PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo financial report

darren
10-25-2007, 05:12 AM
holy crap, Wii 13.17m sold, and Galaxy, Smash and WiiFit are not even out yet ...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/071025.pdf

is Wii on track to out sell Gamecube next year?

Escaflowne2001
10-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Good for them, the DS is good the Wii needs new games deperate.

Reality
10-25-2007, 10:05 AM
13 mill systems sold, 67% of people aren't playing, and only retro games are around to enjoy with every delayed or lack luster waggle release. The future is looking good for the gamer.

Nah I kid. Profit is always good to have. So how about a price drop already? Or at least up some budgets for games.

darren
10-25-2007, 10:07 AM
price will drop when demand goes down i guess. ala PS2 slow to come price drops.

And since WiiFit i suspect will probebly be 08's biggest selling title on any format by a mile, and thus increase demand even more i suspect no price drop till late 08 at the earliest.

Reality
10-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I really wonder how WiiFit will do. Its like a $70-$80 title isn't it? I wouldn't think that be a mill seller. Wii Sports only got where it is now cause it was a free tech demo.

darren
10-25-2007, 10:15 AM
i thought it wasw more 50-60$ . but am not sure on price to be honest. And Wii sports was nto free in japan, it was full rrp

it comes out on december 1st in japan i think, i'm betting it will be a mutli million seller hands down in Japan before the end of the year, IMO one of the biggest if the biggest sellers next year globally.

i'm sure it comes out in the new year in the US/UK and to be sold as a get fit after Xmas type thingy. The 'None' gamers will shit themselves for it. MY wife wants it. all her friends none of them with a home console all want it and are buying wii to get it in the new yearwhen it comes out .. i suspect this will happen a lot.

i really think it will sell, and in very silly numbers.

Northeastmonk
11-01-2007, 11:36 AM
"Nintendo Overtakes Sony as World's Biggest Game Software Maker

By Pavel Alpeyev

Oct. 31 (Bloomberg) -- Nintendo Co. overtook Sony Corp. as the world's biggest maker of game software in the third quarter, helped by new titles for the Wii console and DS handheld player, researcher ISuppli Corp. said.

Sales of game software for the Wii and DS rose 31 percent from a quarter earlier to $1.2 billion in the three months ended Sept. 30, ISuppli said yesterday. Sony generated $1 billion in revenue from games for its PlayStation players, and Microsoft Corp. generated $317.8 million for Xbox titles, according to the El Segundo, California-based researcher.

``Nintendo is likely to maintain its lead in this area, as it expects by the end of 2007 to ship about 200 additional titles, adding to the more than 150 games already released,'' David Carnevale, vice president of multimedia content and distribution at ISuppli, wrote in the report. The new ``Wii Fit'' game will probably boost sales, he said.

Sony, based in Tokyo, posted revenue of $1 billion from game software for its consoles in the second quarter, while Microsoft, the world's largest software maker, had sales of $271.9 million, according to ISuppli.

``Wii Fit'' features an exercise board that senses movements, building on the success of the Wii's controller, which replicates users' actions on screen. Demand for the Wii and DS prompted Kyoto, Japan-based Nintendo on Oct. 25 to raised its annual profit forecast and console sales targets a second time.

The title will be sold from Dec. 1 in Japan and next year in the U.S. and Europe.

Nintendo expects to sell 17.5 million Wiis in the year ending March 31, a 6.1 percent increase from a July forecast, and 97 million game titles, up 35 percent from its previous estimate.

DS sales will probably reach 28 million players this fiscal year, higher than the 26 million forecast in July. Sales of the software for the player are estimated at 165 million units, up 18 percent from its previous goal.

To contact the reporter on this story: Pavel Alpeyev in Tokyo at palpeyev@bloomberg.net ."
Bloomberg.com

HA! =(