PDA

View Full Version : Xbox sales surge in UK!

DBJAY
11-12-2002, 06:54 PM
CHRISTMAS BOOSTS UK HARDWARE SALES

Microsoft's machine rockets 46 percent over last week's figures, GameCube stiffs on a 3 percent rise and PS2 smashes the light-barrier

15:19 The Christmas spending rush began in earnest last week as console sales rose across the board in Britain, with big winners emerging as Xbox and PlayStation 2.
Xbox sales rose 46 percent to 15,102 in the week ending November 10. The sound you're hearing is Microsoft staffers screaming for joy, especially when you compare that figure to GameCube sales.

The Nintendo console sold 6,839 machines last week, a rise of a mere 3 percent. Game Boy Advance remained the star of Nintendo's show in the run-up to Christmas, shifting 15,557 units, a rise of 14 percent week over week.

Now for the biggy. PlayStation 2 sold 45,245 consoles in Britain last week, a 14 percent increase over the previous seven days. And with the release of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City last Friday, you can expect this week's figures to increase again. Don't underestimate, etc.

:cool guy:

Black Ace
11-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Didn't they just cut the price there?

DBJAY
11-12-2002, 08:17 PM
I think they are offering more of the bundle offers over there varying from retailer to retailer. I think they get the US version of the bundle pack very soon.

Kid0_oIcarus
11-12-2002, 08:25 PM
See? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that bundles work (when they're actually a deal...)

Havoc2049
11-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Good news, this brings more sheep into the fold.:D

xsarien
11-13-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by AtariX
Good news, this brings more sheep into the fold.:D

"Sheep"? Freud would be proud. :) It's nice to see a good ol' fashioned fight between the two consoles in the UK. I'd be interested in seeing actual totals so far, though. 15k won't help much if the XBox is still trailing by a couple hundred thousand.

Nindalf
11-13-2002, 09:59 AM
Actually Xbox is ahead of GC in UK but the rest of the europe...:haha:

Although i saw very interresting article...was it IGN or something...That some Steven something posted that Xbox is ahead in Germany,France and Sweden But there was no good source