PDA

View Full Version : Warhawk... anyone here play?

spider-prime
09-03-2007, 03:21 AM
I just downloaded it, I rather save the 20 bucks and not bother with the headset it comes with and get a really good one later on.

Even tho I just started like 1 hour ago, I figured out how to play really fast and they said there is steep learning curve, but wasn't too hard other than getting used to aiming.

I got banned from servers from owning too much! wo00t

Just when you're firing and it autoaims for you, throw a nade at them and BOOM! muHAAH sooo easy.

I found it funny that everyone knifes in it, it's not hard to knife in it at all espeically when its one hit kill with it and a wide range too. So I just blow them up and sneak up on people later and get them.

Deathmatch is just too hectic, I spawned in just to die half the time, Team Deathmatch is better and a lot more fun IMO.

Once I get more used to it, It will be a lot of fun, good fast pace action.

Flying is fun, but I didn't care to use the motion controls for it, so I turned them off.

But it's easy to get shot down and killed in the game till you can find good spots to snipe people with :kefka:

progmetal
09-03-2007, 04:37 AM
I play it whenever I got the time. It's really fun, even if I get owned alot of the times. :sweat:

Just played a deathmatch on a US server right now, and the map was so small, and very hectic. So team deathmatch is more my pace.

How do you evade a lock on in a warhawk, spider? I just try to turn kinda frantic to avoid it, which sometime works.

Alucard
09-03-2007, 07:24 AM
High learning curve yet it has autoaim? Dont think I need to add anything to that one.

spider-prime
09-03-2007, 12:46 PM
cause it doesn't work the way I make it sound, it only locks if the aim is on him and goes red and you have to keep pressing it the shoot button, if you don't, it will fly right off of him and the guy will probably kill you. I have to set my sensitivity on low, I suck moving the aimer with the analog stick if it's on high.

And flying the warhawks takes some getting used to, they have 2 different flight modes, hover and jet mode, I fumbled with them a bit :(

But I just used the Chaff to get rid of missiles, everytime I try to shake them off, I usually run into a building or something haha

I hope when updates come out for it, they add more vehicles to it :D

folken001
09-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I play too. It took me 5 mins to get used to just about everything in the game.

Trying to escape missiles while in hover mode is impossible, that's a no brainer. However, you can use burst to escape while twirling around with the right analog stick going up and down at the same time if you are out of chaff. Most of the time I just burst away because you would have to switch to chaff manually to use it. A lot of time I forget or can't react fast enough.

DM is one of the modes I like. I hate Flag. You should try zone. It's not bad. It's very BF2142-ish.

Alexander
09-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Damn this game looks fuckin' awesome.

spider-prime
09-03-2007, 02:38 PM
I love using the rocket launcher.

Oh yeah, do this in deathmatch mode, for some reason, you can go inside a tank even if someone is already in it and just wait for the armor to be nothing, get out, and throw some Frag nades at it and boom, easy kill hahah I got kicked for doing that from 3 servers today haha

Shorty0061
09-03-2007, 03:50 PM
i've played it a bit. quite fun.

Chronos
09-03-2007, 08:16 PM
i have the game, and i activated my internet so hopefully i could connect, but it says my MTU settings are too low and i need to go in and change them, which is a problem since atm i have no computer. the making-of clip is nice........

KingSlayer
09-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Got to check it out, it's pretty nice I must say...The flying takes a bit getting used to...

AmishNazi
09-04-2007, 12:34 AM
i have the game, and i activated my internet so hopefully i could connect, but it says my MTU settings are too low and i need to go in and change them, which is a problem since atm i have no computer. the making-of clip is nice........

192.168.1.1 or 192.168.15.1 or whatever your router's default gateway is inside the PS3 web browser.

SavedFromSin
09-04-2007, 02:09 AM
as soon as i get my ps3 in october i plan on picking this one up right away. cant wait!

sideshow
09-04-2007, 02:43 AM
The game is made by the company who made Twisted Metal Black so it shows why it kicks ass. I just hope they make a new Twisted Metal for the PS3 eventually.

Chronos
09-04-2007, 11:43 AM
192.168.1.1 or 192.168.15.1 or whatever your router's default gateway is inside the PS3 web browser.

it's not that setting.

"Xbox Live requires a minimum MTU setting of 1364. ... supports this feature, see the router support documentation or contact the router support group. ..."

doesn't let me connect to psn either.

called support and they said i need to verify whether my cable modem is compatible w/ xbl.

AmishNazi
09-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Be better off to call your ISP.

darren
09-04-2007, 03:30 PM
agreed .. the router settnigs need changing ..

i had to do that with mine for xbl and psn to work .. had to go into setting and beef up the wifi signal for them to work correctly.

folken001
09-05-2007, 03:02 AM
it's not that setting.

"Xbox Live requires a minimum MTU setting of 1364. ... supports this feature, see the router support documentation or contact the router support group. ..."

doesn't let me connect to psn either.

called support and they said i need to verify whether my cable modem is compatible w/ xbl.
What do you have down there? Bright House?

Chronos
09-08-2007, 04:24 PM
comcast cable or bellsouth dsl are the options down here. there might be a couple more but those are the main high speed providers. comcast offers 8meg speeds so i went with that. as soon as xp arrives (yes, i bought it like an exploited bitch) i'll be able to get on live and psn since according to CS, the MTU is assigned when the modem software is installed or some such bullshit. warhawk is pretty damn fun. played it at a friend's. currently occupying my time with a bioshock hard diff/rescue only run so i can see the real ending.

TheHardware
09-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I Have warhawk also. I have a clan, if anyone is interested in joining ...add me or send me a message. Name = Strboymo

Im pretty damn good. check my stats

speaking of which, the stat sheets are almost too detailed... there are stats for stats..i love this damn game

spider-prime
09-11-2007, 11:01 PM
My stats aren't saving to my profile :( I've finally starting to get good at the game and getting tons of ribbons and higher ranks, but it's never saving. So it still says I'm a recruit with 0 points.

spider-prime
09-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Someone was using my name while I was playing! DEATH TO WHOEVER THAT WAS!

I killed him a lot, so he sort of got the death he deserves!

Chronos
09-14-2007, 10:46 PM
gd it i need to get on this game.

spider-prime
09-14-2007, 11:43 PM
stupid assholes kept tking me while me and nes4ever were playing! So I RAN THEM ALL OVER till I got kicked from the server.

They tked me and when I do, ohhh noes stoping that spider-man I was like FUCK YOU! and ran that guy over for a 2nd time!

NES4EVER
09-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Ya I was wondering where you went Spidey. My stats are finally working now although my first 5 games were unranked today which I didnt realize so those didnt add in. Didnt know that the blue servers were the ranked games.

Saved suggested we start up a MB clam so I made the (Team MB) and sent out the invites. Most likely will be a stopgap clan for most once they get better and want to join bigger/better clans, which is cool, but anyone that wants to join lemme know.

This game is very addicting...

spider-prime
09-15-2007, 12:05 AM
yeah I went up 5 ranks :D

I love running people over with the jeep :D

progmetal
09-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Alot of funny episodes in Warhawk, as this one from a poster at the ps3forums which made me laugh out loud:

True, I launched a tow missile into what I thought was my oppenents base and took out almost my entire team. I thought what the hell TEAMKILLS all over the show. I then noticed that I just fired the missile into my own bass by mistake. I didnt get kicked or banned thank god but was then hunted down and killed by everyone. I turned a CTF team game into a CTF lets all kill DParadise game.

:lol:

spider-prime
09-16-2007, 06:15 PM
hahahahha I did that too, it's hilarious

Chronos
09-16-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm on. IIJacobII is my psn id. Add me i'll be playing warhawk like a fiend today.

NES4EVER
09-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Won't get to play any games till Friday when I get home :(

My poor, poor PS3 will be lonely..

Finally learned how to use the turrets and rocket launchers effectively and getting better in the warhawks as I just hang low and joust in on other planes instead of fighting in the middle of the maps where other turrets can zero in on you.

Have fun!

spider-prime
09-17-2007, 02:52 AM
yeah never go into the main battle and take pickings where the retards are distracted, easy kills

and if you can, fire your missles at them up close, they won't be able to get away from them then.

Vegetto
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
game looks freakin fun, I will own this someday

Chronos
09-19-2007, 03:47 PM
i recently discovered the stats page and i now play ranked games, mostly dogfighting/DM or TDM because i hate getting shot down by turrets and i'm consistently in the top 4. zones is a great game mode also but i personally hate CTF.

progmetal
09-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I like CTF because there's the only place I get over 100 points in one game. I usually guard the flag. Haven't got the hang of flying yet.

Chronos
09-19-2007, 06:19 PM
yeah for me i got warhawk mainly for dogfighting. i've been waiting for a decent online multiplayer dogfighting game for a long time. it's really addicting. loving the cluster bomb and the bullseye tracking missle that i just realized u can remote detonate by pressing LB. fly the missle anywhere near another plane and detonate....before i was trying to fly the missile directly into the oncoming plane which is a crapshot.

spider-prime
09-19-2007, 09:53 PM
I just own! progmetal saw my 79-11 score that one map :D

Chronos
09-19-2007, 11:07 PM
that's an insane score. you must get clan invites alot pulling that off.

I'm only ok dogfighting otherwise.....

spider-prime
09-19-2007, 11:42 PM
surprising.. I don't :( it's weird, I'm always top player half the time or at least 2nd or 3rd. But nobody ever does :(

Using the Tanks are AWESOME! If you can time it just right, you can blow a warhawk out of the sky hahaha I did that twice now, hilarious.

Chronos
09-20-2007, 12:18 AM
just went up another rank--sgt. major now.

send a friend r/q to IIJacobII because i couldn't send one to your name for some reason.

SavedFromSin
09-20-2007, 01:17 AM
My freaking internet has been down for a week! now that it is back up i can finally actually start playing this game especially since i beat RFOM. ill look for you guys when i am on.

spider-prime
09-20-2007, 11:57 AM
just went up another rank--sgt. major now.

send a friend r/q to IIJacobII because i couldn't send one to your name for some reason.

yeah I'll do that next time I'm on, I've been playing the team fortress 2 beta and my PSP that I just got a lot while off and on with warhawk.... I'm going to be so busy in nov. soo many good games coming out! Next is HL2 and portal!

progmetal
10-23-2007, 02:24 AM
A new patch coming:

Warhawk v1.2 Patch

+ Posted by Dylan Jobe // Game Director, Warhawk

Ok … so last week I posted about our v1.1 patch which mainly dealt with core stats and connection issues. Today, I’d like to let all of you know what’s included in the v1.2 patch that is being tested right now.

Patch v1.2 addresses some main requests that our community has made as well as fixes the primary exploits and glitches … and adds some new layouts!

Patch v1.2 includes:
* 5 New layouts.
* Clan game server option.
* Buddy slot reservations.
* Integrated Warhawk Store.
* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.
* Internal stat padder protection.
* Booster Pack status display at join game list.
* DualShock3 integration.
* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).
* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.
* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).
* Added new server full/open filter.
* Fall damage exploit fixed.
* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.
* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.
* Auto-kick of idle players.
* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.
* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

There are a couple of items on this list that probably need a bit more clarification :-)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2015/1692201877_5a9ea76361_o.jpg

The new clan-game server option lets you set 2 clan names, one for the Eucadian team and one for the Chernovan team. Then, when you launch the game, the server will auto-sort the clans on the correct teams. The server will also only allow members of those 2 clans to connect. Clan games are also displayed in a different color at the join game list.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2312/1693309388_e59a9de24c_o.jpg

Buddy slot reservations allow you to specify a number of player slots on the server that *only* players in your PSN buddy list can join. So go ahead and kick up a game and you can always make sure that you friends can jump in with you and get their Warhawk on!

We also fixed what a lot of players refer to as the “tank” glitch. This actually could happen to turrets and Warhawks too. It is an annoying exploit and we’re happy to have it fixed – I’m sure all of you will be too!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2350/1692202283_85503fd7fc_o.jpg

We enabled DualShock3 functionality in the V1.2 patch too … maybe you all have heard something about this or read about it on the internet? Ha Ha :-)

The Warhawk Store is also going to be enabled in v1.2. This allows players to purchase Warhawk content, Booster Packs, etc from within Warhawk, rather than going through the XMB and then to the store – this is mainly for convenience.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2361/1692457689_580582bf26_o.jpg

And of course some new layouts – as you’ve seen from the images scattered throughout this post!

We have found that while a lot of players like playing the really large games, there was a pretty big segment that was playing smaller games. With that trend, we wanted to rig some new layouts that are more geared for smaller games; 4 to 8 players. The new layouts are:

* Eucadia: High City
* Island Outpost: Standoff
* The Badlands: South City
* Destroyed Capitol: Garden Showdown
* Archipelago: Close Corridors

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2186/1693310470_2719b96170_o.jpg

So there you have it. The update list for patch v1.2 that is currently being tested right now and we are tracking an early to mid December global release.

And of course I can’t end this post without mentioning the Booster Pack. So there, I said it…”Booster Pack” :-)

LOLOLOL

No seriously … my next post in just a few days will give you all a glimpse of an internal gameplay session we had with the Booster Pack. It’s just a glimpse because as I’ve said before, our top priority has been on the v1.1 and v1.2 updates.

Over and out…

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

spider-prime
10-23-2007, 03:37 AM
crap, they're going to sell us content updates. I wish companies would stop doing this, I wouldn't care if they were really cheap, but most are like 2-5 bucks sometimes more just for maps or a new weapon or some crap like that.

If they're free, then I won't care, but if not, booooooooooooooooooooo!

AmishNazi
10-23-2007, 04:35 AM
Hopefully a "booster" is a "expansion" equivalent

TheHardware
10-23-2007, 05:42 AM
2-5 bucks is cheap...lol well i guess it depends on what your buying.

Chronos
10-23-2007, 05:51 AM
It would be nice if they made it free but honestly that's never going to happen on the console side. I've had to pay for every stupid map expansion for rainbow6, GoW, etc.

progmetal
10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
These two patches here, v1.1 and v1.2 are going to be free.

darren
10-23-2007, 10:16 AM
since they are "PATCHES" with bug fixes etc, and not just a map pack i should bloody hope they are free ... lol..

progmetal
10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes, plus there are 5 new map layouts.

darren
10-23-2007, 10:21 AM
but they are in the patch, they will never charge for a patch, if they wanted to charge for the 5 new maps they would pull them out the 1.2 patch and sell them as a map pack on PSN.

progmetal
10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Probably, yes.

spider-prime
10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
2-5 bucks is cheap...lol well i guess it depends on what your buying.

not talking about one thing to download, look at ridge racer, it's got tons of things to download, there are a lot of people who like to have a complete game and these things kind of ruins it.

Spider-man 3 for the PS3 has play with the goblin for 6.99...... I maybe a fan, but I'm not stupid. It's called easy cash grab. These sort of things are so small they should be free and included with the game and not charge to pay.