aswell the game looks fun and strange.

darren
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
it is really interesting . in fact enjoyed so much after ME2 its my 2nd fav game of the year thus far.

as for it not selling .. well stores don't actually help now a days ., i went to every store in Ipswich the day it came out, not one had it in stock, not one had had it in stock, and not one store attendant had even heard of it .. totally pathetic really .. its a real shame the games full of charm and character, and will be sadly missd by a lot of people.

Seraph
04-05-2010, 02:10 PM
I really want to get it. I'm not sure if we will get it soon or wait till it's bargain bin.

Glad to hear its a good game though.

murray
04-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Just done Dark Sector which I picked up for 3, not a bad game.

Alucard
04-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Final Fantasy 13. Worst fucking game ever. I'm swearing off the series officially.

SpaceManSpiff
04-05-2010, 10:13 PM
WTF!? You said you were enjoying it! What happened?:confused:

Sinful Sam
04-05-2010, 10:22 PM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6154/trapv.jpg

Seraph
04-06-2010, 07:12 AM
I was in a platforming mood yesterday or something.

I first beat New Super Mario Bros Wii all the way through without any warps. With the recent disaster that is Sonic 4, NSMB Wii just drove the point home that unlike Sega, Nintendo still understands what makes Mario so fun.

So then after beating NSMB Wii I beat Castlevania Rondo of Blood with Maria. Best classic Castlevania I've ever played. It rivals SotN in music. I especially loved the cheezy 80's anime cut scenes.

Nem
04-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Sonic Rush (DS)
New Super mario Bros (DS)

I think i've had my fill with these types of games. It was a chore to finish them. I just dont find it fun to play games where the developers are just trying to constantly find unfair ways to kill you instead of making the games relaxing and fun. I felt like i was robbed of my time playing those. Its not what it used to be. :(

Soba
04-06-2010, 06:59 PM
I agree with that in regards to Sonic Rush, but I personally thought that New Super Mario Bros DS was really easy.

SpaceManSpiff
04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Just beat Heavy Rain. Thought it was so-so. I'm not gonna bother doing scenes again to get different results.

Nem
04-07-2010, 07:50 PM
I agree with that in regards to Sonic Rush, but I personally thought that New Super Mario Bros DS was really easy.

Maybe Sonic burned me out so much that i couldnt enjoy Mario. But it comes to mind that level towards the end with the green snake you must keep up with and the spikeballs getting thrown at you. It was a bit too desperate to kill the player than to actually make something fun.

spider-prime
04-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Final Fantasy 13. Worst fucking game ever. I'm swearing off the series officially.

you just started doing that? I've been doing that ever since I played FF7. I didn't even bother playing FF8 and I rented FF9 and I was just BORING SNORE DEAD! and didn't play it anymore.

I almost fell for the hype with FF13 but luckily I remember I'm not fucking stupid!

Paper exe
04-08-2010, 03:43 AM
hahaha you take pride in that you know your just being stubborn. You did manage to make it awesome sounding so I guess you win both ways.

I was in a platforming mood yesterday or something.

I first beat New Super Mario Bros Wii all the way through without any warps. With the recent disaster that is Sonic 4, NSMB Wii just drove the point home that unlike Sega, Nintendo still understands what makes Mario so fun.

So then after beating NSMB Wii I beat Castlevania Rondo of Blood with Maria. Best classic Castlevania I've ever played. It rivals SotN in music. I especially loved the cheezy 80's anime cut scenes.
Be warned I am responding in regarde of the spoiler content.

I am surprised that you acknowledged that a "secret or hidden characters" are supposed to be keept secert from players. A first in the fourms even. Disclosing that pit of an information is a major spoiler, Gameplay wise. It is not about story must games don't have that. It is more about the game, we are not watching a movie here we are playing a video game thus video game rules apply. Good heavens it irritates me to see people who cannot tell the difference. Comparing movies to video game is alone a huge offense to video games. With that said these people wouldn't take common sense for an answer. Just look how worked out I got, I blame those people for my retardness.

Now enough with the introduction. You earned lot of appeal, and respect for hidden that piece of information. I feel a bit safer now. Thank you.

Seraph
04-08-2010, 07:38 AM
I don't deserve your praise Paper. The only reason I spoilered that was because I was ashamed it was the only way I could beat it since Maria is like easy mode :( I can't beat Death with Richter

CongoJack
04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Use the Axe!

Havoc2049
04-10-2010, 04:40 PM
6. Phantasy Star Universe: Episode 2 (X360) - Difficulty C - Apr. 10

Finished the offline PSU single player Ep. 1 campain when PSU first came out. Felt like getting back into PSU and finish the online single player PSU Ep. 2. Now I'll move on to Ep. 3: Ambition of the Illuminous, which is also online only single player campaign. I've also been playing a bunch of PSU multiplayer missions as well. Good times!

darren
04-10-2010, 05:30 PM
i'd had noticed you playing a LOT of PSU just recently mate ..

Havoc2049
04-10-2010, 09:09 PM
i'd had noticed you playing a LOT of PSU just recently mate ..

I think an unhealthy amount of PSU would better describe how much I've been playing lately. :P

eastx
04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I finally completed all Steam Achievements for Plants VS. Zombies today. It only took 62 hours! It was the most fun I've had with a game in ages. I'll probably do it all over again when it comes to XBLA too.

Seraph
04-12-2010, 07:09 AM
I beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on Saturday (04/10/10). Best Mario RPG I've ever played.

Then I beat Cave Story on Wii yesterday the Normal way. I tried for the best ending but Hell kicked my butt. I must have tried over 100 times over the course of 2 hours. I ended up just watching the best ending on youtube.

Escaflowne2001
04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Finally completed Ninja Gaiden Sigma not the most fun I've had while playing a game to be honest.

murray
04-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on Saturday (04/10/10). Best Mario RPG I've ever played.

Agreed, LOVE that game.

darren
04-14-2010, 11:02 AM
XBOX360 : Mass Effect 2 DLC Kasumi - Stolen Memory
XBOX360 : Mass Effect 2 DLC Firewalker Pack

Paper exe
04-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I beat Monster Hunter Portable 2 and Pokemon HeartGold but refuse to count them. I must clear them 100% first! Games not over in my book. Also I am in the final stage in Crono Trigger. First time playing the game. Game way too awesome. Also refuse to beat it until I complete all the side quests...that if they are side quests. lol

Seraph
04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
I beat Monster Hunter Portable 2to what extent?

Paper exe
04-14-2010, 01:14 PM
You see all the signal player, gathering hall and training missions in the original second portable. All cleared expect for some hidden once I failed to unlock. Now I reached the additional G content. Yeah a long way to go left. Unless I clear all G rank missions one by one I am not counting it as a beaten game, especially since I am playing the G version and not the original.

Don't worry I'll play you in monster hunter 3 on some missions to help you collect monster pieces, because we are best buddies. I'll play both games in the same time, no problem.

SpaceManSpiff
04-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Beat Wolfenstein for 360. Pretty fun classic fps.

murray
04-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Finished Ghostbusters on 360, it started really well but the final third of the game let it down.

NES4EVER
04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Finished Ghostbusters on 360, it started really well but the final third of the game let it down.

I agree with you there.. Game ended with a poof instead of a bang. Once the game shifted to the "other dimension" it went to crap imo.

Overall it was still an enjoyable game. I actually bought the Wii version because I liked the PS3/360 one so much.

Risky
04-18-2010, 04:09 AM
Finally got all gold medals for all events in Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. Just about had a brain aneurysm from doing it too!

Alucard
04-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Jesus someone actually plays that game.

Risky
04-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Jesus someone actually plays that game.

One of my personal favorite PS3 exclusives. Uniquely Playstation!

Alucard
04-18-2010, 04:44 AM
Uniquely something alright lololol

progmetal
04-18-2010, 04:54 AM
Yeah it's better than the first Motorstorm in every way, but i dislike how hard it is because of the 'rubberbanding'.

Risky
04-18-2010, 05:12 AM
Yeah it's better than the first Motorstorm in every way, but i dislike how hard it is because of the 'rubberbanding'.

Definitely a pain in the ass. I had to cheat on the last race and with a little luck (AI crashed into a pole), I won!

Badrats Studio
04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Just finished Super Robot Taisen OG Saga : Endless Frontier for NDS. This is the hardest fanservice game I ever had. Too bad there's no real depth in this game. But you must appreciate "Suzuka Trance" in it because it saved me countless of time ! lol Anyway, 20+ hours of gameplay ain't that bad. Like I said, it's a fan service game. With A LOTS of fan service elements. They should use other title to sell this game, though. "Super Robot" doesn't match.

Now...must...continue...playing..that...goddamn... Yakuza...Three...

Joe Redifer
04-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Man, I haven't played, let alone beaten any games in about a month. I need to find something tp play.

Zachalmighty
04-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Just beat Just Cause 2 and SMT: Strange Journey

Vegetto
04-20-2010, 07:41 PM
i've played like 20+ hours of Just cause 2 and I havent even touched the story yet.

Joe Redifer
04-24-2010, 04:24 AM
After Burner Climax - PS3 version - 100% trophies.

Escaflowne2001
04-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Finished Lord Of The Rings: Conquest hmm... 8 levels with the light side and then you get to play 7 levels with the bad guys.

The second set of levels are better then the goodside missions pushing frodo into the middle of a volcano is always a plus and slaughting everything you can find in the shire etc.

but overall yeah pretty crap.

Mistatee
04-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Just finished Sakura Taisen: So Long My Love.
Maybe i got the good ending (if that exists) but there was definitely no "So Longs".

Also, the game lasted about 16 hours.

Vicviper
04-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony PSP. Very good. A bit longer then I like a RPG but still great fun. Just a tad over 42 hours.

eastx
04-25-2010, 02:38 AM

But I thought you hated Trophies! :O

Alucard
04-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Dont underestimate the sega whores. Even a bad game they will enjoy, let alone meaningless trophies to prove their 8bit love status!

darren
04-25-2010, 05:30 AM

its cool to hate .. but really he loves them .. mind you if Joe did love them he wouldn't have been play Bayonetta on very easy ... now i'm confused

Alucard
04-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Sega old school game. Its blatantly obvious.

murray
04-25-2010, 11:58 AM

Me too, 200/200 achievements, love the game.

Joe Redifer
04-25-2010, 01:31 PM

I don't hate them, but it is almost impossible not to get every trophy/achievement in this game.

progmetal
04-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah some games you just get all trophies no matter if you want it or not.

Escaflowne2001
04-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Army Of Men: The 40th Day (XB360) pretty good while I enjoyed the first one. This sequel is a nice improvement over the original there are some really nice set pieces going on throughout the game and there's never a dull moment.

Of course it's best when played in co-op.

Dr. Bombay
04-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Persona 4.

At least.

67 hours.

All of it good.

I had to stop myself from starting up a new game once the credits were done rolling.,

NES4EVER
04-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Finished FFXIII today. Not sure if I'll do all the missions or not since I'm tired of this game at this point. 65 hours already invested in it and have better AAA titles waiting to be played.

Soba
04-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - 4/28

I enjoyed it overall, but the end of the game just dragged and dragged and draaaaaagged.

Joe Redifer
04-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Doesn't it, though?

BlindMaphisto
04-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I beat Crysis. Fun game and beautiful. Might be the first pc game I ever beat.

Badrats Studio
05-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Just finished Suikoden Tierkreis in NDS. Only missed that damn "Chisei Star" ; overall this game is fun. Of course it's not in the same caliber as , let's say, Suikoden 1 or II but it's enjoyable.

The storyline ain't that deep, the voice acting is HORRIBLE (especially the main character), the game mechanic is shallow. In the positive side, beautiful music score (it's Suikoden after all), nice little cut-scene, and continuing the tradition of 108-star search from previous games.

Roll in Suikoden VI , Konami. I'm damn ready.

Zack
05-01-2010, 11:11 AM
I beat Crysis. Fun game and beautiful. Might be the first pc game I ever beat.

crysis is literally the only reason to own a pc.

Alucard
05-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Maybe if all you like is fps games. But then I'd probably say STALKER would be it. Crysis for graphics only.

Joe Redifer
05-01-2010, 02:16 PM
crysis is literally the only reason to own a pc.

What about the internets? And, you know, other applications?

Zack
05-01-2010, 06:06 PM
ipad

Maybe if all you like is fps games. But then I'd probably say STALKER would be it. Crysis for graphics only.

stalkers no good. graphics suck.

BlindMaphisto
05-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm waiting for Stalker to hit a deal on Steam or I might just grab it from Amazon. Started on The Witcher now. Definitely more complicated than Oblivion.

Also finished Crysis: Warhead. Kinda same-y but not bad.

Havoc2049
05-01-2010, 10:30 PM
6. Phantasy Star Universe: Episode 2 (X360) - Difficulty C - Apr. 10th
7. Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) - Both single (realistic) and co-op (normal) storylines. - Apr. 27th

Alucard
05-01-2010, 11:09 PM
ipad

stalkers no good. graphics suck.

You serious?

http://www.firingsquad.com/media/galleries/stalkerclearsky/02.jpg

http://www.digitalbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/stalker-clear-sky.jpg

https://www.zest.co.th/picture/clearsky_pc/15.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8113/cs1sn7.jpg

http://www.winline.ru/img/2008/2/stalker-clear-sky-4.jpg

http://metavideogame.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/1.jpg

The game is more Fallout then the current shit Fallout could ever wish to be.

Drunken Savior
05-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Hotlinking bastard!

SpaceManSpiff
05-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Just beat White Knight Chronicles. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I haven't played a jrpg in a while though. I didn't bother with any of the georama stuff or online play, didn't need too since the game is pretty easy. The cliff hanger ending is absolutely horrible. Total time was 24hrs 42min.

eastx
05-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Zack, you are saying some dumb things on this page. I mean, it's not everyday Alucard actually proves somebody wrong.

Zack
05-02-2010, 03:42 AM
You serious?
http://metavideogame.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/1.jpg

why are you posting pics of MAG?

SpaceManSpiff
05-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Beat AvP, two short sit throughs, pretty short game. I'm enjoying the multiplayer so far, but matchmaking sucks.

Alucard
05-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Entire game, every single bit of it, is shit.

eastx
05-02-2010, 10:38 PM
So you beat it too Alucard?

Alucard
05-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Played it for 1 hour. I dont need any more then that to tell me its a poor game, and I was totally looking forward to it since I loved the first 2 games. Also my opinion doesnt change that alot of people think the same way. Its a poor game. Horribly butchered when compared to the previous ones.

Escaflowne2001
05-03-2010, 12:02 AM
I told you it was gonna be crap. Rebellion are a terrible developer, nowadays anyway.

Alucard
05-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Whatever made them good before vanished long ago. They must of totally replaced their entire staff since the last AvP game.

darren
05-03-2010, 02:41 AM
LOL .. this is awesome .. and about as objective as you get .. not saying its a great gme .. its not .. but FFS dude, you don't know every single bit is shit.. you know the first hour is shit ..

Entire game, every single bit of it, is shit.

Played it for 1 hour.

eastx
05-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Yes, I caught him on that too. Alucard says many silly things.

Escaflowne2001
05-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Well the first hour of a game is the part that is supposed to grab you straight away and want to make you keep playing. Why take things so literally.

Alucard
05-03-2010, 05:03 AM
What escaflowne said. Plus are you both going to sit there and tell me that the gameplay changes after the first hour? Seriously? Because thats the part thats pure shit. The gameplay, the mechanics. I dont think I need to complete an entire fucking game to know the gameplay is shit. Maybe you're happy about a stage later on in the game, a stage that consists of 15min worth of game time in the entire 4hour campaign, but thats your thing. If a game feels crap from the beginning, and I can list a long arms length of reasons why the gameplay is crap, I'm not fucking playing that game longer than I need to. So take your prissy opinions and do something special with them.

Gameplay = shit.

darren
05-03-2010, 05:23 AM
depends on what of the three charcter classes you played the game as mate for those 60mins .. three different types of gameplay .. some are more shit than others .. but not all as shit as you make out tbh mate ..

not a great game but a shit as it gets from start to finish? no .. kinda enjoyed the predator sections .. the rest were just dull .. it didn't play bad.. just boring with some great audio .. but the audio was always going to be good based on the samples they had to pay around with.

ohh and its a lot longer than 4 hours .. . well 3 hours longer.. i guess that quite a % tho

online was fucking dog shit tho ..

Alucard
05-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I only played with the marine and alien. Never cared too much for the predator. They're just too overpowered. The alien being my favourite of the 3 was the one that was butchered the most. So I raged an unmitigated amount over that. First time I played it I tried hard, used my fanboyness of the first two titles and the Aliens movies to try and get used to the new style before I raged and walked off. 4 days later I went back to it thinking maybe I wasnt in the right state of mind. Again the same problems slapped me in the face. The entire character was broken and raped beyond compare. Uninstalled it there and then.

AvP was one of the very few games to make me shit myself. But this game? My 8 year old self wouldnt of found that game scary. Its a hollow lifeless mess.

Vegetto
05-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Beat God of War 3, not bad but now I remember why I didn't care for the first game (never played 2), the combat is way too mindless and gets really annoying after a while. Not to mention I absolutely loathe the main character which kinda makes it hard to play (COUGH BAYONETTA TOO COUGH).

Nothing like Ninja gaiden (<3<3<3) where you have to pay attention at all times and actually use tactics to win.

beh.. 7/10

Dj Jimmi Zero
05-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I agree with you on the whole not liking Kratos and Bayonetta, but only in a sense that I can't take either of the two seriously when there is story to be progressed. As for Ryu, I never cared for the Itagaki incarnation as much as the NES Ryu. I'd say God of War III is still fun but it's definitely a more serious game than Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden which obviously are more of a score attack type of game. Oh and obliteration techniques definitely make the game a lot easier no matter the difficulty and it's much easier to sever limbs on the 360 version of NG2.

Escaflowne2001
05-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Nothing like Ninja gaiden (<3<3<3) where you have to pay attention at all times and actually use tactics to win.

While God Of War is pretty mindless you won't get very far just hammering the buttons in Bayonetta I don't think.

Vegetto
05-04-2010, 01:57 AM
Oh I wasn't bashing Bayonettas combat at all, top notch combat. I just couldn't get into it because of the pea headed hoe main character

Alucard
05-04-2010, 02:00 AM
You can all go to hell. Kratos owns and the gameplay is not mindless. If I was to compare both the games together, I had to alternate between combos and attacks in GOW to beat it, yet I got through about 70% of bayonetta by just hammering 1 button.

Vegetto
05-04-2010, 02:04 AM
Don't play the one button mode then!

Drunken Savior
05-04-2010, 02:20 AM
(rimshot on his drum kit)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/the_ds/drum_1.jpg

Havoc2049
05-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Whatever made them good before vanished long ago. They must of totally replaced their entire staff since the last AvP game.

I was just recently reading some stories about the days of the old Rebellion when they were developing AVP and it sounds like they were crap then as well and the publishers had to clean up their shoddy work. I guess Sega just didn't have it in them to cover Rebellion's arse this time around.

Alucard
05-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Who knows what made the first 2 games good. But I can tell you there was no stupid press button to jump onto wall somewhere where the game lets you jump onto it and then you walk all over the whole fucking circumference of a BOX thats on the floor. Fucking stupid game. What was so wrong with the method before? Hold crouch and you walk on ANYTHING YOU WANT! Not what the game allows you! Fuck you rebellion.

Don't play the one button mode then!

If you want me to stick that crap game on hard difficulty just so I'm forced to use more then 1 button, then I demand you do it for GOW as well.

SpaceManSpiff
05-04-2010, 08:30 AM
I beat Bayonetta on normal, mashing Y most of the time. And don't give me that "Playing it on hard is how the game is meant to be played" Bullshit. Not that it was an easy game though.

Escaflowne2001
05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
I beat it on Normal and died alot. I didn't do anywhere near as much mashing as God Of War 3.

Alucard
05-04-2010, 09:02 AM
I rarely died on normal. Its not that difficult a game.

Vegetto
05-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I literally meant Bayonetta has a one button mode, seriously. you press one button and she does everything.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60180

Joe Redifer
05-04-2010, 04:16 PM
While God Of War is pretty mindless you won't get very far just hammering the buttons in Bayonetta I don't think.
Yeah you will. But occasionally you may have to press another button.

SpaceManSpiff
05-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I rarely died on normal. Its not that difficult a game.

I died a decent amount. I guess "hard" is relative. When compared to most games today it can be considered a harder than average game.

Dj Jimmi Zero
05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Just finished No More Heroes 2, it had some subtle changes from the first that were welcome, but it didn't have the meat and potatoes of a real action game, and it just wasn't fun.

SpaceManSpiff
05-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Just beat ZenoClash. This game is easy and pretty boring. Can be beat in under 5 hours.

Dj Jimmi Zero
05-09-2010, 02:43 AM
I finally finished Final Fantasy XIII, it was interesting, it had it's bad spots especially the ending and some of the beginning character development. I can say that I like it enough to finish the side quests now.

eastx
05-09-2010, 03:31 AM
Just got the final Achievement in Fortix (a nice Qix clone on Steam). Man was it tough.

Vicviper
05-09-2010, 07:27 AM
God of War: Chains of Olympus PSP. Short but sweeeeeeeeeeeeettt!!!!

Vegetto
05-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans. Epic EPIC game for fans, finally done right.

Escaflowne2001
05-11-2010, 12:45 PM
I should finish Growlanser V tomorrow I've really enjoyed playing this game. Rarely have I seen such a detailed and interesting story in a game.

I enjoyed GL2 and 3 but not being a fan of SRPG's it was a struggle at times. So Growlanser V's swing to a more action based battle system was a great addition for me.

Can't wait to see the game is going to end it's a real shame Atlus never brought over the Growlanser VI as it's a direct sequel. Still I'm still hoping GL1 remake on the PSP will make it over.

SpaceManSpiff
05-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Beat Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty. Now I can finally get around to playing A Crack in Time.

Escaflowne2001
05-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Finished growlanser V, 3 weeks without completing a game that doesn't happen very often.

Vegetto
05-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Beat Mass Effect 2.

I had a better time with the first one.

Havoc2049
05-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Beat Mass Effect 2.

I had a better time with the first one.

The more time I have to reflect on Mass Effect 2, the more I like the original over the sequel. I play Phantasy Star Universe with a guy who is a hardcore RPG'er and if you get him going, he rages against ME2 like there is no tomorrow. :lol:
He calls ME2 a shitty version of Gears of War with crappy RPG mechanics.

Alucard
05-15-2010, 01:44 AM
ME was never an rpg so he really shouldnt complain. It had rpg elements. Thats all. still a third person shooter.

murray
05-15-2010, 06:34 AM
What a load of bollocks.

Alucard
05-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Whats bollocks

Escaflowne2001
05-15-2010, 07:23 AM
It's true really Mass Effect is more third person shooter then RPG but it doesn't really matter. It's a combination of the two.

Alucard
05-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Its a combination sure, but the rpg elements in it arent that important. If you played with them a lot then good for you. But if bioware, a developer who makes pretty much nothing but rpgs, decided it wasnt that important for the sequel to have the rpg elements in, it pretty much shows they were useless.

murray
05-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Its an evolution of the RPG, the role playing is done through dialogue trees and decisions you make. RPGs are evolving, just because you dont have to manage stats doesn't mean it isn't an RPG.

SpaceManSpiff
05-15-2010, 10:23 AM
FFS. Not another "It is or isn't an rpg" argument.

Alucard
05-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Its an evolution of the RPG, the role playing is done through dialogue trees and decisions you make. RPGs are evolving, just because you dont have to manage stats doesn't mean it isn't an RPG.

We've had those since the 90s. How is that an evolution. Is ME the first semi rpg you've played on a console where you could choose what to say or something.

Havoc2049
05-15-2010, 02:36 PM
^^^^
Don't answer Murray, it's a trap! :D

Good and evil dialog options that change the outcome of the game and effect how the character is percieved in the game world have been in RPG's since the 80's even.

6. Phantasy Star Universe: Episode 2 (X360) - Difficulty C - Apr. 10th
7. Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) - Both single (realistic) and co-op (normal) storylines. - Apr. 27th
8. Wolfenstein (X360) - Uber difficulty - May 14th

Finished Wolfenstein on normal when it first came out last year, but felt like making another run on the hardest setting. Wolfenstein is good, but Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a classic and a much better game.

Escaflowne2001
05-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Finished Alan Wake, excellent game though it wasn't as creepy as I hoped and could do with a few more enemy types.

darren
05-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Just finished Alan Wake .. LOVED it

murray
05-15-2010, 11:51 PM
It's 3:49am and I'm pissed out of my tree and I love you all. x x x

Roll on E3 and the World Cup.

*ROFLCOPTER*

Alucard
05-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Theres the Murray we know and love <3

Vegetto
05-16-2010, 04:08 AM
Beat GIMMICK for the NES, wasn't released in the US. it's a top quality game and I had a real blast with it, challenging and fun as heck.

heres some gameplay of it:

zYcf2yUgblc

zechin
05-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Adorable.

Badrats Studio
05-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Just finished Yakuza 3 for Playstation 3 today !

So much to say about this game ; but I won't go there.

What I am gonna say is that the graphic is great, the music is good, the game mechanic is as o.k as the previous games, and the story is just awesome for me. Need more depth, actually. But considering this game were butchered so bad by Sega USA, I consider myself lucky that I can play this game with an English sub.

Great game, Sega JPN. Please don't do this stupid way again with Yakuza 4, Sega USA. Release it without any circumcise :D

darren
05-16-2010, 01:14 PM
great graphics ? really .. one thing i recall from the demo was how average it looked.

NES4EVER
05-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Mr. Gimmick is one of my top ten fav NES games and probably the #1 favorite non-us title. Hammerin' Harry was a close second.

Vegetto
05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
yeah it's now one of my fav NES games now, I beat it with the real ending today.

Zack
05-16-2010, 10:53 PM
gimmick looks nice. i'll check it out sometime.

NES4EVER
05-16-2010, 11:31 PM
The guy in that video is wrong about the PAL version not playing in a US NES. I own the PAL cart and beat the entire game on a NTSC Top-Loader. You just can't play it in the model 1 NES.

There are only a few PAL games that won't play on a model 2 NA NES and most of them are Disney & Codemaster titles. Asterix is another one that doesn't play.

Not sure on the sound differences between the Pal & Japanese carts though since I have yet to acquire the famicom version.

Joe Redifer
05-17-2010, 01:15 AM
Does the PAL version feature the extra soundchip in the cart? I don't think an US NES's can play games that have that since Ooops, I mean that cartridge pin change was a really boneheaded, idiot move! Nintendo wisely removed the audio-in pin from the cartridge slot. Nintendo knows best! Oops, I mean that cartridge pin removal was a boneheaded, idiot move that saved them $0 and cost lots of other companies tons of $$$ because they had to recompose entire soundtracks if they wanted to bring the game over (Castlevania 3). People say Microsoft is evil. People even say Apple is evil. Nintendo is every bit as evil as both of those companies.

memory to zack
05-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Games that I completed recently:

-Heavy Rain twice and redid chapters for alternate endings.
-Valkyria Chronicles with all DLC.
-DA: O a 3rd time
-DA: O Awakening
-ME2 a 3rd time

Badrats Studio
05-17-2010, 01:01 PM
great graphics ? really .. one thing i recall from the demo was how average it looked.

Of course I was comparing it to its predecessor, darren :D It's eye candy for me because seeing Yakuza in HD is really cool to me :lol:

Although I saw it in HD in friends 23" Acer 1080p monitor (me using goddamn 20" and a TV Tuner. Too broke to buy anything fancy right now).

Dj Jimmi Zero
05-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Finished Bayonetta, really fun game, the writing in the game goes from enjoyable to terrible when things get serious. I also had a few problems with some of the level designs, QTE's and boss fights. Nothing that can't be fixed in a sequel though. I'm going to beat the game on Hard soon too.

SpaceManSpiff
05-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Beat Metro 2033 today. I have to say, I loved it. Probably one of my top 10 single player fps experiences. Even with all the technical problems and glitches. Yah, this game has alot of little problems with it's gunplay and AI that will put off some gamers. Hopefully they make a sequel and have more time and money to fix those problems. I might just go through a 2nd time to get the "good" ending.

murray
05-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Just finished Alan Wake, great atmosphere, lighting, sound and gameplay but the story wasn't great, I'm not sure I understood what the hell happened, was the whole game supposed to be a dream?

Beam
05-22-2010, 11:23 PM
star wars the force unleashed.