PDA

View Full Version : "We wanted a developer..."

Mooreberg
12-25-2002, 09:17 PM
Pure Microsoft (http://home.attbi.com/~mooreberg/images/2002-xmasedge-p4.jpg) :yikes:

Black Ace
12-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Believe me, Japanese don't cared for the Xbox, even if there are some RPG's coming out. If they want RPGs, they would have own a Playstation 2 or GameCube & GBA by now.

gabriel
12-25-2002, 09:35 PM
It's funny how they ripped off the combat system of Star Ocean, and the master/apprentice system of Breath of Fire 3 only to say that "the Japanese couldnt give us the goods." Not to mention the traditional archetypes found in J-RPGs - the offspring of royalty that excels at magic, the bookworm obsessed with technology, and the half man/half beast fighting machine. Granted the "outgoing swordsman" is quite opposite to many Japanese protagonists which are often introvert loners. Hopefully the story will be original because just about everything else seems to be "borrowed" from other games.

Reality
12-25-2002, 09:43 PM
I find it funny how this game is meant to look like a game from Japan but it's being developed in Europe.:2happy: Gabriel is right about the game borrowing features from other titles, basically in short this game has been cloned from a lot of other games. As for the "balls" quote. It's one of the most unprofessional/vulgar quotes I ever heard from a Game company. Microsoft sure does try to keep to the bad boy/mature console image.

xsarien
12-25-2002, 09:44 PM
"...And the Japanese couldn't give us the goods."

Riiight. Translation: "No Japanese developer wanted to make an RPG for us."

Microsoft spin doctoring is beautiful, isn't it?

Alucard
12-26-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by xsarien
"...And the Japanese couldn't give us the goods."

Riiight. Translation: "No Japanese developer wanted to make an RPG for us."

Microsoft spin doctoring is beautiful, isn't it?

I like that translation. It's also spot on. I dont know if Microsoft realise it or not but perhaps the way they talk about the games for their system and the system itself is what puts off alot of people. I just want to play good games. Not be told how awesome this mediocre game is and the only reason its awesome is cause its only on this specific system and not good enough (or wanted) for any other system. Woooo.

xsarien
12-26-2002, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Alucard

I like that translation. It's also spot on. I dont know if Microsoft realise it or not but perhaps the way they talk about the games for their system and the system itself is what puts off alot of people. I just want to play good games. Not be told how awesome this mediocre game is and the only reason its awesome is cause its only on this specific system and not good enough (or wanted) for any other system. Woooo.

Oh, if you think the way they talk about the XBox puts some people off, then you're going to absolutely love this:

There's nothing on playstation.com or nintendo.com that actively condone's the constant fanboy whining that fills message boards from .au to .us. That isn't the case for xbox.com:

XBox Live vs. Ps2 Online (http://www.xbox.com/live/xbox+live+vs+ps2.htm)

I was looking for information on XBox Live recently and stumbled across this..."gem". All I wanted was to see if there was a set price for the service, because how much it is will probably determine whether or not I get one of those over-sized DVD players. (Panzer's really calling to me, but the mere thought of online racing really appeals to me.)

But given this, my overall respect for the people running the XBox division shot down so fast it made an actual hole in my floor, and I'm the last person in the world to even be bothered with such trivial things. It doesn't really offend me on a PS2 vs. GameCube vs. XBox level. I don't care about that. It offends me on a pure tact level, or lack thereof. You don't win any customers by stooping to insults that amount to "You're a girl if you play with your PS2 Online instead of your XBox."

It's how you win friends in 5th grade.

8 bit Orgy
12-26-2002, 05:49 AM
Jesus Christ. Worst thing ever.

Seska
12-26-2002, 06:21 AM
At least we will have something to laugh at when Sudeki bombs. :D

Ogni
12-26-2002, 07:42 AM
This just made me think about selling my XBOX!
I never liked M$ (having to use their OS on my computer already buggs me...) but this is the peak of nonesense. Till now I was really thinking about getting a non-modded XBOX to go online, but now I NEVER WILL. I will only buy my beloved SEGA games, and when SEGA is done with XBOX, so will I be.
This shows us once more: MICROSOFT IS PURE EVIL.
Let's all get Linux and forget about M$!

Alucard
12-26-2002, 08:39 AM
Ok, that little test is sad as hell. Why did they do it and even put it up? Obviously they think their 'wit' is too good and needs to be up to show people how HIP AND HAPPENING their system is. Very sick. Sorry Xbox, I only got you for Dragoon. If you didn't have that game I'd so ignore you. And online? pffft. Thats what my PC is for.

And on the subject of voices while playing games through the internet...NO! It is the single most retarded thing they ever did. Especially in Counter Strike. Everytime I hear someone mumbling, and yes its mumbling to me cause its so hard to understand what they're syaing, I want to rip my phone socket out.

ATMA
12-26-2002, 11:32 AM
Way to win people to buy your console is by making the other consoles look stupid (instead of trying to make great games)
This must be the mentality in camp MS.

The day that I hated fat ass Gates more than ever was the day he open his blow hole and said something "we don't need jap support for the xbox" , still MS is trying soooooo hard to survive in Japan. Funny thing, according to my friend Overlord: GBA sold more units in one week than what xbox sold in an entire year in Japan. David VS Goliath indeed.

Now i don't have a thing against "Sudeki" ,but I do have something against this- "we wanted someone who could provide us with a quality rpg and the japanese couldn't give us the goods" Now why the dissing? Do they think that by dissing someone else their sales will go up? Way to go MS or who ever said this. I'm sure MS won't worry IF the day comes that Sega stop making games for the xbox. To bad they never got the chance to put money in Square (a Japanese developer).

Japanese developers MADE the plugnplay world and if you think you can do without them,I'll be the first one in the line to point and laugh when all goes wrong.

Zod
12-26-2002, 12:28 PM
I love that article. I really do. It's like they're pouting because the best developers are either withdrawing support (Konami) or refuse to support them entirely (Square), as well as the bad Japanese sales.

Aren't those names in that game Japanese?

The last time I checked, only dogs can put their balls where their mouths are, so I don't have a problem with Japanese developers NOT being able to do that for Microsoft.

*Patiently awaits the Japanese-made "True Fantasy" live that's sure to be another original masterpiece that's devoid of influence from Japanese developers (sarcasm). :crazy:

I agree with all the comments here regarding Microsoft. I don't have the slightest problem with the X-Box itself and am sure it's a very decent console, but my negative perception of Microsoft is what keeps me from buying an X-Box. Every time I lighten up on them, they turn around and do something else to make me not want an X-Box. This isn't politics, and they just don't need to mud-sling like that.

Zod
12-26-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by ATMA
Way to win people to buy your console is by making the other consoles look stupid (instead of trying to make great games)
This must be the mentality in camp MS.

Making themselves look good by making someone else look bad is what politicians do. Microsoft is acting less like a console/game maker right now and more like someone running for senator

The day that I hated fat ass Gates more than ever was the day he open his blow hole and said something "we don't need jap support for the xbox" , still MS is trying soooooo hard to survive in Japan. Funny thing, according to my friend Overlord: GBA sold more units in one week than what xbox sold in an entire year in Japan. David VS Goliath indeed.

Interesting. When did he say that?

ATMA
12-26-2002, 03:14 PM
It happend I think a few months before xbox launched in the State and when you read that interview i could swear Gates sounded so like .."we're American we can do it better" " or it's the American way so OFCOURSE we'll win"(and by reading that thing of xbox live vs ps2 online that xsarien provided us with, sure reminded me of that arrogance attitude) ofcourse he didn't say it like that but the impression I got from the interview came over like that to me.

At the end of that so call propoganda for xbox live you can send your comment, I wonder what kind of reply they got.:big smile

Olm52
12-27-2002, 09:41 AM
This sort of thing is why I will never buy an xbox.

Source: eWEEK

Sendo Sues Microsoft

Chris Gonsalves

Suit charges Microsoft with misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, conspiracy and fraud.
Sendo Holdings PLC is suing former partner Microsoft Corp., saying the software giant so wanted to rule the emerging market for Web-enabled phones that it conspired to steal Sendo's trade secrets and tried to drive the British firm out of business.

The suit, filed this week in federal district court in Texarkana, Texas, details what Sendo officials call Microsoft's "Secret Plan" designed to "plunder the small company of its proprietary information, technical expertise, market knowledge, [and] customers," according to court documents.

According to the suit, Microsoft promised to help Sendo develop, finance and ultimately market Sendo's 2.5G smartphone, the Z100. But repeated delays of both Microsoft's software and funding left Sendo financially strapped and the partnership frayed. The deal fell apart in October when Microsoft joined with another manufacturer, High Tech Computer of Taiwan, to unveil the Orange SPV, a next-generation phone that the suit claims was built with stolen Sendo technology.

"Microsoft used Sendo's knowledge and expertise to its benefit to gain direct entry into the burgeoning next-generation mobile phone market and then, after driving Sendo to the brink of bankruptcy, cut it out of the picture," the complaint reads.

The timing of the suit and the events described in the complaint sheds some light on the rift between Micosoft and Sendo that was apparently developing when Sendo announced last month it was dropping the Microsoft-based Z100 in favor of a new deal with Nokia Corp.

Microsoft officials did not respond to requests for comment. A Sendo spokeswoman in the United States referred calls to officials in the Netherlands, where comment was not immediately available.

Sendo's suit seeks unspecified damages on 13 counts including misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, conspiracy and fraud.

According to the court complaint, Sendo and Microsoft representatives first met at a telecom trade show in October 1999, where Microsoft expressed interest in helping to develop the Z100, which would use the Redmond, Wash. firm's new mobile operating system, then code-named Stinger. According to Sendo officials, Microsoft claimed Stinger was "virtually complete."

The pair inked a development and marketing deal the following year and work began on the Z100, which was due in August of 2001. The project, and a prototype of the Z100, were unveiled at the 3GSM World Congress in Cannes, France in February 2001.

"Sendo trusted Microsoft's representations about the readiness of its Stinger software and that Microsoft could deliver fully functioning software well in advance of the target launch date," Sendo officials wrote in the complaint.

But according to Sendo, Microsoft never delivered usable, bug free code for the Z100, forcing several slips in the delivery date and sapping Sendo's dwindling pool of available cash.

As Sendo struggled to hang on during the development of the Z100, Microsoft officials made increasing efforts to look at both the technical details of Sendo's work as well as the inner workings of the company's finances, according to the lawsuit. As a part of the original agreement, Microsoft was allowed to appoint one person to Sendo's board of directors. It chose its own Director of Corporate Development and Strategy, Marc Brown.

From its insider's vantage point, Microsoft knew that Sendo's future had been hitched to the Z100, and that the delays in Microsoft software were jeopardizing the company's survival, Sendo officials charged. "Brown knew that Sendo was rapidly depleting its working capital by funding the development overruns caused by Microsoft's delays," the suit claims. And under the original agreement, "in the event of a Sendo bankruptcy, Microsoft would obtain an irrevocable, royalty-free license to use Sendo's Z100 intellectual property."

Despite the software delays, Microsoft officials continued to demand more access to Sendo's work and its books, even ordering Sendo to stop all other phone development projects to concentrate on the Z100, according to the suit. "These demands were all part of Microsoft's Secret Plan to appropriate Sendo's technology and customer relationships while driving Sendo to insolvency and, ultimately, out of business," the complaint reads.

Despite repeated assurances from Brown and others at Microsoft that Sendo was its only smartphone partner, Microsoft announced the HTC-built Orange SPV on Oct. 22, 2002, more than a year after the Z100 was due for release. Six days later, Brown resigned from Sendo's board. Sendo terminated the development and marketing deal with Microsoft at the same time, claiming that "Microsoft provided HTC with pre-release or test versions of the Sendo Z100 to aid in the development of the Microsoft/HTC offering," according to Sendo's suit.

According to court documents, Microsoft has still not returned the confidential and proprietary information it received from Sendo during the partnership and "is using and/or disclosing some or all of it for its own unjust enrichment."

Olm52
12-27-2002, 10:10 AM
This sort of thing is why I will never buy an xbox.

Source: eWEEK

Sendo Sues Microsoft

Chris Gonsalves

Suit charges Microsoft with misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, conspiracy and fraud.
Sendo Holdings PLC is suing former partner Microsoft Corp., saying the software giant so wanted to rule the emerging market for Web-enabled phones that it conspired to steal Sendo's trade secrets and tried to drive the British firm out of business.

The suit, filed this week in federal district court in Texarkana, Texas, details what Sendo officials call Microsoft's "Secret Plan" designed to "plunder the small company of its proprietary information, technical expertise, market knowledge, [and] customers," according to court documents.

According to the suit, Microsoft promised to help Sendo develop, finance and ultimately market Sendo's 2.5G smartphone, the Z100. But repeated delays of both Microsoft's software and funding left Sendo financially strapped and the partnership frayed. The deal fell apart in October when Microsoft joined with another manufacturer, High Tech Computer of Taiwan, to unveil the Orange SPV, a next-generation phone that the suit claims was built with stolen Sendo technology.

"Microsoft used Sendo's knowledge and expertise to its benefit to gain direct entry into the burgeoning next-generation mobile phone market and then, after driving Sendo to the brink of bankruptcy, cut it out of the picture," the complaint reads.

The timing of the suit and the events described in the complaint sheds some light on the rift between Micosoft and Sendo that was apparently developing when Sendo announced last month it was dropping the Microsoft-based Z100 in favor of a new deal with Nokia Corp.

Microsoft officials did not respond to requests for comment. A Sendo spokeswoman in the United States referred calls to officials in the Netherlands, where comment was not immediately available.

Sendo's suit seeks unspecified damages on 13 counts including misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, conspiracy and fraud.

According to the court complaint, Sendo and Microsoft representatives first met at a telecom trade show in October 1999, where Microsoft expressed interest in helping to develop the Z100, which would use the Redmond, Wash. firm's new mobile operating system, then code-named Stinger. According to Sendo officials, Microsoft claimed Stinger was "virtually complete."

The pair inked a development and marketing deal the following year and work began on the Z100, which was due in August of 2001. The project, and a prototype of the Z100, were unveiled at the 3GSM World Congress in Cannes, France in February 2001.

"Sendo trusted Microsoft's representations about the readiness of its Stinger software and that Microsoft could deliver fully functioning software well in advance of the target launch date," Sendo officials wrote in the complaint.

But according to Sendo, Microsoft never delivered usable, bug free code for the Z100, forcing several slips in the delivery date and sapping Sendo's dwindling pool of available cash.

As Sendo struggled to hang on during the development of the Z100, Microsoft officials made increasing efforts to look at both the technical details of Sendo's work as well as the inner workings of the company's finances, according to the lawsuit. As a part of the original agreement, Microsoft was allowed to appoint one person to Sendo's board of directors. It chose its own Director of Corporate Development and Strategy, Marc Brown.

From its insider's vantage point, Microsoft knew that Sendo's future had been hitched to the Z100, and that the delays in Microsoft software were jeopardizing the company's survival, Sendo officials charged. "Brown knew that Sendo was rapidly depleting its working capital by funding the development overruns caused by Microsoft's delays," the suit claims. And under the original agreement, "in the event of a Sendo bankruptcy, Microsoft would obtain an irrevocable, royalty-free license to use Sendo's Z100 intellectual property."

Despite the software delays, Microsoft officials continued to demand more access to Sendo's work and its books, even ordering Sendo to stop all other phone development projects to concentrate on the Z100, according to the suit. "These demands were all part of Microsoft's Secret Plan to appropriate Sendo's technology and customer relationships while driving Sendo to insolvency and, ultimately, out of business," the complaint reads.

Despite repeated assurances from Brown and others at Microsoft that Sendo was its only smartphone partner, Microsoft announced the HTC-built Orange SPV on Oct. 22, 2002, more than a year after the Z100 was due for release. Six days later, Brown resigned from Sendo's board. Sendo terminated the development and marketing deal with Microsoft at the same time, claiming that "Microsoft provided HTC with pre-release or test versions of the Sendo Z100 to aid in the development of the Microsoft/HTC offering," according to Sendo's suit.

According to court documents, Microsoft has still not returned the confidential and proprietary information it received from Sendo during the partnership and "is using and/or disclosing some or all of it for its own unjust enrichment."

guyverjay
12-27-2002, 10:36 AM
So you wont buy an Xbox because of M$ dodgy behind the scenes actions?

Who gives a crap? I soo sick and tired of all that rubbish. All these big companies do the same thats why there BIG companies. I go where the games are i dont care abut business deals and court cases. Nintendo ran an illegal monoply in the 80's and were conviicted of price fixing only a couple of months ago. OOOH NO ill never buy a nintendo product again, I better chuck my gameboy out the window:rolleyes:

Sony made sure that bleemcast wouldn't get stocked in shops using their bully tactics and sued the crap out of them till they went bankcupt. OOOHH NO I'll never buy a sony product again and I really wanted that sony wega TV.

What a waste of life, M$ doent even make any money off the xbox anyway so its not like your hurting them ( the billions they make off windows keeps them going) your only hurting yourself by missing out on some good games. Like all the morons who never bought a DC or a saturn.

If you dont like the games on the Xbox fine, then let that be your reason fot not wanting one. Not some business bullcrap that doesnt effect nor concern you in any way.

Olm52
12-27-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by guyverjay
So you wont buy an Xbox because of M$ dodgy behind the scenes actions?

Who gives a crap? I soo sick and tired of all that rubbish. All these big companies do the same thats why there BIG companies. I go where the games are i dont care abut business deals and court cases. Nintendo ran an illegal monoply in the 80's and were conviicted of price fixing only a couple of months ago. OOOH NO ill never buy a nintendo product again, I better chuck my gameboy out the window:rolleyes:

Sony made sure that bleemcast wouldn't get stocked in shops using their bully tactics and sued the crap out of them till they went bankcupt. OOOHH NO I'll never buy a sony product again and I really wanted that sony wega TV.

What a waste of life, M$ doent even make any money off the xbox anyway so its not like your hurting them ( the billions they make off windows keeps them going) your only hurting yourself by missing out on some good games. Like all the morons who never bought a DC or a saturn.

If you dont like the games on the Xbox fine, then let that be your reason fot not wanting one. Not some business bullcrap that doesnt effect nor concern you in any way.

The bleemcast gave an unfair advantage to segan which hurt sony, they were perfectly within their rights to prevent its sale. What nintendo did didn't affect sega's ability to perform in the marketplace. What Microsoft does is they use unfair business tactics to dominate every single part of the market and then they move onto new areas, spreading their practices. Alll the xbox basically is is just the spearhead of Microsofts push to completely dominate the living room, and create a new monopoly there as well. Let me ask you something. If Microsoft says there is a future in online console gaming, invests 2$ billion over two years into xbox live, and generates a revenue of $9.7 million this year thorugh its xbox live service where do you think the deficit will be made up?

If microsft dominates the industry all that will happen is more of there monopolising practices, which have ruined competitors in the pc market. And they will be far, far worse than Nintendo was during the 80's as nintendo was vunerable, as they only had their console business to live off, while microsoft have their pc software business to support them.

What happened with Microsoft Office? Microsoft, at the begining offered an inferior product which was beaten consistantly by its rivals. So then they started undercutting the prices of those rivals to such a degree that MS Office was unprofitable, however it sent their rivals out of business. How much is MS Office now? 1000$ Australian.

I know that me not buying an xbox isn't going to hurt Microsoft to any great degree, But i dont want to help them either.

guyverjay
12-27-2002, 11:13 AM
Bleemcast didnt give Sega any advantage what so ever. You still had to buy the sony PS game to play it and thats where sony make there money from right? the games. If you buy the game then you own it, Sony had no right in telling you what to play it on. Thats like saying I can only watch my Spiderman DVD on a sony DVD player. Its not the fact that they sued them to hell that bothers me it was the fact that they made all the major retailers refuse to stock it using their bully tactics.

I dont know how you can even defend nintendo of the 80's era they used to make software developers sign contracts stopping them from making games for other systems including the master system. How is that not "affecting sega's ability to perform in the marketplace".Not mention the price fixing in UK (where I live) in which nintendo games used to cost soo much it wasn't even funny. A new Snes game used to cost ?59.99 and back in the early 90's! add inflation and convert that into US dollars and thats probably well over a 100 dollars for a game!

The bottom line is regardless of how much of an asshole bill gates is or how crappy M$ is,the situation wont change . M$ will still act like a holes regardless so you might as well enjoy the games. M$ wont dominate the games business because the Japanese wont stand for it so there is nothing to worry about. Just enjoy the games I say.

Reality
12-27-2002, 11:34 AM
I fell Olm52 hit the nail on the head there. He made several good points. Any company in it's own line of business will try to be a successful one. The problem with Microsoft is that they want to own every line of business. I even got to read about Microsoft's new plan for you living room. How everything will be done in just one Box. Everything must be compatible with it (TV, DVD's MP3s even net browsers.) Even after you buy it you still haft to buy a remote for it to get it to work.

In reality you can't defend Nintendo and what they did back in the 80's, in short you could say they got what the dissevered. They lost the spot the work so hard in keeping. But point be made they were only a Game and Console maker in the game and console only market. That's not the case with Microsoft.

Olm52
12-27-2002, 11:37 AM
Yeah it did. It was a major selling point of the dreamcast to PSX owners. And what i said was that your example of nintendo's business practices didnt affect sega. What you mentioned in your last post obviously clearly affected sega. And while Nintendo were a monopoly in the 80's, when i was not a consumer of videogames, Microsoft aim to create another monopoly today and they sure as hell can and will dominate the business if we let them. And unlike how nintendo was toppled with the coming of the PSX, Microsoft, with their iron grip over the entirety of the PC market can afford to use money to fend off any competitors.

gabriel
12-27-2002, 12:30 PM
Way to go, guyverjay, I was about to post the exact same thing.

I never let company politcs dictate which product I'll buy, because frankly, I dont care. I dont want to sound cynical, but one person cant make a difference. You arent going to topple Microsoft's empire by using Linux or buying Gamecubes, just as vegeterians arent going to save any cows by abstaining from eating them (not that that has any relation to this topic, I just thought I'd throw that in there, damn veggies :P)

It was especially funny how some people vowed never to buy an XBox after reading that Sudeki article :haha: They may be obnoxious and trying to push a "bad boy" image, but that's hardly a reason to boycott a product.

Whenever this discussion surfaces someone always makes the valid point, that's usually ignored, that "all big companies are evil" and you'd be fool to form allegiance with one and to be hostile towards another.

hgblob
12-27-2002, 08:15 PM
Bleemcast didnt give Sega any advantage what so ever. You still had to buy the sony PS game to play it and thats where sony make there money from right? the games. If you buy the game then you own it, Sony had no right in telling you what to play it on. Thats like saying I can only watch my Spiderman DVD on a sony DVD player. Its not the fact that they sued them to hell that bothers me it was the fact that they made all the major retailers refuse to stock it using their bully tactics.

IIRC, Sony didn't start suing Bleem until it was announced that they were going to work on putting Gran Turismo 2 on the DC. With that announcement of Bleem's intent, Sony was well within its rights to go after Bleem, as the GT series legally belongs to Sony Computer Entertainment. Even if you do sympathise with the underdog here, Bleem was still guilty of intended trademark violations.

guyverjay
12-27-2002, 10:14 PM
Wrong! Sony were after bleem from ther start when they first done their PC PSX emulator. Bleem weren't "doing GT" as you put it they made an emulator for it and an emulator in which you still needed the actual PSX game to run it. Konami never sued bleem for metal gear solid being on DC did they. An emulator isn't illegal if the code is your own. Sony never won the case, they just used their bully tactics to keep the stores from stocking it and kept bleem tied up in the courts till they ran out of money.

Olm52
12-28-2002, 02:33 AM
Can you prove Sony used bully tactics to prevent distributors selling bleemcast. What i think is far more likely is that as the userbase for dreamcast was low, it was more likely than not less profitable stocking the bleemcast than other products. And anyway i saw them on sale in electronics boutique a couple of years ago, so obviously sony cant have been trying hard.

hgblob
12-28-2002, 03:15 AM
Wrong! Sony were after bleem from ther start when they first done their PC PSX emulator.

Well, I googled and looked up some old articles, and yeah, you're right. My mistake. I really should refresh my memory every once in a while :P

Bleem weren't "doing GT" as you put it they made an emulator for it and an emulator in which you still needed the actual PSX game to run it. Konami never sued bleem for metal gear solid being on DC did they.

I suspect because, to Konami, it didn't really make much of a difference where their games would run. A Konami game sold is still a game sold and it's money for them. And since Bleem, an outisde company, is the one putting their game on an unintended platform, they (Konami) didn't go against their contract with Sony, so they're pretty safe. All they need to do is cast a blind eye over it and they get a little bit more sales.

However, to Sony, it means a lot. It's their hardware that's legally meant to run that game. They paid money to the developers to put their games on the Playstation, sometimes they paid money to help the developers advertise those games. And if the game becomes playable on another platform, then it's a loss for them both in terms of money and time. It may be a tiny loss to our eyes, but it's still a loss.

Twelve
12-28-2002, 12:32 PM
LOL...that game looks straight up stupid. How dare they mention Devil May Cry in their article with that dopey looking hero. What is he fighting, plastic monsters?