PDA

View Full Version : Forum pet peeves

gabriel
10-27-2002, 10:04 AM
You know what really annoys me? When people double post, then edit one of their posts to say that they double posted. When you edit, you can delete your post! So, when you double post, just delete one of the posts, rather than editing it to say what you did, and/or telling a moderator to delete it. I dont think I've seen this happen at this forum before, but it happens enough around the net that it gets irksome.

What are some forum behaviors that annoy you?

Alucard
10-27-2002, 10:16 AM
Bloody Icarus in my crop fields poncing about like a school girl, that annoys me. Crushes me crops and laughs in his alien like way that sounds like burping backwards.

And Seska annoys me. No reason needed!

ATMA
10-27-2002, 10:38 AM
Overlord always blames P.diddy for everything ! For the last time Leave him alone, he makes great re-mixes and people goes crazy in the club where i work when there's P.diddy blasting on the 30 kazillion watts speakers!

"Can nobody take my pride...can't nobody hold me down ...oh no ..i got to keep on moving" (I bet P.diddy made this one for you Overlord) :big smile

Alucard: goodluck catching that alien! :haha:

Nindalf
10-27-2002, 10:56 AM
What annoys me is those godd*mn weird short things like LOL or LMAO or FYI and IMO those are the ones i understand but what are the freaking ROTF (or something) how would you like if i post my post on some secret code language?YJSDAJHJAHDHHAJHHDAJJA you too!

And i think some of you dont like me... naturally Dog$ dont like me...(he suffered a deeb trauma when he was a child so i dont blame him) And i think there is other! its a conspiracy i tell you

WINDJAMMERS
10-27-2002, 02:28 PM
I don't like one line posts.;)

Robo Halloween
10-27-2002, 04:12 PM
I think people who say: Get a life! to other people in a videogame or anime forum are very sick.

Twelve
10-27-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Team Halloween
I think people who say: Get a life! to other people in a videogame or anime forum are very sick.

Hahhhahha! I completely agree! That's a good one!

Overlord
10-27-2002, 06:37 PM
ATMA:
Overlord always blames P.diddy for everything ! For the last time Leave him alone, he makes great re-mixes and people goes crazy in the club where i work when there's P.diddy blasting on the 30 kazillion watts speakers!

He makes great re-mixes? More like he invented them.

Anyway, I guess one of my biggest pet peeves here are when people use exclamation or question marks after each sentence, even though they don't have too. Even more annoying is when they use multiple ones after each sentence. :D

ATMA
10-27-2002, 06:44 PM
*shakes fist at Overlord!!!!!!!!!*

Overlord
10-27-2002, 06:53 PM
Calm down old man. You don't want to get a heart attack, now do you?

Drunken Savior
10-28-2002, 05:50 AM
Pe,rsonwhohaveb. adgrammerAndhorri!!?blepunctuation"

Healin
10-28-2002, 05:56 AM
Hate it when ppl are at the end of a losing arguement becuz he doesn't have enogh valid pts to sustain his claims and then he goes the other way and deviate from the arguement. Thats y I try to stay off debates. :rolleyes:

Dr.Nick Riviera
10-28-2002, 07:52 AM
Wanna be School teacherz / Grammer nerdz

Seska
10-28-2002, 10:34 AM
Ppl whoz alwayz postin like dey think tiz kool to talk like in da ghetto, w0rd, yo.

Kid0_oIcarus
10-28-2002, 10:49 AM
/me shakes fist at people who type in ALL CAPS.

Alucard
10-28-2002, 11:04 PM
What annoys me is people who use their post counts as a way to belittle 'newbies'.

Your opinion means little since you have less posts. Maybe when you have a few hundred I'll start listening to you.

Had that happen to me a few months back. Sadly for the guy who said this to me, my next post rocked him to his core on how stupid he was as I proved him wrong on something. HAR HAR

Overlord
10-29-2002, 10:42 PM
Alucard:
Had that happen to me a few months back. Sadly for the guy who said this to me, my next post rocked him to his core on how stupid he was as I proved him wrong on something. HAR HAR

Are you talking about hootie17 and the Magic Box Elite?

Kid0_oIcarus
10-30-2002, 11:12 AM
Where is hootie17? I don't think he's posted lately, has he.. or she.. whatever? 'course.. I haven't posted much either... so I probably just missed his posts..

Alucard
10-31-2002, 06:18 AM
nonono. This is on a totally different board. Not here.

xXx Beaver xXx
11-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Where is old hootie and the blowfish?

I feel like 'chattin' with him :D

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

Mohtools
11-01-2002, 10:08 PM
WoW! from the looks of it most of the people in this board are friends. when did this board start? There are posted over a thousand. thats alot. Also how do i get to place my pic?

Overlord
11-01-2002, 11:15 PM
The place started in April of this year. And if you're talking about your avatar, all you need is 50 posts, which you have. Go to User CP (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/usercp.php?), edit options, and change avatar. You can either use one of the ones pre-loaded that you have access to, or use a custom one.

flamingspiral
11-03-2002, 03:16 PM
When I reply to a topic, and I type up something that looks big, but when I post it, it looks far smaller than what I intended it to look like. <~~[hint] :crazy:

Spamming jackasses.

mxgame
12-03-2002, 10:48 AM
My biggest complaint ever is the term "fanboy". People use the term like it's a proper adjective before every noun. Second, people who don't like a console but continually post on message boards or areas dedicated to that console.