PDA

View Full Version : Batman/Superman: Public Enemies

Drunken Savior
09-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Tim Daly, Kevin Conroy, and Clancy Brown all reprise their roles as Superman, Batman, and Lex Luthor for the newest DC Animated film. Watching it now, seems pretty good. It's based off a 'Superman/Batman' storyline that I thought was only so-so. But then again, Superman/Batman, has always been a Superman comic primarily with Batman as a supporting character....

spider-prime
09-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Does Superman even need Batman around? Bat-shark repellent can only help so much.

Drunken Savior
09-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Sure he needs Batman around, no one would read the story without it!

Yoshi Girl
09-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm for anything Tim Daly does.

Badrats Studio
09-24-2009, 10:13 PM
By adding only Lex Luthor is confirming that Supey is the main man in that story. I like Batman more ; but he can't beat Superman's fame apparently. At least when they're tag-team.

Alucard
09-25-2009, 05:09 AM
Less Luthor, more Joker.

Beam
09-25-2009, 08:33 AM
i still haven't seen superman/doomsday, was it any good?

Alucard
09-25-2009, 08:40 AM
It was ok. Comic was still a zillion times more entertaining.

Alucard
09-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Here you go DS, thorough review of the bluray copy and some indepth info on the extras that it comes with.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Superman-Batman-Public-Enemies-Blu-ray-Review/5172/

Einhander
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Here you go DS, thorough review of the bluray copy and some indepth info on the extras that it comes with.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Superman-Batman-Public-Enemies-Blu-ray-Review/5172/

Kenny?

burpingcat
09-27-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm of the general opinion that Batman shouldn't mix with any other superhero, either in working with or against one. Superhero vs Batman is always something stupid, and Batman working with anybody just seems out of character. Yes, even Robin.

Drunken Savior
09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
^ I agree 90%. There are some good Robin stories, but Batman works better alone. Also, Batman seems more 'real' when you put him in a world where there isn't superpowers, just chemistry and technology.

CongoJack
09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Just watched this, thought it was just OK. I wasn't really a fan of the comic its based on either though, was definitely more entertaining than the doomsday one that's for sure. If they started doing these based on good comic stories it would turn out better. I'd like to see No Man's Land done like this....probably too long.

Drunken Savior
09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd like to see 'Hush' with a larger inclusion of Jason Todd. I don't know why, but Jeph Loeb illuded to, but never really touched, on the fact that Jason Todd WAS helping Hush. He left implicit clues for and explicit clues against Todd actually being alive. This wasn't revealed in the Hush storyline, but in subsequent issues later on....which is lame since a story should be self-contained. Loeb made it seem that in the Hush storyline, Hush, Riddler and Clayface were just using Todd's legacy as a weapon to weaken Batman and were never helped by Todd in the first place. But if you rewrite the story of Hush (which I am for) to include Todd explicitly, Hush is actually a pretty epic storyline and mystery.

Plus we get some Bats n Cats action and a pretty epic Joker/Bats/Gordon scene.

CongoJack
09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Hush would be a great storyline to see, only good thing loeb has written. I'd probably cry tears of blood if they could get close to mimicking Lee's ultimate comic artstyle. The Red Hood arc wouldn't be a bad one either.

shaselai
09-30-2009, 04:36 PM
so is superman the one robbing banks or batman?

Drunken Savior
09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Hush would be a great storyline to see, only good thing loeb has written. I'd probably cry tears of blood if they could get close to mimicking Lee's ultimate comic artstyle. The Red Hood arc wouldn't be a bad one either.

Woah now...Jeph Loeb wrote 'The Long Halloween' and 'Dark Victory' which are two of the best Batman stories ever! The former was pretty much the basis for the film 'The Dark Knight.'

Beam
10-01-2009, 11:12 AM
It was ok. Comic was still a zillion times more entertaining.

dl'd it yesterday, the beginning had a good battle. but fizzed out towards the end.

guess i'll check out the hellboy and green lantern movies next.

shaselai
10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
i still dont see how batman can have a decent chance against superman... superman can just fly high enough and fire laser beams all day and batman wont be able to do anything

Badrats Studio
10-01-2009, 11:40 AM
No way ! Batman can make Kryptonite batmissile and launch it straight to the man of steel stealthly.. :D

shaselai
10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
why dont superman create a kryptonite proof suit? that why he wont be affected by the radiation?

Drunken Savior
10-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Because Superman is a superdumbass.