PDA

View Full Version : Fable looks good...

Dark-SMOKU
12-15-2002, 01:57 AM
I must say i'm impressed. I got done reading my friends GameImformer, and the cover story was Fable. The graphics and the fact that you can do pretty much anything you want made me consider even reserving this game...which I don't do often.

It said you start off as a boy and as you progress, your appearence and skills respond to your decisions. Like if you kill some girl in the village, and she was married, the father and kid's will hunt you down. Your appearence will then change into a darker more sinister look, and you can forget about anyone selling you items or letting you sleep in the inn.

Also I thought was cool is if you get a cut and you do not put a bandage on it, it will turn into a scar.

Just thought I would share this with you. What do you guys think?

jammin27
12-15-2002, 09:10 AM
if everything so far thats been said out about this game turns out to be true then this game will be without a doubt the best game ever

gabriel
12-15-2002, 11:48 AM
Agreed. Reading about "Project Ego" was what made me want to get an XBox in the first place.

Ness
12-15-2002, 08:07 PM
It does look impresive, but this is the only game I have seen that has made me want to buy XBox. One game will not make me buy a system, unless that certain game is Mother 3/Earthbound 2.

Kid0_oIcarus
12-16-2002, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I've read about this game and it does sound freaking awesome. I hope they can deliver on half the stuff they claim- 'cause even then it'd be good. I still can't help but think that this game would've been better on my PC, though.

But I can't wait to see what this game finally turns out like... any word on when that is btw?

Also, I can't help but think that this game is a perfect fit for my PC, what are the chances of it coming out for PC? Have you played Blades of Exile or Neverwinter Nights? In it you can make your own quests, and stories. Combined that with the features in Fable, and you'd have RPG gaming nirvana.

crazytaxinext
12-17-2002, 11:53 AM
It does look great, shame it'll probably have a PAL release of summer 2004 :(

DBJAY
12-17-2002, 03:58 PM
If it does make it out in fall 2003, then Xbox will have a great Christmas season.

Mistatee
12-17-2002, 11:19 PM
It will be released in fall of 2003, it is already 60% done.
Though delays can always occur expec his one ou by Christmas
Is gonna roxxor!

typexig
12-18-2002, 03:43 AM
i know it sounds cool and all..but what's the point of the game?..do you just go around and do stuff and wait a year later and see if something happens?..

-Xig-

gabriel
12-18-2002, 08:06 AM
Xig, that's like asking if there's an actual point to GTA3 :P

Obviously there's a story, and definaite goals, but previews usually highlight the gameplay and what you can actually do in the game as opposed to just telling us the story.

Kid0_oIcarus
12-18-2002, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's going to have a story...

Anyway, so no one really knows when this'll happen??

Havoc2049
12-18-2002, 01:10 PM
Peter Molyneux does not give out release dates. He said Fable will be finished when it is finished. Molyneux will not rush the game and will try to make Fable as good as possible. Most people are guessing late 2003 or early 2004.

Mistatee
12-18-2002, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't be smart to have a game wih a fall/winter release and no ship it before christmas, but hey, it happens. Look at Panzer Dragoon, DOAX, and Capcom vs SNK 2. Ya never know

typexig
12-18-2002, 05:16 PM
yeah true that gabriel...true true..lol..=)

-Xig-