PDA

View Full Version : First KOF12 Footage!

Diavle
02-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Sup,

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CjScFUY1uLU

Freaking win, completely redrawn. Loving the style and I'm seeing some really nice framerates.

I can't tell from the vid but from what I heard its high res (runs in 720p or whatever its called).

Oh man, I can't wait for this.

shinobi00
02-15-2008, 01:15 AM
I can tell you are really excited because you double posted. Looks good maybe it can get more interest in snk games again.

Diavle
02-15-2008, 01:16 AM
I can tell you are really excited because you double posted..

Oh snap, no idea how that happened. My bad.

Nem
02-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Finally they try to redesign the game. The graphic updates they made on the lastest games werent beeing enough at all.

zechin
02-15-2008, 03:45 AM
K' owns > all. Too bad he isnt in the clip.

Vegetto
02-15-2008, 03:50 AM
oh heck yes, that looks all kinds of awesome

Alucard
02-15-2008, 05:26 AM
I was watching and thinking loolol it looks the same and then I was all like OMG! Must have.

Xero
02-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Some interesting things I found out after watching carefully a few times: (updated...)

- Benimaru's costume resembles the Capcom VS SNK costume a lot.

- Benimaru also seems to have a new electric sphere move (possibly a Despertion Move).

- Terry is back to his old Fatal Fury costume. What happened to all the Garou stuff?

- Kim's multiple air kicks move, Hishou Kyaku, is back to it's KOF 2002 version.

- If you pause the video at the very first screen which shows the newly drawn Kyo and Ash, look at the life bars and the time. I think the new KOF XI "Time Count" system is back. Also the game might be back to it's old round-based gameplay as the life bars aren't completely full when that round started (Kind of pointless but who knows). Just a guess although this can be incorrect.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed that kind of hints about round-based gameplay are the team member portraits which are shown below the health bar. They are really small squares though. No extra life bars are shown like in '03 and in XI. One more hint is the KOF XI montage in the beginning of their trailer, which showed no tagging and it was based on the PS2's round-based VS mode.

- The gameplay looks slow, but I think that was done either intentionally so you could see some of the new animation in slow-mo, or because it's still under development and speed still needs to be tweaked. Should get a better idea on it's pace during the beta/location tests.

- Athena seems to have her costume changed yet again, although resembling her KOF XI school girl costume. Hopefully the pink hair is not her default color's hair -_-;

- Ash's flash kick move, Nivose, is now 4 hits. I am guessing it's the D version of the move. His projectile move's animation is new.

- The camera will zoom out when characters move further away from each other, showing more of the stage. It was done before in Samurai Showdown and Art of Fighting. The characters up close are really huge though.

- Desperation Move flashing effect seems absent when performing a DM.

I want to see Oswald again. I'll be back to my FAQ writing days.
Characters that were in one of the old posters that I am quite sure will make a return and were not featured in this video are Leona, Elizabeth Brantorche and Goro Daimon.

Really looking forward to this and sorry for the long post.

IoriYagami n8
02-15-2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.speksnk.org/speksnk/videos/AOU08_KingOfFightersXII_VGA_MotionJPEG.avi

Higher resolution video can be seen here, I'd suggest right clicking and saving rather than trying to stream it. It looks fantastic. Though the style (more animated looking) and speed of the game seems more in line with Capcom vs SNK 2. Kim looks great! Given one of the endings of the past game, I'm curious to see how Iori is handled in this one, if at all.

Xero
02-15-2008, 12:55 PM
I think it's hard for them to remove Iori from the game. Without his flames though it's going to be very interesting how he'll be changed. To be honest he's gotten very boring to use over the past games because he was never significantly changed like Kyo and K' for example. Flameless Iori for the win. I also updated my previous post and added a few more things that I noticed from the video. :D

Diavle
02-15-2008, 01:58 PM
- Terry is back to his old Fatal Fury costume. What happened to all the Garou stuff?

- The gameplay looks slow, but I think that was done either intentionally so you could see some of the new animation in slow-mo, or because it's still under development and speed still needs to be tweaked. Should get a better idea on it's pace during the beta/location tests.

What SNK has said is that from now on all their offering will be of this quality (other series as well), so what I'm hoping is that they reserved Terry's other design for MotW2.

About the framerate... according to Trieu from Snk-Capcom.com:

I think partially, it isn't his fault for his opinion, because the video that is available is not clear and a bit muddy.

I have seen the HD, uncompressed version and when this is officially released, you will all shit in your pants, even if you haven't eaten a damn thing for days.

SF4 looks amazing for sure, but it's not all about looks. I love Capcom to death, but they changed the one thing that made SF so good throughout the years and that is....the gameplay.

It's a huge change for them, but they have their reasons to go 3D as mentioned time and time again. They feel that is the way the market is going, but the 2D market, IMO, is larger and more accepted in competitive gaming.

The majority of the KOF fan base is from the Hispanic market. Call me crazy, call SNK crazy, but they are the main influence of keeping KOF XII in it's 2D format.

In a few days, just wait for the direct capture video and you'll see what you cannot see 100% now. For the rest of us who can see the details, we know KOF XII is unlike what they've done in the past.

Many fans wished for MOTW smoothness and game play. SNK Playmore delivered way more in both categories.

Sorry, I know I've hyped up previous SNK Playmore titles before (though honestly, because I am a huge fan), but this time, I'm right.

http://www.speksnk.org/speksnk/videos/AOU08_KingOfFightersXII_VGA_MotionJPEG.avi

Thanks man,

Made some captures:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavle/AOU08_KingOfFightersXII_VGA_MotionJ.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavle/AOU08_KingOfFightersXII_VGA_Moti-1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavle/AOU08_KingOfFightersXII_VGA_Moti-2.jpg

Terry, Kim and Kyo look excellent. I like how they went for the rough and tough look (but not retarded like SF4) instead of the generic anime look which I feared. Just proves to me again that SNK has some of the best artists is the biz.

I think it's hard for them to remove Iori from the game. Without his flames though it's going to be very interesting how he'll be changed.

Very true, he used to be my fave but I have long since gotten tired of him. Unless they change his gameplay (which I'm almost certain they did), I'll just stick with Kyo.

Mistatee
02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Any idea what this would be released on, aside from arcades?

Diavle
02-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Any idea what this would be released on, aside from arcades?

2009 for 360/PS3, according to some sources.

I'd love for it to come to PS2 (don't have an HDTV anyway).

Keits
02-15-2008, 02:38 PM
This looks like Mark of the Wolves with the KoF cast in high rest. Looks great.

Risky
02-15-2008, 04:10 PM
here's a higher res version (i.e., not youtube) of the same video footage, enjoy:

http://rapidshare.com/files/92016148/AOU08.avi.html

kim looks amazing.

justin_credible
02-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I'd say this will be better than Street Fighter 4 most likely. (since I'm not sure Capcom remembers how to make a good 2d fighter anymore and that's all SNK does)

Xero
02-15-2008, 04:57 PM
I read somewhere that there are speculations for a June/July 2008 release , I just can't remember where I read it (if I come across the link again I'll edit this post to add it). But then again, speculations are speculations. The only thing we know that it will be released this year for sure and we have to wait for the official KOF XII website to launch so they can slowly show us more and perhaps confirm a release date. As for consoles, I think 2009 might be it. If they release the game around October, like in KOF XI's case, it will defenitly be a 2009 release for consoles.

I am just glad that the Capcom and SNK rivalry is being re-ignited again with those two games. Street Fighter 4 is also looking good. True that 2D still remains better for fighting games of this kind but in Capcom's case, they've also done a good job. I actually thought KOF XII would maybe look something like ArcSystem's games but I can't even compare it with Guilty Gear now. Those new animations and frames look freaking marvelous.

Diavle: ...what I'm hoping is that they reserved Terry's other design for MotW2.

Amen to that man.

Sinful Sam
02-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Looking nice. Me wants.

Kiuju2k
02-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Capcom I hate you. I hate you I hate you. What have you done.

Haohmaru
02-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Here are some new images of SNK Playmore's Taito Type X2 arcade fighting game The King of Fighters XII, the game will have 3D graphics and 2D gameplay.

Who the hell wrote this shit?

coldnightmare
02-18-2008, 08:52 AM
It's got my attention. Then again I always has a soft spot for SNK games.

CHRoNo
02-23-2008, 02:05 AM
After watching the SF4 videos, i have 100% confidence that KOF12 will destroy it in every way. Well im prayin it does too! SF4 looks like a fancy SF:EX, with probably less characters :P I think the only thing that will make SF4 more popular is name recognition. But by looking at SF4 capcom dont even deserve that.

Dunno if this has been said on here, but isnt it obvious the KOF video is slow is because its actually in slow mo? As u can see theres not much footage at all, so if not in Slow Mo itd be only a couple of seconds of footage, even though it is, but even less. In my opinion it will play faster and more fluid than ever before!!
Its obvious from that video its still in early stages, i think the lifebars and ingame portraits are bound to change, lets face it its gonna get better than that :D
BRING ON KOF12!!!!

eastx
02-23-2008, 04:03 AM
After watching the SF4 videos, i have 100% confidence that KOF12 will destroy it in every way. [/B]

I don't think that will happen, because no matter how pretty KOF12 looks, it's still going to play like a KOF game. You shouldn't let a fondness for 2D visuals influence your opinion of the games' qualities too greatly. I mean, if you like KOF better in general that's fine, but a lot of people feel the Street Fighter series plays better. I plan to buy both games, myself.

Also, the SFEX comparisons are unfair because that series was made by a totally different developer than SF4 and it never really had anything going for it.

Decado
02-23-2008, 12:42 PM
I was completely ignoring the game. Didn't realize it was 2D! Sweet! 2D fighters FTW!

Dr. Bombay
02-23-2008, 02:34 PM
This may be the game that gets me to cosplay benimaru.

Beam
02-23-2008, 04:32 PM
i must say, i likes it.

CHRoNo
02-27-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't think that will happen, because no matter how pretty KOF12 looks, it's still going to play like a KOF game. You shouldn't let a fondness for 2D visuals influence your opinion of the games' qualities too greatly. I mean, if you like KOF better in general that's fine, but a lot of people feel the Street Fighter series plays better. I plan to buy both games, myself.

Also, the SFEX comparisons are unfair because that series was made by a totally different developer than SF4 and it never really had anything going for it.

ARRGGHH, my 1st post didnt work so here goes again :)

Dont get me wrong I plan to buy both also, but looking at SF4 it plays dull and slow, each time a character touches the other in some sort of way the game pauses/slowsdown for a split second. Now how can a game be exciting like that if u can predict what your opponent will do, and it wont be hard because they will have hardly any moves and combos plus plays pretty slow IMO, just like previous SF's. Whereas KOF plays alot faster more fluid and each character can be played in a multitude of ways so they are waaay less predictable, having a decent set of moves and combos aid this.
Honestly how long does each incarnation of SF take u to master? 6 months at most? or it just gets boring because its all too easily predictable. I mean for how many streetfighters could u just pick Ryu/Ken and just fireball and uppercut your opponent? Too easy.
KOF on the other hand, ive been playing 2k2 for around 5 years now and am still picking up new things here n there, although not much at all and very little things, its still very entertaining to play. That is against human opponents :D

Basically what im saying is KOF will definately have better replay value in my opinion.

[EDIT] Also just realised, SF has 6 buttons and KOF 4/5 yet KOF has waay more combos n moves, so if SF stays the same its pointless having so many buttons! Not even 1/2 of them link decently!!
eg SF Ken: Jump in Kick, then down + Light/Medium Kick and then fireball, u may get away with 1 or 2 light sweeps b4 the medium before the fireball.
eg KOF Leona(2k2): Jump in Kick, stand heavy kick(close), backwards uppercut + kick(so she attaches bomb), stand + heavy punch, forward + light kick, while in air again backward fireball + punch or for super move, fireball forward and yoga flame back + punch.
yes I know I use SF analagies(sp?) for the examples :P

:crono: KOF FTW IMO :crono:

Kiuju2k
02-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Actually Sfexplus@ was the shit. Probably the best version in the whole series. That and maybe ex3. Just some food for thought. EX series definately deserves the SF in its title. It stays true to what the game is all about which is the current problem with 4. I don't want to see that anymore. Kof is no different. They will most likely go back to previous game systems they had in previous kof games so I don't expect anything new except visuals in this game although graphically i lean towards it. Although they are remaking kof98 on taito type x 1 last i checked and that game which is a totally differrent beast althogether.

CHRoNo
02-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Yeah looking at the screens on Magic Box, i didnt expect 98 to be so blocky!! Cos it too is run on the Type X system yeah?!?

Keits
02-28-2008, 02:27 AM

Street Fighter is more popular than King of Fighters ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA.

So, your (bolded) statement is baseless.

Keits
02-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Honestly how long does each incarnation of SF take u to master? 6 months at most? or it just gets boring because its all too easily predictable. I mean for how many streetfighters could u just pick Ryu/Ken and just fireball and uppercut your opponent? Too easy.

And for YOU.... What is your definition of 'master'? Can you beat the CPU on level 8 and memorized all the special moves? Is that what you are saying? Because if you were really mastering these games in 6 months each, why haven't i seen your name at the top of any tournament results? :zzz:

eastx
02-28-2008, 02:56 AM
Gotta agree with Keits here... SF may not have lengthy combos to memorize, but it's incredibly deep and strategic. The tournament players are amazingly good.

eastx
02-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Street Fighter is more popular than King of Fighters ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA.

So, your (bolded) statement is baseless.

Ah, then please send me a copy of the King of Fighters theatrical animated movie on DVD. I've been looking forward to seeing that one.

In case you're not getting my point, KOF remains popular because SNK cranks out yearly sequels, keeping the game fresh in everyone's minds. Capcom has released no new Street Fighter games in years. Was KOF 94 more popular than the latest Street Fighter 2 when it came out? Did the KOF games outsell the Alpha/Zero series in their time? Maybe, but I doubt it.

CHRoNo
02-28-2008, 04:05 AM
No tournaments cos im in Australia, besides lost intrest in streetfighter after Alpha 2, by all means once all these are out on home systems and online tournaments introduced u will see me there!! But if SF is as boring as the old ones I wont be round for long(be all over the KOF one tho)Im not saying im a master, I meant from your perspective, it wasnt rhetorical, and yeah id say id know about 95% off all the SF moves, cmon even u guys must admit theres not that many and theyre all the same type. its either a 1/4 or 1/2 circle motion or in guiles case vertical and horizontal.
Eastx: If your talking about home consoles KOF wasnt as "distributed"(For lack of a better word) as good as the StreetFighter games. Like kiets said SF must be only more popular in the states cos down here its ALL KOF! Ask yourself this, how hard ws it for you to get the SF games released on PS1 compared to the KOF games released on PS1? And how far behind was "each year"?
Does any1 here not think Capcom cut corners on SF4? I mean set in between 2 + 3, cmon!! Weve had years of that bullsh!t with the Alphas n so on.
The title should really be Street Fighter 3 EX Alpha or sumfin :P

Im just a bigger fan of KOF than I am of SF, sorry!

I still stand by my statement though about SF4 looking like a fancy EX!!

Kiuju2k
02-28-2008, 01:11 PM
tournament players turtle. They call it spacing. I call it turtling. No skill in that. So don't mistake that for any kind of skill. That shit only works in ST/HF.

eastx
02-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Does any1 here not think Capcom cut corners on SF4? I mean set in between 2 + 3, cmon!! !

Since that's what everyone wants, I'm going to have to give them props for it. SF 3 aged the characters considerably, and not every game series is going to go the Tekken route with a bunch of old-timers in the sequels.

You can like KOF more, that's fine. But your reasoning seems silly at times.

Keits
02-28-2008, 02:16 PM
*sigh*. I think my role on this forum has been reduced to appearing when someone says something ignorant about fighting games, yelling at them, and then vanishing into the wind.

CHRoNo
02-29-2008, 01:39 PM
was that intended @ me Keits?

Hows my reasoning silly east?

Im just taking from the 4 seconds I saw of each movie :P

Trust me I grew up playing SF, I would love nothing more than for Capcom to prove themselves once again!! And yes I dont mind admiting i probably threw more money into any SF game than I did any KOF game back in the day, im just sick of Capcom disappointing me!

I havent mentioned this b4, but every now n then i play the original SF2 and love it, my goal is try to defeat dhalsim in like 3-4 seconds with Guile using "invisble throw" so far my record sits @ 92 seconds.
So I take it u guys are happy with SF4 looking like its a revamp of the SF EX series? Seriously out of all the recurring characters u saw in the movies, how many of them had new moves? All it was to me is upgraded animations and graphics for each character, it doesnt take to long to see Guile for example hasnt changed at all!! Be honest with yourself and watch a Guile movie or any character that u know well and I bet u can tell each time they throw a punch or a kick or move u know what button they are pressing cos weve seen similar animations before!!! I know im right when u see Guile duck and do a double roundhose sweep you know heavy kick was pressed, same goes with alot of other moves and characters!! FFS someone has to agree with me!! I mean cant they balance guile more and give him 3 or 4 new moves? For how many SF did we have to play and Guile had the same krusty ol 2 moves? Good on ya if u think thats all he needed but for replay value?!?! KOF only slightly varies its characters from year 2 year, but its enough to keep the game challanging and interesting. And if youve played it long enough you know its enough to totally transform a character!

Please guys dont take me the wrong way, im just sick of being disappointed in Street Fighter add ons!!! I mean when SF3 came out I made my mates give it another chance over n over again, but its just lacking sooo much that KOF can fill.

Flame me all u want, but I think Capcom have to pull some awesome tricks outta they @ss to impress me this time round, regardless of which noobie is makin it!!

PS: I try n answer your questions, now grow a set of nuts n tell mewhat u guys honestly think of SF4? Tell me u guys werent expecting more or something more different outta it!!! I bet u werent expecting it to be alot like the old SF?

Now look @ this from an unbiased view, imagine Capcom did decide to go the same route as the 1st intro demos we saw of SF4(Ken & Ryu in the field), I reckon id have a hard on still if they went slightly more original and kept the animations totally 2d and made the game run like Okami did, like someonme was constantly painting the characters into animation. Or do u guys think its cool Capcom decided to revamp the graphics of the EX series and slap a 4 on the end of it??

Oh n if any of yas are in Australia, lemme know n well meet up play some KOF n SF n see if I cant persuade u onto the KOF side :D hehehehe

Dont be upset, these are just my opinions, and being from the lowly country that im from, what difference does it make :P

Chronos
02-29-2008, 01:51 PM
holy crap it's my doppelganger! diiiieeee!

burpingcat
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM
*sigh*. I think my role on this forum has been reduced to appearing when someone says something ignorant about fighting games, yelling at them, and then vanishing into the wind.

lolololol

hey, I personally appreciate reading your comments, so don't think it's all for nothing.

Keits
02-29-2008, 10:04 PM
I appreciate the praise.

Yes, Street Fighter 4 looks like Street Fighter EX4. Yes, its shaping up to be a 3d remake of Street Fighter 2 (10 old characters, 2 new so far...). If the number of new characters is more than then number of old ones, I'll be happier, but graphically the game is undercooked and wont be looking any better at launch.

You can listen to me talking about SF4 and KoF12, and other things, on Alphaism radio from last week, if you want.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=119306

burpingcat
02-29-2008, 10:36 PM
IMO, the most interesting aspect of SF4 is the hideous faces they make when they get hit. I'm more interested in KOF12.

eastx
03-01-2008, 03:14 AM
Hows my reasoning silly east?

Well, you implied that SF4 will not be a good sequel because of the timeline it's set in. Who cares whether it's before or after 3? Like I've said before, I don't want Ryu to be an old man like Heihachi in the newer Tekkens.

As far as keeping all the old SF 2 characters and keeping their movesets intact, IMO that is one of the game's greatest strengths. There's a lot of interviews (http://kotaku.com/360397/an-interview-with-street-fighter-iv-producer-yoshinori-ono) in which the game's producer explains that decision and it makes good sense. It all comes back to how SF 3 removed all the old characters and was too hardcore so nobody liked it. I mean, yeah, tournament players like part 3, but everybody liked SF 2 back in the day. It was a phenomenon. Going back to their roots to recapture the series popularity is likely to pay off bigtime (http://kotaku.com/360635/street-fighter-iv-impressions-sf2-edition).

My only complaint about how they're handling SF 4 is the character designer. That guy sucks. He gave Chun Li man hands and gigantic, fat legs. But whether she's misshapen or not, I believe the gameplay will be as good as everyone says it is (http://kotaku.com/362630/street-fighter-iv-impressions-from-the-street-fighter-iii-perspective).

Please check out those links; they're all great.

CHRoNo
03-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks 4 the links guys, more interested in this game now :P But still prayin Capcom add a ton of more stuff into it!
Does any1 know if there will be more new faces other than Abel and Viper?
Do u think the "New Challengers" will return? DeeJay, Fei Long, Cammy and T Hawk? Would be nice if they brought them back too.

Ooops, should get back on topic, so whos keen for an XI type of battle system, whats it called Quick Shift or something? Compared to the old school 5 round system.

Alucard
03-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Definately more interested in KOF12. I'll give SF4 a shot for sure, though I've never thought much of it after alpha 2 aswell. And the fact Cammy aint in it has pissed me off. I remember back in the day when I'd obliterate the scrub Ken/Ryu players at the arcade with her. It was interesting though, KOF gamers could go to SF and play just fine, but the minute an SF player tried to challenge us on KOF they would get stomped into the floor.

KOF gamers, far more awesome. Therefore me = awesome. More awesome then burpingcat too. Like...arms stretched out wide this much awesome.

loempiavreter
03-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks 4 the links guys, more interested in this game now :P But still prayin Capcom add a ton of more stuff into it!
Does any1 know if there will be more new faces other than Abel and Viper?
Do u think the "New Challengers" will return? DeeJay, Fei Long, Cammy and T Hawk? Would be nice if they brought them back too.

Ooops, should get back on topic, so whos keen for an XI type of battle system, whats it called Quick Shift or something? Compared to the old school 5 round system.

Cammy is the only decent designed character out of those 4.

CHRoNo
03-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah she was the one I wanted back outta the 4 too :P

It was interesting though, KOF gamers could go to SF and play just fine, but the minute an SF player tried to challenge us on KOF they would get stomped into the floor.

Now what does that tell ya?!? :P I totally agree though!
If I havent played SF in AGES it takes me a coupla minutes to adjust to the much slower speed :P

KOF gamers, far more awesome. Therefore me = awesome. More awesome then burpingcat too. Like...arms stretched out wide this much awesome.

Tell me your in Victoria?!? If so hopefully ill see ya round Chinatown sometime!!
LOVE playin there, cos I know its theyre the best of the best! :D (Well from my part of the planet anyways)

[EDIT] Also lemme know when u see a 98 UM machine, regardless of whre in OZ u are, that way I know roughly when to head back there.

Alucard
03-02-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm in darwin but I'm actually thinking of heading down to melbourne for a week or so to visit my sister and brother in law. Possibly next week. I'm thinking I'd like to make it in time for the car show. That event is actually quite fun. Plus theres lots of hawtness around. loololollo.

CHRoNo
03-02-2008, 09:13 PM
hehehe yeah, gonna be a good weekend next! Future Music Festival is on next sundee so theres gonna b quality muff all over the joint!

If ya head down try and get into ChinaTown.
Incase u dunno u wanna hit a lil place on Bourke St in between Swanston and Russel Streets. Its on the North side in between Karaoke joints,(on ya left if coming from Swanston and right if coming from Russel + its closer to Russel) ull see a normal lil door with like a 2 metre corridor but ull hear the sound of the machines from outside :P
"Whitehouse" is around the corner on Russel, but its just not as good anymore. Dunno if they even have KOF there anymore, used to be practically only KOF there!

U wanna get in there n challenge any1 u can!!! Tis the best for great experience!
Place is full of Jap exchange students so u know its worth your time ;)

Xero
03-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Man if I was still in Perth...

CHRoNo
03-02-2008, 09:33 PM
u fightin the war on terror Xero 0?

Xero
03-03-2008, 04:38 AM
u fightin the war on terror Xero 0?

LOL no, I am Kuwaiti. I used to study in Australia 4 years ago. If I was still there I would love to challenge you folks, and kick Alucard's ass. :P

Alucard
03-03-2008, 08:02 AM
You'd be so busy looking at the screen that you wouldnt notice me spinkick you in the back of the head and then win the game while you lay unconcious. You lose matey.

INSERT CREDIT!

Xero
03-03-2008, 11:08 AM
You'd be so busy looking at the screen
INSERT CREDIT!

Shouldn't you be doing that, matey? hehe :P

Alucard
03-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Best way to beat someone, watch their hands. You can tell the motions they plan to do.

INSERT CREDIT!

Kiuju2k
03-03-2008, 02:02 PM
It looks like shit. But, you know what people that have played it say its pretty good so you never know. I'll keep my expectations low(this is the guy who made cfj) so maybe when it comes out it'll blow my mind.

calintz
03-03-2008, 05:17 PM
http://kotaku.com/362913/holy-crap-king-of-fighters-xii-is-100-percent-hand-drawn

The game is one hundred percent hand drawn. There is zero cell shading in The King of Fighters XII.

SNK gave us the full rundown, so here's how it worked: The original character drawings were modeled into 3D. Those 3D models were then rendered back into 2D. That way the 2D characters could have a greater depth of motion. Since the 2D models were devoid of color and details, artists went through each character, background, image and painstakingly added colors and drew in details pixel-by-pixel on a tablet PC. In one day, one artist would be able to draw one frame and a half for whatever image he or she was working on.

amazing...

Reality
03-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Sure is. But I still find it ugly. I can't lay my finger on why though..

http://3d.skr.jp/3d/src/1204106522114.jpg

Edit

Oh wait. I was thinking about the wrong game this whole time. OLOLOLolol This is a much sharper looking title.

Diavle
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
http://kotaku.com/362913/holy-crap-king-of-fighters-xii-is-100-percent-hand-drawn

Sexellent.

Can't wait for match vids to start popping up online.

Alucard
03-03-2008, 11:43 PM
They went to so much work because they plan to keep this engine for the next 15years like they did the previous one the slack bastards.

Kiuju2k
03-04-2008, 01:46 AM
^cosigned. and lawlz

CHRoNo
03-06-2008, 05:50 AM
They went to so much work because they plan to keep this engine for the next 15years like they did the previous one the slack bastards.

But if everything is hand drawn, every new KOF update after this one will be alot more work than previously wouldnt it?
Id take gameplay over graphics anyday!! Plus it looks gorgeous to me!! Specially compared to SF4 ;D

Slash
03-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Is mia in the game?

Xero
03-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Maximum Impact characters? I doubt it because the Maximum Impact series is supposed to be in another "world" so to speak. Alba would look sweet in 2-D though.

Alucard
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Chrono, I think I need to CHALLENGE you in an arcade!

Diavle
03-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Chrono, I think I need to CHALLENGE you in an arcade!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Diavle/Trap.jpg

Xero
03-07-2008, 06:15 PM
ROFL

CHRoNo
03-16-2008, 12:30 AM
HAHAHAHA, NP, when your down in Melbourne lemme know.
NONE of your cheap trix will work down here MWAHAHAHA :D

Xero
03-16-2008, 03:01 AM
Alucard, the king of deception. Be careful from his traps.

CHRoNo
03-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Oh yeah, looking at the new magicbox pics (http://www.the-magicbox.com/0803/game080320b.shtml) I think even if they didnt redo the graphics id still have a hard on for KOF XII(& still looking forward to this a million times more than SF4).
I will buy a NextGen system to ply this game if I have too.(Yes im content with my ol XBOX & PS2 still) Hope its PS3, cos I have to buy one when FFXIII comes out anyways :P

New kick for Benny?
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0803/kof024.jpg

New Super?
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0803/kof08.jpg

Also looked up the wiki page for KOF XII (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_XII)again and they have a partial returning character list and Leonas apparently back! Pardon my ignorance but can this page be trusted? Do you think theyre right about tht list?

Xero
03-22-2008, 08:48 AM
They're right about the returning characters because they were featured in a poster last year. Judging from the frame clash on the first picture, Benimaru seems to have a new C+D (blown off) attack, since Athena was using her C+D attack with the same priority resulting in a clash.

calintz
03-22-2008, 10:31 PM
there's a really good chance it will go to the PS3, logic suggest this... but what's logic these days?

CHRoNo
03-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Awesome stuff, im a BIG fan of Leona :D Xero: or could Athena be blowing him off? The effect(blue ring) seems closer to her, although im not sure of her blow off move. Not that it matters anyways, good to see theyre getting a few new moves......unlike SF4 from what I can see :P

Calintz, Id also assume PS3, plus hoping its PS3 also, i dont see why not, id say both 360 & PS3. If it were do u guys think PS3 owners would be able to battle with 360 owners? I dont own either and dont play online games(yet) so I wouldnt know if this is possble yet, or already implemented in games today.

calintz
03-24-2008, 07:51 AM
the online system is very different, so i don't think it will be possible...

if it were, we should have seen it in some multi-console FPS games... unfortunately this isn't the case...

Xero
03-24-2008, 09:09 AM
CHRoNo it looks like her old C+D frame so I guessed it may be the new frame clash system right there. We'll see more from the beta tests next month I can't wait.

CHRoNo
03-24-2008, 09:28 AM
ooohh awesome beta tests already?!?!
Cant wait!! do u get this info from that kotaku site?

Xero
03-24-2008, 01:12 PM
According to Famitsu, the first beta tests will start next month. The US will get their beta test in July.

Diavle
01-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Another location test is go, bitches.

Vids here: http://ca.youtube.com/user/tomakuntube

This build is 90% complete.

Its blazing fast now, yay.

Alucard
01-31-2009, 12:46 PM
This is looking excellent now. Still a bit pissed they gimped Andy and Joe. I'm also expecting the console version to have a couple bonus characters, possibly Mai, King or Yuri. With luck they're unlockables in the normal version. 20 characters and only 2 female ones. Still annoyed over that.

Diavle
02-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Still a bit pissed they gimped Andy and Joe.

How did they get gimped?

Just because the people playing at the loke test suck doesn't mean the characters do.

And yeah, Vanessa and Angel please.

CongoJack
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice vids, this game is shaping up incredibly well. Still think it looks better than SF4 (despite no garou outfit for terry), any word on a stateside release time frame?

Alucard
02-02-2009, 02:34 AM
How did they get gimped?

Just because the people playing at the loke test suck doesn't mean the characters do.

And yeah, Vanessa and Angel please.

Angel can go to hell. Crappy endless combo skank. Andy and Joe are now like their Fatal Fury versions. Not FF Real Bout, original FF. Gimped. Joe doesnt have his crescent kick anymore for example.

Xero
02-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Man, looks like I'm going to write an FAQ for Iori since Oswald isn't in the game. I'm glad they added the super move flash animation to the game. Shaping up great so far. Con, wait for the tier list maybe Joe has a few more things those guys in the beta test didn't figure out.

Alucard
02-02-2009, 04:53 AM
Hope so. I need that crescent kick to survive with Joe. Its my best attack.

ATMA
03-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/16/king-of-fighters-xii-screens-reveal-new-antialiasing-feature/#comments)

We're happy to be able to bring you these exclusive screens of King of Fighters XII, if only because it meant we got to look at screens of King of Fighters XII. Seriously, look at this thing. We couldn't be happier that SNK Playmore got the money together to make an HD fighter. Thanks, Doki Doki Majo Shinpan!

As far as we know, these are the first screens of the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 version, and for the most part, they look exactly like the (amazing) arcade game, with one small difference: the North American console version has an optional anti-aliasing filter for the character sprites, which is enabled in all of these screens. We think that the new art looks wonderful without any extra smoothing.

KOF XII is scheduled for a worldwide July release.

Check out the link for some of the pics with AA turned on.

:drool:

Alucard
03-16-2009, 11:54 AM
I wish they'd gotten the guy who did the portraits for the 2002 remix art. He's beyond awesome.

calintz
04-10-2009, 05:31 PM
new characters for consoles?

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/04/kof_xii_mai_k.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5207191/are-these-your-new-king-of-fighters-xii-fighters

Dr. Bombay
04-10-2009, 05:43 PM
It's not KOF without Mai or Blue Mary

Alucard
04-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Blur Mary came later. KOF needs Mai Yuri and King! Original team england!

Xero
04-10-2009, 07:06 PM
The arcade version is now officially released in Japan. Fortunately, July is just 3 months away (console version, yay), and I really hope SNK doesn't push the game back like what they did with the Orochi and NEST sagas back then.

CongoJack
04-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Hmm until I saw this I thought K' and Mai were already going to be characters in kof12, so I guess arcade is just another word for beta nowadays.

Dr. Bombay
04-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Seems that way. They're only profitable in japan.

calintz
04-12-2009, 06:12 PM
which is always a good thing

straight to console fighting games have always been broken or unbalanced, like SC3, 4 and DOA games

CongoJack
04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Ya know with DLC being more and more prevalent I don't see why balance patches aren't made mandatory for fighting games.

Bakakozou
04-13-2009, 10:23 AM
played the game recently and its looks great up close
the only thing i got bad to say about it is how insanely huge they made clark and ralf

geez the guys for sure need to stop on the protein lol

btw iori is a beast even without his powers.

Kiuju2k
04-18-2009, 11:33 PM
I think this game is beautiful. Capcom should have went this route. But didn't. My only problem with KOF honestly is the game is too "fan drive".. People are fans of the characters instead of the game and to me that really hurts it. Leaves for a lot of random match ups imo. Well with my limited experiece beyond 02. I don't know I also have come to believe this is the same flaw that destroys SF4. Too much fan input. I mean they let the fans decide who would be in the console version. Nothing but useless untested characters that can't really win anything. Maybe say gouken. That is another thread i suppose.

In retrospec a little bit of fan input is a good thing. Just it should not drive how the game is made(SF4). It should be made available the majority of players.

eastx
04-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Rose, Sakura, and Dan are all far from useless.

People aren't into the KOF gameplay as much because it's too stiff. I'm hoping they make this one easier to play - it's the first one I'm buying since Dream Match 1999 on Dreamcast.

Alucard
04-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Rose is an extremely strong character. Sakura is also deadly. And I'll destroy you all with Dan. DESTROY!

Kiuju2k
04-19-2009, 07:05 PM
^ No you won't. They really have no answer for the original 8 characters. This isn't like an online thing. I have been to gatherings I have played and have seen it. Pretty useless. All of them IMO. Should have released them in the arcade. Its funny you mention Sakura, Dan, and Rose. They play like most non charging projectile characters. So I guess right there you assume they are mid tier. Lol Sf4 how you amuse me.

In my experiences KOF is not a stiff game. I will say you are oversimplifying the game. To simply answer kof has its own flow. Just like SF2, 3, @ etc... stiff is not a good description. People used to say that about VF back in the day.

Kiuju2k
04-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Online matches are garbage btw. That is more casual than anything.

ATMA
05-11-2009, 12:25 AM
2 new characters for the home versions (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/10/two-new-characters-for-king-of-fighters-xii-coming-home/#comments)

it appears as though the home version of the game will be coming with two new characters. Elizabeth Blanctorche and a character known only as "Mature" will be joining the ranks of the already 20-character strong roster as a result of the move to console from arcades.

CHRoNo
05-11-2009, 12:38 AM
I hope we get more than Elizabeth and Mature!! Anyone know how Mature got the eyepatch? Or has it something to do with XII?

Good to see KOFXII has lobbies, suck on that SF4!! IMO Capcom will(have to) step up there game when KOFXII & BlazBlue comes out, or else SF4 will easily get left behind!
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0905/kof1209.jpg

Rose is an extremely strong character. Sakura is also deadly. And I'll destroy you all with Dan. DESTROY!

Agreed, Rose is one of my mains, hit me up with a FR, lets see how good your Dan is ;)
All the characters are good, if u dont think so, u just dont know how to use them properly.

GT = KellyNUTS on both PS3 & 360

ATMA
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
The official Twitter account for King of Fighters XII has revealed the final date for retail release: July 28. KOFXII features 22 characters to choose from and the series' tried-and-true three-on-three gameplay. The game does bring some new things to the table though, such as air guards and guard attacks, so it's not just the same old King of Fighters, only in HD. Not that that would totally be a bad thing ...

Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/14/king-of-fighters-xii-uppercuts-retail-july-28/)

Kiuju2k
07-14-2009, 02:14 PM
hehe I don't have the game anymore. I am sure I would smash you with any character from the arcade. Nobody has figured them out yet really. Nobody wants too I see people play honda before they play rose. Just my opinion of course. Its not like i am actually there seeing these things happen.

Anyway I have been playing kof a little bit lately but, it seems that not a whole lot of people at my spot are interested anymore. Blazblue took its spot. They still rather play 98. How funny.

Alucard
07-14-2009, 02:56 PM
98 is probably the best one in the series. Very good character balance and just awesome all around.

Kiuju2k
07-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah it basically is the pinnacle of the series. Kind of how ST is to a lot of people. Even though I disagree with that.

Bakakozou
07-24-2009, 04:40 PM
anybody picked up the game today?
i did but i just got off a graveyard shift so i'll play it tomorrow.

ATMA
08-01-2009, 02:07 PM
3 new chars or 3 chars that didn't make it to the list? (http://forums.ignitionusa.net/showthread.php?t=1521)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/Dark_Chaotix/P1000729.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/Dark_Chaotix/P1000738.jpg

Alucard
08-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Didnt make the list...along with move sets and half the other features that made kof what it was. Lazy fucking company.

Reko8
08-01-2009, 09:22 PM
IGN gave it a 6.0 and Gamespot a 5.0. Most reviews saying it's just disappointing and they could have done better. Kind of sucks. I was watching this one a little seeing if it would be a gem.

Kiuju2k
08-01-2009, 09:50 PM
OMG WTF H4X

loempiavreter
08-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Looks like they intended them to be bosses, from the Those From the Past group. Just look at the transformation version.

Kinda weird why they dropped of the bosses and story.

Alucard
08-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Its most likely because they had a set date to finish this and couldnt back out so they removed everything they could get away with and used the excuse of going back to basics.

loempiavreter
08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I reckon we see a KOF XII-expansion set any time soon.

calintz
08-27-2009, 12:32 AM
not sure if this is a 'chop...

http://i29.tinypic.com/123mf4h.jpg