PDA

View Full Version : Does reality have a point?

murray
10-20-2006, 08:31 PM
I used to find his opinions balanced and just, but since a few months ago Reality seems to be Nintendos profit of doom and revels in it.
Goodbye Zelda, Wii=Gamecube with gimmick pad.
Please stop, its tedious, if i did the same and cussed PS? CONSTANTLY i would probably be banned and accused of starting flame wars left, right and centre.

justin_credible
10-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Could this have been accomplished through PM? YES!

I thought making a thread just to trash someone was bannable?

Reality
10-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Its a act so looked down upon it gets the creator of the thread banned and the person he was talking about! Aaaah!!....ok maybe not.

Ok though, I'm willing to talk. Um, what's on anyone's mind?

justin_credible
10-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Heh, why was the thread's name changed? I liked the other one better. :crying:

SuperAngelo64
10-20-2006, 09:30 PM
You know with a thread topic like that, I thought it meant something deeper. :(

murray
10-20-2006, 09:32 PM
personally i was pissed to see the wii was graphically far inferior to 360 and ps3 but i find the controller very exciting and understand graphics isnt always king

So is a new controller method enough? bearing in mind the success and fun to be had with a DS which is essentially a portable N64 with touch screen.

Reality, is your negative outlook on nin based solely on wii's lack of horsepower? Do you think the hardcore will be dissapointed with what they get for their $250?

Mistatee
10-20-2006, 09:36 PM
THe hardcore nintendo fanboys wouldn't be dissapointed with Nintendo even if their next system downgraded to N64 graphics becuase the decided to focus on nostalgia. They system would sell out even with a $200 price tag...

diunx
10-20-2006, 09:53 PM
I used to find his opinions balanced and just, but since a few months ago Reality seems to be Nintendos profit of doom and revels in it.
Goodbye Zelda, Wii=Gamecube with gimmick pad.
Please stop, its tedious, if i did the same and cussed PS? CONSTANTLY i would probably be banned and accused of starting flame wars left, right and centre.

a lot of people(including you) complaint about anything that has to do with the ps3 and sony in general yet no one has any problem with that, but you complaint about ONE member here posting negative news about the wii or posting his honest opininon about the system.

this is the magic box International Video Gaming News not the magicc box nintendo fanboys social club.

justin_credible
10-20-2006, 09:55 PM
lolwned

Seraph
10-20-2006, 09:57 PM
its his opinion hes allowed to express it.

He dosent come into the Nintendo section like some members used to with "F'ING NINTENDO PEICE OF S**T, Have fun buying a gamecube u fags!!". He dosent even insult Nintendo fans.

His opinion and outlook is just that. His. If you disagree with it like I usually do then discuss it. Dont get pissed, dont get upset, just discuss and debate your opinions.

spider-prime
10-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Reality is right tho! Nintendo geekmims just can't accept that fact.

Alexander
10-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm sick of talking about the Wii. It's all been said.

Alucard
10-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Taking votes to ban Reality!

Ryan_Robert
10-20-2006, 11:13 PM
No! Cmon aussman, reality is awesome! BTW ur new avatar is funny lol

Reko8
10-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Yeah I dont care about graphics in games. The advancements in graphics are getting slimmer and slimmer to notice. The stage theyre at now is good.

Reality
10-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Well, to answer your first question, no. :) Every since the Wii started Nintendo has told us it be the console wouldn't be Ps3 and 360 stuff. I was ok with that. The Cube had itself some power. Great looking games were made on it. Not just in graphics but in art. I have a more, well, criticism outlook to them cause as people have seen my opinions change, over time I have seen Nintendo's talk change too. So my opinion starts to change the more I watch and study the new behavior.

An example of this be like in E3 2005. Nintendo got on stage at E3 to tell people when they see the Wii's graphics they were going to say "..Wow". As I see it, this was a fan-service quote. Why? A lot of big numbers were pushed at E3 and Nintendo wanted people to be assured in them that they have more then just a remote in the works. Skip ahead to 2006/2007 and Miyamoto himself will say in quote what our eyes are already thinking, "its basically a GC." When it comes to the simple factor of horse power I have no problem with what the Wii has. Metroid, Mario, ect are still nice looking games. Not the GCN x2 stuff the Nintendo reps were whispering into the ears of the press but they still look good.

My criticism with the Wii's power is that I'm seeing two different Nintendo's when they talk about it. There's this older one saying "We can't show anything but between you and me..*nudge* ..its going to be "WOW" *wink*..and so affordable your grandma will buy one" then 1-2 years later your got a Nintendo saying "Yeah, basically a Cube, and its going to cost $250 for console. Closer to $400 if you want to do what we was working gamers up about in 2005." Which would be owning a signal system, one real game, at lest 1 more controller, a retro controller, with all the taxes. (I'm not even counting memory cards as I don't know for sure if they are needed or not for game saves right at launch) Which stills falls short of the Wii's 2005 image of a console 4 people are playing together because its inexpensive fun. A system grandma bought and put into her living room just to try out. Or this "wow" hardware at a "affordable" price. Sony gets criticize constantly cause they will lead you on like a dog walking on a treadmill. With the attentions of never filling everything they are leading you on about. And while some may not like the idea, Nintendo did nothing different from the past to present day. They told you what you wanted/needed to hear, and then did what they planned to do from the start. So I criticize their work cause its different from their talk. Some say I'm just negative about console games needing a DS to play, or giving GCN owners a cold shoulder to assure Nintendo's bigger plans. And I am. But I don't feel like I'm doing it out of a anti-biased against them. I do it cause I don't praise bad work or bad decisions. Which makes me seem like a hater among a crowed a worship ready gamers.

Now for the 2nd question, :sweat: simply put, I can not speak on behalf of the hardcore. Only myself and maybe people I think I'm accurate with. The hardcore are a mixed breed of gamers. As a hardcore, no price is to much for the system you want to play/support. Or at lest thats the impression I get when I look at all the guys lining up for PS3s. If Nintendo supplies these guys with a bone, they should predictably chew on it for hours continently.

Ryan_Robert
10-21-2006, 12:37 AM
They need to make another game that is like Mario 64, that was the first game I ever played and I love the memories I have with it...

SuperAngelo64
10-21-2006, 03:12 AM
He dosent come into the Nintendo section like some members used to with "F'ING NINTENDO PEICE OF S**T, Have fun buying a gamecube u fags!!". He dosent even insult Nintendo fans.

We're talking about the same Reality right?

darren
10-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Well, to answer your first question, no. :) Every since the Wii started Nintendo has told us it be the console wouldn't be Ps3 and 360 stuff. I was ok with that. The Cube had itself some power. Great looking games were made on it. Not just in graphics but in art. I have a more, well, criticism outlook to them cause as people have seen my opinions change, over time I have seen Nintendo's talk change too. So my opinion starts to change the more I watch and study the new behavior.

An example of this be like in E3 2005. Nintendo got on stage at E3 to tell people when they see the Wii's graphics they were going to say "..Wow". As I see it, this was a fan-service quote. Why? A lot of big numbers were pushed at E3 and Nintendo wanted people to be assured in them that they have more then just a remote in the works. Skip ahead to 2006/2007 and Miyamoto himself will say in quote what our eyes are already thinking, "its basically a GC." When it comes to the simple factor of horse power I have no problem with what the Wii has. Metroid, Mario, ect are still nice looking games. Not the GCN x2 stuff the Nintendo reps were whispering into the ears of the press but they still look good.

My criticism with the Wii's power is that I'm seeing two different Nintendo's when they talk about it. There's this older one saying "We can't show anything but between you and me..*nudge* ..its going to be "WOW" *wink*..and so affordable your grandma will buy one" then 1-2 years later your got a Nintendo saying "Yeah, basically a Cube, and its going to cost $250 for console. Closer to $400 if you want to do what we was working gamers up about in 2005." Which would be owning a signal system, one real game, at lest 1 more controller, a retro controller, with all the taxes. (I'm not even counting memory cards as I don't know for sure if they are needed or not for game saves right at launch) Which stills falls short of the Wii's 2005 image of a console 4 people are playing together because its inexpensive fun. A system grandma bought and put into her living room just to try out. Or this "wow" hardware at a "affordable" price. Sony gets criticize constantly cause they will lead you on like a dog walking on a treadmill. With the attentions of never filling everything they are leading you on about. And while some may not like the idea, Nintendo did nothing different from the past to present day. They told you what you wanted/needed to hear, and then did what they planned to do from the start. So I criticize their work cause its different from their talk. Some say I'm just negative about console games needing a DS to play, or giving GCN owners a cold shoulder to assure Nintendo's bigger plans. And I am. But I don't feel like I'm doing it out of a anti-biased against them. I do it cause I don't praise bad work or bad decisions. Which makes me seem like a hater among a crowed a worship ready gamers.

Now for the 2nd question, :sweat: simply put, I can not speak on behalf of the hardcore. Only myself and maybe people I think I'm accurate with. The hardcore are a mixed breed of gamers. As a hardcore, no price is to much for the system you want to play/support. Or at lest thats the impression I get when I look at all the guys lining up for PS3s. If Nintendo supplies these guys with a bone, they should predictably chew on it for hours continently.

I think you will find threads like this is what caused Murray to say what he did mate

http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19472

here you make up utter nonsense saying the ONLY way to play Wii Pokemon is with the DS ..

you take the announcement of being able to use the ds to control the game and DEGATIVE SPIN it round to say you cannot use anything else but the DS to play the game with NO facts to back it up ..

Paper exe
10-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I think you lot are overreacting and shouldn't attack little old reality like that. The more a person talks the lower his credibility and listener become. It is simply how logic works. That guy get more active and people start seeing a lot of him, so he no longer became the same guy that you would rarely hear from and the same guy that barely say anything and rarely fall in to mistakes. I did feel the same way (kind off) but at lest I understand his position.

Reality that's all your fault, you gave us more than what we can handle. : (

murray
10-21-2006, 12:56 PM
As i understand it he feels they bigged up the power of the machine and as of yet he isnt that impressed with the machine and he thinks its $50 too expensive.

We should bear in mind here that he is judging a sytem on video clips and stills and internet news...hes not evn played Wii yet, he might play it and fall in love with it.

Reality
10-21-2006, 02:06 PM
I think you will find threads like this is what caused Murray to say what he did mate

http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19472

here you make up utter nonsense saying the ONLY way to play Wii Pokemon is with the DS ..

you take the announcement of being able to use the ds to control the game and DEGATIVE SPIN it round to say you cannot use anything else but the DS to play the game with NO facts to back it up ..

If you look at article again and read it through, you can see that the DS has been, as of now, the only reviled method of playing the game. So how you think I made that up I have no idea. If I was to go around in saying that you can use the remote as well then I would be making that up cause there is no "facts" stating such a thing. I simply posted a article, commented on how I want it to be feature and not a restriction, and you guys act like I made it up. People need to read for yourselves some and realize I said nothing the article didn't. If you did then you wouldn't be posting 2-3 pages of comments on your fictions and believing in it.

As i understand it he feels they bigged up the power of the machine and as of yet he isnt that impressed with the machine and he thinks its $50 too expensive.

We should bear in mind here that he is judging a sytem on video clips and stills and internet news...hes not evn played Wii yet, he might play it and fall in love with it.

Yes, you have it correct mostly. From where I stand in the distance I think they made it much weaker then what they said they was going to and made it much more expensive then they hinting for. (There is in all reality no different then Sony did for the PSP). So I don't stand overly impressed with the hardware considering the price we are paying for a system that uses a remote. Though don't get me wrong, I'm pretty excited about how the remote works and really look forward to the future of the system. But even Seraph (Not calling ya out or anything :)) will agree that Nintendo is cashing in with the Wii launch price and pay for it accessories that should be free (retro controller). The only difference between us, though we share that same opinion on that, is he'll find a way to still be happy for them about it. I do not. I don't make a effort to be happy for someone who does that kind of stuff. Maybe if they were in dept. It be another story. But its out of greed. Being happy for them over that is like someone telling me to be happy for Sony for not dropping the price of the PSP. I'm just going to shake my head.

None the less, while I may not be hugging myself in love for the launch tactic of this system I do greatly look forward to the future it has. And when the price cuts start to happen and the launch titles meant to come out do so in the spring and summer, I will eagerly read reviews and watch movies on those titles.

Soba
10-21-2006, 02:23 PM
OMG REALITY SUX I H8 HIM

C4RL
10-21-2006, 03:23 PM
It's not that serious. Quit bitching.

diunx
10-21-2006, 06:45 PM
murray is complaing about no achievements in the ps3 some MUST make a thread about him.

murray
10-21-2006, 06:48 PM
jesus, i wasnt complaining about it. i said it was shame they didnt adopt it, i like the system. I posted an article from gamespot as it was news, thought that was the idea of forums, people discuss news, share opinions etc

Make a thread about me if you like im almost 30 and more than capable of defending myself ...in fact id probably enjoy it

SuperAngelo64
10-21-2006, 06:51 PM
This seems to be more like a Reality interview thread! I think I'll ask a few more questions!

1. Were your parents abusive as a child?
2. How bad is the Powerglove?
3. How do you feel knowing your latest album did sub-par when you previously released 3 platinum albums in the late 80's
4. Would you like to play MONEY MAKING GAME?!
5. Why are you wrong about everything?

Drunken Savior
10-21-2006, 06:58 PM
...This thread should be renamed "Come see the pot call the kettle black"

AmishNazi
10-21-2006, 07:05 PM

PWN'ed

diunx
10-21-2006, 07:06 PM

QFT :lol:

Reality
10-21-2006, 07:07 PM
This seems to be more like a Reality interview thread! I think I'll ask a few more questions!

1. Were your parents abusive as a child?

I wasn't around when my parents were children.

2. How bad is the Powerglove?

"Its so bad.."

3. How do you feel knowing your latest album did sub-par when you previously released 3 platinum albums in the late 80's

I think you need to take another look at my talent before you ask me that question.

4. Would you like to play MONEY MAKING GAME?!

So awesome.

5. Why are you wrong about everything?

Cause everyone else is right about nothing.

murray
10-21-2006, 07:07 PM

:crying:

UniGamer
10-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Murray why did you start a thread like this??? It's the last thing i could picture you doing. You normally have an issue and by the next day you let it go.

murray
10-21-2006, 07:22 PM
i was really drunk last night dude, my bad, i pm'd reality and said sorry

camac
10-21-2006, 07:28 PM
You're lucky you can't get arrested for posting while under the influence. :P

UniGamer
10-21-2006, 07:28 PM
I knew something was amiss damned alcohol. This is a prime example of why it should be made a criminal offence to drink! :spinface:

murray
10-21-2006, 07:29 PM
i have learned, i was particularly ruined when i posted tho :spinface:

Pikachief
10-21-2006, 09:38 PM
THe hardcore nintendo fanboys wouldn't be dissapointed with Nintendo even if their next system downgraded to N64 graphics becuase the decided to focus on nostalgia. They system would sell out even with a $200 price tag...

i must not be hardcore enough :crying:

UniGamer
10-21-2006, 09:41 PM
i must not be hardcore enough :crying:

Bury your head in shame :)

Vegetto
10-22-2006, 02:08 AM

ban him

welshfreak
10-22-2006, 08:18 AM
To add my unwanted two cents into this thread, I'd say Reality makes some very good points, acting as the "disenfranchised nintendo fan" that accounts for a large slice of our regulars here at the Magicbox. Keep up the good work, although I'd have to say the thread about only using DS's as controllers was a bit over the top, but still, you make valid arguments.

spider-prime
10-22-2006, 08:51 AM
wait wait wait wait........ Murray, you let something on this forum get to you enough that even tho while drunk actually make you post something this tedious.... "Laughing Out Loud"

Troll bait you are! *Jangles car keys in front of you*

Reality
10-22-2006, 02:26 PM
To add my unwanted two cents into this thread, I'd say Reality makes some very good points, acting as the "disenfranchised nintendo fan" that accounts for a large slice of our regulars here at the Magicbox. Keep up the good work, although I'd have to say the thread about only using DS's as controllers was a bit over the top, but still, you make valid arguments.

Ah what can I say? I'm a bad person. :P I didn't think that thread would step on so many people's toes though. Considering I said nothing the article didn't say. Which is that you need a DS to play this Wii RPG.

spider-prime
10-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Ah what can I say? I'm a bad person. :P I didn't think that thread would step on so many people's toes though. Considering I said nothing the article didn't say. Which is that you need a DS to play this Wii RPG.

tsk tsk tsk, and you wonder why people hate you.

Ryan_Robert
10-24-2006, 05:31 AM
You forgot Polend. kk im off 2 sleep bye ppl alucard is the best yo. and joe redifer is really cool. and that bat sunglasses guy is wak too. just, my point is dont ban me.

SoManyCHILDRENS
10-24-2006, 09:30 AM
You forgot Polend. kk im off 2 sleep bye ppl alucard is the best yo. and joe redifer is really cool. and that bat sunglasses guy is wak too. just, my point is dont ban me.

Are you asking to be tucked in or something?

B.B. Gambini
10-24-2006, 11:42 AM

so whatd you get smashed on?

Drunken Savior
10-25-2006, 12:34 AM
This thread is getting closed, but I wanna make one point:

DO NOT MAKE THREADS CALLING OUT OTHER MEMBERS AS FANBOYS.

It's pointless, and no one wants to come here and see three new threads where the whole point of the thread is to personally attack other members.

If you feel like someone's opinion should be challenged, do so in a thread. I know we all get caught up in the internets, but seriously, no one wants to see you fight another guy 'online.' So keep it to yourself or try to settle your differences via PM. If push comes to shove and the argument is getting more personal or violent, contact a mod. (tee hee)