PDA

View Full Version : gc finally out in the eu

nilay
05-02-2002, 10:35 PM
the gamecube is finaaly out in the u.k but i still don't have a copy of one cos i'm skint

why do we get everything last!!!!1

Pdaimaoh
05-03-2002, 12:09 AM
err, I mean the PAL system

you guys really need to accept that the other two major zones use NTSC and just flip to that, because the 'benefits' of PAL are too damn small and the it's hindering the timetable for your gaming needs

oh yeah
pick a freakin language and run with it
I suggest japanese or english, but this multilingual stuff is just bogus, like that stupid part of canada that demands everything have a frech bit to it...

it's really making you guys lose out

how many games never even GET to your part of the world because of those problems??

Alucard
05-03-2002, 02:58 AM
Perhaps we'll forward your post to the European leaders of our world and that may make them change everything. Because lord knows they dont listen to anyone else.
Besides, practically all TVs, at least the ones sold in the past half decade, have the ability of NTSC aswell as PAL. We can run both. But tell that to the games companies who refuse to put in the NTSC/50hz feature. Some do, most dont.
And if a game doesn't reach us it isn't because of the NTSC problem. Its usually another problem. And we wouldn't be able to import it anyway because all consoles are region locked. You cannot play stuff on your system that doesn't make it to you from Japan. I garuntee alot of games from there dont reach us. Either of us.

ourumov
05-03-2002, 03:50 AM
I bought mine on Monday with Super Monkey Ball. Although SMb has the 60Hz option, I have heard about many games that don't have this option: Luigi's Mansion, ISS2, Wave Race... A pity...

oerjaN
05-03-2002, 05:50 AM
the sad thing is that i don't have any money for a GC at the moment..
i want to play Monkey Ball all day :(

and lay off that PAL vs. NTSC debate... the one certain thing is:
if they had PAL in Japan it would be US-users left behind...
on another hand there are better Console developers in Europe
than in the US. like it or not.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 11:07 AM
Well thank god for import !! I got a US ps2 and a JAP ps2 ..thanks to that i'm playing FFX INT and i allready played FFX true in january while there's people here still waiting to play FFX ..i HATE the PAL system it sucks big time ..and here's another thing ..it's seems that XENOSAGA won't come out on the PAL version cause all those languages and stuff ..and one thing else it seems FFXI will come out in 2004 !! I pitty those who buy the PAL SYSTEM for real ..I think it's not fair for the european gamers ..they have to wait so long and also get the game in 50 hz !! It's been confirmed that FFX will come out in 50 HZ ..the european gamers will miss alot of ffx cause the engine that square used for FFX is really smooth and now with the 50 hz ..don't want to even think about it !! But anyway back to THE CUBE ..well it seems you can buy the pal cube and modify a cable in it and you can import games don't need to put a modchip in it !!! I think i'm gonna do that so i can buy RE when it gets out in the states !!!I'm not gonna wait for the PAL games !!

ATMA
05-03-2002, 11:09 AM
OYEAH one more thingie ..THE CUBE sold 10.000 consoles in only 2 hrs in england !! That's great news !!!!:D goooooo CUBE !!!

ourumov
05-03-2002, 02:47 PM
Gc will sell a lot of more consoles than XBOX did. However franchises to XBOX don't cease to be announced. I wonder if M$ pays them enough money to compensate the bad sales...

ATMA
05-03-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ourumov
I bought mine on Monday with Super Monkey Ball. Although SMb has the 60Hz option, I have heard about many games that don't have this option: Luigi's Mansion, ISS2, Wave Race... A pity...

Hi there ..i'm gonna buy THE CUBE i'll wait just a few days let everything calms down and i'll buy mine than ..my q for you is can you tell me one of the luanch game that i must keep my eye on it wich one should i choose so i can buy when i buy my CUBE !!! thanxs !!!!

ourumov
05-03-2002, 05:21 PM
The best titles of the launch are:

Super Monkey Ball
Rogue Leader
Wave Race

However, since Wave Race has a crappy framerate my tip is that you should get one of the others. Just download a couple of videos and decide.

ATMA
05-03-2002, 05:53 PM
Well i was thinking about the rogue leader too but i saw super monkey ball and you said that SMB have the 60hz option !! so that's one i know for sure plus SMB looks pretty sweet !.but whatabout roque leader??..anybody knows?? does it have the 60hz option ??..

ourumov
05-04-2002, 12:03 PM
Rogue Leader has the 60Hz option, don't worry.

ATMA
05-04-2002, 01:34 PM
A big ARRIGATO to you .!!!:D
Thanks for the info !!!
And i hope there will be more PAL games with this option...!! Than i don't have to import alot of games !!! *TEEHEE* :D