PDA

View Full Version : Europe Gamecube Launch numbers

Alucard
05-11-2002, 11:15 AM
I kinda was surprised at the numbers. EA claim over 400,000 consoles were sold during the European launch. I dont see why they would lie, though I'd like to see Nintendo actually say something. This is an excellent start.

And for all those in Europe or other countries with PAL Gamecubes, you can buy a Gameshark and it will boot ORIGINAL IMPORTS! I love having this sort of control.

ATMA
05-11-2002, 01:28 PM
YES it's true !!I heard that action replay will be out soon and you can do the same thing with it so i'm waiting for that and i'll buy the CUBE as soon as that action replay is out !! And i'll IMPORT all the way !!!!
and for the numbers ..well i think it's okay to say it's around 500.000 units ..but it's better indeed to hear it from Nintendo !!.
I'm also waiting for those numbers of units sold !!!
I think it's gonna be great !!!!:D
goooooo CUBE !!!

Black Ace
05-11-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
I kinda was surprised at the numbers. EA claim over 400,000 consoles were sold during the European launch. I dont see why they would lie, though I'd like to see Nintendo actually say something. This is an excellent start.

And for all those in Europe or other countries with PAL Gamecubes, you can buy a Gameshark and it will boot ORIGINAL IMPORTS! I love having this sort of control.

Well Nintendo already recieved 60,000 units pre-ordered in the UK before launched. Also, Nintendo sold something like 50,000 units in Germany in a day, those two country alone stacked up over 100,000 GameCube sold not to mentions other countries as well.

ATMA
05-11-2002, 02:25 PM
According to EA it's more than 400.000
it's still has to be confirmed by Nintendo !
but the big N shipped about 500.000 units for europe and well ..lets say if they don't send more units to europe ..we can see that ps2 thingy all over again!!!;)
Anyway so it's like this
THE CUBE : plus/minus 400.000
x-box :200.000
NOTE x-box numbers are from 22 march till today !!
So like i said that there's a big chance the CUBE will surpass sales of the x-box in the first week!
and it happend !!!
HURAAAAAAAAAAAY FOR TITS ...ERRRRR I MEAN HURAAAAY FOR THE CUBE !!!!:D

HFIL
05-11-2002, 08:47 PM
I read on several sites that the xbox surpassed the GC after lowering the price.. so I dunno how accurate ur #'s are

Black Ace
05-11-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by HFIL
I read on several sites that the xbox surpassed the GC after lowering the price.. so I dunno how accurate ur #'s are

Thats probably B.S man.

ATMA
05-12-2002, 12:17 PM
Well they said that X-BOX sales went up when they dropped the price ..But still haven't noticed it ..but right now from 22 of march till date there's about 200.000 x-box units sold in EUROPE!!
And if Nintendo comfirmed that they sold about 400.000 ..that means the cube is numba 2 right now and i think outside the US it will stay numba 2 !!
:cool:
ps:trust me the x-box isn't doing very good here in Europe !!!

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 10:02 AM
I heard xbox sales went up when price dropped.

But it's been confirmed- 400,000 units sold launch week alone!! Shouldn't the GC be getting past a million worldwide now?

How are they doing in the US?

Aren't they doing better, or at least as well as the xbox in the US now? I though they were selling more units than the xbox right before the drop in price. I'm interested in the numbers now.

Alucard
05-29-2002, 10:06 AM
It passed 1 million in the US ages ago. Plus the Australian launch of the GC was the most succesful console launch there ever. So the systems being liked everywhere. Just need more games.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 10:23 AM
Whoa, I missed that announcement! :D Go figure.

Hmm.. so it's doing good/great worldwide. Why aren't then, the developers developing?

You think that between the PS2's difficult- but by now familiar coding, and Xbox's here have some moeny money attitude the little cube is getting shafted?

I mean I can't think of why a developer would develop for the xbox over the 'cube unless:

-They're from the PC scene.
-They're given money.
-They absolutely will only work with the most powerful console. and they're getting money delivered in large boxes to them.
-They're now owned by Moneysoft.

Am I missing something here?