PDA

View Full Version : reasons XBOX beats the others

xbox86
11-12-2002, 06:54 PM
for all those who have or will make a 100-200 dollar mistake by buying the gamecube or ps2
all right if u actually believe the other systems are better u need 2 read this

XBOX
COMES STANDARD WITH
8 GB hard drive
64 MB ram
733 MHz Pentium 3
-------------------------
has best DVD player of the 3 systems
best graphics
can save music on hard drive
can connect to 3 other XBOXs for network games

plus not to mention more and more game companys are making games for the xbox:haha:

---------------------------------------------
Flame bait

- Solar

Kid0_oIcarus
11-12-2002, 07:24 PM
Xbox is a very good investment imo.... if you like the games on it.

But I don't. So therefore it isn't for me.

The PS2 has the most games out there, with some major exclusives. It's online too.

The GameCube has Nintendo, as well as third party love. It can go online, but no one knows what that holds...

The Xbox.. well it has good games too.. and most it's games do look very pretty. It's also got an online plan, if you care about that.

Which system(s) has the games you want to play?
That alone is what should sway you.

Remember.. we're not shopping for computers here...

xsarien
11-12-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Xbox is a very good investment imo.... if you like the games on it.

But I don't. So therefore it isn't for me.

The PS2 has the most games out there, with some major exclusives. It's online too.

The GameCube has Nintendo, as well as third party love. It can go online, but no one knows what that holds...

The Xbox.. well it has good games too.. and most it's games do look very pretty. It's also got an online plan, if you care about that.

Which system(s) has the games you want to play?
That alone is what should sway you.

Remember.. we're not shopping for computers here...

Aye. If hardware was the deciding factor alone, the XBox would be doing much better. It's the games; it will always be the games. The only "mistake" people make when deciding what console to buy is making their decision based on what's under the hood.

Reality
11-12-2002, 08:51 PM
I thought IGN said the PS2 had the best DVD player. Sounds odd I know but I could be wrong.

xsarien
11-13-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Reality
I thought IGN said the PS2 had the best DVD player. Sounds odd I know but I could be wrong.

"Best" should really be used rather loosely. I don't think any real formal experiments have been done to see which console's actually better at the task; some will tell you PS2, others will swear it's the XBox. Regardless, neither of them is a dedicated DVD player, so the quality's not going to be anything outstanding.

IoriYagami n8
11-13-2002, 01:41 AM
Well, everyone seems to get the general idea that hardware specs mean little. As for the only thing that has seemed to really seep through (that being dvd playback). IGN did rate the PS2 dvd playback better, and I honestly don't know what the hell they were thinking. What I can easily say that is that the Gamecube with dvd playback (the Panasonic Q) utterly crushes both the PS2 and X-box in that department. Not only with superior playback and all, but it plays vcds too. It's quite sexy I might add. quite sexy.

x-gamer
11-13-2002, 02:58 AM
Another pathetic X-fanboy with of course, irrational lame reasonings. How many times I've seen stupid narrow-minded people like xbox86 many times say the same thing?

X what? Oh yes, eXtinct! Yep! PlayStation2 has the most titles, and it's the games that gamers count, not the internal specs of a game console. You even want to debate with me that PS2 has sold more units than your Xbox did? Yeah, don't get me wrong, I have a Xbox, however, I don't have much titles for it, so I end up playing my PSX or Dreamcast more than my Xbox.

Twelve
11-13-2002, 05:29 AM
LOL...the funniest thing in the world is when people try to promote a system based on hardware. I want and play good videoGAMES, not videoCONSOLES.

Canton
11-13-2002, 05:40 AM
Initially, all consoles are promoted on the techincal side. It is only those with a freakishly short memory who forget that all three companies have used the hardware angle as a marketing tool. Do you think Sony and MS are making mistakes when talking about the hardware power of their next consoles? Sony has gone on record about the mysterious cell concept - and left gaming out of the equation entirely! Even GC used the angle that the hardware was designed for ease of use for the developers during their publicity for their console.

typexig
11-13-2002, 06:48 AM
wow..finally!!.i just had a change of heart.. that xbox is the best out of the 3..lol i think i should sell ma ps2 and get the thing called xbox cuz its better yah?...i cant wait to get one..thanks xbox86..lol...this is funny...once i get it ama call all ma friends and show em ma new console called the xbox..and ama tell em that it comes with a 8gb hdd, 64mb ram, 733 mhz petium 3...then all ma friends are gonna go get one too yah??..lol..i gotz a questoin though...does the thing call xbox play games? if so what games does it have??..lol..coolzzz..=)

-Xig-

Mohtools
11-13-2002, 07:48 AM
Its TOO HOT!
ItsTOO SEXY!
Its the sexbox!!!!

:crazy:

xsarien
11-13-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Canton
Initially, all consoles are promoted on the techincal side. It is only those with a freakishly short memory who forget that all three companies have used the hardware angle as a marketing tool. Do you think Sony and MS are making mistakes when talking about the hardware power of their next consoles? Sony has gone on record about the mysterious cell concept - and left gaming out of the equation entirely! Even GC used the angle that the hardware was designed for ease of use for the developers during their publicity for their console.

No, I'm not forgetting. They release the tech specs and parade them around a bit just to show how much of an improvement it is over the previous generation. Nothing wrong with that. However, I'm of firm mind that you shouldn't use the raw power of the console as a crutch, especially a year into its lifespan. Peoples' interest turn back to "What games will we get?" fairly quickly.

baratus
11-13-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by xbox86
for all those who have or will make a 100-200 dollar mistake by buying the gamecube or ps2
all right if u actually believe the other systems are better u need 2 read this

XBOX
COMES STANDARD WITH
8 GB hard drive
64 MB ram
733 MHz Pentium 3
-------------------------
has best DVD player of the 3 systems
best graphics
can save music on hard drive
can connect to 3 other XBOXs for network games

plus not to mention more and more game companys are making games for the xbox:haha:

And you?d rather sacrifice good quality games for all those features the Xbox has? Get a life dude. I hate when fanboys come here to brag about what his/her favorite system has over the other consoles, and games? what games are you referring to, Halo?

DBJAY
11-13-2002, 10:53 PM
Please don't ask people to generate a list of games that make a system worth owning. It really is personal preference after all, so to generate a list out of the 150 or so Xbox games available as a justification is an excersize in futility.

gabriel
11-13-2002, 11:04 PM
Speaking of excersises in futility, look at the nature of this thread. Notice how many posts xbox86 has? You guys are only making your fingers tired by typing, and you're preaching to the converted.