PDA

View Full Version : Why do people really believe in the Famitsu reviews?

Pikachu
05-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Why do people really believe in the Famitsu reviews? It's like people are taking it as a standard, if the score is high, the game is good, and it's garbage if the score looks bad. Do you really think their scores always justify a game?!

ATMA
05-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Not for me i always check the game first,
just stare at the boxart check the backsite of the box,ask the guy if i can play it for a while and most of the time i get like a "vibe" or something if the game feels good i'll buy it no mater what other people say ,I mean who are those other people to decide that this game is good we all have different taste you might like this game while others despite it,i never follow those score that a game gets .all i'm saying is no mater what a magazine says ..in the end it's up to you if you are gonna buy it or not !!!;)

404_Not_Found
05-13-2002, 12:28 PM
I agree...

You can use magazine reviews to know a little more about that new game and even see some thoughts about it from other people, but this is not a way to be sure you are spending your money in a good game.

The only way to know if you are spending your money right is by testing it. And this goes for anything... not only videogames.

So.. go rent it.. ask the guy if you can test it.. whatever. Just only don't buy a game just because this or that magazine gave it a 10... Something that is good to me maybe crap to you...

Rubeus
05-15-2002, 04:49 PM
I hate those magazine reviewers -- who obviously have not played the game and started trashing or praising the game, yet they know almost nothing about it.

The same go to those who trash / praise a game that they have not played.

WINDJAMMERS
05-24-2002, 12:45 PM
If I definately want a game, I don't listen to bad reviews. If my view on a game is border-line, I'll read a few reviews before I make up my mind. I hardly ever rent.

The important thing to keep in mind is that reviews are peoples opinions. Some people are bound to hate a game everyone loves and vice versa.

Black Ace
05-25-2002, 01:10 PM
Never read their reviews.

Kid0_oIcarus
06-07-2002, 03:54 PM
I've seen their reviews quoted before, but never seen the magazine. I'd guess they're big and a respected gaming publication overseas, though.

Eh, I still give games a rent or borrow before purchasing- that's the best way to know- to play them first.