PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Vs Capcom 3??

Bookbagninja
05-03-2002, 02:06 AM
Last I heard from this game was about Dec. I beleive, and it was this web site. It was a very small article that simply said that CapCom was working on this game. But I haven't heard ANYTHING else since then. Does ANYONE know anything about the progress or any inside stuff?? I'm just REAL curious as to what's going on with this.

I'm expecting this to be a pretty big game, with a heck of a lot more characters than before since it's taking so long for them to release it. Usually, it only takes them a year. It's been over two now. Anyway, I just hope it comes out soon. I want to play so badly!!!

Who do you think would be a good character to include in this installment?

Iori
05-03-2002, 01:13 PM
I heard the Marvel license has expired and Capcom cannot produce more games with Marvel characters in it.

Overlord
05-04-2002, 12:20 AM
Activision has the rights to the Marvel characters now. But if Capcom really wanted to make the game, they could always borrow them from Activision. Of course they would to pay them.

Overlord
05-04-2002, 02:38 AM
Looks like there might be a Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 game in development.

Nintendo's official magazine in France announces new GameCube games.

The first issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine in France has mentioned several GameCube games that have yet to be officially announced. The magazine reported that a version of the Game Boy Advance RPG Golden Sun, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon, and another RPG called Time of Troubles are all in development for the GameCube. The magazine also stated that Perfect Dark 0 for the GameCube may be like Metroid Prime in that it will be played from a variety of perspectives.
Nintendo of America was unavailable for comment at the time of publish.

Source: Gamespot.com

...Doesn't say if it is exclusive or not.

Lord Dragon
05-04-2002, 04:26 AM
I don't think they are going to make it this year, dude I would like to see some of DS characters in the game such as Jedah, Demitri and Pyron but it seems they stopped making this game

Bookbagninja
05-04-2002, 07:34 AM
Cool, Overlord. That's what I thought. I know I wasn't just seeing any ol thing. Yeah, the rumor that Capcom wouldn't make the game was going around cause they supossedly don't have the license with Marvel anymore. But, really. In the market world, all you gotta do is put the dough up and you'll get the license back.

And, no I didn't believe it was suppose to be exclusive to one system only.

My friend said that it would come out at the end of the year if anything "cause they have to draw all those little animations and whatnot", which makes sense. Capcom is the last of a dying breed that won't go directly the way of the 3D. And I applaud them for it.

Pikachu
05-04-2002, 12:19 PM
Capcom can easily drop the Marvel characters and replace them with characters from other comic / games, like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Heavy Metal! As long as the game engine is about the same, I have no complaints, in fact, this may be even a better idea because all the Marvel characters are "more of the same" each time anyway!

Bookbagninja
05-04-2002, 07:37 PM
That would be cool. I really don't care one way or another myself as well, as long as the play engine is the same.
And the thing is, Capcom should use MORE diverse characters than they've been using and try to get out of the X-Men mentality. I'm surprised they looked and searched for Shuma-Gorah, and used Blackheart, but other than that, nobody you just said, "Now THAT'S somebody I always wanted to use!"

Of course, Marvel vs. DC would be the coolest. That would truly be a nice game (based on the same engine, of course.)

Overlord
05-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Of course, Marvel vs. DC would be the coolest. That would truly be a nice game (based on the same engine, of course.)

I think it would be a great game where you have Spider-man Vs. Super Man. Or Venom Vs. Batman. But if Capcom was making it, it will more like Capcom Vs. Marvel Vs. DC. Or something along the lines. You could be Ryu with Spider-Man and Green Lantern as your Tag team members.

...And it won't take that long to make the game, since the backgrounds will most likely be 3D. And Capcom is a bigger company than they used to be. So drawing out the people will be easier with all the people they have now.

folken001
05-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Overlord

I think it would be a great game where you have Spider-man Vs. Super Man. Or Venom Vs. Batman. But if Capcom was making it, it will more like Capcom Vs. Marvel Vs. DC. Or something along the lines. You could be Ryu with Spider-Man and Green Lantern as your Tag team members.

...And it won't take that long to make the game, since the backgrounds will most likely be 3D. And Capcom is a bigger company than they used to be. So drawing out the people will be easier with all the people they have now.

I dont' like the idea putting superman into the game. Who can beat superman? I know it won't be spiderman.

Overlord
05-11-2002, 07:52 PM
I dont' like the idea putting superman into the game. Who can beat superman? I know it won't be spiderman.

The Green Lantern can beat Superman. Professor X might be able to beat Superman. The Green Lantern can make any thing green, so why can't he just make a krypternite cage and cruch Superman or something. X can control Supermans mind.

...I wonder who would win between the X-Men and the Justice League.

hootie17
05-12-2002, 12:31 AM
GOLD KRYPTONITE ALL THE WAY!
For those of you who don't kno that takes away his
powers permenantly.
they should def make a MvC3 b/c i only have ps2 and gc so
i don't have access to MvC2

Overlord
05-12-2002, 12:42 AM
How did they make gold Kryptonite? Or where was it found?

...It sounds interesting, none the less.

Bookbagninja
05-12-2002, 02:48 AM
Yeah, I never heard of any kind of GOLD kryptonite. And, yeah, I always thought it was pretty dumb to have Superman in ANY game. He's freakin' invincible! He should NEVER bve hurt. I don't know why people like him like that.

Overlord
05-12-2002, 03:09 AM
Bookbagninja, I just took the 8-bit character test. It says that I'm a Black Mage! (http://leet.legendsalliance.com/features/blackmage.lgif) It says I'm really evil and I really enjoy mass destruction. It's a way of life for me, and I would kill anyone near me. Unless they were hot chicks of course.

...SuperMan is strong. But like I said, Green Lantern and Professor X can beat him.

Bookbagninja
05-13-2002, 12:28 AM
You do 8-bit, too Overlord? Funniest comic out there that's free! Heh.

Anyway, I just don't think it's a good idea to have Superman in a game like that, cause technically he should always win. I doubt we'll be seeing Prof. X, though we could see Green Lantern. Otherwise....

Bookbagninja
05-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Hey. I just had an epiphany. I was thinking of MvC3 and how Overlord was saying that it's very possible that it might come out for the GC. If that's the case, then it all makes sense, especially Nintendo's recent announcement of making games for the arcade. Capcom is a game maker who likes to make game for the arcade as well as the home system, despite the arcade slowly dying here and there. Plus, when Capcom was with Sega a few years back, they was able to work with them so well because Sega developed the Naomi system board which helped them make games for the arcade so much simplier. That plus the fact that the DC and now in this case, the GC is both 2-D sprite friendly, this is the perfect platform to make their games.

Look at how fast Capcom vs. SNK 2 came out on the GC. Less than a few months after the PS2 one, WITH added features. I think it's pretty obvious that they are going to go with GC all the way on this battle front.

Overlord
05-13-2002, 06:16 PM
I found the link in your sig, and thats how I found out about 8-bit character. I don't go there normally. I think that Penny Arcade (penny-arcade.com) is the best online comic out there.

...As for the Gamecube thing. The article I posted says that it's coming out for GameCube right now. But the question is, if it will be multi-platform. The Triforce board is supposed to have double the ram than what GameCube has. And 2D fighters uses a lot of Ram. Every thing eles about the Triforce is the same as the GameCube hardware.

I'm going to make a poll about X-men Vs. The Justice League. I wonder what other people think.

Bookbagninja
05-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I think the poll would be a good idea. Get a general consenious.

And I went to Penny Arcade a few times. I thought it was cool, but I thought there was back humor and whatnot, like I had to be there from the beginning. There's only a FEW good ones out there, like Penny Arcade, George and Bob, Movie Comic and of course 8-Bit, my fav.

Overlord
05-13-2002, 10:54 PM
I already made the Poll (http://mb.vgdirectory.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=265). It's in the debate section. Hopefully we'll get some good results.

...Whats the link for those other sites you mentioned?

Bookbagninja
05-14-2002, 12:55 AM
Here they are.
8-bit theater: http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/index.html
bob and george: http://www.bobandgeorge.com/
movie comic: http://www.movie-comics.com/

These guys are funny as ever. And best of all, they're free! Only comics I really like nowadays.

Let me get on over to the polls and vote, then!

Shining Force
05-15-2002, 02:40 PM
I'm not exactly sure where I read it... I think maybe at MadMan's Cafe.

But it said hat Capcom had a DBZ game in the works. I've always seen the vs. engine as perfect for a DB game and I don't think a DBZ vs. Capcom game would be that farfetched. Anyone else hear something like this? Or am I just talking out of my ass...

Bookbagninja
05-15-2002, 02:46 PM
No, actually I heard the same thing. I think that would be a wonderful thing to put the DBZ game under that engine. It really sucks right now to play a DBZ fighting game and the game engine is SO terrible. Capcom vs. DBZ... Now that's a concept. Isn't DBZ's Bandai's territory though?

Overlord
05-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Bookbagninja:
Isn't DBZ's Bandai's territory though?

No, Infograms is making all the new DBZ games right now. Not sure about the card game(GBA) though.

hootie17
05-19-2002, 08:28 PM
LONG OVERDUE!
:D

Bookbagninja
05-20-2002, 03:04 PM
Those card games are incrediably addictive. The one on FF IX was great.

I wished some kind of info was released about this game ('sides the info that this game would infact be on the GC, though I have no doubt it'll make it's way over to the PS2 eventually). The things that Capcom released for the rest of the year didn't have MvC3 in it. Hope it's not gonna be TOO far out into the future.