PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Game Show 2007 to be canned?!

Rubeus
11-22-2006, 08:35 PM
:slap: Rumors said TGS 2007 will be canned, because Sony, Capcom and other major publishers are cutting back on budgets + a chain reaction to E3.

Kiuju2k
11-22-2006, 10:09 PM
hahaha why does that sound utterly retarded. Because Sony's feelings got hurt now we all have to suffer. lol

phknrocket1k
11-22-2006, 11:54 PM
I think this will probably make X0 and SpaceWorld more prominent events.

Icarus4578
11-23-2006, 12:13 AM
hahaha why does that sound utterly retarded. Because Sony's feelings got hurt now we all have to suffer. lol

Just like with E3. But remember, games are becoming more expensive to develop, especially on X360 and the super money-gouging PS3, so developers have to consolidate as much as they can in order to develop those titles. This trend, as well as others (oversaturation, micro-transactions, etc.), is the kind of thing that's signaling the beginning of a second market crash. But first the market would have to begin getting swallowed whole -- developers would be filing for bankruptcy at a normal pace, with some being bought out/merging in order to "survive," and this downward trend would continue until only a few select companies were left. Gaming is becoming increasingly expensive and, as is everything else these days, and so people will be more cautious about what they put their money on.

sharky~
11-24-2006, 01:36 AM
:slap: Rumors said TGS 2007 will be canned, because Sony, Capcom and other major publishers are cutting back on budgets + a chain reaction to E3.
Why is Capcom cutting back on budgets?!

Rubeus
11-24-2006, 01:44 AM
that is cutting back on game shows budget, not game development.

GrantXP
11-24-2006, 04:56 AM
What was the actual official reason behind no E3???

Sinful Sam
11-24-2006, 04:58 AM
Wow. I didn't think this would happen.

Nindalf
11-24-2006, 06:14 AM
they're just afraid of SPACEWORLD.

Nem
11-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Hmm... doesnt make sense to me. No shows = less exposure of their products wich in place = drop in sales. Dunno if its such a good idea for companies to do this. The logical course of action would be to make few but high-selling games. Go figure :P were in this mess because of hardware developers anyways, so let them take the heat of the wind they brought. :evilsmile

diunx
11-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Hmm... doesnt make sense to me. No shows = less exposure of their products wich in place = drop in sales. Dunno if its such a good idea for companies to do this. The logical course of action would be to make few but high-selling games. Go figure :P were in this mess because of hardware developers anyways, so let them take the heat of the wind they brought. :evilsmile

the big publishers like sony, konami, capcom, SE have their own shows, so this just mean that instead of getting lots of info from the big games from these companies the same day we will have to wait for their own events. :(