PDA

View Full Version : PS2 games of Fall 2006 at IGN

Decado
09-02-2006, 04:06 PM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/730/730108p1.html

Some how it looks more promising than the PS3, 360 and Wii lists. :sweat:

Escaflowne2001
09-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Yes, the PS2 has the best line-up for the fall, not surprising really as it's still the best-selling console and still will be after the PS3 and most likely the Wii has been released.

Wouldn't it be funny if the PS2 beat all the next-gen consoles for quite sometime.

AmishNazi
09-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Nah Wii is too cheap and has way too many AAA titles coming out for it. I almost guarentee that they beat PS3 and 360 this gen. PS2 sales will slow down too unless they drop the price when the PS3 comes out.

UniGamer
09-02-2006, 04:25 PM
I hoped the next destroy all humans game would be a nextgen one. :(
The first one was held back by this generation's hardware.

UniGamer
09-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Nah Wii is too cheap and has way too many AAA titles coming out for it. I almost guarentee that they beat PS3 and 360 this gen. PS2 sales will slow down too unless they drop the price when the PS3 comes out.

so what you are saying is, the Wii will p*ss on the competition. :)

Alucard
09-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Tenkaichi 2 HOOOO!!! You know, just going by the games I'm REALLY looking forward to ont he ps2 and PC, september and October are the devastating months for me. Infact I'm already behind without having started yet.

sharky~
09-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Okami
Yakuza
Phantasy Star Universe (but ill get it for PC)
Lego StarWars 2

Sinful Sam
09-02-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm intrested in these titles but it does not mean I will buy them all. Well I want Okami for sure. Lego StarWars 2 looks good but I may pick that up for another console.

Guitar Hero 2
Yakuza
Okami
Final Fantasy 12
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

edit: DS is having some pretty good games this fall as well. Looks like it's going to be DS and PS2 for the rest of the year.

AmishNazi
09-02-2006, 05:38 PM
so what you are saying is, the Wii will p*ss on the competition. :)

Yeah even though I'm a supposed "fanboy" for some reason I have total faith Nintendo will regain the crown this gen. Some of this faith is that I want them and Sony to be one and two, so maybe next gen we'll get a good mix of innovation and decent hardware.

darren
09-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Yes, the PS2 has the best line-up for the fall, not surprising really as it's still the best-selling console and still will be after the PS3 and most likely the Wii has been released.

Wouldn't it be funny if the PS2 beat all the next-gen consoles for quite sometime.

its a real good line up VP2 is gonna be sweet .. DS is just as good tho IMO .. FF3, Mana, Magical Vacation, Elite Beat, Cooking Mama, 3-3, Yoshi 2 etc

Nephlabobo
09-02-2006, 06:30 PM
No Atlus games for DS - PS2 has Digital Devil Summoner.

DDS FTW

I will grant that Children of Mana is the game I'm looking forward to the most for the DS.

Diavle
09-02-2006, 07:01 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing.

The system is very cheap now and has a flood of AAA titles.

Its funny how its only real competitors are the next gen.

[M]egaman Ver.6
09-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Fack a PS3, I'm getting Guitar Hero 2.

spider-prime
09-02-2006, 11:50 PM
I want Okami and SC: Double Agent, it's the only SC game that got my attention.

DeathStroke
09-03-2006, 01:58 AM
They missed one. I'll take God Hand over Yakuza. Add to that Okami, KOF2006 and FFXII including possibly the PS3 launch and Genji 2 and I should be set.

littlewig
09-03-2006, 02:11 AM
Besides the DS, the PS2 is going to be my most played system.

From games like yakuza, Okami, FFXII, Persona 3, and Tales of the abyss, PS2 is going to dominate my living room.

There are so many games I still haven't played that have already been rleady, PS2 is a beast.

darren
09-03-2006, 04:25 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing.

The system is very cheap now and has a flood of AAA titles.

Its funny how its only real competitors are the next gen.

this happens with every new gen though dude, i'm surpirsed people find thid so odd / shockiing

.. PS1 and N64 had better games at the end than the early PS2 stuff .. last snes, megadrive games were better than early ps1 stuff .. (not sure where i would put a DC in this lol .. as it just had great games)

its just the way of things ... odd i know bt its just the way it seems to happens .. theres all ways a final fairwell rush of great games .

UniGamer
09-03-2006, 07:01 AM
It's not surprise but, an interesting observation.

The difference in your scenario is the two Sony machines.
These AAA tittles aren't just bought by the few "hardcore" gamers but, the the general public too. Resulting in the machine and titles, still making an impact in terms of the market and sales.

This didn't happen in the shift from 16 to 32bit machines or with some of the other consoles you mentioned. Nor will it happen with some of the current Gen machines we have at the moment.

A key component to this is, that Sony still invests heavily in their previous line, when their newer product is out while others drop theirs.
Nintendo do it in the handheld world. It's one of the reasons the GBA is still being stocked by retailers and has future AAA titles planned.

darren
09-03-2006, 08:51 AM
It's not surprise but, an interesting observation.

The difference in your scenario is the two Sony machines.
These AAA tittles aren't just bought by the few "hardcore" gamers but, the the general public too. Resulting in the machine and titles, still making an impact in terms of the market and sales.

This didn't happen in the shift from 16 to 32bit machines or with some of the other consoles you mentioned. Nor will it happen with some of the current Gen machines we have at the moment.

A key component to this is, that Sony still invests heavily in their previous line, when their newer product is out while others drop theirs.
Nintendo do it in the handheld world. It's one of the reasons the GBA is still being stocked by retailers and has future AAA titles planned.

hmm dude late snes stuff was way better than anything on ps1 when it came out .. bahumatys lagoon and trasure hunter G are massive examples of this .. both way better than anything on PS1 when it came out

UniGamer
09-03-2006, 08:58 AM
You missed the crux of my post, Read it again. I'm not debating whether or not the SNES had good games when it died.

diunx
09-03-2006, 11:30 AM
hmm dude late snes stuff was way better than anything on ps1 when it came out .. bahumatys lagoon and trasure hunter G are massive examples of this .. both way better than anything on PS1 when it came out

darren what he means is that those great games at the end of a console like bahamut lagoon are only noticed by the hardcore gamers, but this gen since gaming is a bigger comunity the general public will also buy those games not only the hardcore gamers.

darren
09-03-2006, 11:52 AM
darren what he means is that those great games at the end of a console like bahamut lagoon are only noticed by the hardcore gamers, but this gen since gaming is a bigger comunity the general public will also buy those games not only the hardcore gamers.

but regardless my point is valid tho ..

last few snes / megadrive games wer better than first PS1 games
last ps1/n64 games were better than first ps2 /gc games

and i'm sure the last ps2 games will be as good if not better than early ps3/360 title.

dev companies do not jump ship right away as there are massive user basis still plus the better games come from havng years upon years of dev time on the units and the next gen stuf is all new.

also bahumuts lagoon and trasure unter G were not only know to 'hardcore gamers' dude .. theysold MILLIONS of copies ..

infact i still have a an old copy of an old UK snes mag in the loft which has treasure hunter g on the cover and the title .. the last great 16bit game on it the cover .. shame they near released it outside of japan really .. it was as good as chrono trigger ... damed Square i which they would sequal it or re do it on the DS

UniGamer
09-03-2006, 07:12 PM
The fact that gamers/dev are stating they?ll be buying/creating PS2 games for a few more years adds testament to my post.
Whereas the GC only has one or two major games that will make waves in the market and Xbox1 died during the 360 launch.

Crux of my previous post:
More importantly those machines during their deaths. Had little or no impact on the market in terms, of user base importance to Devs and software/hardware sales.
Basically the overall important and relevance to the industry during their end cycle was
minute. Save for a few hardcore gamers. One or two games last good game sales isn't the scale of importance i am talking about here.

The SNES which you pointed out during the last days was not only ignored by the Industry but, by the general public at large mainly because Nintendo's main focus was the N64.
While other companies were saying backwards compatibility didn't matter. Sony was driving that as one of the PS2's main selling point.
The PS3 being able to play PS2 games will help it in terms of sales and will keep the PS2 brand relevant for a while in the next gen era.

This level of support for a previous or old console wasn?t done still Sony started it. Now it's something gamers expect as standard and is why the other companies are now following suite.

I already mentioned Nintendo in the handled world and that is a slightly different market. So please don?t use that to counter this post.

Arnold
09-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Am only interested in PS2 RPGs and the games in the list are just superb. No "Rogue Galaxy" though; must have been moved to next year.

Omnislash005
09-03-2006, 10:48 PM
FF12 will be the only one I'm going to buy. I'm replaying through FF tactics and it made me realize all over again why its my favorite game.

Diavle
09-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Am only interested in PS2 RPGs and the games in the list are just superb. No "Rogue Galaxy" though; must have been moved to next year.

I read on RPGfan that its been moved to 1Q 2007.

Arnold
09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
I read on RPGfan that its been moved to 1Q 2007.

Same time as Persona 3. Nice. Looks like the first quarter of 2007 is going to be good too.

darren
09-04-2006, 03:47 AM
FF12 will be the only one I'm going to buy. I'm replaying through FF tactics and it made me realize all over again why its my favorite game.

FFT on PS1 was the nuts and along side Tobal No2 was my favorite PS1 game

Nephlabobo
09-04-2006, 04:17 AM
Same time as Persona 3. Nice. Looks like the first quarter of 2007 is going to be good too.

When was Persona 3 confirmed?

Escaflowne2001
09-04-2006, 06:54 AM
Just rumors as far as I know GameFAQS has it listed and they can be pretty trustworthy on release dates but there no mention of it of Atlus' website so i'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Arnold
09-05-2006, 01:11 AM
Just read it in GameFAQs, as mentioned by Escaflowne, release date being 2/07. Seems like a reasonable date, so I'll stick to it until new information arrives.