PDA

View Full Version : DOAX review!

DBJAY
11-13-2002, 02:38 PM
http://www.tokyopia.com/reviews.asp?reviewsid=40

A selected passage.....

"But DOAX is nothing less than a surgical reinvention of the series. It's the yin to the fighting game's yang. From the moment the title screen boots up, with a rotating lush tropical island and the bouncy strains of 'How Crazy Are You?' -- you're entering a relaxed, utopian gaming. Relax, the game says. Slow down. There's no hardship in this place. There is not a frustrating, aggressive, un-fun line of code in this entire game. It has been designed from start to finish as an exercise in unadulterated, chilled out joy. I really, really dug it."

Havoc2049
11-13-2002, 03:44 PM
Cool find, DBJAY. Can't wait for this game.

"How crazy are you..ba, da, ba..ba, da, ba...ba, da, ba, da, da.."

I don't like that kind of music...but it just seems to work in this game.:D

Rubeus
11-13-2002, 06:40 PM
I don't think the game has any high play value, except for watching the CG girls running around and showing poses.

Havoc2049
11-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Here is your high play value....

From the review:
"The heart of the game is, nonetheless, the volleyball game. I'm pleased to say that this, frankly, plays like digital crack....................Couple this with the emotional element of choosing/buying different play partner, and you have a strangely compelling, strategic volleyball experience."

Granted, this is only one review. I guess we will find out more as more reviews come in.