PDA

View Full Version : did you guy's hear about...

Cobi*
11-01-2002, 08:49 PM
the tecmo doa beach volleyball game being delayed till the end of the year in america?

gaming-age reports (http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2002&m=10&nid=28-84.db)

It looks like the DOA girls will have to wait till after the cold passes to put on their swimsuits. Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball will now ship on 12.31.02 instead of 11.18.02 as previously planned.

With a multitude of titles set for release this Christmas, DOAX may not have received as much attention on retail shelves. Temco Xbox fans can still get a dose of Fatal Frame when it hits stores this week. Here's looking to a hot volleyball session after the holidays.

what is your reaction to this?

sorry if this has already been reported, i'll go now.

Black Ace
11-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by cobi40-50
the tecmo doa beach volleyball game being delayed till the end of the year in america?

gaming-age reports (http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2002&m=10&nid=28-84.db)

what is your reaction to this?

sorry if this has already been reported, i'll go now.

The DOA girls must've chickened out... Samus returns for the hunt the same day.:haha:

DBJAY
11-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Delayed until 2003 actually.

I doubt Metroid had anything to do with it.....two exclusive software titles on competing systems competing for different owners...how are they in competition?

Cobi*
11-01-2002, 09:59 PM
i wonder why the game was delayed? it's still making it out in december in japan last i heard...

Rubeus
11-02-2002, 04:12 AM
The US versions always have extras that are not in the Japanese versions.

Havoc2049
11-02-2002, 06:50 AM
It sucks that it was delayed, but purrfect virtual boobs take time.
I have heard two dates now, December 31st and January 15th.
Maybe Tecmo will add Xbox Live support to DOAX.

I heard Samus wanted to enter the tournament, but Zack said that no she-males are allowed on his island. :P

Cobi*
11-03-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by AtariX

I heard Samus wanted to enter the tournament, but Zack said that no she-males are allowed on his island. :P

:haha: i always thought she looked like a he. :haha: i wonder how the gamecubers would take this...

Reality
11-03-2002, 04:41 PM
It's funny to think about but means nothing to me. I know Samus doesn't need to be this real hot chick on the beach with only a bikini and a unnatural bouncing chest. To me it's her story, it's her history, it's her life that appeals to me.

crazytaxinext
11-04-2002, 12:15 PM
They probably delayed it when the Master copy was sent to MS...

Tecmo: "What do you mean we can't release a graphical demo for pre-pubescent teens?"

MS: "I'm sorry, after DOA3 the public expect at least a 30% quotia of gameplay"

Tecmo: "Dammit, errm.....I know. We'll program it so that when you press A they jump up and down. Yeah that'll do"

DBJAY
11-04-2002, 01:50 PM
Nintendo currently has movie theatre ads for Metroid Prime that are 99% CG. You only see the real game for seconds at a time! Blink and you'll miss it.

Therefore, should I take a negative approach towards the company and the game itself, as some have done with Tecmo?

Black Ace
11-04-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by DBJAY
Nintendo currently has movie theatre ads for Metroid Prime that are 99% CG. You only see the real game for seconds at a time! Blink and you'll miss it.

Therefore, should I take a negative approach towards the company and the game itself, as some have done with Tecmo?

If anyone who is guilty of CG ads, it is Square Soft. 101% of their ads are.

Kid0_oIcarus
11-05-2002, 10:50 AM
DJBAY, what do we know of Nintendo when it comes to their advertising here in the US?

Yeah..that's right.. so why even try to fall back on that argument?

DBJAY
11-05-2002, 01:44 PM
What we know of Nintendo's advertising is what we see. If you go to see a movie, like "I Spy", you'll see the 99% CG ad for Metroid Prime.

Is it deceptive marketing? Or is it merely doing what other companies have done as Solar pointed out?

My point is that no company should be called out for using CG in print,tv, or theatrical ads because they all do it to varying degrees.

Kid0_oIcarus
11-05-2002, 04:24 PM
No, what we know of NOA's advertising hijinks are that they are generally poor examples of how things should be done.

But that's besides the point, looking back, my post really had nothing to do with your post in response to crazytaxinext's quip about DOAX, not it's advertising campaign...

I thought you were talking about something else...

Anyway, as far as the very little in-game footage shown.. that's nothing new. Usually though, Nintendo uses costumes and actors.. now it seems they used CG.. big deal, the commercial is probably still lame.

I'd rather see gameplay footage than actors or CG.. costumes are okay.. as the Mario Party 4 commercial is funny.

Cobi*
11-06-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Solar

If anyone who is guilty of CG ads, it is Square Soft. 101% of their ads are.

g-ha! who? :yikes: oh geez :( low blow solar. but still....

it works for me!! :2happy:

**runs to local video game store with dads credit card to buy square games and square-related mechandise** :P

Reality
11-11-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by AtariX
It sucks that it was delayed, but purrfect virtual boobs take time.
I have heard two dates now, December 31st and January 15th.
Maybe Tecmo will add Xbox Live support to DOAX.

Maybe not check out the screens.*Just for fun*

http://www.nintendofanboy.com/Rumors/XBVjump.htm
http://www.nintendofanboy.com/Rumors/XBVhit.htm