PDA

View Full Version : NTSC to PAL

ShinNyika
01-01-2003, 02:29 PM
is there ANY way of me being able to play NTSC games on my PAL PS2. England has a serious lack of RPG's on PS2 and i NEED some.

Escaflowne2001
01-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Tell me about it but there's only one way and it's Illegal I wish they'd bring out a import disc like they did for the PSX.

Don't worry though there's are along list of RPG's being released in 2003 in PAL. :2happy:

ShinNyika
01-01-2003, 05:03 PM
thats good to hear

Alucard
01-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Well theres not really that many out that aren't in Europe. Aside from Wild Arms 3, Suikoden 3 and I think Legia or whtever its called. But they should be here in a couple months or so. If you haven't played Shadow Hearts yet I thoroughly recommend it. I know alot of people ignored it since it came out around the same time as FFX.

I went and got my system modded. Theres just some games I refuse to wait for. Like Suikoden 3 since I'm a huge Konami whore.

Lionheart
01-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Wild Arms 3, in my opinion, is not worth playing at all. You NEED to play Suikoden III though. As for playing NTSC games, just modchip your PS2 (you better know exactly what you're doing or else you're gonna end up with a fried up PS2) and buy imports. I think imports are really expensive, so you might just want to buy copied games.

If I were you, I'd wait for all the games that come out domestically. I'd never modchip my PS2. And besides, the good games are always released in Europe (eg. FFX, Kingdom Hearts, etc.)

Alucard
01-02-2003, 01:17 AM
Actually buying games from overseas isn't that expensive. All depends where you buy them from. My prefered place is http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/ since the postage is FREE for console games. If you leave it in Canadian currency, it actually ends up being a little cheaper then buying locally. I know I save around $10 if I order from there. Though some games I will only buy locally. Like Konami games for example. most of their stuff comes out first in Europe for some insane reason. So thats spiffy for me.

I also use some of them to trade with other games at certain online places. So its really useful getting specific games from overseas.

ATMA
01-02-2003, 02:20 AM
Right now the Euro is alittle higher than the Dollar wich is just perfect to import games. I pay cheaper to import two games for the Ntsc- u/c than if I woulda buy two Pal games. All thanks to global priority mail wich cost like $15 to ship and i don't have to pay any type of tax when it arrives here in Holland (wich is just unbelievable)

But people from England benefits the most, 1 pound cost around 1.6 dollar I think, so a game that will cost $50, will cost in England around 30 British pound (atleast it sounds cheaper):D

I think the Messiah chip will turn your ps2 into a region free console. If not try to order a ps2 from Hongkong.

Seska
01-02-2003, 03:38 AM
For import-happy europeans who don't like to pay for postage, also try www.play.com

While I dont think they offer import games, they do offer import DVDs and such, sent all over Europe postage free with no added price on the product. For people like me who live on a small island in the mediterranean, its ideal, since we dont even get all games here in teh shops. I had to order Anarchy Online: Notum Wars from these people. :p

ShinNyika
01-02-2003, 07:54 AM
the main games i wanted to play were Suikoden 3, Wild arms 3 and any other new US rpgs. For the record Uk does have legaia 2: Duel Saga and I have already invested in a copy of shadow hearts which ma i say is amazing. i had reached blue castle but then my memory card broke and i havent played it since.

The main reasons why i want to play US rpgs is not only because they come out earlier over there but they run in 60Hz. I cannot stand playing games at 50Hz. Square have a tendency to make poor PAL conversions such as FFX and Kingdom hearts. i was appauled when i saw the borders and slow frme rate in these games.

Anyway i may sound picky but any European gamer would know what i mean :crazy:

Escaflowne2001
01-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Hmm... well I've never had a problem with 50hrz or the so-called "Boarders"...but there you go.

Just for the record the RPG's currently planned for 2003 are as follows:

.hack (Infogrames)
Suikoden 3 (Konami)
Wild ARMs 3 (UBI Soft)
Dual Hearts (???)
Seven (Namco)
King's Field IV (Metro3D)
Evergrace 2 (Metro3D)
Xenosaga (Sony)
FFX-2 (if we're lucky otherwise early 04)
Breath Of Fire V (Capcom)

Plus:
Tales Of Destiny 2 (sony)
Unlimited Saga (EA)
Star Ocean 3 (???)
.hack 2+ (Infogrames)
may be released if we're VERY lucky. :2happy:

(I've probs forgot about some)

GodOfCookery
01-03-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Alucard
Well theres not really that many out that aren't in Europe. Aside from Wild Arms 3, Suikoden 3 and I think Legia or whtever its called. But they should be here in a couple months or so. If you haven't played Shadow Hearts yet I thoroughly recommend it. I know alot of people ignored it since it came out around the same time as FFX.

I went and got my system modded. Theres just some games I refuse to wait for. Like Suikoden 3 since I'm a huge Konami whore.

I think Konami said Suikoiden III PAL is of the list, because of horrible sales of Suikoiden I+II. WildArms 3 is not out yet but will come in February. So basically there is only Legia, the quite to desire FF-X and Dark Cloud 1.
Unless you do not count Kingdom Hearts (which I don't)

Escaflowne2001
01-03-2003, 03:41 AM
Nah. Konami ALWAYS release there games here even the really crap ones I mean we gor Reseiled for heaven's sake one of the worst RPG's of the decade...

Suikoden 3 is on it's way. :2happy:

Alucard
01-03-2003, 06:58 AM
Worst rpgs? Thats a bit harsh. Did you get a chance to play it? The story is quite nice and the dialogue the characters use is very cool. But I'm sure Suikoden 3 will come out. Some of Konami's games make it to Europe before the US even. Games like Shadow of Memories and Seven Blades. It'll come.