PDA

View Full Version : So my appendix was a terrorist....

Yoshi Girl
01-04-1980, 01:10 AM
damn. best wishes for a speedy recovery.

my boyfriend had a kidney stone a few months ago, and I though he was dying. I didn't know people could puke that much.

edit- omg i broke the forum, why is my reply up front????????

AmishNazi
02-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Tick.

Last weekend I kept getting cramps in my stomach and they would not go the hell away. Although since my g/f had just gotten over a pretty bad case of the stomach flu I figured it was just the onset of that. I continued to do my job (delivering papers) and tough it out like most Americans without health insurance because I just figured it would eventually give me the Flu or subside.

Tick.

This was not the case though. After a particularly bad onset of the aforementioned cramps on Monday night / Tuesday morning I was forced to wear a heating pad on my stomach just to be able to get through the three and a half hours total it takes to do my route. The heating pad seemed to do the trick and my stomach actually felt better than it had the last couple of days and I went to bed with a sigh of relief and a half ass smile on my face for finally getting over the flu.

Boom.

I woke up the morning slightly uncomfortable and out of the spoon position. As I tried to move back into a comfortable spoon position I was pushed away rather rudely and told "No babe you haven't stopped moving all night, please stay on your side of the bed". Apparently this finally took my brain out of shock because a few seconds later I realized that it felt like their was a midget sitting on my stomach stabbing in the stomach with dull, hot, butter knives. That started the Tuesday to Sunday hell of being in a hospital helpless and scared shitless.

I had a emergency laparoscopically appendicectomy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appendicectomy). Plus it was found out after the surgery started that my appendix had already burst hours before. Most likely while I was doing my route. Just long enough to allow for the tissues to go gangreen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangreen) on me.

The recovery is sucking so fucking hardcore it hurts to breathe and anyway I lay induces a pain somewhere in my body. Mostly because of how the stitches are placed into muscle fiber.

So just a warning if I get a little irritable this next week it's the pain, if you can't understand me it's most likely the percocet, and thanks for listening / reading. Sorry to be all live journal but I'm pretty much stuck in the house and it's driving me insane.

Paper exe
02-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Well if it going to make you feel any better I have been stuck for over eight months now and there are still two left, but you don't see me complaining.

Alexander
02-19-2008, 07:47 AM
This is one of worst fears. Fuck my life.

sharky~
02-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Paper started that post lulling you into a false sense of security and then dashed it all in your face!

But on topic, get better soon! both of you!

AmishNazi
02-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Paper trust me you have my deepest sympathies and hopes for recovery. I watched a aunt go through chemo when I was a very young boy and it was scary to me then. I could only imagine what that constant feeling of sickness would be like.

Alucard
02-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Thats cause you're awesome paper.

Bad luck amish. Although you technically had good luck cause when it bursts thats like death inducing.

AmishNazi
02-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah so I've been told... It also leads to the most painful lengthy recovery though too :( Oh well finally getting into Warcraft III with my friends who still play the game Blizzard forgot :)

Xero
02-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Wow that sucks. Glad to hear you're recovering and I'm aware of how painful it can be. I wish you and Paper the best.

zechin
02-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah so I've been told... It also leads to the most painful lengthy recovery though too :( Oh well finally getting into Warcraft III with my friends who still play the game Blizzard forgot :)

we should play on us.west lawlallawlawl.

Sinful Sam
02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Pretty crazy. I am going through some stomach cramps right now. :x

Chronos
02-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Sam: Midol.

Amish: Best wishes and RIP to your apendix. Take care in recovering.

When I first read "tick" I assumed you had a tick literally and was sick resulting from the bite or something.

AmishNazi
02-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Sam: Midol.

Amish: Best wishes and RIP to your apendix. Take care in recovering.

When I first read "tick" I assumed you had a tick literally and was sick resulting from the bite or something.

Nah just messing with some different writing styles for the hell of it since I'm pretty much stuck in the house for a while.

Peppy
02-20-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm so scared of my appendix. I wonder what it's for... Maybe the next generation will be born WITHOUT appendixes! Speaking of vestigial features, I need my wisdom teeth out too. Does that hurt?

Joe Redifer
02-20-2008, 04:23 PM
The appendix will continue to shrink and shrink in hyper-minuscule amounts with each generation until it is no more. It be called evolution, yo. It exists.

Nindalf
02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
joe, why do you hate god?

Paper exe
02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Ahh back to the evolution theory again. I swear you lot are just as bad as an extremist when it comes to bragging about his beliefs if not worst. lololollo

AmishNazi
02-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm so scared of my appendix. I wonder what it's for... Maybe the next generation will be born WITHOUT appendixes! Speaking of vestigial features, I need my wisdom teeth out too. Does that hurt?

Wisdom teeth only hurt for like a day.... Just make sure your doc gives you percocet instead of vicodin.

Joe Redifer
02-21-2008, 03:25 AM
Bump from 1980

Zachalmighty
02-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Bump from 1980

Evolution didn't exist in 1980.

AmishNazi
02-21-2008, 06:01 PM
damn. best wishes for a speedy recovery.

my boyfriend had a kidney stone a few months ago, and I though he was dying. I didn't know people could puke that much.

Ouch. That's actually what I was hoping it wasn't. I watched a cousin go through that painful mess and definitely knew I'd rather be anything else.

Drunken Savior
02-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh man, I donno why I didn't see this thread. Bum luck man. I'm glad you made it and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Catch up on some gaming when you feel able! :)