PDA

View Full Version : Needs A Sequel

Beam
06-05-2006, 05:46 PM
there are a few games that need a sequel are.

anything joe & mac

vigilante 8

toy commander

anybody have any other contributions.

justin_credible
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Beyond Good & Evil
Eternal Darkness

SavedFromSin
06-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Gunvalkyrie, but I know that will never happen.

burpingcat
06-05-2006, 07:31 PM
gitarooman. and the port to PSP is not a sequel.

also, the sequel to R.A.D. needs to come out here (if it was ever completed, that is).

SavedFromSin
06-05-2006, 07:34 PM
I would like to see a sequel to PN03, but the game needs to have more effort put into it. I like the concept, but the whole level design and gameplay got real boring after awhile.

Alkaiser
06-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics (FFTA doesn't count.)
Einhander

George Foreman
06-05-2006, 07:50 PM
TOY COMMANDER!!! If Sega doesn't make a sequel for this game I will kill my...... um.... frog!!

Oh, and a Monster Party sequel for the 360 would be nice.

Seraph
06-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics (FFTA doesn't count.)I thought FFTA was actually better. It just didnt have the graphical polish of FFT.

Burning Rangers
NiGHTS
Skies of Arcadia
Pilotwings
Killer Instinct (even if it happens, RARE is garbage now and it would suck)
Street Fighter

burpingcat
06-05-2006, 08:23 PM
I second Killer Instinct. Next-gen consoles probably have the power to actually make a real 3D version of that game. Everybody's dream from 1996 can finally come true.

Seraph
06-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Too bad RARE lost their magic after the N64. All their gamecube/xbox/xbox360 games have been bad or mediocre at best.

So even if we got a new KI, the future is not looking bright in terms of quality.

Meshugana
06-05-2006, 08:34 PM
I thought FFTA was actually better. It just didnt have the graphical polish of FFT.

Burning Rangers
NiGHTS
Skies of Arcadia
Pilotwings
Killer Instinct (even if it happens, RARE is garbage now and it would suck)
Street Fighter

yeh but the story is what was awesome about FFT and the story was what wasnt awesome about FFTA

Seraph
06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
FFT's story was cool and all with those magic stones. But the ending to that game blew chunks in my opinion.

FFTA's story was pretty good. Kids with crappy lives open a portal to a world that grants their hearts desires, but they each discover and learn why they cant stay/live the fantasy. The ending on FFTA was much better.

Alexander
06-05-2006, 09:07 PM
EVO search for Eden

Megaman Classic

a year ago I would have said Valkyrie Profile

And Final Fantasy X-2

diunx
06-05-2006, 09:14 PM
bahamut lagoon
a new donkey kong country.

Alexander
06-05-2006, 09:15 PM
bahamut lagoon
a new donkey kong country.
Shunt you and your shunting DKC. K.Rool is dead and he ain't comin' back you lousy piece of ****. Rare! Come back to me...

Alkaiser
06-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I thought FFTA was actually better. It just didnt have the graphical polish of FFT.

I'm sorry, but any game that has as a major part of the story you guilt tripping a cripple who regained the ability to walk back into being a cripple by telling him that HE'S being selfish is pretty effing weak.

And NiGHTS is just about the last game that needs a sequel. Only pain can come from it. You're either going to discover that a game with the same concept is lame, because nearly every game that has 3D in it has the elements of NiGHTS that made it fun, and tehrefore, it will be very, very boring, or knowing Sega, they'll completely screw it up and make an entirely different game out of it.

Either way, you're going to be pretending it doesn't exist, so why wish for it?

Vegetto
06-05-2006, 11:39 PM
skies of arcadia

SHENMUE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SavedFromSin
06-05-2006, 11:44 PM
EVO search for Eden
That game can lick my butt crack. That last boss was so dang hard I wanted to chuck the system out the window. Think I have beat him only twice in my whole life.

onegoodlogan
06-06-2006, 02:12 AM
SHENMUE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shenmue Online, d00d3r.
Would you like to play a game of Lucky Hit?

Jet Set Radio for Wii ftw.

Risky
06-06-2006, 03:12 AM
Vagrant Story
Next Gen Shadow of the Colossus
Street Fighter

Vegetto
06-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Shenmue Online, d00d3r.
Would you like to play a game of Lucky Hit?

lol thats hilarious

Sinful Sam
06-06-2006, 03:47 AM
Kid Icarus
Punch Out
Zone of the Enders
Omega Boost

Kiryu1985
06-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Tobal 3
Waku Waku 7
Donkey Kong Country
Motor Toon Grandprix
Jackie Chan Stuntmaster - I loved that game
River City Ransom

Seraph
06-06-2006, 10:35 AM
guilt tripping a cripple who regained the ability to walk back into being a cripple by telling him that HE'S being selfish is pretty effing weak.well if i was keeping all my freinds from ever getting back to their homes just because i wanted to be un-crippled, id feel selfish too.

Beam
06-06-2006, 10:42 AM
@ seraph:

yeah i want a nights and a pilotwings too. but i also want a new donkey kong country.

camac
06-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Finish Megaman classic and Legends, and another improved Dark Cloud would be cool. Chrono Break would be nice, maybe even just for the music...

BenX4
06-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Double Dragon Advance could use another follow-up, preferably on a console like the Wii. How could they make a game so good, and then...stop? And leave it on a portable, at that?

Other picks:

Virtual ON - need something to wash the awful taste of MARZ out of my mouth

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Gotcha Force

River City Ransom EX

Guardian Heroes - And by this, I'm more or less saying that the Advance game was not NEARLY enough.

Joy Mech Fight - One of Nintendo's more imaginative titles for the NES/Famicom, that sadly never got a release in America, or advanced beyond the NES. Sukapon (a character from that game) was suggested as a character for SSBB, so hopefully it may garner more interest...

Kid Icarus - If Nintendo's already got one in the oven, power to them. If not...what the hell are they WAITING FOR?!

And SavedFromSin...I'm surprised at you :D ...how can you have Rock Howard as your avatar, and NOT support the notion of a Garou: MOTW sequel?

shinobi00
06-06-2006, 08:15 PM
GI joe(nes one)
Vandal hearts
Fron mission: Gun Hazard(really fun snes mech game check it out)
Guardian Heroes
Snatcher
Street Fighter
Dragon Force(translate 2 please)
Breakdown(pleeease namco)
Tempest 2000

Just some off the top of my head. Since MGS4 is Kojima last metal gear game, I pray i'll be able to play a sequel to snatcher in the next 4 years.

I recently replayed Gun Hazard when I heard it was finally translated. Story isn't that great but it's still alot of fun.

If theres anyone out there who hasn't played breakdown, play it. Even if you don't like the combat system(first person fighter) it's definetly worth going through for the intresting story. Just play it on easy. Maybe microsoft will eventually make it playable via backwards compatibility.

Paper exe
06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Finish Megaman classic and Legends, and another improved Dark Cloud would be cool. Chrono Break would be nice, maybe even just for the music...
If they released Megaman 10 I doubt any would appreciate it especially the once that asked for it. The game would end up being way too short and that would honestly kill it, manly because it is the last one and it ended too fast. I think if they ever would make one it should have all characters choseable with even some secret once and each has his/her own story and some stages and even the stages change a little pit for the character. Also, make a lot of different difficulty and each does have changes for the boss, enemies and also on platforming and traps. I also want a lot of collectable and unlockables like seeing all the boss drawings, like the original Fireman, Astroman, Stoneman and Cloudman etc Also see never been used boss like Mistman, Laserman, and Cosmoman etc. All that with some Capcom extras and magic, it would be a dream come true.
PS: Off course I don't need to ask for a supreme soundtrack, because it is part of Megaman, without it, it wouldn't be Megaman and would lose more then half of the main and most essential gameplay of Megaman.

diunx
06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Snatcher

Just some off the top of my head. Since MGS4 is Kojima last metal gear game, I pray i'll be able to play a sequel to snatcher in the next 4 years.

I think policenauts is the sequel to snatcher.

shinobi00
06-07-2006, 11:15 AM
I think policenauts is the sequel to snatcher.
it's a prequel it dosen't count. Some people listed street fighter anyways.

camac
06-07-2006, 11:23 AM
If they released Megaman 10 I doubt any would appreciate it especially the once that asked for it. The game would end up being way too short and that would honestly kill it, manly because it is the last one and it ended too fast.

Yeah, to be fair all Megaman games tend to be short, but MM8 just felt horrible to me. I think Capcom is just lazy and doesn't want to come up with an official story on how megaman story ends and megaman x begins.

Seraph
06-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Megaman 10? What happened to 9?

camac
06-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Some consider Rockman and Forte to be it. But thats not a debate I'm going to get into :P

Eidan
06-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Skies of Arcadia. I won't be pleased till I get my fucking sequel.

Beam
06-07-2006, 04:44 PM
mario kart a good one like the n64 version on the wii.

sharky~
06-07-2006, 05:29 PM
As a SEGA Fan I could go on and on about great games that should get sequals that don't,
But instead I'll go with just a few:

Shenmue,
Jet Set Radio,
Skies of Arcadia,
Raident Sliver Gun,
Panzer Dragoon,
Shining Force,
Dragon Force.

Zod
06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
MDK
Jersey Devil
Medievil
Chrono Trigger/Cross

Alkaiser
06-08-2006, 01:47 PM
MDK

http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=MDK+2

Zod
06-08-2006, 03:27 PM
http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=MDK+2

I knowe about MDK Armageddon. Played it and beat. it. We need a third one.

Drunken Savior
06-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Im gonna add Earthworm Jim to the mix

Vegetto
06-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Im gonna add Earthworm Jim to the mix

they'd try to make it 3D and completely ruin it like the N64 version... was that even released?

Nem
06-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Well... just to annoy many...

FF7 :P and i mean an RPG sequal, not the crap their putting out there.
Xenogears! Sequal by square! why not? Monolith screwed up so square might try to fix it with a whole different story and characters but the same familiar playability.

onegoodlogan
06-09-2006, 05:22 AM
they'd try to make it 3D and completely ruin it like the N64 version... was that even released?

No. It never happened, period. Wasn't even rumored, doesn't exist.
*puts hands over ears* Lalalalalalalalalalalala.

BGM
06-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Streets Of Rage
Toe Jam and Earl -made like the first one
Two Crude Dudes
Rad Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Discworld
Earthworm Jim -as previously mentioned
Bust A Groove
Life Force
Wild 9
These are a good start anyways.

Beam
06-12-2006, 04:34 PM
we need a new dragon force game 1 & 2 were good games.

Soba
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Sonic 3 & Knuckles (as in, a new game with only Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and maybe some form of Metal Sonic)

Gitaroo-Man

The Neverhood (a new game in that style, not like Skullmonkeys)

Chrono Trigger

Toejam & Earl

Newtype
06-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Definitely Skies of Arcadia...