PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive Kronos is just a compilation of past games?!

Rubeus
11-07-2002, 07:47 PM
DEAD OR ALIVE KRONOS MAKES TO MERGE

The latest in Tecmo's busty fight series is to be a compendium of previous titles, according to those close to the project

15:31 Newly announced Dead or Alive Kronos is to be a compilation of previous titles in the series, it has emerged today.
Sources close to Tecmo have pointed to elements from the first three titles, presumably with updated graphics, being crunched into the game.

Xbox is the only confirmed platform for Kronos thus far, unsurprisingly given the importance placed on Dead or Alive 3 by Microsoft.

"It's definitely not what everyone hoped for," said a highly placed insider under conditions of anonymity. "It's not Dead or Alive 4."

Tecmo is currently banging away at two Xbox projects aside from the new fighter, namely Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball and Ninja Gaiden. It would seem that's enough to stop a full fourth instalment of the franchise that helped launch Xbox.

The title is likely to be shown for the first time next spring, or at E3 in May at the latest.

DBJAY
11-07-2002, 08:14 PM
How radically different are the games from each other? If they removed the cheap boss fights from 2 & 3, that would be a big help. On the bright side, this means the return of the Danger Zones!

crazytaxinext
11-08-2002, 10:48 AM
Bang goes another Xbox sales rise. Maybe the inclusion of DOA2 will show people how lame an update DOA3 really was.

Cobi*
11-09-2002, 12:17 AM
huh?

i'm thinking what is the point of tecmo doing this? but that's it; i'm just thinking... at least, it would please fans of the series (although the fans probably already own all three games). can't see much purpose beyond that...

Havoc2049
11-10-2002, 06:15 PM
This is old news. Team Ninja let it slip out about a month ago that the next Dead or Alive would be a compilation of the first three with extras and a thank you to the fans for making DOA3 a million seller. What these extras will be, will probably slowly be revealed by Team Ninja. Dead or Alive: Code Kronus(Cronus, I have seen it spelled both ways) is supposed to be released before Ninja Gaiden.

crazytaxinext
11-11-2002, 01:55 PM
It'll probably just be an all stages all costumes all characters deal. They'd need to do alot though as pretty much every character was in at least 1 version of every game. Maybe if they had stuff like characters in it that never made the final versions of the games like a directors cut, like the Arab guy added to Fighters Megamix that was supposed to be in VF1. Other than that they'd need to do alot as the jump from DOA1 to DOA2 was quite chunky but DOA2 to DOA3 was minimal. DOA doesn't have enough history to just chuck all 3 on a disc and sell it. It needs more than just new costumes so hopefully they have lots of goodies to flesh it out. Especially as this may end up going up against VF4 Evolution.

Kid0_oIcarus
11-12-2002, 12:50 PM
Well I dunno what's in DOAX, but Tecmo should have no problems including lots of goodies, if that game is to be any indication...