PDA

View Full Version : FF3 sells faster than FF12

littlewig
08-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Sinobi(a japanese blogger who follows Japanese sales) states that FF3 sold more than 300k units and lots of shortages for the first day of release.

Sell through rate is higher than FF12.

First week sales should be around 500k+ (More if Square-Enix can ship more)

Rune Factory should do about 40-60K in the first week.

Here are unconfirmed first day sales of new releases in Japan, from neo at neogaf.

NDS FF3 - 309,000 (68%)
NDS FF3 + DSL Crystal Pack - 21,000 (86%)
NDS Rune Factory - 30,000 (42%)
PSP GG judgement - 7,400 (32%)
PS2 Wrestle Angels Survivor- 6,300 (69%)

Seems like Square-Enix should have shipped more than 450K for release...

Now for the pictures
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_380opun.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_2002.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_2001.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_200reji.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_180syounen.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_180futari.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_tenpomae.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_retu.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_saikoubi.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_KO1_5593.jpg.jpg
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_KO1_5619.jpg.jpg

Alucard
08-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Its old school FF. Japan are square whores but they're old school square whores even more.

Nindalf
08-25-2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_180futari.jpg.jpg

joe and ds.

Seraph
08-25-2006, 01:13 PM
This is really suprising becuase unlike us, this really is a remake of a game they have already had.

See what magic Square+Nintendo can make? :)

Nindalf
08-25-2006, 01:14 PM
crystal chronicles.

Seraph
08-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Thats possibly the funnest nerd party game ever.

Naoko Suki
08-25-2006, 01:20 PM
FF12 sucks, thats why. :spinface:

Keits
08-25-2006, 01:31 PM

Famitsu said 40/40. Im willing to try it.

Escaflowne2001
08-25-2006, 01:52 PM
FF12 isn't the normal sort of RPG the Japanese like.

Sinful Sam
08-25-2006, 02:06 PM
So, what was the sales for FF12?

Well I hope this does not discourage Japanese developers to be different in RPGs. I am getting tired of the traditional setup.

littlewig
08-25-2006, 02:07 PM

Lies, FFXII = goty

spider-prime
08-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I knew this was going to happen! I PREDICTED THE FUTURE!!!

Nem
08-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Wonder if square will ever think about why this happened...

If FF3 and Tales of the Tempest reach europe i might consider getting a DS more seriously.

Hmm... wouldnt mind FF4 remade in the same fashion as 3.

Escaflowne2001
08-25-2006, 05:05 PM
If FF3 and Tales of the Tempest reach europe i might consider getting a DS more seriously.

Nintendo should pick them both up hopefully not that it really matters as the US versions will do.

justin_credible
08-25-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty hyped about FF3 too, doesn't come here til Nov. 14th.

Alexander
08-25-2006, 05:24 PM
I thought it came in September. I'll check. I guess they moved it back. 11/14

justin_credible
08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Don't you realize games get delayed allll the time..

They just confirmed it to be 11/14 a few days ago.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/726/726838p1.html

littlewig
08-25-2006, 05:31 PM

They just confirmed it to be 11/14 a few days ago.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/726/726838p1.html

Yep, we're getting 3 FF3 in Nov...

I hope I'll be finished with FFXII before FFIII comes out.

justin_credible
08-25-2006, 05:33 PM
FF 12 & 3, whats the 3rd?

Edit: oh yeah, Crystal Chronicles.

littlewig
08-25-2006, 05:50 PM
FF 12 & 3, whats the 3rd?

Edit: oh yeah, Crystal Chronicles.

Nah, FFIV for the GBA

darren
08-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Wonder if square will ever think about why this happened...

Hmm... wouldnt mind FF4 remade in the same fashion as 3.

or you could import US ones ???? they are cheap than UK games anyway .. www.dvdboxoffice.com free shipping to UK and the games are cheaper dude

Sinful Sam
08-25-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm surprised how we still have yet to see any screenshots on Crystal Chronicles Wii. I also wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed.

Escaflowne2001
08-25-2006, 06:06 PM
or you could import US ones ???? they are cheap than UK games anyway .. www.dvdboxoffice.com free shipping to UK and the games are cheaper dude

He's not from the UK. :)

SuperAngelo64
08-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Lies, FFXII = goty

FFXII = gtfo

Like I said before, I hope they see the trend here and maybe follow through with some more DS remakes.

Eidan
08-25-2006, 09:41 PM
A remake of a nearly 20 year old game is outselling the new installment in the same series, a series that is heralded by many as being innovative, daring, and fun?

Yeah, **** Japan.

diunx
08-25-2006, 10:11 PM
I want a chrono trigger or ff6 remake but on a console instead of a portable.

Reko8
08-25-2006, 11:03 PM

my favorite is when games get delayed the day before it was scheduled for release.

I want a chrono trigger or ff6 remake but on a console instead of a portable.

damn it now im going to play chrono trigger

burpingcat
08-26-2006, 04:14 AM
lol @ Nintendo-based Square whores.

FF12 is awesome. Unfortunately, Squaresoft has a way of making the majority of people ignore their greatest games.

darren
08-26-2006, 04:17 AM
lol @ Nintendo-based Square whores.

FF12 is awesome. Unfortunately, Squaresoft has a way of making the majority of people ignore their greatest games.

awesome really .... it was good but not awesome ... PS2 FF games are no not even close to being as good as the P1 FF games or the Snes ones

SuperAngelo64
08-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Nintendo-based FF are the only ones worth playing.

And really, since FF7 was originally slated for the Ultra 64 when it began development, it was the last one worth playing in my opinion.

Besides, with the exception of FF7, all the Nintendo-based titles revolved highly around Amano (original art, not anime bullcrap), Sakaguchi (someone who can actually write), and Uematsu (when the music was exclusive to his compositions). Now, except for the music department, it's basically just Nomura running whatever the hell he feels like in direction, art, story, etc.

Ever since Sony took over it's just been "Nomura Fantasy"

burpingcat
08-26-2006, 05:25 AM

lol

As for the rest of your comments, I agree that Nomura is pretty annoying. But FF12 is not by Nomura. It's by the one team at Square that actually knows how to make a good game, and has the talent to bring it all together.

SuperAngelo64
08-26-2006, 05:34 AM
lol

As for the rest of your comments, I agree that Nomura is pretty annoying. But FF12 is not by Nomura. It's by the one team at Square that actually knows how to make a good game, and has the talent to bring it all together.

I liked the artstyle and direction/story in 12, I admit. But I was a little turned-off by the battle system.

I did think it was cool as **** that you could summon the final bosses from the older games though.

UniGamer
08-26-2006, 05:46 AM
Sony took over Final Fantasy! Bravo :clap:

I didn't expect any less. These are remakes the world has been clamouring for years. Unlike other normal Nintendo based Snes & Nes ports. They actually created a new engine and added elements that were previously impossible.
Yeah i wasn't sure if this game would sell bucket loads.
I am sure the FF remake on the GBA won't do quite as well as it's just a basic port.

SuperAngelo64
08-26-2006, 05:52 AM
My sarcasm detector is really broken this week.

UniGamer
08-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Maybe the fanboy comment overloaded it?

SuperAngelo64
08-26-2006, 06:10 AM
I just don't get the "Sony took over Final Fantasy!" comment. They sort've have been holding it captive for, oh, 10 years now?

darren
08-26-2006, 06:15 AM

And really, since FF7 was originally slated for the Ultra 64 when it began development, it was the last one worth playing in my opinion.

Besides, with the exception of FF7, all the Nintendo-based titles revolved highly around Amano (original art, not anime bullcrap), Sakaguchi (someone who can actually write), and Uematsu (when the music was exclusive to his compositions). Now, except for the music department, it's basically just Nomura running whatever the hell he feels like in direction, art, story, etc.

Ever since Sony took over it's just been "Nomura Fantasy"

i do agree about FF games here .. since FF7 they have got worse and worse .. FF12 is better than 10 (but thats not hard to do) but not anywhere near as good as 7 .. the best FF games are on NES/ SNES

I just don't get the "Sony took over Final Fantasy!" comment. They sort've have been holding it captive for, oh, 10 years now?

i believe that square signed an EX deal with sony after the success of 7 which finishes with FF13 .. i'm sure they did anyway .. it was so long ago now i cannot remember all the details .. but will be interenting to see what happens after 13 drops .. IMO FF14 will be multi format

SuperAngelo64
08-26-2006, 06:20 AM
i do agree about FF games here .. since FF7 they have got worse and worse .. FF12 is better than 10 (but thats not hard to do) but not anywhere near as good as 7 .. the best FF games are on NES/ SNES

Yeah, I did get carried away with the Nomura bashing. I have to admit, the man is a God when it comes to weapon and costume designs.. but that's where it ends. FF3 is arguably the least popular in the classic series, which is why it never got a 32-bit remake. Just think of the sales they'd get remaking IV or VI for the DS, it would be ludicrous.

Diavle
08-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Bitching about FF12 new battle system? Whatever, I bet you anything if SE did the same turn based battle system the same people would be saying "they never do anything new!".

After hearing so much bullshit towards FFX I put of playing it but because of a recent dry out I decided to give it a shot, boy was it the right thing to do. Easily one of the greatest RPGs I have every played and the ONLY one whose battle system I'm actually still enjoying (35hrs in!). The music (the theme rocks), gfx and story all rock (very strong characters imo, accept for Kimahri). Screw the haters, you can go back to stinking Chrono Trigger for all I care (the most overrated turd I have ever come across).

Vagrant Story ppl working on FF12? I am so in.

SuperAngelo64
08-26-2006, 07:41 AM
FFX had the best battle system of all the Sony-gen games (actually I'd go so far as to say better than any of the previous period). I also never ripped on the music; all Final Fantasy music is awesome.

Diavle
08-26-2006, 07:44 AM
FFX had the best battle system of all the Sony-gen games (actually I'd go so far as to say better than any of the previous period). I also never ripped on the music; all Final Fantasy music is awesome.

The FFX thing was aimed at anyone specific, its just me venting due to hearing so much negativity about it on various boards.

darren
08-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Bitching about FF12 new battle system? Whatever, I bet you anything if SE did the same turn based battle system the same people would be saying "they never do anything new!".

After hearing so much bullshit towards FFX I put of playing it but because of a recent dry out I decided to give it a shot, boy was it the right thing to do. Easily one of the greatest RPGs I have every played and the ONLY one whose battle system I'm actually still enjoying (35hrs in!). The music (the theme rocks), gfx and story all rock (very strong characters imo, accept for Kimahri). Screw the haters, you can go back to stinking Chrono Trigger for all I care (the most overrated turd I have ever come across).

Vagrant Story ppl working on FF12? I am so in.

yes great battle systems and music .. BUT the problem with FFX is that they took all the exploring out of the game .. yoou could only go where the map would let yoou .. rubbish ..world maps that you can explore are much better IMO ..

Alucard
08-26-2006, 10:57 AM
FFX was fairly hollow with a few plot holes. It was good because it was better then that borefest FF9 and that absolute RANK STINKER FF8. Definately would NOT say X is one of the best rpgs ever made. I'd give it an 8. In ign terms thats 9.8 really. Shadow Hearts 1 and suikoden 3 are far better then FFX. Though I wish those idiots at Square would translate FF12. I want to play it since my favourite team at Square made it.

Diavle
08-26-2006, 11:16 AM
yes great battle systems and music .. BUT the problem with FFX is that they took all the exploring out of the game .. yoou could only go where the map would let yoou .. rubbish ..world maps that you can explore are much better IMO ..

What kind of sense does that make? Even if there is a map you still go into specific areas. Besides, with the Al Bhed ship you can go to lots of areas that have no connection with the main quest.

Map 'exploration' is a huge waste of time, I recently went through it with Legendia and DQ8 and the less RPGs have the feature the better.

FFX was fairly hollow with a few plot holes. It was good because it was better then that borefest FF9 and that absolute RANK STINKER FF8. Definately would NOT say X is one of the best rpgs ever made. I'd give it an 8. In ign terms thats 9.8 really. Shadow Hearts 1 and suikoden 3 are far better then FFX. Though I wish those idiots at Square would translate FF12. I want to play it since my favourite team at Square made it.

Can't say about Sui3 since haven't played it but I have played Convenant and if SH1 is even 5-10 times better than it I would still not rank it anywhere near X. The visuals, sound, characters and story were much weaker. About the only character worth mentioning is Yuri, the rest are filler.

darren
08-26-2006, 11:25 AM
What kind of sense does that make? Even if there is a map you still go into specific areas. Besides, with the Al Bhed ship you can go to lots of areas that have no connection with the main quest.

Map 'exploration' is a huge waste of time, I recently went through it with Legendia and DQ8 and the less RPGs have the feature the better.

Can't say about Sui3 since haven't played it but I have played Convenant and if SH1 is even 5-10 times better than it I would still not rank it anywhere near X. The visuals, sound, characters and story were much weaker. About the only character worth mentioning is Yuri, the rest are filler.

dude DQ8 and 7 for that matter **** on FFX froms hights only reached by people that are part of NASAS space program.

all i'm saying is that i have played all the FF games .. and X is prob the worst after 8 IMO. FF12 is nice .. best one on PS2 .. but thats not saying much .. infact its the best since 7.

Squares last truely great game was Xenoogears IMO .. they have not come close to that one since.

FF3 remake is looking good .. the orginal was nice (although i'm not sure how my translating the Jap was as it wass one of the first jap rpgs i went through) and i am rearly looking forward to the US release so i can see how good reading / story translation was .

I love Square to bits but IMO the FF games, and other titles have generally been sub par on PS2. And not the quality i would have expected from such a great Software house. Yes they have sold well (more on name than anything else) and yes they look good but that does not make them great games. The games they produced on SNES and PS1 were and still are in general MUCH better. Lets hope they can turn it around on the next gen with some killer games. The new short on 360 looks interesting .. i loved Einhander (possibly the best shooter on the PS1) so i'm looking forward to that one

Very rarely if ever does some one talk about how great Square are and mention a P2 title . its always the Snes and PS1. I think that says it all really ..

Diavle
08-26-2006, 11:42 AM
dude DQ8 and 7 for that matter **** of FFX froms highest only reached by people that are part of NASAS space program.

Umm... what?

all i'm saying is that i have played all the FF games .. and X is prob the worst after 8 IMO. FF12 is nice .. best one on PS2 .. but thats not saying much .. infact its the best since 7.

Squares last truely great game was Xenoogears IMO .. they have not come close to that one since.

FF3 remake is looking good .. the orginal was nice (although i'm not sure how my translating the Jap was as it wass one of the first jap rpgs i went through) and i am rearly looking forward to the US release so i can see how good reading / story translation was .

I love Square to bits but IMO the FF games, and other titles have generally been sub par on PS2. And not the quality i would have expected from such a great Software house. Yes they have sold well (more on name than anything else) and yes they look good but that does not make them great games. The games they produced on SNES and PS1 were and still are in general MUCH better. Lets hope they can turn it around on the next gen with some killer games. The new short on 360 looks interesting .. i loved Einhander (possibly the best shooter on the PS1) so i'm looking forward to that one

Very rarely if ever does some one talk about how great Square are and mention a P2 title . its always the Snes and PS1. I think that says it all really ..

What exactly is so bad about X?

darren
08-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Umm... what?

What exactly is so bad about X?

one word ... Dull ..

plus lame story and weak characters .. to linar ..

i could go on but i will have horried memories of finishing the Jap version thinking .. hmmm perhaps i missed something translating that one .. then paying good money to import the US one when it came out to play it a 2nd time only to find nope i did not miss anything in translation the story is rubbish and characters are weak .

i have been importing jap square games since the Snes and playing / translating them .. and then playing the US ones if they came out in the US .. FFX and 8 are the worst by far . .. Like i said last GREAT FF title was 7 .. (12 is ok but not as good as 7) and the last GREAT Square game was Xenogears by far ..

Alucard
08-26-2006, 11:51 AM

Graphics and sound, yes FFX is better. But story and character depth? No chance. Shadow hearts focused around the main character as a story SHOULD do. The side characters were exactly that. Side characters. To help jog the story along. And no mentioning SH Convenant around me. That has to be one of the crappiest rpgs out.

darren
08-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Graphics and sound, yes FFX is better. But story and character depth? No chance. Shadow hearts focused around the main character as a story SHOULD do. The side characters were exactly that. Side characters. To help jog the story along. And no mentioning SH Convenant around me. That has to be one of the crappiest rpgs out.

totally agree here dude FFX looked and sounded great but it was shallow with poor story and character deveopement / depth

Diavle
08-26-2006, 12:07 PM
one word ... Dull ..

plus lame story and weak characters .. to linar ..

i could go on but i will have horried memories of finishing the Jap version thinking .. hmmm perhaps i missed something translating that one .. then paying good money to import the US one when it came out to play it a 2nd time only to find nope i did not miss anything in translation the story is rubbish and characters are weak .

i have been importing jap square games since the Snes and playing / translating them .. and then playing the US ones if they came out in the US .. FFX and 8 are the worst by far . .. Like i said last GREAT FF title was 7 .. (12 is ok but not as good as 7) and the last GREAT Square game was Xenogears by far ..

So dull that you spent 40 hrs replaying it? Heh okay.

I'll play SH1 first then before arguing with you further.

darren
08-26-2006, 01:21 PM
So dull that you spent 40 hrs replaying it? Heh okay.

it's called seeing if my translation of the jap version was right ....

when LEARNING a forgien language you kinda need to check what you did ..

or is that to hard to figure out .... lol ...

plus since i had already spent 80 odd hours playing / translating the jap version 2nd time round yoou can finish it in a LOT less than 40 hours dude .. MUCH less .. in fact 1st time through in english can be doen in much less than 40 hours.

another thing i could not stand was the terrible blitz ball game .. very dull

I'll play SH1 first then before arguing with you further.

i think you should go back and play stuff like Thousand Arms (MAN THIS GAMES NEEDS A SEQUAL), Xenogears, Chrono Cross, FFT, Arc the Lad 2,FF7, DQ7, DQ8, Suikoden III, Grandia 1 -3 as well to find RPGs which are all better than FFX to name but a few... i could list a bucket load of other RPG that are better than FFX but i cannot be arsed togo through my collection. and they are just a few games from PS1 and PS2 have not included better rpgs from other systems ..

but everyone like different stuff i guess .. i just thought that FFX was crap compared to a lot of rpgs and compared to other FF games

Escaflowne2001
08-26-2006, 01:47 PM
. And no mentioning SH Convenant around me. That has to be one of the crappiest rpgs out.

You didn't like SH2 no wonder you haven't played Shadow Hearts 3 yet you'd cry yourself to death.

Alucard
08-26-2006, 02:00 PM
SH2 was the biggest let down since suikoden 4 for me. I cant touch SH3 from the stuff I've heard. Its just tragic that a LEGENDARY first title gets butchered later by different development teams. Not fair at all. Even Yuri is TOTALY different.

FinalSolace2
08-26-2006, 02:33 PM

i cant understand why this is not the prevailing ideology....

i guess people have got used to the idea of false freedom...

littlewig
08-26-2006, 02:56 PM
There really is no overworld?

I've gotten to my first blitzball game in FFX, and I still haven't seen an overworld, although I've been to multiple towns.

I wonder if I should keep playing, it's not like the FMVs are anything special...

Nindalf
08-26-2006, 02:56 PM

well, people do work.

UniGamer
08-26-2006, 03:41 PM
There really is no overworld?

I've gotten to my first blitzball game in FFX, and I still haven't seen an overworld, although I've been to multiple towns.

I wonder if I should keep playing, it's not like the FMVs are anything special...

There isn't any world map. It?s a weak game but, it isn't totally crap. Whatever you do don't play X2. That is a waste of time.

artraider
08-26-2006, 05:11 PM
I would say X2 was a improvement from x as it should be, the battles were faster and it felt gameplay wise deeper. The story was silly but thats what it was ment to be and the extra dungeon that is quite deep in x2 is quite a challange in itself.

diunx
08-26-2006, 05:42 PM

plus since i had already spent 80 odd hours playing / translating the jap version 2nd time round yoou can finish it in a LOT less than 40 hours dude .. MUCH less .. in fact 1st time through in english can be doen in much less than 40 hours.

so you bought a game you don't like 2 times and spend more than 80 hours in it :confused: .

Diavle
08-26-2006, 09:40 PM

another thing i could not stand was the terrible blitz ball game .. very dull

ROFL so you spent over a hundred hours on an RPG you despise for the sake of learning a language? Nice excuse.

I personally don't play any of those side mechanics RPGs have like Blitz ball, fishing, cooking etc. You'd be amazed how easy it is to ignore them.

i think you should go back and play stuff like Thousand Arms (MAN THIS GAMES NEEDS A SEQUAL), Xenogears, Chrono Cross, FFT, Arc the Lad 2,FF7, DQ7, DQ8, Suikoden III, Grandia 1 -3 as well to find RPGs which are all better than FFX to name but a few... i could list a bucket load of other RPG that are better than FFX but i cannot be arsed togo through my collection. and they are just a few games from PS1 and PS2 have not included better rpgs from other systems ..

but everyone like different stuff i guess .. i just thought that FFX was crap compared to a lot of rpgs and compared to other FF games

I have played and consider Xenogears to be the best RPG of all time, so what? There is a difference between saying 'one of the greatest' and 'the greatest'.

DQ7 and DQ8 are crud.

FF7 is great, mainly due to the story though.

Chrono Cross, didn't hold my attention. Too many characters to keep track of and boring battle system (soundtrack rocks though).

I have seen my brother play Grandia 1 and 2 (eww) and I haven't heard much good about 3.

Sui3 I have yet to play, I hear 4 is crap but with V they really redeemed themselves.

Escaflowne2001
08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
What's the big deal if he thinks FFX is a great RPG god knows how he doesn't like Grandia 1 and 2 but enjoys FFX but that's has choice no matter how weird it is.

SuperAngelo64
08-26-2006, 10:06 PM
i cant understand why this is not the prevailing ideology....

Solace, this is your best post ever. I honestly did not think you could link Final Fantasy to a future Police State.

:clap:

Nem
08-26-2006, 10:28 PM
I have seen my brother play Grandia 1 and 2 (eww) and I haven't heard much good about 3.

OKOKOK... Time to dispell this foolish misconception of Grandia 3 now that i've completed it. Grandia 3 is great!!!
The battle system is just awsome, the battles and the dungeons were beautyfull and challenging just in the right level. The Character expressions were greatly improved and the enjoyable music was still there. The story though, wasnt as epic has in previous Grandias. But the bar had already been set very high cause of the first two titles greatness. Without doubt, Grandia 3 is nevertheless one of the most enjoyable RPG's of this generation. It sure has the NEM seal of aproval!!

Naoko Suki
08-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Don't worry, I still want to play FF12. I believe the FF3 sold faster and more copies because Handhelds are still one of the top systems.

SuperAngelo64
08-26-2006, 11:24 PM
I believe it sold faster because it's sheer awesome.

Alucard
08-27-2006, 01:39 AM
Grandia 1 is legendary and 2 is great. I havent played 3 yet but I hear the story is no where near as good as the first two, Anyone whos played it care to say anything? Though I'd prefer if you've played the first two aswell.

VietBitter
08-27-2006, 01:59 AM
Whats wrong with FFX? It was pretty good game imo, for once the battle system felt balanced, which reminds me when i first played it I chose "Expert Sphere System", long story short, i fucked up my skills and took me countless retrys to beat the bosses. It was fun though.

shinobi00
08-27-2006, 02:18 AM
My last couple japanese rpgs were skies of arcadia and grandia 2. I doubt I've missed anything since those games. Japanese RPGs are gay and have used the same battle system for 20 years. America FTW! if blue dragon isn't good I will never play another japanese RPG again.

I'm not sure why people are surprised about the sales of FF3. One of the only good ff+People looking for **** to do on their DS+People have beaten mario 1000 times and theres nothing else to play= million seller.

Northeastmonk
08-27-2006, 03:24 AM
We won't get the nice packaging like Japan did. Those boxes are huge. I already know the ending to 12, so I'm more excited about 3. duh! It's fans that have the big mouths.!

darren
08-27-2006, 04:34 AM
ROFL so you spent over a hundred hours on an RPG you despise for the sake of learning a language? Nice excuse.

yes it is a bloody good excuse dip **** since due to playing / translating rubbish like ff10 i can now near as dame read japanese . .. which is great coz unlike i actually got a lot more out of the time spet playing it and unlike you i do not have to wait 12 -18 months for games to be ported to english or whatever you speak to play them. Thats if they ever get ported from japanese in the first place. in which case you will never play them

.. worth while learning to read japanese ......

yes i than think so .. since i am now paid to mark ISEB IT exams which have been written in japanese. And that a VERY nice little earner ..

DQ7 and DQ8 are crud.

Now i understand why you think FFX is one of the best RPGs ever when you say these are crud, It must be style over actual content that you look for in a goood RPG. .. lol ..

gradia 1 is awesome .. better than FF7 and almost as good as Xenogears. Grandia 2 was also great. Gradia three was nt great but a better game than FFX thats for sure

What's the big deal if he thinks FFX is a great RPG god knows how he doesn't like Grandia 1 and 2 but enjoys FFX but that's has choice no matter how weird it is.

its no big deal .. but to say its one of the best rpgs ever made seems a little odd when there are 100s better ...lol .. and yes i agree it is a VERY weird choice .. almost as odd as some saying FF8 and 9 are some of the best rpgs ever made

Diavle
08-27-2006, 05:17 AM
yes it is a bloody good excuse dip **** since due to playing / translating rubbish like ff10 i can now near as dame read japanese . .. which is great coz unlike i actually got a lot more out of the time spet playing it and unlike you i do not have to wait 12 -18 months for games to be ported to english or whatever you speak to play them. Thats if they ever get ported from japanese in the first place. in which case you will never play them

.. worth while learning to read japanese ......

yes i than think so .. since i am now paid to mark ISEB IT exams which have been written in japanese. And that a VERY nice little earner ..

Man are you stupid, whats the point in arguing with you when you don't even read/understand what I say?

Now i understand why you think FFX is one of the best RPGs ever when you say these are crud, It must be style over actual content that you look for in a goood RPG. .. lol ..

I'd take that anyday over a series with endless (hella boring and basic) battles, no story or characterization and where the dialogue is aimed at 5 year olds.

Nindalf
08-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Man are you stupid

how can you say that to this face:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/images/avatars/mog.jpg

Diavle
08-27-2006, 05:33 AM
how can you say that to this face:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/images/avatars/mog.jpg

I have a kid sister, there has been substantial training.

I am immune.

Nindalf
08-27-2006, 05:42 AM
there's nothing wrong with smiling, old chap.

Diavle
08-27-2006, 05:50 AM
there's nothing wrong with smiling, old chap.

Come again?

Alucard
08-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Settle down the lot of you. If you havent played Shadow Hearts 1 then GTFO and go play it before you start throwing around best rpgs of PS2 arguments.

Nindalf
08-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Come again?
you edited a smiley face out.

darren
08-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Settle down the lot of you. If you havent played Shadow Hearts 1 then GTFO and go play it before you start throwing around best rpgs of PS2 arguments.

totally agree dude best by far on the system.

Man are you stupid, whats the point in arguing with you when you don't even read/understand what I say?

nope i read what you said corretly ..

you basically called me stupid for play a very average rpg for 100 hours .

all i did was explain why ..

and @ ?700 every 3months on top of my normal salary for a weeks exam marking (which takes abut 10 hours during the week) i think play a VERY average game for 100 is a very good investment don't u think ..... lol .. i do ... :D .. plus i played one hell of a lot of great jap games beofre they got released with english translations ..

Diavle
08-27-2006, 06:15 AM
*** dang double post, delete pls***

Diavle
08-27-2006, 06:18 AM

I'll be starting on it tomorrow, we'll talk regarding this soon.

you edited a smiley face out.

Oh that, I put it up by mistake and since I was kinda getting my behind handed to me by the final boss it sorta annoyed me.

You're right though.

you basically called me stupid for play a very average rpg for 100 hours .

all i did was explain why ..

No, I called you stupid for putting over a 100 hours into an rpg you despised.

darren
08-27-2006, 06:55 AM
No, I called you stupid for putting over a 100 hours into an rpg you despised.

never said despised .. very average .. but not despised .. it's just not one of the best rpgs ever .. thats all .

and even if i did despise it .. (whiich i do not) .. like i said i earn an extra ?700 every 3 months for marking japanese IT exam papers, which take about 10 - 12 hours (on top of the VERY nice salary i have for my job) .. if learning japanese from playing average games like FFX has enabled me to do this .. really make what is so stupid??? please explain ???

.. LOL ..

if thats stupid then sign me up buddy .. .hahahaha ..

Diavle
08-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Just finished FFX and I gotta say that was the most fullfiling ending I have come across in an RPG. Xenogears and FF7 were great but their endings left much to be desired imo.

The sequence where Tidus hugs Yuna from behind is classic.

On a sort of related note, the emotions on Tidus face were simply astounding imo. The way they handled the eyes, mouth and especially the teeth was just jaw-dropping. Not even the much newer FF7AC can match imo.

Usually with RPGs I get the feeling in the midst "ummm... how close is the end" but this didn't even happen once in this one, quite an oddity actually in my case. Heh the only RPG I actually enjoyed playing through and through.

never said despised .. very average .. but not despised .. it's just not one of the best rpgs ever .. thats all .

and even if i did despise it .. (whiich i do not) .. like i said i earn an extra ?700 every 3 months for marking japanese IT exam papers, which take about 10 - 12 hours (on top of the VERY nice salary i have for my job) .. if learning japanese from playing average games like FFX has enabled me to do this .. really make what is so stupid??? please explain ???

.. LOL ..

if thats stupid then sign me up buddy .. .hahahaha ..

There he goes missing the point again, I give up.

darren
08-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Just finished FFX and I gotta say that was the most fullfiling ending I have come across in an RPG. Xenogears and FF7 were great but their endings left much to be desired imo.

The sequence where Tidus hugs Yuna from behind is classic.

On a sort of related note, the emotions on Tidus face were simply astounding imo. The way they handled the eyes, mouth and especially the teeth was just jaw-dropping. Not even the much newer FF7AC can match imo.

Usually with RPGs I get the feeling in the midst "ummm... how close is the end" but this didn't even happen once in this one, quite an oddity actually in my case. Heh the only RPG I actually enjoyed playing through and through.

There he goes missing the point again, I give up.

but you still have not explained why you think me using what i consider to be a very average game to help learn japanese , which i can now read nearly fulently is stupid .. ????

Diavle
08-27-2006, 07:37 AM
but you still have not explained why you think me using what i consider to be a very average game to help learn japanese , which i can now read nearly fulently is stupid .. ????

Your attempts at asking seemed more like oppurtunities to flaunt your pay than anything else (I get it, good for you).

Its stupid because you used a game that you obviously don't like and know of "100s" of RPGs that are better. I think that and taking the time to s**t all over it in this thread is pretty hateful.

I personally wouldn't have used a game i dislike so much to learn anything, on the contrary, I would have used something to catch and hold my attention so that I would actually want to go through with the activity. Not to mention you went through it a few times.

So in my eyes you are either stupid or just lying.

Nindalf
08-27-2006, 07:50 AM
he said the game was average, not ass suckingly bad, you silly person. you've never played an average game?

Diavle
08-27-2006, 07:58 AM
I love Xenogears but there is no way I would replay it because it is an RPG. I finished FF7 6 years ago, loved it but still have no urge to replay it.

He thinks the story and characters are dull and that it is "rubbish" yet replays it multiple times.

I though Legendia was average at best, would I pick it to TRANSLATE? Heck no, I'd go for something like XG or Vagrant Story.

RPGs aren't just about story, tons of time is spent on battles. If he were willing to go through all this multiple times then he sure as heck should have loved it, yet he claimes the story and characters were lame (precisely what he was translating).

Nindalf
08-27-2006, 08:01 AM
I though Legendia was average at best, would I pick it to TRANSLATE? Heck no, I'd go for something like XG or Vagrant Story.

breaking news: not everyone is like diavle

Diavle
08-27-2006, 08:06 AM
breaking news: not everyone is like diavle

Thats valid.

I just can't fathom anyone playing a game that they don't like and/or consider average for over a hundred hours, not just that but at the same time performing the daunting task of translating.

Nindalf
08-27-2006, 08:07 AM
some people like math and think masturbation isn't right/fun. i don't try to understand them.

Diavle
08-27-2006, 08:08 AM
lol you win.

folken001
08-27-2006, 08:43 AM
I thought FF7 had the greatest fighting system. I'd pick Xenogears but I hated the whole robot + limited fuel bs. As far as FFX goes, I personally thought the story was kinda weak. The whole "dream" issue made no sense to me. I DID NOT like the voice acting in FFX. Tidus' voice annoyed me to death.

The story of grandia 3 was ok. But the difficulty between disc 1 and 2 is like heaven and hell.

Simply because, you have many other ways to learn Japanese. I also don't believe this, FFX is crap but I played 40 hrs of it to learn Japanese. You don't have any other Japanese games to play or something?

Diavle
08-27-2006, 09:40 AM
As far as FFX goes, I personally thought the story was kinda weak. The whole "dream" issue made no sense to me. I DID NOT like the voice acting in FFX. Tidus' voice annoyed me to death.

No offense but I think you should try understanding it then before putting it down, check out a faq perhaps?

The VAs weren't half bad, Tidus VA didn't annoy me as much as I thought he would.

darren
08-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Thats valid.

I just can't fathom anyone playing a game that they don't like and/or consider average for over a hundred hours, not just that but at the same time performing the daunting task of translating.

reason is very simple .. when learning japanese .. FF games are easiest to translate they use a very simple japanese as they aim the games are all ages .. ENIX and Konami are MUCH hard to translate as the games are written with a older age bracket in mind .. and yes that includes the DQ games

No offense but I think you should try understanding it then before putting it down, check out a faq perhaps?

The VAs weren't half bad, Tidus VA didn't annoy me as much as I thought he would.

Tidus for me was a bit like Link and god know how many other video games characters that have come out of Japan .. Stuck in the closet with Tom Cruise ... lol ..

Alucard
08-27-2006, 10:19 AM
I would of enjoyed the ending of FFX alot more, but the game dropped points for making him still be alive when its obvious he should cease to exist. That riled me up and I was not pleased at all. Not pleased AT ALL. You dont take a cool ending where the main chaarcter just blinks out of existance sadly, and then say lololo too many people might be sad, lets disney this **** up for them.

Diavle
08-27-2006, 11:44 AM
reason is very simple .. when learning japanese .. FF games are easiest to translate they use a very simple japanese as they aim the games are all ages .. ENIX and Konami are MUCH hard to translate as the games are written with a older age bracket in mind .. and yes that includes the DQ games

I'm sorry but I simply can't believe this unless the DQ8 I played is drastically different from the jap version whereupon they got something highly mature and I got kiddie material.

I would of enjoyed the ending of FFX alot more, but the game dropped points for making him still be alive when its obvious he should cease to exist. That riled me up and I was not pleased at all. Not pleased AT ALL. You dont take a cool ending where the main chaarcter just blinks out of existance sadly, and then say lololo too many people might be sad, lets disney this **** up for them.

For me FFX ended when the credits started rolling.

It struck me as very odd how Tidus woke up, rather normally instead of "What the fudge? I is alive?!". I would have had a few theories regarding this but considering the release of X-2 and its much lighter direction (my sister started playing it yesterday), I figure it was just Square setting it up for a spin-off.

P.S. Anyone know a link where I can watch the extended FFX: International ending?

darren
08-27-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry but I simply can't believe this unless the DQ8 I played is drastically different from the jap version whereupon they got something highly mature and I got kiddie material.

For me FFX ended when the credits started rolling.

It struck me as very odd how Tidus woke up, rather normally instead of "What the fudge? I is alive?!". I would have had a few theories regarding this but considering the release of X-2 and its much lighter direction (my sister started playing it yesterday), I figure it was just Square setting it up for a spin-off.

P.S. Anyone know a link where I can watch the extended FFX: International ending?

well believe it, and who said anything about the content?? .. i'm talking about the level of language used to write / speak it. Enix and Konami use a much older level of the language compare to square. And yes the localisation of DQ8 is not that good.

Kiuju2k
08-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Famitsu gave that game a perfect score? WTF? Alright. Alright.

Nephilim
08-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Game has always been childish, even in japan
infact the only thing mature, were some of its plots and the AMERICAN box arts

Nem
08-27-2006, 05:00 PM
The story of grandia 3 was ok. But the difficulty between disc 1 and 2 is like heaven and hell.

Honestly... I read a review saying the same thing before buying the game but i didnt feel that way at all. Did you play Grandia Xtreme? Now that can be called hell!
I dont know why ppl think disk 2 is hard. You either skipped too many battles or havent set up your characters as well has you should've in disk 2.
The only part i thought was out of balance was the second area when heading to see Drak. Rest was good enough for me. Besides, this all matter can be cause you dont take advantage of everything the game offers. I'm pretty sure the game was created considering ppl would try to take advantage of it. In particular i mean you can skip battles until you find a restorative save point and you can backtrack with that point has your reference.

folken001
08-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Honestly... I read a review saying the same thing before buying the game but i didnt feel that way at all. Did you play Grandia Xtreme? Now that can be called hell!
I dont know why ppl think disk 2 is hard. You either skipped too many battles or havent set up your characters as well has you should've in disk 2.
The only part i thought was out of balance was the second area when heading to see Drak. Rest was good enough for me. Besides, this all matter can be cause you dont take advantage of everything the game offers. I'm pretty sure the game was created considering ppl would try to take advantage of it. In particular i mean you can skip battles until you find a restorative save point and you can backtrack with that point has your reference.
Yea, I did play Extreme. Extreme kinda put me to sleep though. It seems I was always in some kind of dungeons killing enemies for a very simply reason: They need to be killed.

Well, I didn't skip battles on the first discs at all. I even killed those drawing on the walls when I first met them. I didn't start to escape battles until I met those Psi or w/e u call them on the 2nd disc. Because, they attack like 4 times as fast. They are also capable to defeat one of my characters with one attack. I THINK, if you didn't combine ur eggs effectively, you'll have a lot of the trouble on the 2nd disc.

folken001
08-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Game has always been childish, even in japan
infact the only thing mature, were some of its plots and the AMERICAN box arts
childish is fine. But DQ 7 and 8 were boring to me. I honestly couldn't stand DQ7. I expected DQ8 to be better and it was. Not by much though. I don't know how DQ8 got good reviews.

folken001
08-27-2006, 05:24 PM

None taken. But, it's a game, I dont' expect to put too much time into it to understand it. Plus, I think I understook it enough and I didn't like the story. I know people like different things. I was just voicing my opinions.

Alucard
08-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Come on Folken, you been around long enough to know about double and triple posting. NO!

folken001
08-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Come on Folken, you been around long enough to know about double and triple posting. NO!
No Comboing?

........ ><

artraider
08-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Final Fantasy 3 and Dragon Quest as a whole truely sell to a wide audiance in that the games are quite simplified compared to todays rpgs that have tryed to tack on elements of gameplay, but are at its core similar to what the older dragon quest and final fantasy 3 were. This could be wrong but it seams as far as their sales go it shows they might want to hold on to the turn based system as it seams alot of rpgs in past year or so are turning to more action based systems.

Diavle
08-27-2006, 09:05 PM
childish is fine. But DQ 7 and 8 were boring to me. I honestly couldn't stand DQ7. I expected DQ8 to be better and it was. Not by much though. I don't know how DQ8 got good reviews.

Ditto.

Considering how much praise I was hearing and the through-the-roof sales in Japan, I really tried giving DQ8 a shot (25hours worth) but it was just so darn boring.

Zod
08-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Its old school FF. Japan are square whores but they're old school square whores even more.

I don't blame them. With the exception of graphics, old school FF's are immensely better than any current-gen FF.

folken001
08-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Ditto.

Considering how much praise I was hearing and the through-the-roof sales in Japan, I really tried giving DQ8 a shot (25hours worth) but it was just so darn boring.
I played around 25 hrs too. I actually think I slept through 8 of these hours.

artraider
08-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Dragon quest 8 to me seams to lack balance in difficulty in battles for bosses for the most part.

Nem
08-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Yea, I did play Extreme. Extreme kinda put me to sleep though. It seems I was always in some kind of dungeons killing enemies for a very simply reason: They need to be killed.

Well, I didn't skip battles on the first discs at all. I even killed those drawing on the walls when I first met them. I didn't start to escape battles until I met those Psi or w/e u call them on the 2nd disc. Because, they attack like 4 times as fast. They are also capable to defeat one of my characters with one attack. I THINK, if you didn't combine ur eggs effectively, you'll have a lot of the trouble on the 2nd disc.

Well... dunno then.
Either something was different in the way we set up our characters or we have different takes on difficulty... wich is weird cause im the kind of guy who hates a game thats too hard. Just dont have patience for that die and try again routine.

folken001
08-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Well... dunno then.
Either something was different in the way we set up our characters or we have different takes on difficulty... wich is weird cause im the kind of guy who hates a game thats too hard. Just dont have patience for that die and try again routine.
i stopped @ that plant boss. It has the ability to take out unlimited amount of annoying enemies.(especially the ones that drop those dynamites) I was obviously underleveled. After 45 mins of hardbattle, I lost control of situation and was defeated. I got pissed off and haven't played it again since.

Alexander
08-27-2006, 11:43 PM
I don't know if we're still talking about FF X, because I'm not really interested in reading the last two pages, but Alucard's right about the plot holes. The story makes no sense and never will, no matter how much you try to defend it.

Diavle
08-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I played around 25 hrs too. I actually think I slept through 8 of these hours.

Lucky...

I don't know if we're still talking about FF X, because I'm not really interested in reading the last two pages, but Alucard's right about the plot holes. The story makes no sense and never will, no matter how much you try to defend it.

Thats what the MGS2 haters say.

Seraph
08-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Thats what the MGS2 haters say.Hmmm, now why would they say that?..... :P

Diavle
08-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Hmmm, now why would they say that?..... :P

Because they think stories should be spoon fed to them instead of trying to put some of that grey matter to good use.

Nem
08-28-2006, 12:51 AM
i stopped @ that plant boss. It has the ability to take out unlimited amount of annoying enemies.(especially the ones that drop those dynamites) I was obviously underleveled. After 45 mins of hardbattle, I lost control of situation and was defeated. I got pissed off and haven't played it again since.

Is that the one when youre going out of that "crystal" world? ( If not try to tell me the area where you found it. I might be able to give you some hints ;) )
I finished it in like 5 minutes. Im not trying to show off, i know cause i watched the gametrailers review and when they talked about difficulty thats the battle they showed and i was surprised i finished so quickly.
Anyways i remember i basicaly spammed my AoE spells and skills at the beggining of the match and it was basically just the boss left. Some swift interrupt and single enemy nuking (think it was meteor shower at that time) + air combos made the rest.
Well, i dont know yet again. The way i setup my characters was very conservative. I made Dhana the "nuker" with fire and earth magic and + magic acessory, skills and weapon. Alfina was the same but has the healer with water and wind. Yuki and ulf were the physical pain ditchers with + strength acessory and skills. Dunno if at the time i already had those skills that double the number of attacks on them or not but they are killers combined with their special moves that double the combos yet again and in an air combo. Maximum level possible eggs and skill books. Emergency healing taken care of with items.

All this made me remember that there was actually a Boss that was quite the challenge. Hes at the entrance of a flying castle you go to into in the second disc. He was incredibly overpowered and i died quickly the first time i met him. Once i analyzed him i focused the damage on one of the parts. When he lost a part the combat was leveled. I guess thats the case where were supposed to use the summon orbs since i dont think i wouldve made it without it.
Those summon like orbs are something you should always have filled when you go into a boss fight. Theyre really like a cheat, but in extreme cases they give you the chance you needed to win! Dont use Draks orb though. Its crap! Always go for the defensive ones.

Its quite surprising no one mentions the rather easy final boss though :P. His worse spell could be evaded! lol! lvl 44 is all thats needed to defeat it :)

I let myself go there...i apologize for the out-of-topic post :sweat:

shinobi00
08-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Grandia is too easy, play phantsy star. I didn't have any trouble at all in grandia because I killed every single enemy, and walked back to heal, every dungeon. I was having so much fun with the battle system. I may have died a max of 2 times.

Nephlabobo
08-28-2006, 03:29 AM
Grandia is too easy, play phantsy star. I didn't have any trouble at all in grandia because I killed every single enemy, and walked back to heal, every dungeon. I was having so much fun with the battle system. I may have died a max of 2 times.

Yeah, it's easy but the battle system is great and it's got a decent story.

Don't be dissing Grandia

Alucard
08-28-2006, 04:12 AM
Grandia 1 is more awesome then any FF game created. Well...possibly not FF4. But I cant remember it too well. All I remember is mutant single man tank mech things and a ghost subway.

SuperAngelo64
08-28-2006, 04:25 AM
...possibly not FF4.

There we go.

Lord_Yggdrassil
08-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Of course americans/english are going to think DQ is boring,it doesn't have flashy FMV's and good looking characters. DQVIII is an Excellent traditional JRPG.

Nephlabobo
08-28-2006, 07:54 AM
That's an unfair generalisation.

Traditional doesn't always equal great.

Diavle
08-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Of course americans/english are going to think DQ is boring,it doesn't have flashy FMV's and good looking characters. DQVIII is an Excellent traditional JRPG.

That doesn't stand since DQ8 is excellent visually, perfectly capturing Toriyama's style.

Alexander
08-28-2006, 08:41 AM
Thats what the MGS2 haters say.
You do know that MGS2 is probably my favorite game ever.

Diavle
08-28-2006, 09:04 AM

It is mine too and that is why I used the example.

I have done my fair share of defending it across various boards so know how ignorant people can be when it comes to taking the time to understand something.

SuperAngelo64
08-28-2006, 11:06 AM

You know what my favorite game is?

The RPG you never made ):

Nindalf
08-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Xander has failed us all!

folken001
08-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Is that the one when youre going out of that "crystal" world? ( If not try to tell me the area where you found it. I might be able to give you some hints ;) )
I finished it in like 5 minutes. Im not trying to show off, i know cause i watched the gametrailers review and when they talked about difficulty thats the battle they showed and i was surprised i finished so quickly.
Anyways i remember i basicaly spammed my AoE spells and skills at the beggining of the match and it was basically just the boss left. Some swift interrupt and single enemy nuking (think it was meteor shower at that time) + air combos made the rest.
Well, i dont know yet again. The way i setup my characters was very conservative. I made Dhana the "nuker" with fire and earth magic and + magic acessory, skills and weapon. Alfina was the same but has the healer with water and wind. Yuki and ulf were the physical pain ditchers with + strength acessory and skills. Dunno if at the time i already had those skills that double the number of attacks on them or not but they are killers combined with their special moves that double the combos yet again and in an air combo. Maximum level possible eggs and skill books. Emergency healing taken care of with items.

All this made me remember that there was actually a Boss that was quite the challenge. Hes at the entrance of a flying castle you go to into in the second disc. He was incredibly overpowered and i died quickly the first time i met him. Once i analyzed him i focused the damage on one of the parts. When he lost a part the combat was leveled. I guess thats the case where were supposed to use the summon orbs since i dont think i wouldve made it without it.
Those summon like orbs are something you should always have filled when you go into a boss fight. Theyre really like a cheat, but in extreme cases they give you the chance you needed to win! Dont use Draks orb though. Its crap! Always go for the defensive ones.

Its quite surprising no one mentions the rather easy final boss though :P. His worse spell could be evaded! lol! lvl 44 is all thats needed to defeat it :)

I let myself go there...i apologize for the out-of-topic post :sweat:
I'll probably get back to it sometimes.... The game is loaned out right now...

Alexander
08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
More like you all failed me. :crying:

littlewig
08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm getting a hair cut tomorrow.

Dr. Bombay
08-28-2006, 08:34 PM
ME TOO!!!

Maybe, If I can find a place to tighten up my locks.

Diavle
08-29-2006, 12:24 AM
More like you all failed me. :crying:

Nah, more like we failed each other.

I backed off since I saw almost noone was interested. I was in a project before and after I put lots of time in the others decided it was "too much work" and killed it off, didn't want to be left in the dry again.

Sinful Sam
08-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Nah. I thought MGS2 had more problems then a weak story. But I rather not say because it will take this thread further off topic then what it already is.

Dr. Bombay
08-29-2006, 03:03 AM
So anyway, does this mean a propper remake of FF6 for the DS? Or perhaps a Wii version of FF13?

Escaflowne2001
08-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Or perhaps a Wii version of FF13?

not very likely considering how much Squaresoft like there graphics and there high quality FMV for there Final Fantasy games.

SuperAngelo64
08-29-2006, 07:59 AM
I personally, don't want to see that "Novus Crystallis" or whatever it's called crap go anywhere near Nintendo.

I do hope that this convinces Square to make FF6 DS, that would kick ass.

Ryan_Falco
09-02-2006, 07:39 PM
FF3 is da bomb yo!

Nephlabobo
09-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Please don't talk like that.

darren
09-03-2006, 04:16 AM
FF3 is da bomb yo!

hmm i'm surprised you have heard of it let alone played it ..

Please don't talk like that.

this pains me to say but i actually agree with you here dude ... lol ...

I personally, don't want to see that "Novus Crystallis" or whatever it's called crap go anywhere near Nintendo.

I do hope that this convinces Square to make FF6 DS, that would kick ass.

TOTALLY agree with you dude .. hopefully with the massive success of FF3 in Japan Sqaure have loads of plans for re makes of old classics oon DS .. FF6 would be great but i would rather see FF5 first (may personal fav)

AND also some of the old dragon quests would be AWESOME redone in 3d ..

BUT .. the two i would love to see redone on DS would be Bahumuts Lagoon and Treasure Hunter G. both AWESOME games and ver released outside of Japan. They were Square last two rpgs for the SNes is i remember rightly .. and possibly the best two on the system

UniGamer
09-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Aren't they planning to release 5 & 6 on the GBA? Once they are released i think those will be the only versions of FF 5 & 6 for a while.

darren
09-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Aren't they planning to release 5 & 6 on the GBA? Once they are released i think those will be the only versions of FF 5 & 6 for a while.

probebly .. but they might shift um to DS ... fingers crossed .. but like i said bahumuts lagoon and treasure hunter G NEED to be done

DJ_Moschops
09-03-2006, 08:50 AM
5 & 6 are coming to GBA.

EGM reported that Square Enix will reveal a new simulation RPG game for Nintendo DS based on Final Fantasy XIII sometimes this fall.

sharky~
09-03-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/08/24/h-103_58932_saikoubi.jpg.jpg
Says it all really..

I'll be honest I HATE HATE HATE HATE and HATE Final Fantasy games..
everything about them makes me cringe.
I cant exactly pin point what I dont like about the series..
I think its a bunch of things.

SuperAngelo64
09-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I cant exactly pin point what I dont like about the series..

The Fanbase?

darren
09-03-2006, 11:56 AM
5 & 6 are coming to GBA.

EGM reported that Square Enix will reveal a new simulation RPG game for Nintendo DS based on Final Fantasy XIII sometimes this fall.

according to ebgames.com FF V is out on the 6th Nov 2006 on the GBA .. YEAH!!!! lets hope so

sharky~
09-03-2006, 12:13 PM
I dont like the fanbase/fanboys, there some of the worst,

I dont like the way that they over shadow other RPGs, that are much better,

I dont like how There milked so much,

I dont like corny love storys, or over the top moves,

I dont like the way every guy in it looks like a queen,

I dont like the Square can make a game nothing like any other of the games slap then FF
brand name on it and sell a billion copys.

I dont like that they were in direct compo with Phantasy Star games
PS was a much cooler series and still didnt get the recognition it desirves.

I dont like the way my girlfriends brother always talks about it.

I dont really like the game play or storys in the later ones eather.

UniGamer
09-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Square used FF as a cash cow, they just released crap after crap for a while.
Now they seem to have that fire in their belly again.

They could have just ported FF III to the GBA instead, they decided to rework the game from the ground up for the DS, fully utilising it's unique touch screen feature.

On the PS2 they could have carried on with the crappy FF titles. Instead they listened to the fans and gave us FF12

Diavle
09-03-2006, 12:47 PM
On the PS2 they could have carried on with the crappy FF titles. Instead they listened to the fans and gave us FF12

Don't worry its Square, give it a while and the game will recieve the same amount of underserved hate.

I see people blindly hating stuff (sharky, most of your reasons are laughable, no offense).

FFX is the best RPG on the ps2, haven't seen one other RPG that can match it.

Remakes? Wouldn't be surprised that ppl are condoning them simply because they know its a remake of something old and by liking it, technically, they aren't liking something new. Regardless of the fact that it has been remade from the ground up by the same exact company featuring, again, pretty graphics and high production values.

darren
09-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Don't worry its Square, give it a while and the game will recieve the same amount of underserved hate.

I see people blindly hating stuff (sharky, most of your reasons are laughable, no offense).

FFX is the best RPG on the ps2, haven't seen one other RPG that can match it.

Remakes? Wouldn't be surprised that ppl are condoning them simply because they know its a remake of something old and by liking it, technically, they aren't liking something new. Regardless of the fact that it has been remade from the ground up by the same exact company featuring, again, pretty graphics and high production values.

from the PS2 rpgs i'v played i'd go for any of these over FFX personally anytime

Atellier Aries : Eternal Mana 1 or 2
Digital Devil Saga 1 or 2
Dragon Quest 8
Suikoden 3
Grandia 2 .. and possibly 3
Makai Senki Disgaea 1 or 2
Persona 3
Phantom Brave
Radiata Stories
Rouge Galaxy
Valkyrie Profile 2

Diavle
09-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Atellier Aries : Eternal Mana 1 or 2
Digital Devil Saga 1 or 2
Dragon Quest 8
Suikoden 3
Grandia 2 .. and possibly 3
Makai Senki Disgaea 1 or 2
Persona 3
Phantom Brave
Radiata Stories
Rouge Galaxy
Valkyrie Profile 2

Now I know you're full of it.

P.S. interesting how you were kissing Alucard's ass and cheering him on with Shadow Hearts yet you fail even to mention it.

darren
09-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Now I know you're full of it.

P.S. interesting how you were kissing Alucard's ass and cheering him on with Shadow Hearts yet you fail even to mention it.

the list was of the top of my head dude .. u might notice i missed FF12 as well which is better than FFX by a long way .. but then you would not know anything about that either would you .. ;)

Diavle
09-03-2006, 01:03 PM
the list was of the top of my head dude .. u might notice i missed FF12 as well which is better than FFX by a log way .. ;)

Whatever you say, you weren't mentioning it much before Alucard started talking about it either.

And when I was giving FFX the title I meant from the stateside released RPGs, that easily excludes Silmeria, FF12 and Rogue Galaxy etc.

Nephlabobo
09-03-2006, 01:09 PM
hehehe

Yes, Radiata Stories sucked hard.

I'm happy to see FF3 finally released in English because it never was.

The rest of them have been ported to PS1 and now GBA.

They don't need to remake them - that's just overkill.

darren
09-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Whatever you say, you weren't mentioning it much before Alucard started talking about it either.

dude if i was to go on about every great rpg i have played that is better than FFX or any of the FF games since 7 for that matter i would have a list a mile bloody long to talk about ... i'v better thing to do with my time .. like play more rpgs .. :D ..
mind you none to play at the moment which is a bit of a bummer ..

but i really cannot be arsed to discuse the why FF X is not the best RPG on the PS2 with you again .. we will never agree so i think we should end here.

And when I was giving FFX the title I meant from the stateside released RPGs, that easily excludes Silmeria, FF12 and Rogue Galaxy etc.

well you did not say that .. just because you have not or can't play them does not mean there are not games better, its a bit like saying FF6 was the last great snes rpg, just .. when there were loads better that only came out in japan; Bahumat lagooon and trasure hunter G for example spring to mind ..which are MUCH MUCH better ..

hehehe

Yes, Radiata Stories sucked hard.

I'm happy to see FF3 finally released in English because it never was.

The rest of them have been ported to PS1 and now GBA.

They don't need to remake them - that's just overkill.

totally agree about the FF ports .. FF V is coming to GBA in Nov and i think FF 6 is coming in 07 to GBA sometime . the stuff they need to port to DS is the stuff never released outside of Japan .. Treasure hunter G and Bahumat Lagoon are the ones i want to see re done for DS

Diavle
09-03-2006, 01:27 PM
dude if i was to go on about every great rpg i have played that is better than FFX or any of the FF games since 7 for that matter i would have a list a mile bloody long to talk about

If its anything like the previous list, save it.

well you did not say that .. just because you have not or can't play them does not mean there are not games better

If I can't play something in a language I can't undestand I won't consider it for anything, its just common sense.

darren
09-03-2006, 01:39 PM
If I can't play something in a language I can't undestand I won't consider it for anything, its just common sense.

and since i can play and understand stuff in another language its common sense that i do consider them. If someone says i think this game is better than that or best on system etc and i think one is better that i have played i'll say .. i'm not going to wonder if you can play it or not.

Diavle
09-03-2006, 01:45 PM
and since i can play and understand stuff in another language its common sense that i do consider them.

Are you leading me to believe that those 3 are the only ones that can match FFX? So vehemently arguing in their favour and all.

darren
09-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Are you leading me to believe that those 3 are the only ones that can match FFX? So vehemently arguing in their favour and all.

nope IMO there are quite a few better RPGS on the PS2 than FFX. i'm sure people on these board will list them as well if you really want them too dude. IMO FFX is one of the worst square have done .. but i can't be arsed to list um mate ..

BUT to you FFX is the best and thats cool .. thats your opinion .. IMO its poor compared to others. what yoou say we just leave it at that?

the only reason i talked about those 3 is that you said they do not count coz you cannot play them . which is t be fair; is not my fault dude is it if i can.

and talking of Jap games you can't play i might dig my snes out of the loft and fire up Treasure Hunter G .. it will tide me over till something new comes out.

Nephlabobo
09-03-2006, 01:52 PM
nope IMO there are quite a few better RPGS on the PS2 than FFX. i'm sure people on these board will list them as well if you really want them too dude. IMO FFX is one of the worst square have done .. but i can't be arsed to list um mate .. .

It's not the best they've ever done, but it's certainly better than FF7 and it gets alot of unfair abuse.

darren
09-03-2006, 01:56 PM
It's not the best they've ever done, but it's certainly better than FF7 and it gets alot of unfair abuse.

personally think 7 and 12 are much better .. but FFX is better than 8 and 9 .. but then thats not really that hard is it .. lol .. 8, 9 and 11 are by far he worst square have done followed by X IMO . 12 is a turn for the better from Square .. but time will tell when FF13 drops sometime in the distant future 2008 i assume in Japan

Nephlabobo
09-03-2006, 02:01 PM
When did you play 12?

darren
09-03-2006, 02:04 PM
When did you play 12?

when it came out in japan mate, thats when. Same goes for Rouge Galaxy and VP2. and i'm waiting for the US release of all 3.. maybe you could tell me when they are out over there?? Nov i think for FF12 no idea on the other 2.

i'm lucky in that i have been able to read japanese since the snes days mate when i had a load of lessons at night school. as i wanted to play all the square stuff back then that never got released in the US .. let alone in the UK where i live. not one FF game came out in the for the snes apart from mystic quest ...lol .. :( ..

infact the only sqaure games to get released in the UK back then were, FF Mystuc Quest, secerts of evermore and mana i think ...

being able to read japanese is the reaosn i will probebly get get a Jap Wii as like the DS a large amount of the best games will probebly not get released outside japan. and i do not want to miss them.

but i'm sure you will not believe that i can read japanese and call me every name under the sun in a few minutes ..

sharky~
09-03-2006, 02:44 PM

None taken, as half of them were jokes, but not untrue.
Blind hate, gets me everytime! :donno:

the best RPG on the ps2, haven't seen one other RPG that can match it.
If this is true, PS2 is an RPG waste land, but I know better then to beleave that.

That was the most suttle sony fanboyness I've seen in ages, nice! :thumb-up:

Diavle
09-03-2006, 02:46 PM
That was the most suttle sony fanboyness I've seen in ages, nice! :thumb-up:

I didn't even mention Sony.

sharky~
09-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Thats whats so suttle about it.

Diavle
09-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Thats whats so suttle about it.
you're a moron.