PDA

View Full Version : what can be said about the XBOX

WolfKing86
12-01-2002, 11:08 AM
i just want to kno what xboxers think of their xbox

and plz include both good and bad :D :2happy: :D

Alucard
12-01-2002, 12:01 PM
Best system spec wise. Hardly any good games on it. I could design a better joypad.

THX 1138
12-01-2002, 12:55 PM
Good: Ghost Recon on Live. Controller S with HeadSet:cool guy:
Bad: Can't play and rip CD-Rs:wink:
Ugly: The color Puke Green:crazy:

Mr Mort
12-01-2002, 01:10 PM
I'll say this: I have all 3 current systems, and right now, my Xbox is getting the most play of any of them. Particularly because of Unreal Championship and Xbox live. I've also been playing lots of Sega GT 2002 and Halo. I'm pleasantly surprised with my purchase...

On the other hand, Metriod Prime is a masterpiece. Easily the best game I've bought in a long time, and as soon as I beat Halo, I'll be all over prime.

Mohtools
12-01-2002, 01:11 PM
Good
--------
Powerful system.
Lots of aspects DVD, hard disk, etc.
Online gaming

Bad
--------
Few great titles
Bad design of both system and controller
Ugly looking + heavy weight
Not that great in multi-player games
Not a promising future

(Xbox = Atari?s jaguar.)

Xbox 7.5/10
PS2 9/10
GC 9/10 but because I love Nintendo?s games you can add 0.5.

gabriel
12-01-2002, 02:32 PM
iTs biGg lololololol!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I dont have a problem with the bulk of the console or controller, in fact, I kind of like it ;) Unless you're having trouble squishing the 'box into your home theater system, what reason are there for bashing the size? (except being an ass of course).

I agree with pretty much what everyone's said. The only point I really have a problem is "Not that great in multi-player games". On the contrary, I think the XBox is the best multiplayer console. As far as framework goes: four controller ports, able to link up 2-4 systems for 8-16 players, most solid online structure. Cant argue with that.

Granted there could be more games, but I still think there's more variety than on the other systems. Halo alone makes for an amazing multiplayers experience, I daresay it's the Goldeneye of this generation. Then there's the Xbox Live bunch, Fuzion Frenzy (there's only 3 or so good mini-games, but the few good ones are great), Deathrow, etc (I dont want to start listing games I havent played).

What are the good, exclusive, multiplayer games for the GC? Bomberman Generation is a... blast, and I havent played PSO on the GC, but I loved it during the DC days. But besides those, what else is there? (this isnt a taunt or anything, I actually want to know what you guys think)

Havoc2049
12-01-2002, 02:46 PM
I love my Xbox. The Xbox hit the market with three AAA titles right at launch, with Halo, DOA3 and PGR. Xbox was a little slow at the begining of 2k2 with some great games, but they mainly appealed to hardcore gamers, JSRF, Gunvalkyrie and Morrowind.
Xbox came on strong in November, with games and products such as Splinter Cell, XBox Live, MechAssualt and Unreal Championship. Xbox has more solid games such as Silent Hill 2, MGS Substance, HOD3, Fatal Frame, Shenmue II, Quantum Redshift and many others. Xbox also has the strongest 1st Qtr 2k3 lineup of games out of all the platforms. Panzer Dragoon Orta, DOAX, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Phantasy Star OnLine, Brute Force and Crimson Skies all look to be either great games or AAA titles. Xbox also has the best and well thought out on-line gaming plan out of all three consoles.

The Xbox lacks in support from some big Japanese developers, but it's 3rd Party support in America and Europe is great, where the Xbox is strongest.

The Xbox=Jaguar is just jealous fanboy talk. Atari only sold between 500,000 and 1 million Jaguars in three years and only about 60 games were released on the Jag and Jag CD. Atari was also a small company by the time the Jag was released and they had little resources to alocate to make the Jaguar a success. The Xbox on the other hand is backed by one of the most profitable companies in the world, Microsoft. The Xbox is at around 5 million in sales, with 200+ games already out on the market.

Seska
12-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Fatal Frame, Shenmue II, PGR, Morrowind, JSRF, Unreal Championship, Silent Hill 2, MGS, Phantasy Star OnLine, Crimson Skies.

See, this is one of the problems I have with the Xbox, a whole lot of its titles are remakes/ports. As a DC and PC user, none of the above really appeal to me. It needs less ports and more appealing exclusives to pull in larger sales.

Mohtools
12-01-2002, 03:32 PM
No I?m not being an ass my friend.
Size does matter. I have my big, heavy pc, why the hell do I need to get another one. The idea of a console is that it is supposed to be small, easy to carry around and in the same time powerful. In my opinion the Xbox is a small pc. Soon they will make windows for it, filled with bugs like windows XP.

Secondly, the GC has more and better multi-player games like: PSO, Mario party, Sonic, ISS, and many more. Also all multi-platform games on the Xbox are not better then any other console. I?m not trying to be an assO, it?s just my opinion. Sorry, but I?m not an Xbox lover. I view MS as a dishonorable company, for example removing java from windows to screw sun. What do say about that? GREED.

Mohtools
12-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by AtariX
[B

The Xbox=Jaguar is just jealous fanboy talk. [/B]

No I'm not jealous, my resources say that the GC is selling better then the Xbox. Aslo, why would I be jealous in my opinion the Xbox is not for me.

mxgame
12-02-2002, 08:42 AM
Yes, we all know that Sony and Nintendo love everyone and that Microsoft is evil and greedy. Don't buy into the hype Mohtools. I am not saying Microsoft isn't greedy but Nintendo and Sony are no saints.
I see a lot of blind fanatisism from both Xbox,PS2 and Gamecube supporters for absolutely no reason. These companies are not your friends. I like my Xbox for some of the reasons many of you don't support it-Microsoft. I know Microsoft will doggedly support this console just like all their other products. They don't know when to quit so eventually succeed. Xbox is a solid product with excellent software. That's all I need to know.

Olm52
12-02-2002, 09:08 AM
Just to clarify. Nintendo have sold 1.5 million gc's in Europe. Xbox have sold 500000. So they are not in fact doing all that well in Europe.

Nindalf
12-02-2002, 10:10 AM
Olm52...where you get that info? Last i heard Xbox has sold atleast 800K in EU
So you got source?

Olm52
12-02-2002, 11:07 AM
lol, sorry got my figures wrong. Its still the same margin though.

http://www.cube-europe.com/newsphp/news.php?id=3101

Havoc2049
12-02-2002, 11:53 AM
Mohtools, you have every right to not like the Xbox because you don't like the style of games on the system or you don't like the company who makes it, those are valid reasons. To compare the Xbox to the Jaguar though and to say that the Xbox hardly has any good games, is just ignoring the facts and being a fanboy. Myself, I don't like Mario games, but I know that there are a legion of Mario fans who love those games and I don't go into Nintendo forums and trash Mario and Nintendo.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Nintendo, because they screwed over Atari and gamers with their high licensing fees(the extra cost was and still is passed on to consumers, and 3rd party games on Nintendo systems are no better in quality than 3rd party games on other systems, like Nintendo fanboys like to believe), third party GBA games are almost always more expensive than first party games. I remember when the GBA first came out, all 3rd party games were $39.99, while 1st party games were $29.99, thanks Nintendo. TimeWarner, Atari and Atari Games/Tengen tried to fight this in the courts back when the NES and GB had a monopoly on the market, but evil Nintendo won out. Nintendo won and gamers were stuck with high prices and the inferior version of Tetris, Tengen Tetris was much better than Nintendo Tetris. Nintendo also used their monopoly they had on the market in the 80's to strong arm 3rd parties to not make games for the Sega Master System, Atari 7800 and Atari Lynx. I guess I'm a hypocrite though, since I bought a SNES and a GBA.:D I guess we could all find an evil story about every video game company out there, they all try to become the top company and make the most money they can along the way and do what they can to keep the competition down. Competition is good for gamers though, I hope the market keeps growing and there is room for all three consoles.

Havoc2049
12-02-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Seska
Fatal Frame, Shenmue II, PGR, Morrowind, JSRF, Unreal Championship, Silent Hill 2, MGS, Phantasy Star OnLine, Crimson Skies.

See, this is one of the problems I have with the Xbox, a whole lot of its titles are remakes/ports. As a DC and PC user, none of the above really appeal to me. It needs less ports and more appealing exclusives to pull in larger sales.

Some of the games you listed are new games only for the Xbox. Jet Set Radio Future isn't a port, it is a new game, a sequel to Jet Set/Grind Radio. Project Gotham Racing is also a new game, a sequel to Metropolis Street Racer. If you liked the original games, you will like the new ones. Fatal Frame, SH2, Shenmue II, PSO are ports that have been enhanced for the Xbox and have extras not found in the originals. Granted, if you played the original, then you might not find the extras worth the money. Unreal Championship is a completely new game for the Xbox, set in the Unreal world. Crimson Skies: High Road to Adventure, is a completely new game set in the Crimson Skies universe. Crimson Skies is being made into a gaming franchise, with more sequels planed by Microsoft/Fasa Studios, books and a pen and paper/table top RPG by WizKids(pen and paper RPG company). The same guy who owns Wizkids also works for Microsoft/Fasa.

Havoc2049
12-02-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Mohtools

Secondly, the GC has more and better multi-player games like: PSO, Mario party, Sonic, ISS, and many more.

Cool, I love to compare games when the GC vs. Xbox argument comes up. The Xbox is better than the GC in many genres, multi-player games being one of them, especially because of system link and Xbox Live. I'll only list the 4+ player ones that I know about.

Bloodwake- 4 players
Cel Damage- 4
Gauntlet- 4
Sega and Microsoft NFL games- 4
Halo- 16 players
Kakuto Khojin(sp?)- 4
Moto GP- 16
Turok- 4
Project Gotham Racing- 4
Blackstone: Magic and Steel- 4
Ghost Recon- 16
Transworld Surf- 4
MechAssualt- 8
Quantum Redshift- 4
Unreal Championship- 16

There are more, like other sports, racing and other FPS games, but I don't know the exact numbers. I think Time Splitters 2 supports up to 16 and I'm not sure about Serious Sam. Then there are more in the future, like PSO, Kung Fu Chaos, PGR2, Halo 2, True Fantasy On-line, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and many other racing, RPG, sports and FPS. Not only that, but most in the future will be either on one system, via link cable or Xbox Live.

Olm52
12-02-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by AtariX

Cool, I love to compare games when the GC vs. Xbox argument comes up. The Xbox is better than the GC in many genres, multi-player games being one of them, especially because of system link and Xbox Live. I'll only list the 4+ player ones that I know about.

Bloodwake- 4 players (Crap Game)
Cel Damage- 4 (on GCN)
Gauntlet- 4 (on GCN)
Sega and Microsoft NFL games- 4 (On GCN)
Halo- 16 players (Timsplitters2 and a whole lot more GCN FPS's have good multiplayer)
Kakuto Khojin(sp?)- 4 (Crappy game. best 4 player fighter is SSBM)
Moto GP- 16 (f12002 On GCN fulfills the same purpose)
Turok- 4 (on GCN)
Project Gotham Racing- 4 (not that great, and original is on DC anyway)
Blackstone: Magic and Steel- 4 (I have no clue.)
Ghost Recon- 16 ( Theres a tom clancy game coming to GCN already.)
Transworld Surf- 4 (bad game. Kelly slater is way better)
MechAssualt- 8 (given)
Quantum Redshift- 4 (not that great a game. GCN has Xtreme G3)
Unreal Championship- 16 (FPS. Great game, but its hardly unique..)

There are more, like other sports, racing and other FPS games, but I don't know the exact numbers. I think Time Splitters 2 supports up to 16 and I'm not sure about Serious Sam. Then there are more in the future, like PSO, Kung Fu Chaos, PGR2, Halo 2, True Fantasy On-line, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and many other racing, RPG, sports and FPS. Not only that, but most in the future will be either on one system, via link cable or Xbox Live.

Wheres the Mario Party 4 killer? wheres the amazing soccer game like PES2?, The great water racing game like Wave Race? The great 4 player fighter like SSBM? The Vehicle combat game like Clone Wars or Smugglers run? Also atm the Xbox is lacking an MMORPG. The only place to play an MMORPG on consoles atm is GCN. By no means is Xbox winning in multiplayer..

Nindalf
12-02-2002, 01:18 PM
Nice triple post there AtariX! :D

In my opinion GC and Xbox are pretty neck and neck in Multiplayers, but at the moment Xbox is ahead in online games(duh...) but if we see Mario party, kart, golf, tennis and other Nintendo games online i would say Xbox Live would have hard time beating them

Nindalf
12-02-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Olm52
lol, sorry got my figures wrong. Its still the same margin though.

http://www.cube-europe.com/newsphp/news.php?id=3101

now i made a double post :D

I hope that is true but its just these "Experts" forecasting stuff...means nothing

Thouh it pains to say this coz im total Nintendo fanboy( i know..its a surprise but i am:P ) but im afraid GC is going to get it arse kicked this holiday in Europe and Australia... We got SFA...thats pretty mutch only "Killer app" when Xbox got Splinter Cell, Mech Assault etc and PS2 has GTA: VC and Kingdom Hearts

Well... We just have to wait and see

DBJAY
12-02-2002, 04:14 PM
How about: "There is no greater power than X."

Seriously though, it is a great system. Spec wise, obviously a lot more going on under the hood (DD 5.1 is amazing for games...like MOH) but you can find that under the xbox.com website. What is more important is how that power is used, and the game line-up has been improving rapidly.

Every year one of a system is filled with highs and lows, so now that the Xbox is entering year two (in the US at least) we are seeing a string of games that are very well done. Microsoft Game Studios just released MechAssault, a decent party game in Whacked, the enhanced port of Shenmue 2...etc. A vast improvement in quality and variety of first party titles over launch year.

The so-called port-itis is not a negative for the Xbox because the ports are enhanced over the original (usually PS2) games. Think of it this way, would you rather have the special edition of a movie (Xbox) or the plain edition (PS2).

And, considering that it is more common for publishers to release all three versions of a game (Xbox,GC,PS2) in the same week or month..then which version is actually the port as in the case of Harry Potter:COS?

I would suggest browsing the xbox.com website. It has all the technical questions answered, along with info on Xbox Live, and a very well done preview section.

There is no negative that stands out on the Xbox. Controller S is great, a couple of wireless controller options as well, weight and size are irrelevant because it sits in it's slot in the ent. center. You could always wish for even more third party support of course, but that is more of a case of the grass being greener on the other side of the fence.

Twelve
12-02-2002, 06:36 PM
Good: Best hardware. Best online program. Biggest finance.

Bad: One exclusive game to make 'em all jealous: Halo.

8 bit Orgy
12-02-2002, 06:36 PM
UT2003 is terrible for the PC. It's incredibly simple and to hard to kill anybody. The Xbox version, has a choppy framerate, and has no mouse/keyboard support.

You character moves faster than he can aim.

gabriel
12-02-2002, 09:43 PM

Wheres the Mario Party 4 killer? wheres the amazing soccer game like PES2?, The great water racing game like Wave Race? The great 4 player fighter like SSBM? The Vehicle combat game like Clone Wars or Smugglers run? Also atm the Xbox is lacking an MMORPG. The only place to play an MMORPG on consoles atm is GCN. By no means is Xbox winning in multiplayer..

In that case, where's GC's Halo-killer? Where's online gaming? There's gaps in both systems' libraries, so it all comes down to personal preference. To me, 8 player Halo is the pinnacle of multiplayer, not that Smash Bros and the like arent fun - again, it's that whole preference thing.

Size does matter. I have my big, heavy pc, why the hell do I need to get another one. The idea of a console is that it is supposed to be small, easy to carry around and in the same time powerful.

The idea of a console is to play games. I dont see how sizes affects that. Consoles arent built for portability, that's why handhelds were invented. Are you really lugging around your systems so often that you require them to be extremely lightweight? And it's not like the XBox is so heavy that you cant lift it, it's hardly any more hassle to carry around an XBox as it is to carry around a Gamecube.

Alucard
12-02-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 8 bit Orgy
UT2003 is terrible for the PC. It's incredibly simple and to hard to kill anybody. The Xbox version, has a choppy framerate, and has no mouse/keyboard support.

I'm not too sure which game you've been playing. UT2003 for PC is very fast yes, but I dont have trouble killing things in it nor do alot of people I know. Put the difficulty down and have less bots till you get used to it then you'll be flying through it in no time. Though I dont understand what you mean by increadible simple. Usually the only fps style games that have any gameplay depth are the war style ones like Medal of Honour or Delta Force. Not the futuristic ones. They're like the arcade version of fps games.

Way to go Seska! Thinking Metropolis and Jet Set were remakes/ports. Completely new games. Even Metropolis is nothing like the previous game. I for one dont like it. If I wanted a GT3 clone I'd just play GT3 which is more superior in every way. They should have stuck to the feel of the DC version. It was MADE to scream around corners. Not like this new trash version. And JSRF is very cool. So many more things in it. HUGE. I dont get why people dont really like this one yet love Tony Hawk and said like games. Sure you can't jump and flip your board around. There isn't that much excitement. But the stages are huge and you can do a heck of alot in the game. Ohwell. Go skegs.

8 bit Orgy
12-03-2002, 12:03 AM
I never play with bots. Bots are stupid. It's impossible to kill anyone online because everyone just jumps around. In the end you have to expend all your ammunition and jump around like a retard for 10 seconds before some random shot hits you. UT was much better. All the coordination and teamwork are completely dead in 2003. They even went as far as to make the letters really small and fast so you always miss what a teammate is trying to say.

Good work Epic.

Alucard
12-03-2002, 12:22 AM
Bots are very useful for building up your skill. The words thing, yeah. TINY! They've turned the game more into Quake style with all that jumping and stuff. Just have to anticipate where they will land by the direction they jump and shoot there. You do get used to it. But UT was much better I think aswell. The only really good thing about this new one is the engine.

Seska
12-03-2002, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by 8 bit Orgy
I never play with bots. Bots are stupid. It's impossible to kill anyone online because everyone just jumps around.

Oooh this made me laugh. As a nethead would say, j000 h4v3 b33n 0wn3d.

Perhaps the reason you dont land a hit and get killed all the time, is because you are a newbie to the game. Alucard is right, UT2k3 is far more quake-like, so don't be surprised if you get killed when trying to play against skilled online players.

Bots are stupid? No they are not, they have the finest AI I have seen in a Quake3-like game, theya re there for you to practise your skills until you are good enough to join online gaming.

Amusing, you are complaining that the game sucks because you cant beat everyone else online.

As for Xbox games on JSRF and PGR: YEs, my bad. I still stand what I said about the rest of the ports, though, they hold no interest for me at all. Shall I list all of the ports I can find for you? You know as well as I do that theres a hell fo a lot of them on Xbox and not enough exclusives.

I am a complete port/remake hater, why play something I have played before, just cause there's an extra stage or improved graphics? I am a gamefan, not a graphics fan, and throwing in an extra level here and a few items there will never bring me to play a port or remake. I am probably one of the few people who thought the RE1 remake on GC was a complete waste of time.

Sure, I appreciate that to newcomers in the gaming world such remakes and ports are real treats, but intil Xbox offers me the games I am interested in and shows me more originality than making sequels and ports of games I have already played, I'm not interested. Too much western software and not enough of the eastern. I guess that is why GC with titles like Zelda, Metroid, Animal Crossing, all of the upcoming RE games, FF:CC - is much more appealing to me than the Xbox.

Olm52
12-03-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Seska

I am a complete port/remake hater, why play something I have played before, just cause there's an extra stage or improved graphics? I am a gamefan, not a graphics fan, and throwing in an extra level here and a few items there will never bring me to play a port or remake. I am probably one of the few people who thought the RE1 remake on GC was a complete waste of time.

You dont own a GCN and have never played the game. you said so in General Discussions. The Story has been modified, The Enemies are different, the rooms are different, and there is a whole lot of brand new bosses, rooms etc. It also looks completely different from the original and is the scariest RE yet.

Seska
12-03-2002, 11:19 AM
For someone who claims to read my posts you sure have a hard time of getting the idea I am trying to convey. Extra items? Woo. New rooms? Woo. Remade areas? Hooboy. These things don't thrill me. At heart its still RE1, a game I played a long, long time ago. Its the scariest to date? Great, I'd expect no less since in my opinion RE1 was the scariest of the lot. Still, its a REMAKE.

It may god down a treat with you, and with the rest of the GC owning population, personally I dont give a damn. At heart its still the same game and the same story is being told.

I dont like remakes. Its a matter of personal preference. Period. Can you deal with that and move on now?

Alucard
12-03-2002, 11:31 AM
I think I'm starting to understand Seska's brain activity on this remake subject.. If games like Tekken and Gran Turismo and Tony Hawk and other myriad of spawned sequels have slight changes to them, they are still considered remakes as there is technically nothing extremely new. Even if the Re1 'remake' is 70% new with ALOT of new experiences to the point where you think you are playing a different game in alot of instances, it doesn't matter. It holds the same name. It holds the same story. No matter what new experiences are to be found in there its technically a waste of space and effort.

Ok I follow now. New experiences=not worth playing. The core is still the same. Toss out every game that is just an upgrade of the first. Then again theres people who actually play games these days for enjoyment factor. I'm not even a big RE fan but I can tell the 'remake', and I use that term loosely for this case, is top class quality. Never reply a game twice either cause you wont find anything different. Same goes for movies. Ok I'm stretching it here. But come on, enjoyment factor is high on the Re remake. Its very well done.

Seska
12-03-2002, 11:42 AM
I am glad you admit to comparing watching movies with playing a game as "stretching it a bit", otherwise my opinion of you whould have dropped ten notches.

No, Im not really keen on fighting games. Or sports games. Perhaps its the fact that I see them as loosely updated versions of their predecessors, somthing to pick up only if you want to have some fun playing on Vs mode with your friends.

What games do I like? RPGs and Adventure games, with an odd Onimusha/Dinocrisis2/DMC/Jak & Daxter thrown in between. The rest hardly catches my attention.

Want another trivia of information about my preferences and gaming habits? I ahve not replayed a single game. Not one. The only time I did play a game more than once was when I was working as a localizer for Square Europe. But as for the rest, once a game is finished, Im done and over with it, there are plenty ofhter experiences to have and enjoy.

RE1 is great? Yes, I am sure of it. Maybe its not obvious to everyone, but Im sure the game is great. For me, its a waste of time, I will not touch it nor am I interested in it. If you enjoy it, I am happy for you, its an extra thing for you to play! Good for you! But realize I am not arguing wether RE1 is great or not. I am explaining why in my own twisted little mind, the game is not worth my attention. It comes down to my TASTE and my PREFERENCE. Please tell me you are not arguing with that.

Havoc2049
12-03-2002, 01:31 PM
I was a Jaguar, Saturn and Dreamcast owner back in the day, so all these ports and remakes of PS and PS2 games to the Xbox are great for me. All the hardcore Nintendo fans out there, the GC version of Resident Evil might be their first experience with the series. If they like the game, I bet they are happy Capcom made the game. The vast majority of people out there didn't own every single console and played every single good game that was ever made. I'm playing Phantasy Star 1 for the first time on my GBA, it is one hell of a great game and I'm glad THQ and Sega decided to release Phantasy Star Collection. Not to many people owned a Sega Master System and Phantasy Star 1. Now I can see what all the hardcore Phantasy Star junkies rave about. Remakes/ports/re-releases are cool if done right, sometimes you can go to the well too many times and burn a series out, especially if it done all on the same system.

Seska
12-03-2002, 07:07 PM
Phantasy Star was my first "real" console RPG when I played it on the Master System. I remeber being blown away by the pseudo "3D" dungeons and mapping them out, pace by pace, on squared paper, hidden walls and all.

Thinking back to that, I guess it was pretty hardcore, but making maps and exploring every inch of each dungeon, learning from each mistake and marking each trap/pitfall was half of the fun in the game. Ahh, they dont make games like that anymore. :)

Alucard
12-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Ah 3D dungeons.. Yes.. While you lot were playing Phantasy Star, we TEH MAIETY PC PEOPEL had experienced 3D dungeons long before in such epic games as Wizardry, Bards Tale, and Ultima to name a few.

PC will always be where its at!

Neo Otacon
12-03-2002, 11:29 PM
Ewww... PC gamers scare me sometimes - like when the really terminal sorta trickled into my store to get their copy of some "isle" expansion pack (I fail to remember the name).

You could tell by their Super VGA tans that they haven't been outside since Planes of Power was released.

Well, actually I'm jealous of some of these PC gamers - their systems are 1337, I'm running off of a 700mhz eMachines junker with like 194Megs of ram I found in my friend's trash. I want a mashine capable of playing games like Asheron's Call 2, but I simply lack the resourses.

That's why I dig my XBox - It's like a PC that doesn't need to be upgraded (Though I've heard rumors of ther BSOD... well GSOD, I guess XD)

Alucard
12-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Keeping your system up to date isn't that expensive. I do 1 or two things to my PC a year and its very up to date. These days where a 1.7gig CPU costs only like $50-odd and is more then enough to run any game out there, tells you it isn't expensive. I keep my games purchasing selective and dont buy every game under the sun. ie 1 or 2 titles a month at most. Some months I buy nothing if there isn't anything uber out for a while. For example, theres nothing coming out till febuary that I really want. So all that saved money goes to PC upgrades. Worth it in my book.

Seska
12-04-2002, 03:21 AM
Sadly I didnt own a PC till after my Amiga 500, but I stillgot to relish in classic delights such as Dungeon Master, Bloodwich, hell even the freaky Elvyra games. Not to mention my first Lucasarts game (though back then it wasnt called Lucasarts): Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders. Their most seriously underrated and one of the funniest game ever, I liked it tons better than Maniac Mansion, but hardly anyone I know has played it, least of all finished it.

As for upgrading your pc, thats all good and fine.. but for the love of Christ, dont do it to play Asheron's Call 2! I have tried the beta and lived to tell the tale. AC2 makes baby Jesus cry.

WEll. This thread has gone a bit off-topic, hasn't it? :p

Seska
12-04-2002, 08:06 AM
Back on Topic about Xbox, the following was taken from gamespydaily:

Sega of Japan's Xbox Titles
Talon | 9:09 | Console

Today, Sega of Japan announced the upcoming release of several new Xbox titles. All originally based on previously released Dreamcast titles, the game?s include: Blue Stinger, Dynamite Deka 2 (called Dynamite Cop 2 and initially based on the Die Hard franchise in North America), Illbleed, and Rent-A-Hero No 1.. While the first three titles are slated for a TBA date, Rent-A-Hero No. 1 will ship during April 2003. The game?s based not only on the Dreamcast title released in Japan awhile back, but also on Sega?s original Mega Drive series.

Gee, more ports!

Who'd've thunk it? And not even ports of really great games either. What is Sega thinking of? :p