PDA

View Full Version : Super awesome modern warfare 2 boxset

darren
07-14-2009, 04:08 AM
i hope they release this fucker in the UK ... LOL ..

http://darren8770.googlepages.com/mw2-night-vision-prestige-rm-eng.jpg

Now this is how you do a special edition. Activision and Infinity Ward look to be going all out for its Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "Prestige Edition," with not only the usual accoutrements like a special casing and an art book, but also what is described by Community Manager Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling as a "fully functioning NVGs -- night vision goggles." No idea how well they work, but it's got alternating modes and MW2 branding. That's pretty awesome, but we gotta imagine it's gonna demand a pretty penny -- this is definitely more than that $80 "collector's edition" for $80 GameStop is currently listing. You won't be able to get your actual hands on the game until November at the earliest, so in the meantime, hit up the read link to get a glimpse of the "official" unboxing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMSS12iY1X0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMSS12iY1X0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Alucard
07-14-2009, 05:41 AM
Thats pretty awesome. I wonder how much the super edition costs.

darren
07-14-2009, 06:21 AM
not sure i care ... the NVG's are what i need to be able to make my lurking in bushes and stalking easier and more fun

/edit/

ebgames.com are taking pre orders for $80 ... pre order now just in case the price goes up

Alucard
07-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Thats pretty cheap if thats the special pack.

da missinlink
07-14-2009, 08:03 AM
So your the guy people always refer to hiding in the bushes.

BlindMaphisto
07-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Yep. He buys his rape kits in bulk.

:crying:

Paper exe
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
that looks.....usless! and complete waste of money... and effort!

Badrats Studio
07-14-2009, 10:28 AM
My friend should see this package. He's a sucker for Modern Warfare previous game. Totally addicted for at least 4 months non stop...

da missinlink
07-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Yep. He buys his rape kits in bulk.

:crying:

What aisle is that located in at Costco BJ's, or Sam's? I have never seen them before.

:(

BlindMaphisto
07-14-2009, 10:47 AM
You put the ingredients together and they discount you at the register. Remember to add an inflatable sheep. You get an extra 10 % for the advanced kit.

Alucard
07-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Looks like the super edition pack is going to cost $150.

da missinlink
07-14-2009, 04:19 PM
You put the ingredients together and they discount you at the register. Remember to add an inflatable sheep. You get an extra 10 % for the advanced kit.

Should I get a blow-up doll so I can use the HOV lane and get home faster,or would the sheep work? Teach me your ways oh great king of the kits.

darren
07-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Looks like the super edition pack is going to cost $150.

well lets hope the ebgames is the game as play and game in the UK in that if the pre order price they offer to start with is less than the RRP they do not increase what you pay .. they take the hit for the stupid low price .. lol

Alucard
07-14-2009, 05:00 PM
More chance of them cancelling your preorder and adding an extra $50 just for the fun of it.

darren
07-14-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't think so . It's never happened before. So if it comes out here and they fuck up it will be the same as anything else.

when it does happen here you get an email saying the pre order price has increased but not too worry yours stays the same

ATMA
07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
This will be sold out everywhere and overpriced on ebay.

Still DO WANT!

darren
07-15-2009, 12:00 PM
agreed .. will get it if i can .. just hope they release it in the UK

spider-prime
07-15-2009, 11:52 PM
they're probably like the toy NVGs you can get in Toys R us.

Sinful Sam
07-16-2009, 03:07 AM
I was thinking of how useful it would be to have a pair of night vision goggles around.

Chronos
07-16-2009, 06:14 PM
they're probably like the toy NVGs you can get in Toys R us.

this.

but still, pretty cool box set if i was new to the series i'd grab it.

darren
07-17-2009, 11:36 AM
what a fucking rip off

While Europeans are sadly used to paying more for games, we don't think they're quite as used to paying as much as Britons are being asked to fork out for Modern Warfare 2 when it hits this holiday season.

The standard version will be priced at 55 (USD$90), making it one of, if not the most expensive regular editions of a game on record. But that's just for the standard version.

The fancy "Prestige Edition" - which includes a working set of night vision goggles - is priced at 120. That's just over $195.

If that's not bad enough, it's expected that Modern Warfare 2's price jump is just the first of many the British market will see over the coming months, as a weaker pound and higher development costs drive wholesale prices skyward.

Badrats Studio
07-17-2009, 12:37 PM
See ? Someone MUST BE think that European are indeed richer than others in this planet. Or obedient. Take your pick.

ATMA
07-17-2009, 01:10 PM
as a weaker pound

I find this such a bullshit reason, don't know about the pound, but when the euro was way way lower than the dollar, PAL regions STILL had to pay more than US. Now things are different (euro vs dollar, higher euro ) PAL is still getting buttfucked!

darren
07-17-2009, 01:12 PM
yeah ..

its nothing to do with the , $ EUro or what ever .. its just the publisher knowing they can take the piss with what will prob big the biggest seller of the year regardless

ATMA
07-18-2009, 05:11 AM
So they said the weaker pound was one of the reason?

So here we have a situation where the euro is in no way in a weak position and lo and behold;

We've also received word from a retail source that GameStop will carry the set exclusively in Ireland, where it will sell for 149 ($211).

Yeah that is even more than what british folks will be paying compared to Ireland, but then again it seems the one in the UK has gone up now.

UK retailer HMV has secured an exclusive on the Prestige Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. (Y'know, the one with the night vision goggles.) The chain's online store confirms availability of the title on November 10 at a price of 149 ($243)

Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/18/modern-warfare-2-prestige-edition-exclusive-to-hmv-in-uk-gamest/)