PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Will Always Be A Leading Console

blissk
11-30-2002, 01:37 PM
Everyone seems to forget the fact that Xbox is produced by microsoft. Hints Bill Gates = Money. Bill Gates is not a stupid bussines man. I my self dont believe he dumped close to 4 or 5 billion dollars in cash into somthing just to lose. Yes playstation 2 has more games, but it was released a year before xbox and not to mention has been producing games since playstation 1. Xbox has a good things going for them with the 5 to 10 main titles. The games put out since then dont seem to be that great and are not real big sellers, but gamecube and playstation 2 have just as many lame titles. Xbox will push through. Microsoft may not have all the big titles out yet, but with a owner that has 60 billion in cash, one way or another they will produce the titles. Have faith. Don't run to other consoles just because the games were not all produced in 1 year. Many big titles will be released next year. Don't look at the number of games out there since the companies did not start at the same time. Microsoft will make the xbox a worthy competitor.

xsarien
11-30-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by blissk
Everyone seems to forget the fact that Xbox is produced by microsoft. Hints Bill Gates = Money. Bill Gates is not a stupid bussines man. I my self dont believe he dumped close to 4 or 5 billion dollars in cash into somthing just to lose. Yes playstation 2 has more games, but it was released a year before xbox and not to mention has been producing games since playstation 1. Xbox has a good things going for them with the 5 to 10 main titles. The games put out since then dont seem to be that great and are not real big sellers, but gamecube and playstation 2 have just as many lame titles. Xbox will push through. Microsoft may not have all the big titles out yet, but with a owner that has 60 billion in cash, one way or another they will produce the titles. Have faith. Don't run to other consoles just because the games were not all produced in 1 year. Many big titles will be released next year. Don't look at the number of games out there since the companies did not start at the same time. Microsoft will make the xbox a worthy competitor.

And, as it's been pointed out on several message boards by now, Gates didn't get to where he is by dumping large sacks of cash into a giant bottomless pit.

No matter how financially stable the console might be, what will save it (or be the death of it) will be games, and that's a purely subjective matter.

Reality
11-30-2002, 04:54 PM
With out any doubt money is a very good thing to have but support is just as good. Microsoft may have lot's of money but not every thing Microsoft makes is a success because of that reason. Microsoft has their list of failed products they put a good chuck of money in for it and it fail. Even Gates himself was proud of Wnidows 95 when it came out. Was that a good product? Not really. Money is great but it doesn't mean you'll be for ever successful. Microsoft doesn't have all their attention to the Xbox as some make it sound like. Their a PC Company and their fighting their own PC war. Sure the have it very well "Monopolized" but it will fall someday. With newer and better OS coming around each year and small companies not liking how Microsoft sets demands. It's obvious people are trying other things, don't get me wrong it's not this huge slip of people maybe a pinch of 1-2-3%.

That's why we are seeing things like the Xbox. It's role for Microsoft's future is bigger then just gaming. Soon Microsoft want's to have total control over you living room instead of just you PC. All you TV, VCR, DVD and Stereo will haft to be Microsoft Compatible. This all starts with the Xbox and want comes after it.

So now we talk about support. In order for this to work you need to move the idea along. So fare, they have good support but more money driven then anything. The down side to this despite you were given money to support the console your games may not sell there for you made little or no profit.

In short money is good but doesn't mean success. Smart business is just as good but mistakes are made. Despite who the company is. That's just my opinion though.

Nindalf
12-01-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by blissk

wow...you registered to post this?You must be total ms fanboy

And GC and PS2 will also have several big names next year, and both Sony and Nintendo has lot of money so they also get several big titles and i doubt MS will ever get as good Capcom, Square and other big company support as PS2 and GC

mxgame
12-01-2002, 02:57 PM
Why is it whenever posts something positive about a console someone feels the need to come behind them and say something negative. It's not like he was saying the Playstation2 and GCN are failures or pale in comparison to the Xbox. I still don't understand why everyone uses the term "fanboy" try using another word in your vocabulary.

Seska
12-01-2002, 03:18 PM
I have always turned to a console when the good games started to come out for it. My PS2 I bought only a year ago when the likes of Silent Hill 2, MGS2 and FFX enticed me into getting it. Now a year later, still a hell fo a lot of great RPGs and other games are being released on it, so Im satisfied for the moment.

GC looks like its getting a lot of good games coming out for, There's Metroid, Zelda, all the Biohazard games - but considering the tons of games still to play on the PS2, I might wait till sometime next year to get a GCN.

As for Xbox - I am sorry, but it seems a bit too early to make a decent judgement. None of the games it has to offer appeal to me, except perhaps Orta, and that isnt out yet. RPGs? Almost none. My taste in games runs along the japanese market, so I can understand why the Xbox has completely flopped in Japan.

It doesnt matter how much money you pump into marketing and promotion if the console doent have the software that appeals to the market of a region. If and when Xbox starts putting out the games that I like, Ill get one. But for the moment, it has little to offer me in exchange of spending 250 euro on it.

8 bit Orgy
12-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Bill Gates has nothing to do with the Xbox project. He's merely a spokesman. Xbox is headed by a section of Microsoft nothing to do with Windows whatsoever.

Seska
12-01-2002, 07:12 PM
Regardless of Gates' lack of involvement in the Xbox project, the console is supported by an unbelievably wealthy multinational corporation.

THAT, I believe, was the main point of his argument.

Reality
12-01-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 8 bit Orgy
Bill Gates has nothing to do with the Xbox project. He's merely a spokesman. Xbox is headed by a section of Microsoft nothing to do with Windows whatsoever.

Where did you get that info? I have read that Bill Gates was all over the Xbox project. He decided on alot of things that was for it.

blueskied
12-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Reality

Where did you get that info? I have read that Bill Gates was all over the Xbox project. He decided on alot of things that was for it.

Gates is all over the Xbox project. I saw him awhile back on some cheesy Japanese variety/game show trying to hype up the Xbox here in Japan (it was really, really awful by the way). And don't forget there were 50,000 limited edition "special" xboxes released here in Japan, each with a signed keychain by Gates.

Gates has a definite interest in the xbox, though I'm sure he has his thinktank group making most of the decisions on the xbox while he counts his piles of money and bars of gold in his secret underground labrinyth under lake Washington.

(by the way I flew over Gates' Seattle home last december in a private plane (my friend flies small planes in Seattle, and she took me up for a flight when I visited last year) and took a picture of it!! I'll have to scan it someday and post it here. He has a big boat dock that is mysteriously in the shape of a big red "F". People say it stands for "F*&% you").