PDA

View Full Version : Xbox $149 price drop rumor?

Rubeus
11-24-2002, 03:18 PM
I heard a rumor stating Microsoft intends to reduce the price of Xbox to $149US in December, to snatch as many Xbox owners as possible.

Can anyone confirm this? If this is true, then Microsoft is really desperate this time.

gabriel
11-24-2002, 04:06 PM
It's not gonna happen, at least not while their current promotion is still running. After they sell off the million JSRF+GT bundles, MS will assess what needs to be done.

I dont think the second wave of price drops is too far off though, what with Sony dropping the price of the PS2 in Japan. The US cant be too far behind, and once that happens MS is sure to follow.

Kid0_oIcarus
11-25-2002, 11:07 AM
I don't know- MS has lately been leading the way for console bundles and slashing prices.

Monkey-King
11-25-2002, 11:28 AM
I agree, the current promotion will run for the rest of the year. And, sometime in February we should start hearing about what sort of Spring/Summer price drops will be in order.

The way things are going I think XBox will be moving ahead in 2003....no not ahead in total sales, but they will be increasing their market by a few %. Halo 2 will be a MONSTER game for them and when that hits I expect to see the XBox engine to increase yet again.

I also think the game media will be taking XBox a lot more seriously in 2003. Sony will still out sell them but I think the game media will be shifting focus to the concept of XBox being the "cooler" system. Media will feed upon the Goliath vs. Goliath system war that will happening over the next few years. Than means all the price drops and promotions from now on will be happening not just strategically, but rather has offensive pre-emptive weapons.

THX 1138
11-25-2002, 02:56 PM
Xbox snagged me with their bundle and Xbox-Live.
I'm happy as a pig in sh!t now:spinface:

Neo Otacon
11-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Here in Cali-for-ni-a some places like CostCo are already selling the standard units for a bill and a half. But if you want the pack-in Sega goodness that is Jet Set Radio Future (ultra-sweet) and Sega GT (Gran Turismo 3 with muscle cars), with the less-cumbersome (to the Japanese, I guess) controller S, you'd be better off witht the $199 bundle. I got mine last week, and I'm.. hap..pier tha..n a pi..g... in... nevermind.

Dark-SMOKU
12-01-2002, 01:39 AM
wow, already!? Get an Xbox for $150 and two games for free! Waiting to see the new comercial