PDA

View Full Version : Just read that the first Square-Enix collaboration will not be on the PS2

Investor27
12-07-2002, 12:53 PM
Read that the first game of the two companies will be a new Parasite Eve game. Wouldn't that cinematic game be best suited on the PS2? Does anyone know if it will be released on the PS2 as well, or is it a Gamecube's exclusive?

Nindalf
12-07-2002, 01:10 PM
it comes on both GC and PS2(I think)

flamingspiral
12-07-2002, 01:11 PM
From what sources show, Parasite Evil will be on both the Game Cube and the PS2. Here, this thread will answer all your questions...

New Square Enix project on Gamecube and PS2 (http://http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2232)

Baka Neko
12-07-2002, 03:42 PM
I think it doesn't matter if it comes to either Gamecube or PS2. A game cube costs as much as 3 games.

I know everyones not rich enough to buy multiple consoles but please be honest to yourself, Gamecube is the cheapest console.
If you are spending your time writting to forums instead of working then you can spare that much, by workin some more...:)

Go and buy one. I will buy one as soon as I can find a reasonable way to get one, and decide on not to buy a Panasonic Cube.

But I still don't think I will buy an xbox, still not enough games to make it worthy for buying...

Twelve
12-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Baka Neko

If you are spending your time writting to forums instead of working then you can spare that much, by workin some more...:)

Haha....funny. That was a good one. There is actually a bit of logic there...(and I'm not being sarcastic!)

Seska
12-08-2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Baka Neko

What about those of us with jobs so lenient that we kill time writing on these forums WHILE at work? Huh? HUH!?! HUHUHUHUHUH!?!?!?!

;p

Alucard
12-08-2002, 05:01 AM
Work..my arse! If your WORK is so linient that you spend most of the day browsing forums and other net places then you shouldn't even be claling it work! Lucky bastards!

Seska
12-08-2002, 06:30 AM
Yep.

I work for the government. :p

And best of all, its a 8-3 job. :p

Cobi*
12-08-2002, 08:49 PM
:haha: i don't have a job right now but i find this thread so incredibly funny!!

Baka Neko
12-09-2002, 06:58 AM
What about those of us with jobs so lenient that we kill time writing on these forums WHILE at work? Huh? HUH!?! HUHUHUHUHUH!?!?!?!

;p

Then sell somethin on ebay or do some easy work like that and then buy the other console you want.

Once there was a site called jaboom, which gave amazon gift certificates for rating songs...

Renegade X
12-10-2002, 09:52 AM
Well, I haven't seen any real credible sites post this little bit of news. The Magic Box being one of those sites. Both Square and Enix have a rep of being PS2 only game developers. Besides, Enix has way too many other games under dev. and Square is working on FFXII and in negotiations with Disney for Kingdom Hearts 2, with all the titles they already have listed as under dev. I wouldn't count on this rumor actually being true. But then again, I'm not some all knowing omni human with mind reading powers.

Kid0_oIcarus
12-10-2002, 04:05 PM
What? There goes THAT bet.

Now how else am I supposed to get money to buy other consoles??

Hey, Seska- what do you do, and what government do you work for?

wunko
12-11-2002, 12:56 AM
I hope the rumor of PE Rebirth is true. That'd be great to see a remake. I liked PE1 but I only watch my brother play PE2. A PE3 on PS2 would be even better though!

Seska
12-11-2002, 05:00 AM
I work for the Spanish government. When they actually have WORK for me to do, I mostly translate spanish/english/german documents.

Rubeus
12-11-2002, 05:34 AM
It seems like the first real Square-Enix game is "Dragon Lagoon", it is an official title announced in Famitsu. There is no mention of Parasite Eve Rebirth in any magazine coverage, is this bogus or real?

Lionheart
12-15-2002, 04:26 AM
Perhaps Nintendo's Megaton has something to do with Square. Maybe they are getting exclusive rights to one of Square's RPG series: Chrono, Seiken Densetsu, etc.

Sony will have less control of Square after the Square Enix merge. So anything can happen, maybe Sakaguchi will move the main Final Fantasy series onto the GameCube, exclusively.

Zod
12-15-2002, 01:26 PM
I doubt Sony will get screwed too much. The highest sales ever for Square are with Sony and not Nintendo.

Renegade X
12-15-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Lionheart

Sony will have less control of Square after the Square Enix merge. So anything can happen, maybe Sakaguchi will move the main Final Fantasy series onto the GameCube, exclusively.

Um, have you seen the development list for Enix??? 80% PS2 and 20% GBA and Network games. I don't see Enix dev. for the Gamecube. Besides, the Cube is getting the Alternate FF series, Crystal Chronicels and the Orginal FFs will most likely stay on the PS2, why? the PS2 has more units out there in the market. The PS2 won't get screwed at all. Enix devs too heavily for the PS2 and so does Square, so all you GC fanboys better thing twice before you think Square and Nintendo have fully kissed and made up.

Zod
12-15-2002, 04:12 PM
Sony is causing quite a nuissance with Square's plans with their refusal to internationally release the HDD that Final Fantasy XI flat-out needs, and since Square has spent millions of $$$'s during a period in which it already has money problems on FF XI, it could be viewed by Square and now Enix as large enough of a nuissance to reconsider future Sony releases.

Renegade X
12-15-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Zod
Sony is causing quite a nuissance with Square's plans with their refusal to internationally release the HDD that Final Fantasy XI flat-out needs, and since Square has spent millions of $$$'s during a period in which it already has money problems on FF XI, it could be viewed by Square and now Enix as large enough of a nuissance to reconsider future Sony releases.

Well, FFXI is the only game out there at the present that really needs a HDD, plus thats not the only reason Square is having problems getting FFXI out to other countries.... nobody is willing to take on the huge server computers that it's going to need to run in other places. Besides, the XBOX has a hard drive..... why doesn't Square release it on the Box? Because they have a good relationship with Sony, and as I said, Enix is virtually sleeping with Sony, so to speak, the only other platform they have really developed games for is the Gameboy Advanced.

Reality
12-15-2002, 06:30 PM
I see what your saying but the Gameboy Advance has only, one title? I'm not very sure. The Gamecube has one title also.

Zod
12-15-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Renegade X

Well, FFXI is the only game out there at the present that really needs a HDD, plus thats not the only reason Square is having problems getting FFXI out to other countries.... nobody is willing to take on the huge server computers that it's going to need to run in other places. Besides, the XBOX has a hard drive..... why doesn't Square release it on the Box? Because they have a good relationship with Sony, and as I said, Enix is virtually sleeping with Sony, so to speak, the only other platform they have really developed games for is the Gameboy Advanced.

The various incarnations of FF-X that'll never see a US release also use the HDD to speed up load times and improve overall game performance. Developers can only release what they can sell to customers, and they simply can't sell HDD-compatible games here until Sony quits farting around and releases the HDD so they can make use of it for even off-line games like they're starting to do in Japan.

Why doesn't Square release for the X-Box? The last I heard, it's a rumor that Square-Enix said they'll NEVER release games on the X-Box. My best guess is because they'er both located in Japan, and from the Japanese view, the X-Box is doing so very poorly there. Japan is their key market after all. Japan gets everything first from them and gets many thing no one else in other countries will ever get.

Renegade X
12-15-2002, 07:04 PM
Well thats what I mean Zod, the Gamecube will most likely never have a harddrive, because Nintendo has always been about giving good hardware but keeping it as cheap as they could get it. Plus theres no cames in amercia, yet, that need the HDD, Everquest Online Adventures will definately need one so hopefully by spring it will be here, but that still doesn't solve Squares server hosting problem. And if Japan is only now starting to use the HDD on offline games, it will be 6 months before the US does the same.

Zod
12-15-2002, 07:57 PM
Everquest won't need the HDD immediately but will most likely need it for expansions. I have the beta test game and the HDD is definitely not needed to play it at this point.

Japan starting releasing HDD-compatible offline games mid-2001 with FF-X (probably the first), but the HDD support was removed from the US and international releases because of the lack of HDD internationally, so it's been longer than a year since Japan first starting HDD supported games, while the rest of the world is still waiting for Sony to quit farting around. Since FF-XI costed Square millions in a period in which it was hemmoraging cash and couldn't afford any more losses, I doubt they appreciate Sony's delay with the HDD, and I still do believe that they'll remember it with future releases, and Sony will also see more games either shared with Nintendo or games flat-out lost to Nintendo in the future. As a PS/2 owner I think it sucks but I do believe Sony jeopardized things with their farting around. Square never invested millions into a Nintendo game under a promise from Nintendo that a given add-on will promptly be available to make use of the game.