PDA

View Full Version : Wii Component Cables Update

darren
11-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Available online and at select retailers when the system launches. Details inside.

We recently caught up with Nintendo of America's vice president of marketing and corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan, to chat about all things Wii. Our first question was naturally related to how we might come by the hotly sought after component cables for the console - a hurdle that haunts our dreams. Nintendo previously announced that the cables would be able to purchase online, but now we have further clarification. This is a snippet from the conversation:

IGN Wii: What's up with Wii component cables? When can we get them, and how?

Perrin Kaplan: The component cable is going to be sold online and it's also going to be at three retailers. So Circuit City, GameStop and Best Buy. They'll have it online and they'll have it at retailers.

IGN Wii: Oh great, so you'll be able to walk in and buy them at those retailers? Fantastic.

Perrin Kaplan: Yeah. And we did that just because we knew that you were being really grumpy about it. Just kidding! But we knew you were really worried about it.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/744/744867p1.html

Joe Redifer
11-09-2006, 03:27 AM
It is weird that Nintendo is actually thinking about their customers.

But Circuit City? They never have any customers. They have very little selection of everything they sell as well, plus they tend to get games in weeks after they are released. So who knows when that store will actually get the cables in.

Serbine
11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Cool, now we have a better chance of getting one

Reko8
11-12-2006, 08:52 PM

But Circuit City? They never have any customers. They have very little selection of everything they sell as well, plus they tend to get games in weeks after they are released. So who knows when that store will actually get the cables in.

maybe in australlia...

Alexander
11-12-2006, 08:58 PM

The CCs I've been to always have plenty in stock, have said stock on day 1 and usually have it for a lower price. It's the best game store around.

spider-prime
11-12-2006, 10:10 PM
according to people who play the Wii without component cables on their HDTVs it will look FUGLY!

Joe Redifer
11-13-2006, 01:11 AM
I don't understand why anyone with an HDTV would dare use it without component cables.

spider-prime
11-13-2006, 01:15 AM
cause you can't buy them yet is my guess.

So they had to play them with the composite cables.

Pikachief
11-13-2006, 01:47 AM
the only TV i have that isnt HD is about 16 in. :(

i hope i can get the cables! :scream:

Darklight
11-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I hope the Canadian Best Buy sells them too.
I had to order my Gamecube Component Cables from the Nintendo Store.

Joe Redifer
11-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Everyone had to order the GC component cables directly from Nintendo (unless you lived in Japan). Remember, Nintendo is usually about 4 to 5 years behind the rest of the planet.