PDA

View Full Version : New Gaming Network

srekal86
11-06-2002, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, i love this site, just wanted to see what you think of mine, http://gamerzgateway.net

Black Ace
11-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Nice site, but you need to work on the splash logo a bit, its kinda long.

Overlord
11-06-2002, 10:54 PM
It's a little bright and unorganized. Using white as the table BG color isn't a very good idea over here. You should either make it a little darker or change the main BG to a lighter shade of blue. And the top pic isn't the best, it doesn't have the same quality as the other parts of your site. None of the characters seem to bland in very well, and it seems like it was rather rushed. And the Add for the site in their is a little overwhelming, it outshadows the characters way too much. You might wanna corner it or make it smaller. And you might wanna use less generic layer effects when it come to things like that, it'll help your site stand out more, and won't look like every other one out there. And you need to resize it, it's longer then everything in the bottom, thats what disorganized. You have good content though, and the side tables looks decent. Great start, but you should make it more graphically appealing.

srekal86
11-06-2002, 10:59 PM
thanks for your comments, i know the main banner is screwed up but its still a new site, in time hopefully it will become as good as the magic box :)

Kid0_oIcarus
11-07-2002, 10:58 AM
Lies.

How dare you say that?
As if anything else could be this good...

Anyway, nice site btw.

WINDJAMMERS
11-09-2002, 02:12 AM
You'd really have to work you ass off if you ever wanted to be as Magic Box. Good luck, and may your efforts be worth while.

Black Ace
11-09-2002, 02:30 AM
Magic Box has been around a long time. I think this is the 4th year its been serving people.

Darren
11-29-2002, 12:00 AM
Your web site is a little wide for my resolution, but you oughta modify it because I see so many forums on sites looking that same style you have going. A little more customization will help it.

Ogni
12-26-2002, 07:37 PM
OK, I hope I get some reply on this...
2 years ago I had a site running called DCFAN, I haven't done anything since Jan. 01, but I would like to know how you like it!
BTW, the only button working is "Hardware", since I don't have enough space left on the server to upload the complete site.
Here is the current adress: here (http://www.ingo-eisenhard.de)

Overlord
12-26-2002, 09:15 PM
I like the sketchy look to it. And the roll-overs are also very nice. But it feels very empty right now, are you going to keep working on it?

Ogni
12-27-2002, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Overlord
I like the sketchy look to it. And the roll-overs are also very nice. But it feels very empty right now, are you going to keep working on it?

I dunno, maybe I will do so some day... But since there ain't no DC left, I would have to change it to SegaFan or GameFan or something, but those url's are all taken.
To me this site is more like "Lego", the building was fun, but when it's all done... Plus keeping it updated is quite some struggle when you don't really have time, plus what good would it be, cause nothing can beat TMB! (might check for die-magiekiste.de :P FYI the-magicbox in german)
Or maybe I will start a PSO fansite, or -- well I let you know when something happens.
PS: Yeah it's pretty empty, I like to keep stuff plain and simple, though you are right, some screenshots might do some good on the index, to get some more color in it.