PDA

View Full Version : Nintend sold 75 millions Pokemon games worldwide?!

Rubeus
11-22-2002, 12:01 AM
- Nintendo announced they have received a total of 2 million preorders of their GameBoy Advance RPG Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire in Japan this week. The game is on sale in Japan today. The last seven works in the Pokemon series (Red, Green, Blue, Pikachu, Gold, Silver, and Crystal) for GameBoy / GameBoy Color have sold over a whopping 75 million units worldwide, of which 23 millions in Japan, and 52 millions in US and Europe.

That's really impressive! Doesn't this set a new record for all console games? Even the Final Fantasy series has only reached 42 millions worldwide.

Hmmm I wonder what's the number for the Super Mario and Zelda series then?

Drunken Savior
11-22-2002, 12:44 AM
Good for Nintendo's wallet, real good in fact. Bad for their attempt to shed their "kiddie" image.

That's weird that the sold more in the states than Japan. Makes me wanna watch Chimpokomon...sooo big.

Olm52
11-22-2002, 12:49 AM
thats US+EUROPE which has a population 8 times bigger...

Black Ace
11-22-2002, 01:12 AM
Mario passed 160 millions a while ago, Zelda is around 40 millions. In all, Nintendo sold more than 1.6 billion games.

Rubeus
11-22-2002, 02:52 AM
Yeah but how many Mario games are you counted for? It includes all the ones released on NES, GB, SNES, GBC, GBA, N64 and GC right? There are probably 30 - 40 games altogether!

gabriel
11-24-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Rebeus
Yeah but how many Mario games are you counted for? It includes all the ones released on NES, GB, SNES, GBC, GBA, N64 and GC right? There are probably 30 - 40 games altogether!

True, but how many copies have those sold? The lesser known titles dont account for much of the overall Mario pie ;)

Originally posted by Drunken Savior
Bad for their attempt to shed their "kiddie" image.

It's Nintendo-haters (certainly not you, of course ;)) who insist that Nintendo cant get rid of their kiddie image; Nintendo arent trying to change anything, they've stated numerous times that their main demographic is the whole family scene.

Nindalf
11-24-2002, 02:14 PM
Isint it so that actual Mario games have sold 160 million but it dosen?t count Karts,Tennis,Golf, SSB 1&2 and other games like that...atleast so i have heard

gabriel
11-24-2002, 03:11 PM
You're probably right, NiN, it would make a lot more sense if it just included the core Mario games. I wonder if Mario All-Stars would be included in that....