PDA

View Full Version : Sk8_or_die's mega IGN rip-off reviews!!!@!

Sk8_or_DIE
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey guys..I don't post here all that often but i figured i would give you my 2 cents..and you arse holes better not hold it against me.

I'll start by giving some DS reviews then will move on to other Big N systems seeing as I'm a lame ass fan-boy. You'll prob see some Genesis/Master system reviews too, alongside other random crap that i feel the need to judge...most likely stupid shit (pizzas, beer, comics, celebs etc)

1st up----Star Fox Command

Sk8_or_DIE
10-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Star Fox Command

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/ggoubk/5248_widescreen.jpg
(this is what the box art looks like...)

Presentation

The presentation is roughly on par with most of the DS’s other supposed AAA titles. That said, it’s “alright”. The fact that there are so many endings is all right in my books, but you need to start way back from the beginning and choose different paths to get these various endings.
(7/10)

Graphics

The Graphics are very N64…not that I have touched that system in years, but I have a vague memory of all the jaggies and un-polished objects. In comparison to other DS titles, the graphics are quite good, but that’s not saying much.
(7/10)

Sound

Sound for me is not very important for handled systems…most of the time I’m triple tasking (playing DS, watching TV and spanking my monkey). If I’m on the bus/metro I usually can’t hear the DS’s poor sound anyway. So, eh….ummmm… I’ll give the sound a 7
(7/10)

Gameplay

The Gameplay is a toss up for me. For the 1st 20 mins I was hella’ frustrated as to how you use you stylus to naviget your flightpath. Because I was rushing though the stupid pre-combat dialogue and tapping the screen like it was going out of style, I often wasted my turn. Not that it mattered because this game is as easy as Britney Spears fused with Lindsay Lohan. Anyhow, the core gameplay (Stylus only) worked wonders, and the strategy aspect was a load of fun too after 20 mins.
(9/10)

Lasting Appeal

The game is really short( less then 5Hs), but getting all the endings and characters was a blast despite the fact you had to start all the way back at the begging. Oh yeah, there is multi-player too/ Online battles which I never really got to try extensively.
(8/10)

Total

I would recommend picking this lil’ bad boy up if you feel like wasting some time, but by no means is it better then the SNES/64 version.
(7.5/10)

Sk8_or_DIE
10-02-2007, 07:36 PM
New Super Mario Bros.
It's no flippin' Mario 3!!!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/ggoubk/newsupermario.jpg
Stomp that shizal holmes!

Presentation

The presentation is all right, it seems to be well polished, but there is no flippin’ Minus world, which automatically takes off 2 points
(8/10)

Graphics

2D graphics rock…but I still think they could have done better. Some of the level designs seem kind of bland. Character models are swell.. I kind of like the 3D design.
(8/10)

Sound

I actually decided to listen to some of the tunes for this DS game, and boy was it sub-par. Take my advice and download some classic Mario 1/2/3 tunes and listen to them while playing this game.
(7/10)

Gameplay

Gameplay is classic in regards to Mario games (great). I really enjoyed mini-Mario and blueshell-Mario, but they still did not have the “wow” factor that Mario 3 had. Boss battles are way too easy, to many power-ups and where this FLIP is Yoshi. Despite me hating that dino-dragon, I miss his long, ribbed, sexy tongue of doom.
(9/10)

Lasting Appeal

The game is short, but I basically played it straight through (that’s how good it was). There are a lot of “secret paths” to complete and un-lockable warps to make your journey easier. You can end up logging 20Hs into this game if you want to get everything.
(9/10)

Total

Great game, but I guess I was disappointed because I was expecting more out of a 2D Mario. Come on Wii give me a GOLD 2D Mario, not some LAME Galaxy game.

(8/10)

Paper exe
10-03-2007, 10:47 AM
How the sound for handhold are not important!? Your reasoning doesn't make sense. I hear the sound just fine and I can hear it even if I were on the other room. You clearly wouldn't hear much in crowded places or by living in a bogan house, in any of these cases just use a headphone. Throwing games after few hours of play, playing on mutt and after all that give seven or eight of ten to them!? You are missing a lot with that attitude!

Sk8_or_DIE
10-03-2007, 03:38 PM
How the sound for handhold are not important!? Your reasoning doesn't make sense. I hear the sound just fine and I can hear it even if I were on the other room. You clearly wouldn't hear much in crowded places or by living in a bogan house, in any of these cases just use a headphone. Throwing games after few hours of play, playing on mutt and after all that give seven or eight of ten to them!? You are missing a lot with that attitude!

No no no...I dont throw them away after a few hours..these games have enough replay value..but I'm just saying if you run through them you can complete the game uber-fast.

Sk8_or_DIE
10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
FOOD:

Apples: 7/10
Oranges: 6/10

Rare steak: 8/10
Med-Rare: 9/10
Well-Done: 5/10

Lays BBQ Classic: 5/10
Lays BBQ: 9/10

I needed to get that off my chest...WOOOO!!!

Alexander
10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
You can't compare apples and oranges.

Chronos
10-28-2007, 11:59 PM
BBQ potato chips are terrible. Just as bad as salt and vinegar chips. :(
-~/10
now, sour cream and onion = :love:

Joe Redifer
10-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Oranges are waaaaaaaaaay better than apples. Apples lose. Oranges kick ass.

Paper exe
10-29-2007, 04:38 AM
ewwww raw steak with blood in side!! BOGAN FOOD!!1!