PDA

View Full Version : Question: Will the next 'box have Nvidia inside? :D

Kid0_oIcarus
01-07-2003, 09:52 AM
I've seen many a person practically swear on their life.. well their mouse's life anyway..

But I thought Nvidia and MS were in some sort of legal argument, regarding the price they were selling or buying the GPU for the Xbox? Anybody have any idea waht I'm talking about?

Did anything ever come out of that?

Not caring enough to look it up, I figured one of you would know.

Black Ace
01-07-2003, 10:27 AM
It is too early to know. Their head butting might resolved later on.

Zod
01-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Didn't Microsoft take nVidia to court to force them to accept a lower-than-profitable price for their GPU's? If so, then it's easy to imagine nVidia wanting out once the contract expires.

DBJAY
01-07-2003, 12:07 PM
That is the gist of it, that MS and Nvidia were/are having problems over the price of the chips. I would say that it is a possibility that Xbox2 will be powered by a different company. But will Nvidia want to lose out on potential sales is the real question.

Mistatee
01-07-2003, 03:25 PM
No-one knows for sure, but i would certainly hope so! nvidia graphic cards are pretty high quality, but they are expensive. With power comes consequences if they keep it!

8 bit Orgy
01-07-2003, 04:39 PM
I think Microsoft actually announced that it WOULDN'T use NVidia next in the brim of the cost/price lost court dispute.