PDA

View Full Version : Steel Battalion

Vicviper
12-12-2002, 10:51 AM
Was anyone lucky, or rich, enough to get this game? If so I would like to hear some thoughts from my fellow board members.

Cobi*
12-12-2002, 05:10 PM
no i'm not rich enough to afford it :D something about paying $200 for a game seems so wrong... i don't think even square could get me to.... let's not think about that one :P

anyways, i too am interested in getting some actual users feedback on this game. it looks really cool (not that i would buy it, mind you) but the two or three reviews i've read have been all over the place. there doesn't seem to be a common consensus on whether this game is good or bad.

Vicviper
12-12-2002, 05:41 PM
I've been known to do foolish things and pay a lot for a video game so if the game was worth it I would pay a hefty price for it.
I payed $125 for Dracula X on the Turbo Duo and I don't regret paying that much. People would say that I'm crazy to spend that much on a video game but it's my hobby and it's what I like to do. I mean it's better than spending $125 bucks on a boink from a hooker or a high from a drug. Atleast I would have something to show for it, well I would probably have an STD to show from the hooker. But that's not what I would want.
Anyways that's why I want to hear some actual reviews from my fellow board members before I make the investment.

Neo Otacon
12-13-2002, 06:25 PM
I've heard Steel Battallion is well worht the money.. as well as Akumajo Dracula X...

Cobi*
12-13-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Vicviper
I've been known to do foolish things and pay a lot for a video game so if the game was worth it I would pay a hefty price for it.
I payed $125 for Dracula X on the Turbo Duo and I don't regret paying that much. People would say that I'm crazy to spend that much on a video game but it's my hobby and it's what I like to do. I mean it's better than spending $125 bucks on a boink from a hooker or a high from a drug. Atleast I would have something to show for it, well I would probably have an STD to show from the hooker. But that's not what I would want.
Anyways that's why I want to hear some actual reviews from my fellow board members before I make the investment.

ahh, games, hookers and drugs. is there really anything more to life? :D

Havoc2049
12-14-2002, 12:41 PM
I've spent $100 for a copy of Battlesphere for the Atari Jaguar.
I thought about buying Steel Battalion, but for some reason, MechAssualt just looked better to me. I like games set in the Battletech universe, when I want some Mech action. Maybe if I saw someone playing this game and then I could see if I really liked it, then I might get crazy and buy SB.

Vicviper
12-16-2002, 08:11 PM
I would like to see it in action also but you know if you procrastinate you will lose. Either you won't be able to find a copy ever or you will pay an absurd amount for it on Ebay. I just might get the damn game based on the "professional" reviews I've read.

Cobi are you a naughty boy that deals with the underbelly of society? :haha:

jammin27
12-16-2002, 09:53 PM
the game has no multiplayer whatsoever and i dont know how much replay value it has, once u beat u may play it again

then theres the talk of nintendo buying capcom (i dont believe it but its possible and all cause of what happened with rare) and if they do then there wont be that sequel that will supposedly be on live, so your stuck with a 200 controller that cant do jack for u
so i dont think its worth getting this game

Mistatee
12-17-2002, 10:17 PM
I must be a lucjy rich bastard...
I am they few, the proud, the owner of Steel Battalion!

The game is very nice, and very long. Deffinely worth every penny!
My only problem wih it is the lack of mutliplayer.

It is rumored hat a sequel will have online play withuse of his 20 pound conroller though!

My prayers could be answered

I PITY THE FOLL WHO DONT PLAY SEEL BATTALION

Monkey-King
12-18-2002, 02:11 PM
I think the game is well worth the $200+ it cost. It is a botique item and the fact that not everyone will have one makes its worthwhile being one of the few.

I 20 years having a working Steel Battalion controller will pay you back well.

vherub
12-18-2002, 02:50 PM
I spent $250 on Halo (but it came with a free xbox and a slightly lighter controller than steel battalion's)

but seriously, if you break down price by hours spent on a game and you enjoy the game, then even if it might seem like a lot of money up front, spending that type of coin is a much better deal than buying a garbage game for $50, playing it for an hour, then never using it again

Mistatee
12-21-2002, 08:40 AM
Like i said before, worth every penny.
The problem isnt the money, its finding one
The one flaw(besides being giant, and expensive)is the cinemas.
They are poor, but they also arent frequent or long so it wont bother any1 but reveiwers:cool guy: