PDA

View Full Version : Curb Your Enthusiasm + Planet Earth

Omnislash005
03-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Honestly if I was condemned to watch the full sets of both of these for the rest of my life I wouldnt mind at all. I mentioned these in some other forums but I would like to know who else loves nature, and some kick ass humor.

For those of you who dont know what Curb is, its a show (HBO series) about Larry David, the creator of Seinfield, and his semi-retired life after the show. All the acting is done by Improv, so you can really see the actors shine. Larry David might possibly be the funniest man alive. A 7th season is in the works as far as I know. For those of you who watch and know about 'The Blacks', I really hope they are part of the s 7th eason.

Planet Earth is godly. It took them 5 years altogether to capture everything. It was done by a British crew so I know its really popular worldwide. The stuff they get on camera is absolutely amazing. I never knew so much crazy things existed. My personal favorites are the Deep Oceans, and Mountains. I never get tired of re-watching the episodes. For those of you who smoke from time to time, it definitely enhances the the show. Even if you dont, its still ridiculously amazing.

Lets try not to turn this into a pot thread, I didnt realize there were a few already. Please Id love to hear some fellow members that show some love for either series.

P.S. I heard there was a rumor of making another Planet Earth but cant back this up.

Vicviper
03-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I was a big fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm when I had cable TV a long time ago. Larry David is hilarious. I wouldn't mind picking up some of the series on DVD/ Blu Ray. Is this show still on? Since I don't have HBO anymo' I don't keep up.

justin_credible
03-24-2009, 04:29 PM
I have all the DVDs of Curb. Hoping for a 7th season, so far there's only been rumors.

Omnislash005
03-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I was a big fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm when I had cable TV a long time ago. Larry David is hilarious. I wouldn't mind picking up some of the series on DVD/ Blu Ray. Is this show still on? Since I don't have HBO anymo' I don't keep up.

Yeah it is. They completed the 6th season several months back. Ive only seen season 1, 4 and 6, but 6 is by far my favorite. I would be very surpised if the other seasons could top it. As i posted above season 7 is in the making.

I have all the DVDs of Curb. Hoping for a 7th season, so far there's only been rumors.

Yea i got every season for Christmas, got my whole family (cept my mom, would just be awkward if she watched it with me anyways) hooked. I guess I shouldnt outright say they are for sure making another season but the rumors sound like they will be.

Peppy
03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Sigourney Weaver isn't the most captivating narrator, but the coolness of the footage makes up for it i think. Curb Your Enthusiasm is awesome too!

Omnislash005
03-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Sigourney Weaver isn't the most captivating narrator, but the coolness of the footage makes up for it i think. Curb Your Enthusiasm is awesome too!

Really you dont like Sigourney? I think shes very relaxing. I wouldnt mind if she narrated my life :haha:. Theres also the BBC version narrated by some old Britsh guy. His voice just sounds very old and full of wisdom, you should hear it.

Drunken Savior
03-24-2009, 05:48 PM
I think all the home versions of Planet Earth are narrated by David Attenborough. At least the BluRay is.

And if you liked Planet Earth, check out the 'prequel,' The Blue Planet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Planet).

CongoJack
03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
The bbc edition ones are, the discovery channel ones are weaver. Not sure if they made a discovery channel edition for sale. I like the seasonal forests one the best, it has the most time lapse action! While not as well produced as Planet Earth, the Universe is a great show along the same lines.

Meshugana
03-24-2009, 11:46 PM
I think all the home versions of Planet Earth are narrated by David Attenborough. At least the BluRay is.

And if you liked Planet Earth, check out the 'prequel,' The Blue Planet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Planet).

i was addicted to PE, ill eat this up!

murray
03-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Planet Earth was one of the first things I bought on Bluray when I got a PS3, its an incredible series. If you like it you should check out Blue Planet and Natures Greatest Events too.