PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime / Fusion connection details

Black Ace
10-25-2002, 10:18 AM
"Though it's been known that Metroid Prime would feature some connectivity features between Metroid Fusion for the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo has been tight-lipped about the details until now. The company has revealed that by completing Metroid Prime and by linking Prime and Fusion via the GBA link cable, players will be able to use Samus' Metroid Fusion suit in Metroid Prime. In addition, by completing Metroid Fusion and by linking both games, players can unlock the original NES version of Metroid, which will use the GameCube memory card save feature instead of the original password system."

GameSpot

Kid0_oIcarus
10-25-2002, 10:28 AM
Yeah, unfortunately I think it's merly a cosmetic change.. although I'd be happy to find out I was wrong.

Nindalf
10-25-2002, 11:15 AM
So let me get this straight... You need both Prime and Fusion to get the original Metroid?
HAHA! Too bad for none GBA owners!

Kid0_oIcarus
10-25-2002, 12:04 PM
I'd rather they had some way to let you transfer it to Animal Crossing. Thus, letting you play it there too and also allowing AC to piggyback off Prime somewhat..

Vicviper
10-25-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
I'd rather they had some way to let you transfer it to Animal Crossing. Thus, letting you play it there too and also allowing AC to piggyback off Prime somewhat..

agreed! I would love that in AC!!

baratus
10-25-2002, 01:58 PM
Is just a simple thing, not what I was expecting but I don't care. Nintendo clearly warned people not to get their expectations to high because it wasn't a big thing, but cool anyway. What I don't get is why do yo need Fusion's suit for Prime when you can't see Samus most of the game.

FumieHosokawa
10-25-2002, 02:17 PM
Kind of a disappointment to me. (Besides, how would Samus get a suit in Prime that she won't obtain until the later Fusion episode?) They're more like bonuses than a real link feature. I had hoped that there'd be more of a "communication" aspect between the two, maybe you could download a puzzle, mini-game or extra stage from the GC to the GBA and play it offline to be rewarded a secret weapon that you can use in the main game.

But still, I'm sold on both. Street Fighter is getting kinda old sitting on the toilet.

baratus
10-25-2002, 02:35 PM
I suppose the original Metroid will look the same, right? I mean, no enhanced graphics and sounds right? If it had the look of Super Metroid I could give it a try.