PDA

View Full Version : Bullly exclusive for PS2

Sinful Sam
08-10-2006, 04:08 AM
When the word "controversy" springs up in a discussion about gaming, the name Rockstar Games can't be too far behind. With games like Grand Theft Auto, The Warriors, and State of Emergency in its portfolio, the publisher has been the frequent target of watchdog groups concerned with exposing younger audiences to violence.

Feathers were further ruffled when Rockstar announced it was developing Bully. The long-in-development game is set in a fictional prep school and stars a 15-year-old boy who must deal with all types of high school characters, including geeks, jocks, and bullies. Players will defend themselves against other students with weapons, but the fight scenes don't feature any blood or fatalities, reports Reuters.

Though few people outside of Rockstar have even seen the game, opposition toward the game's release has been very vocal, saying that impressionable youths will almost certainly engage in copycat schoolyard fights. The game has drawn protests from the Peaceoholics, a concerned youth group, and the British police, both of whom called for the game's ban.

Despite the obstacles, Rockstar Games quietly continued development of the game and will release it in October, according to Reuters.

"Finally Bully can speak for itself. People can look at the game and see what it is and what it's not," Rockstar spokesman Rodney Walker told the news service.

The game was originally scheduled for release on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox but may now be a PS2 exclusive. A source told GameSpot today that the Xbox version, as speculated, has been canceled.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6155541.html

Alucard
08-10-2006, 06:13 AM
I thought they cancelled this game? Rockstar have ZERO imagination. All their games revolve around the same kind of theme.

UniGamer
08-10-2006, 11:10 AM
True and that genre will soon get tired.

Akabei
08-10-2006, 12:33 PM
True and that genre is tired.
fix'd

shinobi00
08-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Don't be mad at rockstar because you guys were bullied for being nerds.

Alucard
08-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I was part of the cool crowd actually! We just werent bullies.

UniGamer
08-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Don't be mad at rockstar because you guys were bullied for being nerds.
LOL good one :D

sideshow
08-11-2006, 12:49 AM
The name of the game is capitalize on your cash cow. Extremely mature violent games is what Rockstar does best.

Alucard
08-11-2006, 07:05 AM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/724/724815p1.html

Heres a bit of info on the game and a video clip. Its actually completely different from what I was expecting. Looks like its actually got its story adventure type thing going on there. I'm actually pretty interested in this now.

shinobi00
08-11-2006, 08:01 PM
I was part of the cool crowd actually! We just werent bullies.

I got in the cool crowd in elementary, and junor high school for beating up hella kids for constantly talking **** about video games and star trek(who didn't like next generation) to me. Schools in NY are rough. It wasn't the same for HS in california, because this state is full of pussies. I beat up a bunch of your cool crowd friends.

Decado
08-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Does anyone else think that the main character looks like Wayne Rooney?

Shorty0061
08-11-2006, 08:56 PM
I got in the cool crowd in elementary, and junor high school for beating up hella kids for constantly talking **** about video games and star trek(who didn't like next generation) to me. Schools in NY are rough. It wasn't the same for HS in california, because this state is full of pussies. I beat up a bunch of your cool crowd friends.
Truly you are a value to society. Keep up the good work champ.

Alucard
08-11-2006, 09:11 PM

haha. Thats what I thought when I saw him. Short stucky UGLY bastard. Its him.

Overwhelming
08-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Oh boy. This reminds me of Skool Daze and Back 2 School! :D

Anyone knows what am I talkin about? ;)

[M]egaman Ver.6
08-16-2006, 07:47 PM

I rofld, go to school in South Central or Compton and say that.

Alexander
08-16-2006, 11:23 PM
This game looks great.

Drunken Savior
08-17-2006, 04:02 AM
I am really curious to see how well this game will sell. I think part of the charm of GTA was that it was set in the world adults are used to. This game targets a younger aduience and I'm not 100%sure it'll target the entire GTA(Fantasy violence in a world mimicking reality) croud.

I mean, we all relate to the world in GTA. We live it. School is in the past, and some people might not get as much of a kick out of it. I know that, personally, GTA sounds more fun than being a bully in high school.

Nephlabobo
08-17-2006, 06:52 AM

I think he looks more like Mickey Rooney.