PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore Girls is the best show on TV

Nindalf
01-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Just to make another thread that makes you all question my sexuality, I saw one of the later episodes of this show, and thought it was pretty cool, so I picked up the first season on DVD, and it is fucking awesome. I picked the second season today, even though I only watched the first ten of the first season yesterday. I'll try to finish the first season today and start watching the second season tomorrow or on the weekend.

This show is really hilarious. I first felt kind of weird watching 10 episodes of Gilmore Girls in a day, but my rational side won. It really is a quality show. Also, Lorelai is pretty hot and Rory is so adorable with that giant forehead of hers. And just in the first ten episodes there's been two references to the Nazis and one to Queen, so the writers really know their job.

Watch this show or you're part of the problem.

SuperAngelo64
01-25-2007, 08:30 AM
I thought I told you to stop watching American television.

Nindalf
01-25-2007, 08:31 AM
I'll stop watching American television when Americans stop making masterpieces like Gilmore Girls.

SoManyCHILDRENS
01-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I'll stop watching American television when Americans stop making masterpieces like Gilmore Girls.
I applaud you sir. My dad watches with my mom and me, and he pretends like he hates it, but I can tell :wink:

Alucard
01-25-2007, 10:00 AM
I actually dont get around to watching this series despite really liking it. Someday I'll grab all the seasons and pour through them happily. I also hope my future wife is as awesome as Lorelei.

SuperAngelo64
01-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Do you people listen to yourselves? :[

Alucard
01-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Do you people listen to yourselves? :[

http://www.kitsch.co.uk/acatalog/hello_kitty_clock.jpg

Nindalf
01-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I just watched the episode where some average looking guy didn't want to go out on a blind date with Lorelai because she was too tall. He called her "a maid from East Germany". :lol:

I love the dialogue in this show. So awesome.

Yoshi Girl
01-25-2007, 10:59 AM
This is my favorite show hands down. Unfortunately they took it off the WB this year, so I haven't seen any of this season. However, I'll probalby download it at some point.

Anyone who's dated me in the past 5 years has been forced to watch, and they never complained. Boys like it, they just dont want to admit it.

Nindalf
01-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I want to admit it.

On the Internet.

Anonymously.

Alexander
01-25-2007, 12:22 PM
It's quality, but I've only seen a few episodes.

welshfreak
01-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Maybe one day I'll watch it.

Diavle
01-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Saw it a few times while flipping channels during commercials, usual girlie crap.

American/Canadian television blows.

spider-prime
01-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Luke is so dreamy.

Yoshi Girl
01-25-2007, 04:12 PM
ew...

Nindalf
01-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Luke is dreamy. He's like a grizzly bear with a heart of gold. <3

spider-prime
01-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Luke is dreamy. He's like a grizzly bear with a heart of gold. <3

You summed my feelings about him exactly!

Seraph
01-25-2007, 04:28 PM
I know its kinda a running gag we have going here about being gay, but its getting out of hand.

Nindalf
01-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Appreciating male beauty does not make you gay. I'll smack you with my pink purse.

Seraph
01-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Appreciating male beauty does not make you gay.Grizzly bear with a heart of gold, sir?

Nindalf
01-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey, I'm just cool with my sensitive side.

spider-prime
01-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Damn straight, there's nothing wrong with saying a man is handsome and cool if you're a man youself.

SuperAngelo64
01-25-2007, 07:27 PM
http://www.kitsch.co.uk/acatalog/hello_kitty_clock.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3204/football20manager202006ot4.jpg

Drunken Savior
01-26-2007, 11:23 PM
I swear to god Nin is really an 11 year old girl.

AmishNazi
01-27-2007, 01:14 AM
LoL dialogue owns plot is sickening but with the percentage of good dialogue out there.... eh I love this show also :)

Nindalf
01-27-2007, 07:22 AM
I finished watching the first season this morning and starting with the second today. Got to pick up the rest next Monday. Best show ever? Possibly.

And I am not a girl. :(

Dr. Bombay
01-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Gilmore Girls has incredible writers, which is why I can watch it and not feel silly.

Omnislash005
01-27-2007, 12:10 PM
wow did the whole MB communtity get neutered overnight. This thread must be locked immediately and never see the light of day again we posters must not let our guard down and express a sensitive side this is the beginning of the end i tell you.

Nindalf
01-27-2007, 12:28 PM
You haters just haven't watched it. If you watch Gilmore girls, you love Gilmore Girls.

Omnislash005
01-27-2007, 10:02 PM
You haters just haven't watched it. If you watch Gilmore girls, you love Gilmore Girls.

I have too much respect for myself.

Nindalf
01-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm about midway through the second season, and I think they made fun of Kevin Costner. ALF is again the best show ever.

spider-prime
01-28-2007, 05:40 PM
ALF rules, I love it when he tries to eat Lucky the cat and then willie gets him in trouble, CLASSIC.

Pikachief
01-29-2007, 01:34 AM
its..................ok

Im afraid to watch it

Nindalf
01-29-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm almost done with the second season and I bought seasons 3 and 4 today. The loser store didn't have seasons 5 or 6.

SuperAngelo64
01-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Wow... you're actually serious, aren't you?

AmishNazi
01-29-2007, 05:08 PM
How much did you like The Babysitters Club paladin?

spider-prime
01-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Wow... you're actually serious, aren't you?

Why wouldn't he be?

SoManyCHILDRENS
01-31-2007, 08:37 AM
It was on last night. There was a thrilling conflict with Lorali and.... well, I won't spoil it for those of you who are still watching previous seasons.

Paper exe
01-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Go play Super Mario Bros under your tunnel like what you used to do, right NOW!1!

Nindalf
01-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I love it when Lauren Graham barks.

SoManyCHILDRENS
01-31-2007, 11:30 AM
I love it when Lauren Graham barks.
Just wait until she gets a dog

Nindalf
01-31-2007, 12:06 PM
I unfortunately know about that already, like I know about her and Luke. I really wish I hadn't seen that one later episode, although the show has made it pretty obvious those two lovebirds would hit it off.

Oh God, I am a girl. :(

AmishNazi
01-31-2007, 12:49 PM
*turns his back to the forum
*turns around

Would you like Rufi...... I mean drink Nin

Nindalf
02-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Well, after watching roughly 77 hours of Gilmore Girls this week, I've now caught up with the episodes that are currently airing here. This can't be healthy.

Nindalf
02-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Well, I couldn't wait to see what happened, so I acquired season 6 and the episodes that have aired of season 7 with less legal means.

Anyway, I'm really liking season 7, but season 6 was a bit of a disappointed. It started out great, but April appearing out of nowhere was pretty lame, and its only purpose seemed to have been breaking up Luke and Lorelai. Not cool. Not to mention I really hate the character. I was hoping that Luke would lose the custody case so she'd leave the show, but no such luck.

Also, Lorelai sleeping with Christopher the same day she and Luke broke up was just wrong. Seemed to be totally out of character as well. Her and Christopher's relationship seems to be just filler, and unless the writers are planning on doing something weird, it probably ends sometime this season.

Seventh season has been better overall, though. I used to really dislike Logan, but he's turning out to be a pretty good guy. But the fact that he plans to use his own trust fund on some business venture seems to be leading to him losing a lot of money, so this could cause some problems in his relationship with Rory.

The last episode was pretty exciting, and Lorelai seems to be realizing that Chris is a total jerk. I'm having some withdrawals because I have to wait until next Tuesday for the next episode and I have nothing to fill my days now, since for over a week I've watched this show countless of hours a day.

I also hope this won't be the last season. There's only 9 episodes left, so if they have to end it here, it'll feel rushed and I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

SoManyCHILDRENS
02-08-2007, 11:06 PM
I never liked that Chris! But they're trying to make Luke look way better than he really is. Also, if you noticed before there's a trend with Logan, whenever he starts to seem like Mr. Perfect (like taking a helicopter to get to the hospital) something happens to make him seem like an ass (like at his sister's wedding)and he'll have to redeem himself. I'm waiting for that and you can quote me when it happens.

Nindalf
02-14-2007, 05:36 AM
I just finished watching the latest episode. Poor Chin Chin.

As expected, Lorelai and Chris are all but finished. Now all that remains to be seen is how Lorelai and Luke will get back together. You know it's going to happen, although I wouldn't mind if they'd be just friends for a while like in the beginning of the show.

It was also interesting to see Logan's reaction when Rory told him about the new substitute teacher. Reminded me how Dead would have probably reacted exactly the opposite. That guy was crazy jealous.

Also, no April was a plus. I hate her.

SoManyCHILDRENS
02-14-2007, 08:36 AM
OK, this is a theory I came up with last night. So you know ohw Luke has been really sweet lately? And how he was so nice before they were together? Now think about how stupid and uncaring he seemed when they were together. Case 2, Chris was cool before they got married, and now he's a jerk. Conclusion, Loreli makes men into complete asses. No one should marry her.

Nindalf
02-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Technically Chris was always an ass, he just hid it for a while. Luke just handled the April think really badly. Right after he said they shouldn't have any secrets he wouldn't tell Lorelai about April, which was just stupid. Also, Max didn't become a jerk, even though they were really close to getting married.

SuperAngelo64
02-14-2007, 10:00 AM
So this is what the banter sounds like at a nail salon.

SoManyCHILDRENS
02-14-2007, 10:34 AM
So this is what the banter sounds like at a nail salon.
Why are you in this thread? OUT!

Nin, Luke was always behind. He wasn't as good as they're making him seem, but I always liked him more than Chris.

Nindalf
02-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I've always thought Luke was pretty introverted, but other than the whole April thing I don't really remember her treating Lorelai poorly. On the other hand, Lorelai giving that ultimatum about eloping was pretty harsh. She should have known Luke wouldn't play that way.

Nindalf
02-21-2007, 04:34 AM
After all the Chris/Lorelai drama, this week's episode was pretty freshening, although it felt a bit like a filler. Nothing drastic really happened, but it was still pretty awesome. I think the show was hurt a little by the Luke and Lorelai break up, since a lot of the best scenes of the show happened with Lorelai and Rory in Luke's Diner. It should be getting better now, though. Also, as expected Logan got into some trouble with his business. They did make that pretty obvious a while back. But I do want to know will it just be a financial problem for Logan or will he be fine money wise and it's just the failure that causes problems for him and Rory.

Next week's episode should be interesting. I want to see how the Logan and Rory storyline goes from here and if Luke and Lorelai will at least make some progress.

SoManyCHILDRENS
02-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that we're the only ones interested in this thread. Yes, last night was rather relaxing and drama-free. I was actually surprised that Lorelai told her mother about the split, I expected her to be too cowardly. It was pretty obvious that Logan's deal wouldn't work, and now he'll have to obey his father so he can make money, that was his whole trust fund! I'm sure there will be something drastic next week, but it was nice to have a filler episode for a week.

Nindalf
02-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I loved the newest episode. Seems to be a return to form for this show. No unnecessary drama. I also like how they don't seem to be rushing to get Luke and Lorelai back together, even though we all know it's going to happen. Felt like one of the older Gilmore Girls episodes to me. I hope they keep this course.

SoManyCHILDRENS
02-28-2007, 10:01 PM
I loved the newest episode. Seems to be a return to form for this show. No unnecessary drama. I also like how they don't seem to be rushing to get Luke and Lorelai back together, even though we all know it's going to happen. Felt like one of the older Gilmore Girls episodes to me. I hope they keep this course.

At first I was thinking that it was filler, but you're right, it's classic. The party was a true traditional Gilmore good time.

Alexander
02-28-2007, 10:29 PM
this show can't be that good.

SoManyCHILDRENS
02-28-2007, 11:56 PM
this show can't be that good.
Shun the non-believer

Nindalf
03-07-2007, 07:51 AM
I downloaded the newest episode, but there seemed to be some glitch. After the scene where Lorelai and Emily walk out of the door at the wedding, it jumps back to the part where Zach is talking to Luke at the diner about circumcision and stuff, and it continues normally to the same point at the end of the wedding where Emily and Lorelai leave. After that it's the scene where Zach gets the call that Lane is giving birth. Did I miss something in between the part where they leave from the wedding and when Zach gets the call?

SoManyCHILDRENS
03-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Nope. I think that was the sequence of events.

Sinful Sam
03-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Well, after watching roughly 77 hours of Gilmore Girls this week, I've now caught up with the episodes that are currently airing here. This can't be healthy.
Whoa... That's insane! :donno:

AmishNazi
03-07-2007, 10:43 AM
I downloaded the newest episode, but there seemed to be some glitch. After the scene where Lorelai and Emily walk out of the door at the wedding, it jumps back to the part where Zach is talking to Luke at the diner about circumcision and stuff, and it continues normally to the same point at the end of the wedding where Emily and Lorelai leave. After that it's the scene where Zach gets the call that Lane is giving birth. Did I miss something in between the part where they leave from the wedding and when Zach gets the call?

Wheeeeeeeew almost thought I was having a precognitive moment there or a acid flash back. Glad I saw these responses.

Nindalf
03-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Oh crap, just found out there won't be a new episode until April 10th. This sucks. Guess I'll watch my DVDs again.

welshfreak
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Well look on the bright side, you have something to live for now.

Nindalf
05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Well, seems like Gilmore Girls has officially been cancelled. Fuck The CW.

Also, last 2 episodes were awesome.

Dr. Bombay
05-03-2007, 04:16 PM
SAY WHAT?!

Fucking blasphemy.

SoManyCHILDRENS
05-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Well, seems like Gilmore Girls has officially been cancelled. Fuck The CW.

Also, last 2 episodes were awesome.

Not yet. They're setting it to end (that's why Logan got a job in California and is going to propose to Rory), but it might not. They've given the actresses a decision. If they both agree to come back, there'll be another season. Right now Lauren Graham wants to come back, but Alexis Bledel doesn't. If she doesn't change her mind, it will end.

Nindalf
05-04-2007, 05:49 AM
No, it's pretty much official that it'll be cancelled after this season. From CW:

“Announcing the final season of ‘Gilmore Girls’ is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television’s most memorable, lovable characters.

It's pretty much done now. It would have to pull a 7th Heaven to continue now.

Nindalf
05-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Just saw the last episode. Now I'm sad. :(

SoManyCHILDRENS
05-16-2007, 08:24 AM
How can it just be over?? :crying: .........someone hold me.