PDA

View Full Version : Namco To Make New Star Fox Game!

Overlord
05-06-2002, 08:36 PM
Namco To Make New Star Fox Game! (http://cube.ign.com/articles/358/358622p1.html)

Looks like Nintendo is trying out other 3rd party developers with there "legendary" franchises. Though not official yet. More news expected at the end of the week

...Your thoughts?

Black Ace
05-06-2002, 09:30 PM
This is great because I want another Star Fox game that is a space shooter.

Wolf
05-07-2002, 12:50 AM
I don't know man. I buy Nintendo hardware for Nintendo made software. I don't like the fact that they are licensing out top franchises to other developers. Not saying these games will be bad its just that I think Nintendo should take care of their licenses just incase they get tainted by another companies blunder. And when has Namco ever made a shooting type game?

BlueBlackRed
05-07-2002, 07:55 AM
Namco made a few 3D shooters several years ago, in the early years of the PS1. I can't remember their names, I think there was a version of Galaxians 3D, and a game called Starfighter (perhaps). They were similar to Starfox, on rails 3D shooters, and had spectacular graphics for the time. So, I don't think there's a better company out there to develop a proper Starfox game (other than NCL).

Only thing is, I hope it doesn't turn out like the Zeldas on the GBC from Capcom. Oracle of Ages/Seasons were both sub standard Zelda games, and really not that good at all. Nothing like the brilliance of Link's Awankening.

TriForce
05-07-2002, 08:41 PM
I'd much rather see Namco make Star Fox than Rare. I dread what they may have done to Star Fox Adventures... :confused:

Neologism
05-08-2002, 12:44 PM
i highly doubt rare (let alone nintendo) would want the star fox name burned by a bad game. star fox adventures would be canceled if it was so bad. its definitely a nintendo name title that cant be shit. i wouldnt worry about it :)

Rubeus
05-10-2002, 02:07 PM
Even the very first StarFox for SNES was not developed by Nintendo, it is developed by some company called Paradigm.

Black Ace
05-11-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Rebeus
Even the very first StarFox for SNES was not developed by Nintendo, it is developed by some company called Paradigm.

Sorry you're wrong there. The SNES Star Fox was develop by Argonuat and Nintendo.

Iori
05-11-2002, 01:40 PM
I remember Paradigm had developed something for Nintendo on SNES, is it Pilot Wings or something?

ATMA
05-11-2002, 01:55 PM
I think it's great what Nintendo is doing !!
and I'm sure there's nothing to worry about the games will be great ..and i can't wait for this star fox from namco i have good faith in Nintendo and Namco !!! :D

Black Ace
05-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Iori
I remember Paradigm had developed something for Nintendo on SNES, is it Pilot Wings or something?

That was Nintendo.

Paradigm made Pilotwings 64. Paradigm will be no longer working with Nintendo as Infrogrames bought them a year ago.

Bookbagninja
05-13-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Wolf
And when has Namco ever made a shooting type game?

Uh, duh. The whole entire Ace Combat series.

I think it would be a good thing to have Namco working on this game. I think all these partnerships will help Nintendo get all these games out when they're suppose to be out! No more horrendous delays. Plus, the fact that these companies (Namco, Capcom, Konami) make hot games on their own tell you that these partnerships will be very good things.

Kid0_oIcarus
05-17-2002, 03:39 PM
Nintendo wouldn't let anyone screw up their games.. they've learned from those horrid Phillips CD-i (?) games...

I know Star Fox GC will not disappoint.