PDA

View Full Version : sports games!

k0ach
05-06-2002, 01:59 PM
i haven't seen any threads on sports games at all. who here plays any? i mostly like football and baseball games. i absolutely love highheat2k3 for the PC (hear its good for PS2 as well) and occaisionally play nfl2k2 and ncaa2k2 for DC. i do like EA's nhl series of games too but don't own it on any system.

k0ach
05-09-2002, 12:10 AM
no one here plays sports games?

typexig
05-09-2002, 12:42 AM
yup.. i love basketball..but the only good bball game out there is NBA Street!..i play football games too..but i dont get into it as much as bball games..as for baseball game..whats fun bout baseball games? you dont really control the player..all you do is press the swing button or the throw button..im not dissing baseball games, im just saying that, its not as fun as playing a bball game or a football game..=)

-Xig-

hootie17
05-09-2002, 09:20 PM
I don't leik sport games, mainly action and RPG's

k0ach
05-10-2002, 07:13 PM
whats fun bout baseball games? you dont really control the player..all you do is press the swing button or the throw button

go play high heat baseball. you don't just puch swing or throw. it has the best pitcher/batter interface. you have to aim your pitches, decide what pitch you want and if you want to throw for a strike, ball, or aiming at the batter. the hitting isn't just timing the swing either. it's about where on the bat you hit the ball that determines if it's a hard hit liner or a week dribbler. timing helps to, you can pull the ball if timed right or wait on a pitch and hit to the opposite field.

baseball and football games are the best type of games to simulate because there is a stop in play after every pitch/down, i.e. the action isn't continuous. basketball, hockey, and soccer games i don't like as much cuz you have tons of players on field/court/ice but you only control one of them. i HATE passing in these types of games where you suddenly switch from computer controlled to player controlled character.