PDA

View Full Version : Age of Conan Features

Sidearmm
12-29-2006, 03:33 PM
I've made a little list of features to show what age of conan is showing off. This game hasn't been Hyped enough IMO. Anyone I ask Hasn't even heard of it so I'm gonna help Funcom out a bit

Mounted Combat
-Melee
-Archery
-Magic

Large scale siege battles with defenders of keeps and attackers with siege weapons
Siege Weaponry and Mounts
-Trebuches and Wooly Mammoths

Awesome Combat system
-6 directional attacks
-Combos, Special Attacks, and Fatalities

Collision Detection and Formations

Intelligent Ai - No Aggro Radius
-Enemies can Hear and Smell you along with See you

Intelligent Stealth System
-Hear Players Approaching
-Brush and Light affect Stealth bonuses

Spell Weaving - *container spell then up to 20 additional spells to create devastating magic effects*

4 Archetype 24 Classes 4 Prestige Classes and other crafting classes

No Targeting System - Cones and Aoes
-Melee attacks are cones and AoEs and Directional attacks
-Ranged combat including Spells is First Person taking skill and aim into account
-Healer Classes have a new Mechanic to them meaning you can't target your teammates with heals, but instead you have aoe and cone heals. So you have to be up in the front lines of combat.

Player Cities
-NPCs raid your cities

Level Based System - with skills points and feats
-sample skills: Lock Picking, Trap Disarm, Climbing, Health Regen

Climbable enviroments

Stealing and Theivary
-Whole PVE city districts where you can participate in stealing

50 Dungeons at Launch

Mature Rating - Older Player Base

Release game for windows Vista
-Takes advantage of the new DirectX 10 API

Dynamic Sound Tracks tha change based on Scenery

Well That's all I can think of feel free to add anything I missed

Alucard
12-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Really looking forward to this game. Cant wait to see how it turns out.

Reko8
12-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Sounds interesting

Keits
12-30-2006, 01:08 AM
This is on my list as well. Im there if its good.

ATMA
12-30-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm trying to find info about if it'll get a release in europe right away seeing as i'm quitting WoW, it might be a good chance to take a break and play this one once it comes out, so far it seems kinda friendly to casual gamers although it will likely change as the game gets bigger and all, but yeah I like so far what I have seen about this game.

Also hoping they can keep the dark world/athmosphere of the Conan world like in the books/movies.

EDIT: I figured you might as well toss the link to the classes.
http://www.ageofconan.com/common/classList/classList.html

also: Crafting info: http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=1357&sort=PRIORITY&table=CONTENT

Alucard
12-30-2006, 12:55 PM
It'll be in Europe. Its being made by the same people who did Anarchy Online. They're european.

ATMA
01-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Would be awesome if it gets release right away cause we had to wait with WoW a couple of months.

So like what classes you guys are thinking to play in AoC?

fruitsofherwomb
01-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Whens Beta?

Alucard
01-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I dont know enough about the game to choose a class just yet. I think they're in closed beta at the moment. Its supposed to be out sometime between march/june.

Daniel4802
01-01-2007, 01:14 PM
No Targeting System - Cones and Aoes
-Melee attacks are cones and AoEs and Directional attacks
-Ranged combat including Spells is First Person taking skill and aim into account
-Healer Classes have a new Mechanic to them meaning you can't target your teammates with heals, but instead you have aoe and cone heals. So you have to be up in the front lines of combat.Everything else sounds tantalizing but not being able to target individual units really concerns me.

Alucard
01-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Its because the game plays slightly different. Its more action based then classic MMO style based. You face what you want to hit.

Daniel4802
01-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Don't get me wrong: I really like the fact that it is going to be action-oriented and will require skill rather than the traditional hotkey button-mashing. I've played games that utilized directional-positioning, cone and AOE attacks, so I'm familiar with the mechanics of facing targets and having them absorb most of the damage while others in the area receive less the further they are away from the center of focus.

It would be nice if you can target a specific unit so that one takes the brunt of the damage with the directional, cone and AOE attacks - especially when you are facing multiple targets in that designated direction and want to finish off a target. In other words, I don't want to waste damage output on enemies that aren't my priority when multiple enemies are facing me in the same direction.

I suppose it wouldn't be an issue if the highest damage output you deliver in a designated direction is wide enough not to worry about finishing off a certain target.

Sidearmm
01-05-2007, 04:59 PM
The classes seem pretty awesome. Oh and I read an article about soul corruption which you inherit from using too much dark magic. Meaning classes like Dark Templar and the Defiler who recieve too much soul corruption go into a frenzy and attack their own teammates. Mages aswell can inherit soul corruption and even use more mana then their maximum, but bad curses and even a chance of exploding yourself and killing nearby teammates is the side effect.

Nem
01-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Hmm... im interested. gonna take an in-depht look.

Mistatee
01-06-2007, 01:10 AM
All this game does is accomplish what Darkfall said it would do 7 years ago, but with the promise of actually coming out. I am sensing lag from all this free action though... Or tight server boundaries/zones.

Nem
01-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Well, i took a look and havent found any in-game combat footage (aka the actual gameplay). Sounds good, looks good but i reserve my judgement to when i see how it actually is when you're playing it.

Sidearmm
01-06-2007, 07:27 AM
They showed the speccs on the machine they used in one of the videos that showed off the great graphics. It was pretty ordinary and was running xp so it didnt have the dx10 vista will come with. And I'm pretty sure the game will run smoothly since its the release game for Window's new operating system, but then again I could be wrong and I'm just playing fan boi to Funcom again.

Sidearmm
01-06-2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7981
http://www.bymitra.com/watch.php?id=26#content

Reko8
01-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I really wonder how this game will turn out. The gameplay looks alright right now, but it barely showed anything. D&D Online was also an action MMO, but didnt turn out good, so hopefully this will do better.

Alucard
01-07-2007, 12:27 AM
D&D was shit before it even came out and everyone knew this. Dont worry about Conan though because its made by people who actually know how to make good games.

Decado
01-07-2007, 02:33 AM
D&D was shit before it even came out and everyone knew this. Dont worry about Conan though because its made by people who actually know how to make good games.
Even so, don't you think the game seems a little overly ambitious? A multiplatform, MMO and single player action RPG? Most companies can't even get *one* of those right. It would be nice if they pulled it off, but I doubt it will happen. Their last multiplatform effort was weak compared to their earlier title.

Alucard
01-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Considering how the managed Anarchy Online, I've got faith in them.

Keits
01-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I liked DDO... got a good two or three months of play out of it.

Nem
01-07-2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7981
http://www.bymitra.com/watch.php?id=26#content

Thx.

Passed my quality test. :P
Now i wanna play it to see how it really works on every detail :D

Sidearmm
01-10-2007, 06:57 PM
New Trailer from the CES show :

http://bymitra.com/files/aoc_ces.wmv

Nem
01-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Well, im too lazy to make a new thread about it but it seems this game will also come out on the X360. Its confirmed in the latest interview video on gametrailers.
Since i dont have a top end PC, its wonderful news to me!

ATMA
01-12-2007, 07:04 AM
To quote the first boss in Naxx from WoW.

Instructor Razuvious;

YOU DISAPPOINT ME STUDENT!

Used the x360 money to fix your p.c, problem solved :p

Nem
01-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Problem is my PC is actually a laptop so i cant really upgrade it :(

Alucard
01-12-2007, 02:23 PM
You got till mid year to save up enough for a DX10 upgrade Thats heaps of time.

ATMA
01-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Plus you'll buy the p.c for not only 1 game but for multi tasking, like more games, surf intaweb, pr0n, schoolprojects,pr0n, emails, music, pr0n etc etc.

Go go go.

Nem
01-12-2007, 11:07 PM
You got till mid year to save up enough for a DX10 upgrade Thats heaps of time.

I'm not really well informed in PC hardware so i have no idea what that is. I do know that my laptop cant be upgraded cause its a weird model where motherboard, graphics board, network board and all small boards are one piece only. So to upgrade it, i would actually have to buy a new PC. Wich i plan to in a couple years when i get a job.
For now i cant even dream of getting a new PC cause its way too expensive. I'd have to cut on all my gaming needs for a whole year to afford it, wich is too much to ask of me.
With a bit of luck though, the game will work on my laptop even though if i want it in its full glory i will have to get a 360 at some point... after a price cut :P.

Reko8
01-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I thought DX10 was direct x 10, which is free. If not, theyre talking about some kind of graphics card feature.

Nem
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Oh! If its DirectX10, the game will work on that format on Windows Vista and DirectX9 on XP. The guy in the video interview i mentioned before also said that.

Well since i mentioned it twice now i should leave a link for the interview.

Here it is:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1905
Its the CES 07 Graphics and Gameplay Interview video.

Alucard
01-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, this is the year of DX10 upgrading. I dunno but if you're happy spending money on a 360, you could get a PC that would be probably a bit more powerful then it with around the same amount of money. That doesnt include monitor though which I have no idea if you have one or not. But yeah laptops are generally not very upgradable.

Decado
01-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Yeah, this is the year of DX10 upgrading. I dunno but if you're happy spending money on a 360, you could get a PC that would be probably a bit more powerful then it with around the same amount of money. That doesnt include monitor though which I have no idea if you have one or not. But yeah laptops are generally not very upgradable.
IMO, that's next year. It doesn't seem to be worth it this year (Crysis notwithstanding). Plenty of time for prices to drop, developers to get on board and M$ to work the bugs out of DX10 and Vista.

Alucard
01-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Yeah Crysis is the only big thing that I'd really want to play badly. My DX10 upgrade isnt schedualed till end of the year. I'll have my video card for over 3 years by then and the thing still runs most games at full detail.

Reko8
01-13-2007, 11:36 AM

Im waiting to get a LCD 19" monitor from my work for $20

Reko8
01-18-2007, 06:25 PM
I got a $30 card for Barnes and Nobles so I think I'm going to go purchase the first part of the collection for Conan. Seems like a good read.

Alucard
01-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Whats the LCD screen?

Heres some new info on classes for the game-

http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?session=29wt189s7wz5o3ef4r29cjrudkg8d 5&func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=1506&sort=PRIORITY&table=CONTENT