PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Bookbagninja
05-13-2002, 03:37 PM
Note: I did do the same type of post in the PS2 forum, but once I had said epiphany below, I had to post this in it's rightful section.

Hey. I just had an epiphany. I was thinking of MvC3 and how Overlord was saying that it's very possible that it might come out for the GC. If that's the case, then it all makes sense, especially Nintendo's recent announcement of making games for the arcade. Capcom is a game maker who likes to make game for the arcade as well as the home system, despite the arcade slowly dying here and there. Plus, when Capcom was with Sega a few years back, they was able to work with them so well because Sega developed the Naomi system board which helped them make games for the arcade so much simplier. And here Nintendo announced that they are releasing the Triforce system board, which no doubt will make it easier to make conversions to home and arcade. That plus the fact that the DC and now in this case, the GC is both 2-D sprite friendly, this is the perfect platform to make their games.

Look at how fast Capcom vs. SNK 2 came out on the GC. Less than a few months after the PS2 one, WITH added features. I think it's pretty obvious that they are going to go with GC all the way on this battle front.

To me, it seems that Nintendo is basically Sega with the DC a few years back, but they're doing it right. What do you guys think about this?

Overlord
05-13-2002, 06:38 PM
Bookbagninja:
I was thinking of MvC3 and how Overlord was saying that it's very possible that it might come out for the GC.

It's already coming out for GameCube. It was on the phamplet. Right now, it's the only system it's coming to.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Sweet.

WINDJAMMERS
05-20-2002, 06:18 PM
MvsC3 isn't in development. Why? Activision still has the Marvel gaming rights. Capcom can't legally make another Marvel VS. Capcom for another year or so.

Do you want to know what's up with that phamplet? From what I here the thing is a typo. It should read : Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO.

I wouldn't put any money on seeing MvsC3 anytime soon.

Overlord
05-20-2002, 06:38 PM
WINDJAMMERS:
MvsC3 isn't in development. Why? Activision still has the Marvel gaming rights. Capcom can't legally make another Marvel VS. Capcom for another year or so.

Not true. Capcom can always just borrow the characters. With money of course. And if you read my New Gamecube Games Leaked (http://mb.vgdirectory.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=214) thread, you'll see that this is almost semi-officially announced already.

IHZer0
05-20-2002, 06:50 PM
Yeah, they'd have to pay licensing fees, which I doubt Capcom would do.

And from what I remember, the only added feature to the CvsS2 for GC is the GC and AC modes (AC being regular, and GC being the reason why it has the sub-title EO: Easy Operation)

Bookbagninja
05-21-2002, 01:54 AM
Yeah, licensing fees which they can easily afford. And if that is the case that the license will be up for bid in a year, they can still make the game NOW and then by time they aquire the license, they can publish it. Still sounds good. Plus, I doubt it was a typo. CvS2 is old news.

IHZer0
05-21-2002, 10:52 AM
Now this is confusing on the whole licensing fees thing....
Marvel VS Capcom 2 is coming to PS2 and X-Box, according to GameSpot.

typexig
05-21-2002, 01:17 PM
i think capcom should make X-men vs Justice League..hehe..=)

-Xig-

ATMA
05-21-2002, 04:08 PM
I'm alittle confuse
MvC3 will be out on the cube right ??
and MvC2 will be out on the ps2 and x-box right ??
Why would they still bring out MvC2 out on the ps2 and x-box if they are devolping number 3 why not bring number 3 for all consoles like Soul Calibur

WINDJAMMERS
05-21-2002, 05:49 PM
AMTA- You have a right to be confused with all these people shooting unverified info at you, but I'll try to do something to clarify what's going on. What you said makes 100% sense.

Activision has a contract with Marvel. This contract give Activision the rights to all their characters to put in whatever videogame they choose.

While the contract is valid it is ILLEGAL for CAPCOM to develop and sell new games with Marvel characters. Porting obviously doesn't counting because of what CAPCOM is doing to milk MvsC2 popularity.

Overload-As for your "sources", one is a defunct magazine that's from EUROPE. The other is a phamplet with a typo on it. Have seen the actual phamplet or the actual article that said these thing? Come back when you have them. Until then everyone assume that it is not coming out until we have some solid proof here.

Shining Force
05-21-2002, 07:04 PM
So you're saying that not only is the 'Marvel' part a typo, but the '3' is too?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but someone must have made a pretty big mistake to make those... uhh... mistakes.

Bookbagninja
05-21-2002, 11:19 PM
Defunct, eh? A magazing that's giving out new info is defunct? Well, I'm not doubting you, fellow doubter. Though Overlord has NEVER, since I've been a member here, given out wrong info. In fact, he's always 220% right. But, hey. We'll see what happens in the end, eh?

ATMA
05-22-2002, 01:46 PM
Okay so no MvC3 for now ..well lets all wait and see !!Knowing Capom i'm sure they will try and make a new MvC title that's for sure ..but lets all wait for that solid proof !!!

and now what's TYPO ?? and what's PHAMPLET??
(sorry this is the only site i post on and also the first one so i don't know what you guys means with those words?)

WINDJAMMERS
05-22-2002, 04:27 PM
the typo was:

MvsC3

instead of:

CvsS2EO

I said it was defunct because if you ever seen a EURO mag they alway get info way later than anyone else. How could it be that they would know something before the Japanese?

The truth is I really want another Marvel vs. Capcom. I would be delighted to find out these rumor were true. But the fact is no matter how many "tipoffs" we have, we can't assume that the game is underway until there is an offical announcement.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Um no. Europe usually gets games later/last, info on said games has nothing to do with it.

All I know is MvsC2 is coming to Xbox and PS2.

GC is getting CvsSNK2

Activision holds Marvel license.

I thought I'd heard/read somewhere that MvsC3 was coming to the cube, tho. Eh, might be a rumor, whose to know?

WINDJAMMERS
05-22-2002, 07:53 PM
I didn't want to have to get into this but, I might as well explain while I'm here.

Magazines (and other major gaming news sources) get there info and demos straight from the developer. Japanese news (Famitsu, etc.) get info/demo first from Japanese games because they are the closest to the developer. That same info/demo will take another month to get to the US and another week for Europe. Why? Localization. Translation. Research and Communication.

Euro mags are probably are all over developers like Ubisoft and other European based developers, but it takes them a while to get other info.

The question I prompted was: Why would a European magazine know something before the Japanese media?

Would you like to actually answer the question Icarus?

Bookbagninja
05-22-2002, 08:06 PM
YOu confused me a bit by using that word, "defunct". It seems you didn't use it right, thus why I was a bit confused.

That's a good question about Euro mags, and I'm not really sure how to answer that. It still seems feasiable that they would develop the game so that by time the contract is up for grabs, they can stuff the game out right away. But, who knows. And hey, isn't it also possible Capcom could just have Activison publish the game? Eh?

ATMA
05-22-2002, 08:15 PM
Euro magazines sucks big time !!They walk as slow as PAL version (i think they have to )..
but Euro internet sites are as fast as any other
But back onto the subject !!
LETS ALL WAIT AND SEE !!!!
no need to discuss this since we haven't seen a pic or anything why discuss if there's no proof !!
let's all be patient ..OKAY ???..:D
*rainbows in the background*

Kid0_oIcarus
05-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by WINDJAMMERS

The question I prompted was: Why would a European magazine know something before the Japanese media?

Would you like to actually answer the question Icarus?

I most certainly would, thanks for asking.

Your argument brings up very valid points. I'll give you that- unless they're European based developers, or publishers, European magazines will usually receive press releases and the like after sources abroad have received word from their home developers. It makes perfect sense.

But when you're searching for news, and not just reporting it as it happens- you're liable to place a few calls,make a few contacts, and in that whole investigative process- you may uncover something before others.

That's all I'm saying.

If they're only reporting the news as it happens, then yes, with exceptions, they're likely to report it last. Unless- they take the initiative, go on the hunt, and uncover the news before others. They might be at a disadvantage in the playing field when it come to this, but sometimes the little guys win.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

WINDJAMMERS
05-23-2002, 02:17 PM
Yeah I understand. Activision publishing the game would be possible, but Capcom usually publishes their own games.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Activision could publish Capcom's games, but that wouldn't make much sense since Capcom can publish their own.

Although it would be the only way at the moment for MvsC3 to come out.

Eh. Stranger things have happened.

Bookbagninja
05-23-2002, 05:56 PM
Yeah WINDJAMMER, I know. I was stretching it there. I doubt that Capcom would allow someone else to publish their own games, but hey, Nintendo gave Capcom the Zelda games on the GB to publish, so, yeah like Kid0_oIcarus said, stranger things have happened.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I did say that, didn't I?

Pikachu
06-05-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Bookbagninja
Yeah WINDJAMMER, I know. I was stretching it there. I doubt that Capcom would allow someone else to publish their own games, but hey, Nintendo gave Capcom the Zelda games on the GB to publish, so, yeah like Kid0_oIcarus said, stranger things have happened.

Hey you don't remember Activision published X-Men: Children of the Atom for Playstation?! It's a licensed game from Capcom!!

Bookbagninja
06-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Really now? Well, this changes everything. Hey, thanks for pointing that out, Pikachu! Maybe that wasn't a typo after all, eh?

Kid0_oIcarus
06-06-2002, 05:12 PM
Excellent...

Now if someone could just pinpoint the exact date of the MvsC3 for my GC release.. I could reschedule all my appointments to make time for anxiously looking at my watch and calendar, all while pacing back and forth waiting for the moment when I have to race to the store to pick up my copy.

Or I could just pre-order it, or get it a week later...

nah.

:cool:

WINDJAMMERS
06-07-2002, 01:01 PM
X-Men: Children of the Atom - Made before Activision seized the rights to the Marvel lisense.

MvsC3 - Yet to be made.

One thing is for certain, in this world of speculation: making a game that you can't publish with getting the go ahead by some other company, then waiting for for the other company to release it when they fell like it is not the way you make money.

Kid0_oIcarus
06-07-2002, 02:03 PM
Who said this had anything to do with money, though!? :rolleyes:

Eh.. I just want MvsC3 to hit the GC if it ever comes out...

DeathStroke
06-27-2002, 12:15 AM
Even if MvC3 comes out, and the jury is still out on that one, I hope they do a hell of a better job on it than they did on Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I would rather have 20 balanced characters in a fighting game than 56 unbalanced ones. The fact that you could only be competitive with 10-15 of them was the big drawback.

Stray Dog Strut
06-27-2002, 07:58 AM
Alls I know is, is that the game has Nemisis in it. Im already sold GC or not, Also I know the game will come out multi format (PS2 and arcade, followed by Xbox) But for Capcom to really bring it out on GC, they really have to do something about the controller. We need an official Hori stick or something similar. Maybe if Capcom were to bring out an ASCII Stick? I think that all good things will come to those who wait. Fortunatly we can regard Capcom as to be a 'Squese as much life out of a game as possible' company. We might not see MvC3 just yet, but there will porbably be about 3 versions on the GBA and GC in the not to distant future. :p Also MvC series is ok, but bring on old skool SNK any day!

PS2God
07-14-2002, 05:03 AM
I rather see Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the PS2 first.

PS2God
07-14-2002, 05:05 AM

cartman414
07-15-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by PS2God

And why is that? Why not let it come out on all 3 consoles simultaneously at least? PS2 has already had first dibs on enough titles as is already.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-15-2002, 04:09 PM
Exactly, I say. The more titles for the GC- the better. I don't care about exclusitivity (I've got all the 1st party exclusive <3 I need)

I do care about screwed up ports though..

PS2God
07-18-2002, 05:32 AM
Capcom better make a fighter pad for the GameCube then. If they are going to put it on the GameCube.

aneep
07-18-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by cartman414

And why is that? Why not let it come out on all 3 consoles simultaneously at least? PS2 has already had first dibs on enough titles as is already.

hehe

its Capcom

we all know it will come sooner or later, and to all platforms under the sun too

relax

-aneep-

hootie17
07-18-2002, 10:32 PM
Release date>?

Bookbagninja
07-20-2002, 03:15 AM
Yeah man. I don't doubt Capcom WON'T make a stick. That's my last concern, since ASCII always steps up and takes contorl of that anyway.

CodeNameRaiden
07-31-2002, 03:01 PM
You guys might as well kill this rumor. Because the next Vs game by Capcom is going to the System 246 arcade board. Which is PS2 tecnology.

aneep
07-31-2002, 04:45 PM
and?

Sc2 was developed on System 246 and that was ported to every platform

VF2 was developed on Naomi2 but was ported to PS2

Spiker Battle was developed on Naomi2 and ported to GC

the platform it will be developed on will not stop Capcom from porting it anywhere they wish :)

cheers

-aneep-

Kid0_oIcarus
07-31-2002, 04:48 PM
3xactly! I just h0pe it comes to the 'cub3.

Bookbagninja
07-31-2002, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I know you all read this, but:

- In the latest Arcadia magazine, Capcom has mentioned that they are developing a new VS arcade fighting game, which will be released by the end of the year. The game will be the latest installment to the VS series (Marvel VS Capcom, Capcom VS SNK), but this time the game will feature all the popular Capcom characters, much like a Capcom All-Star fighting game. The game will run on the System 246 arcade board.

This is only for all those people who first said that this wasn't going to come out, when Magicbox and MadMan Cafe reported on this WAY back in March. Though, I still don't know if it's gonna be for the GC, I don't doubt it CAN'T be on it. For the dude who said that it's being made for the System 246 which is the PS2 hardware, as Aneep said so kindly, it's pretty easy to port whatever the freak you want as long as the technology is able.

If that was the case, I wouldn't be playing Metal Slug X on a NON Neo-Geo system (cough* what I'm typing on now *cough), so that's just some bad reasoning.

Bookbagninja
08-01-2002, 02:34 AM
Just another thought. This new game could be pretty sweet. I'm guessing that the style of the game will be like MvC2, since CvS2 just came out not too long ago. With a host of Capcom characters, I thought it would be nothing but Street Fighter characters for my characters I get to select. But, then I did remember Capcom has Cyberbots, a GREAT side fighting game, Final Fight, Saturaday Night Slam Masters, Pinikies, a wonderful puzzle games (I'm sure they can get some characters out of that), the MegaMan series (Maybe we'll FINALLY get to play as Zero!!! And some of the bosses. Dr. Wily even!), Resident Evil, Onimusha, Devil May Cry (I know a lot of people would love to play as Dante) and a whole host of other games under their belts from past years.

My point is, hopefully they won't stick a bunch of Street Fighter characters in our faces when they have so much more they could offer to us.

Thoughts on this, anyone?

Bookbagninja
08-05-2002, 03:07 AM
No thoughts? Oh well. I thought this to be very good news, anyway.

- After the absence for two years, Capcom announced that they will participate the upcoming Amusement Machine Show (AM Show) in Japan this fall, they will reveal some brand new arcade titles at the show.

We'll prob. get to see some sweet scenes of this game pretty soon.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I though it was good news too, fellow (\)inja clan member! I wonder what th3y've got in store!