PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and Parasite Eve for GBA!?

Pikachu
05-01-2002, 02:06 AM
From today's news: Square is planning to reproduce classic hits such as Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Seiken Densetsu and Parasite Eve.

Since FFT is already announced for GBA, so it is very likely these other titles are also coming GBA next year. Any thoughts on that?
:D

Phie
05-01-2002, 09:46 AM
Makes me wanna reconsider... I decided that I would never get a GBA because of that horrible non-existent backlight screen it's got but seems like that'll change damn soon :p . Great games, that, can't miss out on them!

Badboon
05-01-2002, 12:22 PM
I hope that Square Soft decides on making Game Boy Advance versions of the three NES Final Fantasies and the three SNES Final Fantasies, since most of these older Final Fantay games were never released in English/North America (unless you include all of those "unofficially translated ROMS" all over the Internet).
What they could do is perhaps put the three NES ones in one gamepak, kinda like how Sega is said to be doing for its Game Boy Advance port of the first three Phantasy Star games.

Black Sugar
05-01-2002, 12:29 PM
huh....?

sorry.. i faint ^.^! FFT and now Chrono Trigger! ! What a saddistic way to make a guy happy....-.- ...

.... (faint again....)

ATMA
05-01-2002, 12:38 PM
SQUARESOFT what would i do without you ??..:D
would be great indeed if they bring the first three FF series to the gba ,..kinda like on the wonderswan !!! BEEFCAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!:cool:

cartman414
05-01-2002, 07:16 PM
Yes, BEEEEEEEEEEEFCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE indeed!!! They should definitely port over the initial Seiken Densetsu trilogy as well, well at least 2 and 3 since the first came out on Game Boy as Final Fantasy Adventure. I admittedly wasn't the biggest fan of SD2, aka Secret of Mana, as it seemed too much on the cutesy side to me (take that, Nintendo bashing Square fanboys!), but Seiken Densetsu 3 may be the best game that never made it here to the US, and that's no small compliment.

Pikachu
05-02-2002, 10:59 PM
What about new titles? They can't just rely on remaking old games, something original would be nice.

cartman414
05-03-2002, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Pikachu
What about new titles? They can't just rely on remaking old games, something original would be nice.

Well it's not like any of us didn't want them to create new games, it's just that given that they no doubt find the GBA to be a cash cow, they may as well pull the right remix chords, especially where games that never made it here are involved.

Lynx
05-05-2002, 07:57 PM
If Square releases them on the GBA maybe I'll get one. Then I won't have to play the terribly slow CT on the psx:)

zero0w
05-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Yeah playing Chrono Trigger on SNES Emulator on PC will be great, but I suppose a re-release on GBA wouldn't hurt either.

TriForce
05-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by zero0w
Yeah playing Chrono Trigger on SNES Emulator on PC will be great, but I suppose a re-release on GBA wouldn't hurt either. Especially since it's actually legal... :mad:

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Pirating Chrono Trigger is a crime only punishable by death in my eyes. That game deserves to be owned legally.

And this better not be some early April Fool's joke else I'm going Pikachu hunting.

Zwerchfell
05-30-2002, 04:39 PM
Oh yeah please give me Secret of Mana and the 2nd part too all 3 player, wow that would be awesome :D

Kid0_oIcarus
05-31-2002, 04:36 PM
I dream of a four player Chrono Trigger, where each player can join in any time and control a different character- heck, maybe even play the game from that character's point of view! The story would have to be re-written a little, to allow you to start the game as the other characters.. but think of it!!

Stuff dreams are made of...

Rubeus
06-02-2002, 01:34 PM
I think it would be even better if Square release the entire Secret of Mana series on GBA. Square has never released Secret of Mana 2 (Seiken Densetsu 3) stateside. It would be nice to see Legend of Mana on GBA too, though I dont' care much about this game, it's just not as good as the SNES series.