PDA

View Full Version : Xbox, banned in Japan

Pause
12-05-2002, 11:17 PM
-Akihabara, Japan

Apparently Microsoft's videogame console the Xbox (or Baby Smasher as it is called in the land of the rising sun) has been banned by the Japanese government. Microsoft, frustrated with extremely low sales numbers, began giving the machines away for free at game shops & 7/11 stores. In the first week, 3 Xboxes were actually accepted by Japanese gamers, free of charge.

The trouble started on November 21st, when an enterprising young man from Tokyo began a trade in program. In exchange for an Xbox console, the entrepenuer would give the customer a pair of Z Cavaricci blue jeans, a back scrubber & a pack of Mentos (the fresh maker). Needless to say, with this bargain, the free machines began flying off of store shelves. Given that there was no trade in on game disks, the games continued to collect dust.

On or around November 23rd, a huge influx of workers compensation claims began rolling in to the centralized insurance office. After some research, it was confirmed that many of the recipients of the free consoles threw their backs out carrying the bulky machine to the exchange location. When asked about the situation, a man named Thai Ne-Wang had this comment "We should have know better. Next time we bring dolly for trading. Have you see Z Cavaricci jeans from America? They are much super excellent!"

The ban on the machine came early on the 25th. A spokesman for the Japanese government stated that since it is causing a public health issue since the trade in program began, and no one is buying them in the country anyway, they thought best to just ban the machine altogether. It does not seem that the ban has affected anyone in the country.

On a side note, the popular Peppermint Mentos cannot be found anywhere in Japan. The collective breath of the country, however, has never been mintier.

-------before you flame...this is complete bullshit :wink: . I do NOT have a link. I do NOT have any proof, because there is none. This is a totally fabricated story that I thought was funny. Enjoy.
:big smile

Kid0_oIcarus
12-06-2002, 12:07 AM
Thai Ne-Wang

Heehee, funny.

Neo Otacon
12-06-2002, 12:23 AM
The sad thing was that I almost believed that.

...But I still love my XBox -

*Hugs XBox*

Pause
12-06-2002, 01:54 AM
Hehe, sorry. I do think this is the funniest thing I've ever written though. :sing:

Drunken Savior
12-06-2002, 07:24 AM
After the Greek thing...this was almost too scarry to open :P

Ogni
12-10-2002, 08:08 AM
Baby Smasher!!! :haha:

Kid0_oIcarus
12-10-2002, 08:46 AM
See Alucard!? (I see you hiding under that pile of hay)
This is funny.

:P

XzenoGear
12-10-2002, 09:24 PM
Yes, i almost believed it! poor xbox. :crying: