PDA

View Full Version : New Nintendo Gamecube Games Leaked!

Overlord
05-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Recently, a pamphlet promoting several games that Nintendo will be showcasing at E3 has been leaked to the net.
All the games on the pamphlet are either un-announced, or un confirmed, or have been lacking any serious news on them.

The games included onto the pamphlet are:

Wario World, The Legend of Zelda, Mario Party 4, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, Gladius, Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 3, NBA Ballers, and NASCAR Thunder 2003

All pictures and screenshots featured in the pamphlet are authentic, and and official.

I predict this will make some of you happy.

Nintendo's official magazine in France announces new GameCube games.

The first issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine in France has mentioned several GameCube games that have yet to be officially announced. The magazine reported that a version of the Game Boy Advance RPG Golden Sun, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon, and another RPG called Time of Troubles are all in development for the GameCube. The magazine also stated that Perfect Dark 0 for the GameCube may be like Metroid Prime in that it will be played from a variety of perspectives.
Nintendo of America was unavailable for comment at the time of publish.

Edit(2): Looks like the following games are confirmed. Wario World, 1080:WS and Mario Party 4.

This is getting redundant...

Pokemon on GameCube?
Mr. Miyamoto conserned about Zeldas graphics?

As E3 draws near, gamers begin looking at Developers for hints as to what is coming up.
Japan's gaming magazine, the Weekly Famitsu, recently interiewed a top ranking Nintendo director, asking what can be expected at the grand event in May.

Famitsu: The release dates of several GameCube titles have slipped in the first quarter. As we head into E3, what are your thoughts on the GameCube software schedule?

Iwata-san: I think the delay situation has been exaggerated. While it's true a few of our titles have been pushed back, our software schedule for the second half of 2002 will be impressive. In fact, we believe our software lineup this year will be our strongest in history. It's a mixture of popular series from Mr. Miyamoto and some exciting new games.

Famitsu: How do you plan to realize this goal of the strongest software lineup in history? What can we expect to see at E3?

Iwata-san: We're not planning to hold back, almost all the titles shown this year will be playable. We realize the importance of players actually experiencing a game rather than just viewing it. Zelda for the GameCube is at a state where we could just show new video footage. But because Mr. Miyamoto has taken the series in such a new direction, he wants player feedback now. Whether players like the graphics or not isn't the issue, after all we're not making a movies, we're making games. It's the impressions of players that Mr. Miyamoto desires the most. We've accepted the challenge of taking Zelda in a new direction, and the only way to know if we've succeeded is by having people experience it for themselves.

Famitsu: Aside from Zelda, what other games can we expect?

Iwata-san: At E3 we'll have our main lineup which will include Mario Sunshine, Zelda, Metroid, and StarFox. Aside from that essential lineup, there will be many other playable games. E3 is where our vision of the 'strongest lineup in history' will be revealed.

Famitsu: Pokemon is scheduled for release on the GameBoy Advance by the end of the year. Can we expect something to emerge at E3, perhaps some compatibility with the GameCube?

Iwata-san: Perhaps [laughs..] We want leave some surprises for the show, so I can't comment on that. However, players can rest assured that we have an aggressive software lineup in development for the GameBoy Advance as well. We believe our software sales ratio compared to hardware will significantly improve this year overall.

Golden Sun now official!

On the very first issue of the dedicated game magazine, Official Nintendo Magazine, in France, let a big one slip. But is it really that big?
The magazine stated that the RPG available for the Game Boy Advance, Golden Sun, is now in the works for the Gamecube.

It's not certain if this game is a direct and updated port, or, a sequal.

The magazine also let two other games, specifically, RPG's, slip.

The magazine stated that a Gamecube port of Broken Sword 3 is in the works, and it also re-confirmed that an RPG entitled Times of Trouble is going to be multi-platform.

So, now the GC is getting alot of RPG's. Will this boost sales?

Looks like Nintendo is really trying to hype this years E3.

Sabin
05-03-2002, 06:28 PM
Wario World, how nice! I ain't that big fan of Nintendo but the Wario-series are awesome!

Overlord
05-03-2002, 06:39 PM
I wonder if The Legend Of Zelda is one of the rumored remakes. It would be interesting to see what they can do with the classics.

...Anyone know who is developing/pubishing NBA Ballers? Thats the first time I ever heard about the game.

The Stars Wars games were already announced in the June issue of EGM.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 06:41 PM
This was also out !! it appear NINTENDO will show that THE CUBE will go online on E3 !!!..But this one is a rumour so it could be just a rumour !!
Want to see more of ZELDA !!!

Overlord
05-03-2002, 06:44 PM
This was also out !! it appear NINTENDO will show that THE CUBE will go online on E3 !!!..But this one is a rumour so it could be just a rumour !!
Want to see more of ZELDA !!!

Did they ever announce any other Gamecube online games besides PSO ep1, and ep2? Sega said they were bundling the modem with PSO, with a price of $74(US).

...So maybe they're going to announce new GC games.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 06:48 PM
If sega do that !!That would be the biggest surprise of E3!!! But no i haven't heard that .heck it might be a rumour ..so it might be not entirly true ..a local site said that ..and they are warning the viewers that it's not 100% true
but to tell you the truth i think there might be a big chance that this might happend .i mean THE CUBE want to go online ASAP just for PSO episode 1&2 ..they know they will win alot of gamers to buy the cube !! i'm so curious about this E3 !!
i'll keep my eyes on THE CUBE for real !!!:rolleyes:

Overlord
05-03-2002, 07:09 PM
Sega wanted to get game out as quickly as possible. But Nintendo isn't sure if the console gamers are ready to go online with the consoles. And Pay to Play(P2P). So they were going at a slower pace than the other two. But Sega took the matters into there own hands. Maybe they wanted release PSO for both Gamecube and Xbox at the same time. And go online at the same time.

...$74 isn't a bad price. $50 for the game. $24 for the modem...nice.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 07:20 PM
PSO on X-BOX ??..wow ..those words won't go together !!!...i thought PSO will be only on THE CUBE !!..anyway ..wow ..$75 that's pretty good .wish things were also so cheap here in europe .I said it before hardware in the US is very cheap comparing to Europe! And allready people are complaining that the ps2 BB is to expensive !!
I pitty those people for real !!Well i hope sega does that and bring that bundle out ..cause PSO looks pretty sweet on THE CUBE !!!!.And yes i read about that sega wanted to bring the PSO ASAP out on the cube ..knowing that nintendo isn't ready for online ..so if Nintendo manage to show gamers that it will go this yr online ...uhm ..well all other games will be forgotten cause everybody will wait for PSO !!!:D

Overlord
05-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Yeah, PSO was announced for the Xbox a while ago. I'm not sure if they will be coming out at the same time though. Since it was announced later. And there has only been Gamecube screens and previews so far.

...I'm pretty sure the price for the modem will be fairly the same, as it is here.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 07:41 PM
KAY well one thing i want to hear your opinion !!
or what do you think about ? ...
AM2 said that they will only make games for THE CUBE right ??..i believe they confirmed that on march 29th right ??. ANYWAY what i wan to know is does that mean SHENMUE3 will be out on the cube ??
cause some people say it will be out only on the x-box ..And when i read the news about AM2 only for THE CUBE.I thought we will be seeing SHENMUE 3 only on THE CUBE !!! ..

Overlord
05-03-2002, 08:13 PM
Well maybe all of the new games from AM2 games will be Cube exclusive at some point. But I think Sega also said that none of there games will be exclusive. Maybe only like a year exclusivety or something. Theres still rumors going around VF 4.1 for Xbox. But most people consider Virtua Fighter, AM2's flagship title. And thats PS2 exclusive. Unless the rumors are true.

...The only reason Shenmue II is Xbox exclusive(Not the Japenese version) is because Microsoft was scared it might outsell them when it came out in the US. They both were supposed to come at the same time. So they bought the games exclusive rights, outside of Japen. At this point Shenmue 3 can be on any console. Unless Shenmue 2 does really well, and Microsoft might again pay for the exclusive rights.

Great as Shenmue was for DC was, the sales numbers wasn't that great over here.

Black Ace
05-03-2002, 08:23 PM
I just saw 1080?: White Storm, damn that game look awesome, it will play a lot like Wace Rave Blue Storm judging from the title, the original 1080? also play a lot like Wave Race 64, which was cool.

I am most impressed with the changes to Zelda. Link new look is definately cool, he looks like a bad boy with those eyebrows.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 08:30 PM
Well now that you mention it indeed cause i don't see alot of sites or hear alot of US gamers talks about shenmue ..but here in Europe we luuuv that game ....I'm really surprised that it didn't do good in the states for real ,well nothing we can do about it !!! It's weird though i thought shenmue was also one of the must have games for the DC !!!!

Overlord
05-03-2002, 08:38 PM
The first time I saw and played Shenmue, was when my friend brought to school one day. I played it on a later date when I had the chance. But I only know like 10 people at my school whos even heard of the game. They all speak highly of it though. And I don't remember seeing any promotions for the either. No commercials, or even magazine adds. But Shenmue II is getting some hype from the magazines at this point.

...And Bill, where did you see the new picture of Link from Zelda? I thought they were only changing the eyes.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 08:57 PM
Now i think why most japanese said one of the big reason why SEGA went down was because of advertisement !! ..First i was like what do they mean by that !! I mean who haven't heard of SEGA before and their games !! ..But now that you mention it maybe because there's not alot of advertisement for SEGA i mean i never saw a sega commercial ..since those days with sega genesis remember ......SEGA ((they used to say it really fast in the commercial))..but maybe i haven't seen alot of commercial because i moved to Europe here we don't get alot of commercials !!
((stupid dutch so call "ENTERTAINMENT" t.v )):mad:

Overlord
05-03-2002, 09:03 PM
Well, Sega did have a good number of commercials over here. But it was mostly just for the Dreamcast, no specific game. They had specific commercials for Sonic games and Sega sports, buts about it. I think a lot of people did end up just buying sports games for there DC.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 09:10 PM
I don't get it ..i just don't get it! DC have alot of great games ..and shenmue was one of the most anticipating game for the DC ..well anyway it's probably me !!!
It's weird though i mean look at the DC in the japa land !! it still lives on their are still great games coming out on the DC ..
Someone posted something about THE DC OUTSOLD X-BOX in the japa land !!! So my guess is the DC still lives on !!
*just realizing that we are in THE CUBE session talking about the DC*..Well i think tomorow we are gonna get alot of angry messages for this !!!
:D

Overlord
05-03-2002, 09:37 PM
I don't think that people will be too mad(hopefully) that we were talking about Segas console here. They did give the Gamecube and the GBA there own mascot.

...Yeah, it's pretty funny that the PS1 and the DC outsold the XBox, in the same week. And not too long ago, the Wonderswan outsold the Xbox. Ouch!

DC might not have done all that great over here. But there games are doing pretty good right now. Both Sonic games in the Top 5.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 09:44 PM
*STILL TRYING*..
I'm really sorry i can act surprise by the fact
that DC and PSO (And psone did it in N-AMERICA)
Outsold the X-BOX....but the WONDERSWAN??
That DIDN'T surprise me either !!!
I mean it's MS ..anyway Well while we are in THE CUBE session ..looks like the CUBE is doing pretty well in Europe ..They say Monday they'll have all the numbers !!Can't wait for that ..i'm just gonna wait a few more weeks till all the hype died down (and hope to hear that THE CUBE will get more colours )..And than i'll buy it MODIFY it ..And start to import can't wait for the Resident EVIL
RE will rock on the cube !!!

Overlord
05-03-2002, 10:05 PM
Than what about the fact that Xbox hasn?t had a game in the Japanese charts(top 50) sine it's first week(Dead or Alive 3, which was there killer app for the Japanese market). They might have had a couple in February I think, with a Japanese puzzle game, but that?s it. Not sure how Halo did though.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 10:26 PM
2 or 3YRS ago when i saw the first thing about x-box ..first thing that poped in my mind was haven't these guys learn from the 16bit wars
there it was to 16 bit consoles trying to win eachother ..and than came the ATARI ..64 bit
"EASY COME EASY GO "
And alot of my friends turn their back to SONY and NINTENDO (Wich gave them alot of great games over the years)And they said it's logical that X-BOX will win cause it's 700mhz !!So why do you keep soporting SONY and NINTENDO !!
Well my answer was this ...Nintendo will always be there for me ..it's like going back to the roots every gamer started with NINTENDO ..and kiddie game or not, a game is still a game !! Sony brought us alot of great games and Sony always have a plan!! I just have alot of fate in sony
So no company with allready a negative name wich is trying to show people that you need only raw power to win the consoles war and alot of money to steal other people ideas and their pride in their works so they can clame it was theirs idea will or can win my heart over !!!! This is the plug n play world ..730mhz DOESN'T impress me not at all !!
So you see all these negative and bad sales for the x-box just doesn't surprise me !!!

PS: I better get ready cause i think i'm gonna get alot of angry reply for this !!!
And members that want to debate with me please you are welcome ..but just don't insult me there's a big different in debating and insulting !!!

Overlord
05-03-2002, 10:33 PM
I just checked the main page, there are more people signing in now.

...The first think I thought about when I first saw the Xbox, was how big the controller was! Not saying thats a bad thing, but I just couldn't understand why they made one that big.

What if the Xbox started selling well for some reason. Would that surprise you? Looks like that might be the only thing at this point.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 10:51 PM
HAHAHAHA YOU GOT A SENSE OF HUMOUR !!KEEP IT UP !
:p

YES that woulda surprise me alot indeed !!
But right now the thing that will surprise me ((ATMA YOU ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE ))..Is if the x-box is still around by the next winter !!!
If it is i might get surprised by that but not that i would buy it and if SQUARESOFT goes to x-box ..well i'll just stop playing games !!!And just keep watching ANIME !!!((and than i'll be able to answer the hardest q of all time ..videogames or anime !!! :D

Overlord
05-03-2002, 10:52 PM
Heres why the US controller is bigger than the Japenese one:

http://penny-arcade.com/images/2001/20010829l.gif

...You know what they say about guys with big hands.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 11:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS A GOOD ONE !!!..:D
LOL...

Overlord
05-04-2002, 12:24 AM
I knew you would like that one. Heres another one from the same site:

http://penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020325l.gif

...And I never played Gunvalkyrie, so I don't really have an opinion on it.

Overlord
05-04-2002, 01:35 AM
Heres another batch of games. Not confirmed yet. I'll also put this in my first post.

Nintendo's official magazine in France announces new GameCube games.

The first issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine in France has mentioned several GameCube games that have yet to be officially announced. The magazine reported that a version of the Game Boy Advance RPG Golden Sun, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon, and another RPG called Time of Troubles are all in development for the GameCube. The magazine also stated that Perfect Dark 0 for the GameCube may be like Metroid Prime in that it will be played from a variety of perspectives.
Nintendo of America was unavailable for comment at the time of publish.

Source: Gamespot.com

ATMA
05-04-2002, 08:58 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA verry funny mini comics ..hahahaha
replace the controle with a grizzly bear,and the guy just didn't noticed !!My god this is comedy all the way !!!:D
Well i've heard of times of trouble but i think it was in devolping for the GBA (maybe still is).

Black Ace
05-04-2002, 09:06 AM
Hey ATMA and Overlord, how did you guys get your own tag under your name? I want in too. :cool:

ATMA
05-04-2002, 09:16 AM
Go to user cp and in edit profiles or option you will see it !! You can only type 25 characters in i've just changed mine !!!:D

Black Ace
05-04-2002, 09:48 AM
Thanks. :D

Bookbagninja
05-04-2002, 06:41 PM
Now this is really a reason for me to rush to get a GC. Before, I was trying to just hold out for an F-Zero announcement (since they mucked up Metroid), but Marvel vs. Capcom 3?!? Yeah baby! Plus Wario is gonna be done good this time and placed on a home system! Good news indeed.

Overlord
05-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Now this is really a reason for me to rush to get a GC. Before, I was trying to just hold out for an F-Zero announcement (since they mucked up Metroid), but Marvel vs. Capcom 3?!? Yeah baby! Plus Wario is gonna be done good this time and placed on a home system! Good news indeed.

Well, I think that Metroid still has a good chance of being a great game. They already said that it won't be like the usual PC FPS, and there will be more strategy involved.

...And these games hasn't even been officially announced yet. So I wouldn't be surprised if most of them came out after F-Zero.

And there has been rumors about MvC3 coming out for consoles before the Arcade version. Looks like it might be true.

ATMA
05-05-2002, 11:45 AM
MvC3 i really want to see that one on THE CUBE !!
Been a fan of that VS titles pretty long now no reason for me to stop now ..so bring it on CAPCOM !!BEEFCAAAAAAAAAAKE :D

Overlord
05-05-2002, 03:20 PM
I'll also put this in my first post:

Pokemon on GameCube?
Mr. Miyamoto conserned about Zeldas graphics?

As E3 draws near, gamers begin looking at Developers for hints as to what is coming up.
Japan's gaming magazine, the Weekly Famitsu, recently interiewed a top ranking Nintendo director, asking what can be expected at the grand event in May.

Famitsu: The release dates of several GameCube titles have slipped in the first quarter. As we head into E3, what are your thoughts on the GameCube software schedule?

Iwata-san: I think the delay situation has been exaggerated. While it's true a few of our titles have been pushed back, our software schedule for the second half of 2002 will be impressive. In fact, we believe our software lineup this year will be our strongest in history. It's a mixture of popular series from Mr. Miyamoto and some exciting new games.

Famitsu: How do you plan to realize this goal of the strongest software lineup in history? What can we expect to see at E3?

Iwata-san: We're not planning to hold back, almost all the titles shown this year will be playable. We realize the importance of players actually experiencing a game rather than just viewing it. Zelda for the GameCube is at a state where we could just show new video footage. But because Mr. Miyamoto has taken the series in such a new direction, he wants player feedback now. Whether players like the graphics or not isn't the issue, after all we're not making a movies, we're making games. It's the impressions of players that Mr. Miyamoto desires the most. We've accepted the challenge of taking Zelda in a new direction, and the only way to know if we've succeeded is by having people experience it for themselves.

Famitsu: Aside from Zelda, what other games can we expect?

Iwata-san: At E3 we'll have our main lineup which will include Mario Sunshine, Zelda, Metroid, and StarFox. Aside from that essential lineup, there will be many other playable games. E3 is where our vision of the 'strongest lineup in history' will be revealed.

Famitsu: Pokemon is scheduled for release on the GameBoy Advance by the end of the year. Can we expect something to emerge at E3, perhaps some compatibility with the GameCube?

Iwata-san: Perhaps [laughs..] We want leave some surprises for the show, so I can't comment on that. However, players can rest assured that we have an aggressive software lineup in development for the GameBoy Advance as well. We believe our software sales ratio compared to hardware will significantly improve this year overall.

Golden Sun now official!

On the very first issue of the dedicated game magazine, Official Nintendo Magazine, in France, let a big one slip. But is it really that big?
The magazine stated that the RPG available for the Game Boy Advance, Golden Sun, is now in the works for the Gamecube.

It's not certain if this game is a direct and updated port, or, a sequal.

The magazine also let two other games, specifically, RPG's, slip.

The magazine stated that a Gamecube port of Broken Sword 3 is in the works, and it also re-confirmed that an RPG entitled Times of Trouble is going to be multi-platform.

So, now the GC is getting alot of RPG's. Will this boost sales?

ATMA
05-06-2002, 03:44 AM
INTERESTING to see THE CUBE gettting alot of rpg's
and still square have to devolpe games for the CUBE and the GBA !!! ..Having a ps2 and a CUBE and a GBA you ain't gonna miss a thingie !!!
About this METROID huh ??..Tell you the truth i'm not so excited about it it didn't really catch my attention and i wasn't impress by the pics i saw
and the game is it full FPS?? If it is it will suck big time !!!..And is it from the same people that made the older versions of metroid ..IMHO ((Hey Overlord i'm getting the hang of this word)
SUPER METROID on the SNES is one of those legendary games !!! But this Metroid??..got a bad feeling about it !!!:(

Overlord
05-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Well they are trying really hard to keep the basic elements in the game. Like the Grappling hook, and the Ice Beam. And this won't be the usual PC FPS that most people are worried about. I was pretty impressed with the pics. Rumor has it that PD will use the same engine, with a few changes of course.

..IMHO ((Hey Overlord i'm getting the hang of this word)

...Looks like it. But wait 'tiil you see the "1337" language. You haven't seen any thing yet.

ATMA
05-07-2002, 12:30 PM
"1337" you ain't pulling my leg huh ??
"1337" sounds like something from a rap song
I'm not sure i want to know what that is !! LOL..:D
Well lets hope they can still catch that good old metroid feeling and put it in the CUBE version !!
time will tell !!!

Overlord
05-07-2002, 06:03 PM
Actually, "1337" is a code for "leet' which is short for "elite". It's a language where they basically use numbers and symbols for words. I'm not really good at it, but I think this is how your name would be in 1337 : 47/\/\4. I'm not sure how to do r's, so I can't do mine. If any one here is good at this, go a head and make some corrections if you can.

...And yes, I do have high hopes for Metroid Prime.

ATMA
05-08-2002, 12:15 PM
WOW ..well i never heard of that but it sounds pretty cool having numbers for letters ..
deep down in my heart i have hopes for Metroid prime!!!let's wait and see !!!
;)