1. i want to kno what kind of games the xbox is good for

2. why is the xbox so good and why

3. what other mmorpg games will the xbox have

4. what other games will the xbox have online

my final question

5. What are all the good and bad things about the xbox

Havoc2049
11-07-2002, 11:07 PM
This site should answer all you questions about what games a available for the Xbox, Xbox Live and what games are available for Xbox Live.
http://www.xbox.com

Mohtools
11-08-2002, 12:43 AM
Nothing!!! The Xbox is the strongest system of all, but without a good game library. Also don't forget that the new Xbox will be released with in the next two years. So what is the point to buy an Xbox now?:crazy:

xsarien
11-08-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by BigBadWolf
1. i want to kno what kind of games the xbox is good for

2. why is the xbox so good and why

3. what other mmorpg games will the cube have

4. what other games will the xbox have online

my final question

5. What are all the good and bad things about the xbox

Those are really vague questions. The XBox is "good" for just as many games as the other two consoles. You'll notice in its library that most of the titles available are the same ones that are available on the PS2 and Gamecube. Where you have to draw the line of truth, so to speak, is what exclusive content is available.

The XBox, admittedly, doesn't have much. If you're into Shenmue, the XBox is the only place you'll see the sequel short of importing the DC version; Want Panzer Dragoon? Same deal. Halo? That too.

I think that's really the best way to go about it, to be honest with you. Look at what games each console offers you that the others don't, or, rather, can't. Don't judge by how much power a system has, go with the games you want to play.

As far as online goes, the XBox is seemingly the most "together". It's a centralized system, where game publishers hand off the online duties to Microsoft and you use your XBLive subsciption to play the game over the Internet. The questions that are still in the air, though, are *definite* pricing plans beyond 2002, what publishers will want to charge beyond that flat fee (like Sega's doing with the XBox version of PSO in Japan), and what publishers will actually support it given that they may have their *own* online strategy that they've already spent a lot of money on developing (You won't see EA sports online with XBox Live anytime soon.) If you want a definite list of Live enabled games, I'm sure xbox.com can help you with that.

Sony and Nintendo are pretty much a free-for-all. Assuming you can find them, both consoles have network adapters that let you hook them into your network or ISP. But beyond that, they don't really help you get a game online; Sony and Nintendo leave the rest - from the subscriptions to the servers - up to the game developers and publishers. And even from there, one console's port of a game may be online while another console's isn't (e.g., Tony Hawk 4 is online on the PS2, but not on the XBox.)

Welcome to modern gaming, friend. Do a little research and buy the system with what you want to play, and if it suits you, how much of it you want to be online.

Havoc2049
11-08-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Mohtools
Nothing!!! The Xbox is the strongest system of all, but without a good game library. Also don't forget that the new Xbox will be released with in the next two years. So what is the point to buy an Xbox now?:crazy:

You have no clue as to when the next Xbox is going to be released. The only thing we have to go by is that Microsoft said that the next Xbox will be released in time for the next world cup, which is in 2006.

Xbox has some great games. Halo was 2001 game of the year in America and 2002 game of the year in the UK. Dead or Alive 3 was voted by many gaming sites and magazines as the fighting game of the year in 2001, if it didn't win the award, it was runner-up to Virtua Fighter 4. Project Gotham Racing was critically acclaimed and was on many short lists as best racing game of the year in 2001. All three of the above titles have sold over a million copies.

Xbox has two more heavy hitters for this year, MechAssualt and Splinter Cell will both be in the running for game of the year.

Xbox is also the best console for first person shooters, with Halo, Time Splitters 2, Allied Assualt, Unreal Championship and Ghost Recon. Look for Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Counter-Strike, Doom III, Halo 2, Deus Ex 2, Perfect Dark Zero and others in the future.

Xbox also has some great games for next year, such as Brute Force, Crimson Skies, DOAX, Panzer Dragoon Orta, PSO, Halo 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Psychonauts, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Fable, Ridge Racer Next, Ninja Gaiden and many, many others.

Mohtools
11-08-2002, 10:50 AM
Then why are they releasing the Xbox 2 so fast?

gabriel
11-08-2002, 10:52 AM

To get an edge on the competition. And it'll be released only slightly before the PS3.

Mohtools
11-08-2002, 11:07 AM
No that?s not true. They are releasing the new Xbox because they want to start all over again. We all know that the Xbox?s sales are so bad and their titles are not that compiling like the ones on the PS2 and the cube. Also, MS believes that power is everything, which is not. Trust me once ms gain the trust of gamers they will do the same thing they do in other business. For example buying new promising companies, Removing Java from windows to screw sun, and screwing NVIDIA as they are doing right now. MS doesn't have morals.

Kid0_oIcarus
11-08-2002, 11:52 AM
Hey, hey - easy there Mohtools, I don't like MS much either, but you're preaching to the wrong choir here.

This is supposed to be a level-headed forum so don't go and try to get other people out of shape.

The Xbox does have some good games- games I wish were multi-platform but sadly are not. Halo was a great game.. I don't think as good as everyone makes it out to be, but it was a good game. DOA3 was pretty. DOAX looks even prettier, and if they have a solid volleyball game in there it'll be awesome. Ninja Gaiden should (it'd better not) dissapoint. Panzer Dragoon Orta looks like it'll be f'ing awesome. A lot of other good games in there too... not enough goodness to overcome the 3vil that is MS for me, but plenty for others...

xsarien
11-08-2002, 03:02 PM

Well, first and most importantly, it's Microsoft's version of a mea culpa. The XBox only met their sales expectations after they were lowered, for the most part, across the board. They entered the console market with their sights set on the Playstation 2, but instead they found themselves in a neck-to-neck race with the GameCube. Think they're happy about that? Just look at that Sunny World animation. :)

So the XBox 2 and its release ahead of the PS3 is their answer to the problem, which, incidentally, is "We don't own the console market." The one fact they seem to be ignoring - and I'm not trying to turn this into flame central - is that first-to-market doesn't guarantee success. If that were true, the Dreamcast would still be around. The PS2 wasn't even out in '99 and Sega still had to compete with it.

It took about ten years for someone to take the place of Nintendo as the console to own, and even now, "Nintendo" is still very much synonymous with video games, and the Playstation is, for all intents and purposes, their step-child. I'm not saying Microsoft doesn't have the drive, but I don't think treating this market like the Internet browser market is going to make them the winner.

DBJAY
11-08-2002, 03:03 PM
Facts:

1.) No definitive time table for Xbox 2 to be released, or PS3, or Nintendos next. All rumors at this point...and interent rumors at that. If your likely to believe internet rumor, I have some stock to sell you for my new internet company.

The reasons Xbox are a great console to own are numerous.

A.)Dozens of great games (and no, I'm not going to break down the list of 155 games),

B.)some great exclusives on the system (and that is opinion of course),

C.) almost all 3rd party games look best on Xbox (Harry Potter most recent example) and/or sound best - amazing sound (new EGM confirms as such in their section on home theatre set-ups) with Dolby 5.1 - check out MOH:Frontline,

D.) many of the newer games will support HDTV (important as the next great leap in visuals will come from 720p and higher - prices of sets are dropping and are starting to take off, so fall 03 it's very possible that an HDTV will be you families next choice for a tv),

E.)some games support a custom soundtrack feature which is an exclusive feature for Xbox, a life saver for games like Tony Hawk 4.

f.) Currently, you get two games, JSRF (which imo, is fantastic) and Sega GT ( a solid racer) so it is the best deal on the market.

g.) They distribute great demos, and exclusive content on the Offical Xbox mag disc, such as booster packs for DOA3, and the upcoming goodies for Sega GT.

h.) No memory cards required to save games.

Atari X covered the rest really well.

Mohtools
11-08-2002, 07:24 PM
SORRY, I was out of control there.

BigBadWolf
11-08-2002, 08:16 PM
ok thanx yall

any more i can really use the help cause ive been promised a new system and im trying to decide between the XBOX and GAMECUBE

Drunken Savior
11-08-2002, 09:41 PM
1) What are some of your favorite games? Genres?
2) Do you think you are a social gamer or do you like to play with yourself? (*Snickers* Ok, ok, you get my idea....)
3) How many games do you buy a year? Rent a year?

Unless you answer these...all yer gonna get is generalizations or overzealous one sided answers.

Havoc2049
11-08-2002, 10:41 PM
Ya, it does depend on what games you like. I went with the Xbox because it seemed most like the Dreamcast 2 to me. Xbox has a bunch of sequels from the Saturn and Dreamcast. Project Gotham Racing, Dead or Alive 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta, The House of the Dead III, Jet Set Radio Future, Sega Sports, Sega GT, Soul Calibur 2, Unreal Championship and Phantasy Star On-Line. I also like Digital Anvil(Wing Commander games,Star Lancer, Brute Force) and Bungie(Marathon Trilogy, Halo) games, which are both owned by Microsoft. I also enjoy games set in the Battletech universe and Microsoft owns FASA Studios. The Xbox was just the system I was looking for, but that is me.

If you like Japanese RPG's, the the PS2 is the system of choice. If you enjoy Nintendo games, then the Gamecube is the way to go.

crazytaxinext
11-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Dreamcast 2...*drool*