PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition Panzer Xbox

Havoc2049
10-22-2002, 06:18 AM
Microsoft and Sega are releasing 999 limited edition Panzer Dragoon Orta Xbox's. What is big and white and is dangerous to small pets and children?:D

Link for all you super hard core fans who might want to buy one:
http://sega.jp/release/nr021021_2.html

gabriel
10-22-2002, 08:21 AM
Here's a bigger image of it: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20021021/sega01.jpg

I think it looks great, reminds me of the Dreamcast. The only thing I dont like is the cheesy Panzer Dragoon print on the lower left.

DBJAY
10-22-2002, 12:15 PM
This is the kind of promotion we need in the US and Europe!

Mav3r1ck
10-23-2002, 01:32 AM
They should have had the writing in black instead of blue. Besides that it looks pretty good.

DBJAY
10-23-2002, 06:04 PM
What is irksome about this is that this is a trend for all gaming companies. Gamecube in orange never released here, why? All the special edition Dreamcasts never released here? Why? Where is the blue PS2? I don't know why the companies bend over backwards with these special edition consoles (not to mention software) strictly for Japan, when N. America is the largest market and Europe barely gets anything.

Cobi*
10-23-2002, 06:26 PM
they have the orange gamecube here in america, or at least, at my local circuit city. it's called spicy not orange.

i don't like the panzer xbox design. they could have just packed in a bunch of stickers and an action figure along with the game and i would have liked it. but it does remind me of the saturn in a weird way, maybe that was their intention.

i think the reason why companies don't release the special edition stuff in america is because there is no proven market for it. this is starting to change with companies experimenting with special edition boxes like they are with robotech, doa volleball and warcraft 3. we'll probably see more of this in the future.

gabriel
10-23-2002, 07:05 PM
The Japanese seem like a bunch of snobs that companies are constantly trying to please, only to have their faces constantly spat in. The ideology seem to be "Well, sales are fine outside of Japan, so we wont bother with the cool promotions there."

*Note: No offense to the Japanese, I dont actually think they're snobs, I just thought it was a nice analogy. All the continuous poorly selling special deals/promotions remind me of a hard to please king, or ah... something.

Mav3r1ck
10-24-2002, 01:57 AM
Because Japan amoung other places have very very large gaming communities and those communities are always spoiled by games companies. I wanted to get my hands on the blue and white PlayStation 2's back when they had those special edition colors, but they were sold out and when Sony offered me one I didn't have cash.