PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 R&D | comfirmed

Black Sugar
12-10-2002, 05:17 PM
Dans une Interview accord?e au magazine japonais Famitsu Xbox, Hirohisa Ohura, Managing Director de Microsoft Japon, annonce que la Xbox 2 est actuellement en d?veloppement en pr?cisant que la future console sera beaucoup plus petit que la Xbox actuelle. Hirohisa Ohura s'attend ? ce que la PlayStation 3 arrive sur le march? en 2005, Microsoft travaille d?j? sur diverses strat?gies pour faire face ? la concurrence.

In an Interview granted to the Japanese magazine Famitsu Xbox, Hirohisa Ohura, Managing Director de Microsoft Japan, announces that Xbox 2 is currently under development by specifying that the future console will be much smaller than Xbox current. Hirohisa Ohura expects that PlayStation 3 arrives on the market in 2005, Microsoft works already on various strategies to face competition.

source | Newtechnix

Cobi*
12-10-2002, 06:26 PM
that's so weird that he would specifically say that xbox2 would be smaller than xbox1. i thought the design of the console was secondary to the engineering of the hardware and couldn't really be helped (at least that's how ms explains it).

also weird is how they focus on the size of xbox2. xbox1 isn't doing poorly in japan because of it's size :rolleyes:

Reality
12-10-2002, 06:35 PM
I have the felling even with a smaller box it's going to weigh the same. Though making it smaller would mean OXM won't be able to promote with intelligent reasons such as it makes a great booster set.

XzenoGear
12-10-2002, 08:21 PM
HELLO! PLANET EARTH! MICROSOFT! ARE YOU RECEIVEING?

Mr Gates, please sell off the standard xboxs off(especially in Japan) the think about Xbox2.

Mikeru83
12-11-2002, 01:07 AM
*shrug* I thought the smaller PSOne was cool. Though, I guess the Xbox2 couldn't be that small. Yet, technology is advancing at a ridiculous pace and things are getting smaller.

Ex: (shameless plug) i-River SlimX 400 *drool*

Black Ace
12-11-2002, 01:29 AM
Smaller by how much? Xbox is big and bulky because of the built in harddrive, and the next Xbox will undoubtfully be just as heavy if not as big. The GameCube may be small, but it quite heavy as well. I the Xbox 2 has a flat top surface, the dimension and designs of the current Xbox is quite hideous, with those ridges lines.

As I reported a few weeks back, Rare has already begun researching and is developing something major for the next Microsoft console launch.

As for the current Xbox, I hope to see Conker, Banjo-Kazooie(which is one of my favorite platform game ever), Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark and that mysterious MMORPG they are working on and especially a new Blast Corps title, that is by far, the most innovated game of the last generation. Regardings Rare online game, it some sort of strategy games, rumored to be similar to Pikmin. Rare registered some trademark name a week ago, "my garden" or something of that nature. Well looks like Rare will soon be Microsoft premiere game studios in diversity and of course, quality.

Kid0_oIcarus
12-11-2002, 07:55 AM
Just you wait till they release a title.
It'll happen... them releasing it I mean.

But on the subject of a smaller Xbox.
Watch it end up only slightly bigger than a 'cube.
I always said the Xbox is ugly and that's one of the reasons I'd never purchase one.

Also I don't see why MS couldn't have made the Xbox smaller- technical limitations my foot- sure they'd have more pieces to work on the puzzle with- but Nintendo found a way to make the GC tiny. It involves folding the mainboard. Innovative? Maybe. Cool? Yes.

DBJAY
12-11-2002, 10:44 AM
If they improved the dimensions/design to resemble a high end DVD player, large but sleek looking, that would be great. Maybe they could put the hard drive under the dvd drive?

Reality
12-11-2002, 12:07 PM
Though smaller is better it's more pricy. So I think Microsoft may want to make some money for a change on the Xbox 2 so I'm not looking for anything in the compact lab top design area.

Dark-SMOKU
12-15-2002, 01:05 AM
DBJAY, if they did that it would look like a PS2.