PDA

View Full Version : Swan Crystal: WonderSwan Upgrade!

Overlord
05-09-2002, 11:53 PM
Bandai just realesed info on there new handheld system. It's a upgrade of there last version, with some new features. It will be using a bigger and a better screen. And is due out on July-7 in Japen. More info at The-MagicBox (the-magicbox.com).

Right now there are two differant colors:

Red Model (http://www.geocities.com/chtang.geo/May/red.jpg)

Blue Model (http://www.geocities.com/chtang.geo/May/blue.jpg)

Promotion Pic (http://www.geocities.com/chtang.geo/May/crystalhontai.jpg)

Some games:
-Mobile Suit Gundam Vol. 3 A Baoa Qu
-Gransta Chronicle
-X Card of Fate
-Arc the Lad: Machine God Resurrection
-From TV Animation: One Piece Grand Battle Swan Coliseum
-Promised Ground Rivera Fantasia
-Front Mission
-Inu Yasha
-Digimon Ver. WonderSwan Color
-Wiz Crash Gear Turbo
-SD Gundam-G Generation

...None of the others ones came out in the US. So theres a slim chance that this one will come over here.

Your Thoughts?

Rubeus
05-10-2002, 03:26 PM
So the only difference between Swan crystal and Color is just an upgraded screen display?

I thought it may stand a bigger chance if they also upgrade the processor to 32-bit like the GBA.

The machine probably won't stand a chance here, because almost all the games are Anime /Manga based, and most of them never made it here, except Digimon and Gundam.

Overlord
05-10-2002, 05:56 PM
I thought it may stand a bigger chance if they also upgrade the processor to 32-bit like the GBA.

The WonderSwan color already has a 32-bit processor. And it is stronger than the GBA. Plus the new screen might even give it better resoultion.

cartman414
05-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Overlord

The WonderSwan color already has a 32-bit processor. And it is stronger than the GBA. Plus the new screen might even give it better resoultion.

And your proof is... ?

Iori
05-10-2002, 11:39 PM
I believe WonderSwan Color has a 16-bit processor, better than GBC but slower than GBA's.

Overlord
05-15-2002, 06:35 PM
Are you guys sure that it's only 16-bit? I always thought it was 32-bit and slightly stronger than the GBA. I tried to look for a spec sheet, but I could only find one for WonderSwan, not color.

...I know that the GP32 is 32-bit, but is it better than the GBA, hardware wise.

Rubeus
05-16-2002, 11:32 AM
Are you guys sure that it's only 16-bit? I always thought it was 32-bit and slightly stronger than the GBA. I tried to look for a spec sheet, but I could only find one for WonderSwan, not color.

...I know that the GP32 is 32-bit, but is it better than the GBA, hardware wise.

If Wonderswan Color is 32-bit, it wouldn't be outsold by both GBA and GBC (occasionally) in Japan!

You can check the spec sheet at the official WonderSwan Color site at Bandai. (www.swan.channel.or.jp)

Overlord
05-18-2002, 08:58 PM
Can you copy the spec sheet, the whole site comes up in Japanese. Another reason why it gets outsold, is because the lack of games and support.

...And what about the GP32. How did that do sales wise?

Rubeus
05-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Can you copy the spec sheet, the whole site comes up in Japanese. Another reason why it gets outsold, is because the lack of games and support.

...And what about the GP32. How did that do sales wise?

?????_?[?X?????J???[??\??????A????^?J???[?t??(FSTN)???g?p????????B??????A?t???????2.5?C???` ????2.8?C???`??????????A?????????A?v???C?????????? ??B??????A?\???F??4096?F??241?F????????F????\????? ?????B??????????????O???t?B?b?N?\?????????????B??? ???????_?[?X?????????p??????????????\16bitCPU??????B

This is the text in the technical specs, I don't read Japanese, but I can tell from here that the machine has a 16bitCPU at the bottom, uses FSTN display, 2.8" LCD screen, 241 colors out of 4096, etc...

SeiferA
05-24-2002, 12:34 PM
I liked my Wonderswan Color, so it comes as no surprise that I reserved the Crystal version

DarkZitan
05-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Any handheld with remake versions of FF is always a good investment, if they could just finish up FF3j I'd be completely satisfied with the damned thing.

Yoshi
05-27-2002, 04:19 PM
The WonderSwan is, in fact, a 16-bit machine. The only 32-bit portables are the GBA and the GP32.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 04:23 PM
If only Sony didn't own stake in both Square and Bandai then those FF remakes would be coming over to the GBA!

Iori
05-30-2002, 10:05 AM
I don't think Sony owns any stake of Bandai. They support the Wonderswan as a return because Bandai is giving PS2 huge supports.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Really? I thugh Sony had something to do with them as a company.

Eh, what do I know. I just want my FF remakes for GBA.

Zwerchfell
05-30-2002, 03:37 PM
I hate the buttons, my hands are to big for that little thing :(

Kid0_oIcarus
05-31-2002, 03:39 PM
What the, d-pad on the GBA? Yeah, that is kinda small.. I only dare press the very edge of each direction, and diagonal directions 0wn me! =P